• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 2,119 Views, 50 Comments

Mystery Dungeon: Equestrial Plains - TheDeku



When Team Trailblazers appear in Ponyville, they find that teamwork and friendship are powerful forces. Good thing they're best friends, but they may not be able to handle what lies ahead.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,119

Ditto Doubles

The strange creature sighed. "You win."

Victini was, for once, not acting all happy about winning. "Don't look so sad about losing, bug-horse-swiss cheese guy. What are you, anyway?"

The creature looked surprised. "You mean, you don't know?"

Keldeo shook its head. "No, honestly. You look like a creature from this world, but you'd fit right in as a Pokemon."

The creature blinked, "You mean you're not mad at me?"

Lopunny laughed. "Oh, we are mad that Diglett isn't back, but we like to know all the facts before we really get mad. Blitzle just has a bit of a temper."

Blitzle chuckled. "Isn't that the truth. You never answered Victini's question, what are you?"

The creature stood, and was about the size of a pony. "I'm a changeling, a drone if I were to be specific. I'm really good with getting voices down, more so than most. I go by Voice Box. We changelings can appear to be anything of around our size and smaller. Like ponies, we have magic and wings, although we aren't as proficient in either as Unicorns or Pegasi. Most that know of us think that we have a hive mind or are indistinguishable. While it is true that we look very similar, our holes are unique to us and we have names and independent thought. We can feed off of most anything, but the best food source for us is love."

"How do you eat love?" Meloetta asked. "Do you suck the blood out of ponies?"

Voice Box shook her head. "No, we just absorb the love the creatures give off for others. We change into those others and absorb the love they feel for 'us'. We can't just join society because we look like this." She gestured to herself.

Chatot hopped over. "Have you ever tried?"

Voice stopped. "I... Well, that is to say... What I mean is-"

Ponta cut her off. "Save it. Let's go get the real Diglett, and see what we can do."

Despite Voice's concerns, Blitzle, Sableye, and Genesect were going to have her lead them to the other Changelings.

As they left for the Everfree, none of them noticed a flash of white fur approaching the fountain in the center of town.

---------------------------

"Hey Sableye, remember the last time we were in this forest? We were attacked by wood puppies!" Blitzle was in high spirits, despite Genesect warning him that it had an uneasy feeling of foreboding.

"We've been in here for twenty minutes. I think we're just going in circles and this is a trap." Genesect said, getting a little annoyed with the walk.

Voice Box shook her head. "Don't worry, we just need to go through these trees and- Here we are."

The Pokemon looked around. They were in a fairly large clearing, and they saw lots of Changelings all around: in trees, on the ground, on rocks, in the air. The saw several of them in a small group, and a much larger one a good ways off. That one saw them and walked over.

"Would I be correct in assuming that you got found out?" She spoke to Voice Box.

Voice tried to shrink on herself. "Yes Queen Chrysalis."

"I see. And then they made you lead them here to us?" Chrysalis spoke with a kind of subtle arrogance that made Genesect mad.

"Y-Yes, they did."

The queen sighed. "Oh well. I didn't expect that to work for very long. I just hoped that it held for longer."

"Hey Queenie." Blitle said, causing her to turn to him. "Where's Diglett?"

She gestured to the group of Changelings. "Over there. He talks on and on and keeps trying to get us to talk to him about Equestria and ourselves."

Sableye walked over to the group, and found Diglett in the middle, telling about the Guild.

"-And then there's Chimecho. She's really nice and is a great cook and- Oh, hi Sableye. How'd you get here?"

Sableye shook her head. "We've been worried about you, as you hadn't come back yet and there was an impostor you."

Diglett looked surprised. "But I haven't been gone that long... Oh, wait, I have been. I was just so into learning about these guys and learning their feet and the feet of the other creatures here that I lost track of time."

One of the Changelings spoke up. "What kind of other creatures?"

"Well, there was a giant Sandile, and some wood Mightyena, and this giant bear guy who I may have annoyed a bit." Diglett continued thinking, but Chrysalis heard that.

"Giant bear thing? How much is 'a bit'?" She asked.

"Hmm... I think it wasn't happy that I woke it up to ask to see its feet. It roared really loud and stepped on me and left. I learned its foot though!"

Chrysalis's eyes widened. "You may have just angered an Ursa into a rampage. That bear could be headed straight for our clearing or right towards Ponyville. Normally, I would say let it be destroyed, but it is our only source of love at the moment."

Genesect's eyes flashed and it began turning. "Infrared scanner activated. Locating... Target found. Heading right to Ponyville. Suggested course of action..." Genesect grabbed Sableye and Blitzle before folding up. "Beat it there." Genesect then took off. Without another word, Diglett dug into the ground and shot through the forest. Chrysalis sighed.

"I suppose we must help them if they dare to fight the beast. Hopefully, it is merely an Ursa Minor so that we may stand a chance."

---------------------------

Victini and Meloetta left the Guild to wander the town. "What a pretty fountain." Meloetta said.

Victini pointed. "Not for long. Look what's on it!"

Meloetta looked up and saw an imposing figure. It was mostly white, and looked sort of like a dog, if not for the blade coming out of its forehead. "An Absol? That cannot be good news." They saw a rainbow trail go overhead, and Victini flew up to the head of it.

"What's the rush?"

"An Ursa Minor just came through the Everfree. It looks mad and it's headed right for Ponyville! I need to let Twilight know!" Rainbow sounded like she was in trouble if she didn't tell her 20 seconds ago, so Victini let her continue.

Victini flew back to Meloetta. "Big bear thingy from the forest is on a rampage."

Meloetta looked at Absol. "Is the the disaster?" Absol nodded, and ran towards the forest.

Victini turned to Meloetta. "Warn the Guild, I'll try and hold it off." Victini sped off after Absol to face the giant beast.

---------------------------

Deoxys sat in front of a statue of an interesting figure. Nearby, a white pony and a black pony watched.

"You are an interesting fellow. Spirit of Disharmony, representation of Chaos. Why do you see others as mere playthings? Do you not know that it would be more fun with them enjoying themselves too? ... Do I know? No, I do not. I do not really have friends. I am mostly alone."

The white turned to the black. "Deoxys hasn't left that spot since it first sat down. I'm starting to get worried that it has been controlled by Discord."

The black shook her head. "I doubt that, sister. Jirachi has given its word that Deoxys is difficult to mind control."

The white considered. "Still, I wonder... How did these Pokemon get here? Could Discord have had a hand in it?"

The image faded, leaving the watcher alone. "Little do they know he did have a hand, but I was the one who loosened the boundaries between worlds after he began. I sent the first few arrivals and he that this will work in his favor. They will not like my misleading of them, but it is of the essence that it is kept secret until I know that they are what I need. That is why I sent Mew there, and sent Deoxys and Jirachi to space near the planet. I need all the pieces in place. If this works, it could cause our... issues to be dealt with. If it fails, then there may be some trouble for all of you. You understand my concern?"

Another creature, much larger than the first, nodded. "Yes. In my domain, I keep watch over it as you have asked me to for many eons. It is becoming more powerful, the Bittercold and the Shadow Pokemon, especially XD-001 have proven it. The cards were dealt in our favor, as one of its own will likely be the way we can finally be rid of it. For now, I suggest watching how it all plays out."

The first nodded. "Agreed. I will come if 'Discord' becomes a larger threat than can be handled, but I would rather not have to. It has already played its cards, using its creation to cause a distraction while it shattered the Prism. Now it is my turn, and I do not intend on letting it go to waste. Keep me informed of any major developments, and ask your brothers to help figure out what happened to Zekrom and Reshiram."

Author's Note:

And now, changelings and foreshadowing. Also, how do you fight an Ursa? Find out next chapter, but speculate like crazy! Have a good one.
-Deku