• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 2,119 Views, 50 Comments

Mystery Dungeon: Equestrial Plains - TheDeku



When Team Trailblazers appear in Ponyville, they find that teamwork and friendship are powerful forces. Good thing they're best friends, but they may not be able to handle what lies ahead.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,119

Deoxyribonucleic Acid

After depositing the Thunderclaps into jail and Keldeo into bed, Mew teleported back to the throne room, where all the others ent to talk to the princesses.

"I can't believe that Raichu did that!" Rarity was saying.

Fluttershy nodded. "It didn't hurt much, but it was a strange sensation that didn't feel very good."

Blitzle held up his hoof. "Wait. Raichu's THUNDER didn't hurt? He broke through the shields, how are you not hurt?"

Mew floated over and sat on Blitzle's head. "He broke though the block shields. I had other passive shields up that decreased damage. In this case, Light Screen was the prime defender. Unfortunately, I only thought to set it up as part of the shields, not on all of you. That probably would have made more sense."

Rainbow shrugged. "Eh, it worked. No need to worry about them anymore."

Celestia nodded. "Yes, and we must thank you for preventing any advance into Canterlot."

Darkrai floated to the window and looked out towards the sky. "There needs to be a way to let Pokemon know what's going on better than fighting them. We've been lucky that no incident has happened yet where Pokemon attack towns and cities other than this one, but what do we do when that luck runs out?"

Twilight nodded. "You're right. There needs to be a better way. Good thing there haven't been aggressive Pokemon falling from the sky or rising out of the ground yet."

Mew floated off of Blitzle. "I think I'll pay a visit to the Guild, get them in on the situation." Mew teleported off.

Darkrai turned around. "You may wish to see this." It gestured out the window. Applejack got there first and saw what he meant. There was a crater in the ground outside of Canterlot, and there seemed to be something in the crater.

"I don't know what that is, but I think we need to know what that is." She said. "Let's go."

--------------------------------------------

Spike sat at the edge of the crater. "It looks like a giant gem. Strange shape, though."

Rarity nodded. "It does, but I've never seen a gem of that color. Red and blue-green? How do you fuse a ruby to sapphire or emerald?"

Ponyta looked it up and down. "It looks strange, but nothing seems too out of the ordinary."

Spike turned over to her, Rarity, and Darkrai. "Uh, guys? Is the color... moving?" Spike was right, the color seemed to be moving up the object.

Darkrai floated in front of them. "Back away, all of you. Especially you, Twilight. This is a Pokemon that is very interesting to study, yes, but wait until it is calmed."

Rainbow laughed. "You call that rock a Pokemon? Please. I could smash it before it moves, just watch." Before Darkrai could stop her, she flew straight at the rock and bucked it with both back hooves. Rainbow flew back over to Darkrai. "See? Didn't do a thing to me."

The rock shuddered, and the red and blue-green floated off of the rock and formed into a pitch black triangle.

Darkrai growled. "You foolish pegasus! You just made it mad!" Darkrai's voice sounded like a demon. "Watch!"

The triangle floated still for a second, and then shot down and (to Darkrai's perspective) to the left. Then up more and to the right. Then down to the right. Far up and far right. Right. Far down and left. Up and left. Right. Down and left. Up. The triangle floated in place for a second, and four tentacles sprouted out of it. The triangle and tentacles gained color, two red, two blue-green, and the triangle was a mix of both. A purple gem appeared in the triangle. The triangle formed into a body, bipedalled. The arms came together and flattened, the point on the triangle rounded, the body became wider. The Pokemon looked at them and opened its eyes.

Darkrai pulled its hands from its side and calmly spoke. "We do not wish to fight you, Deoxys. Please, calm down."

Deoxys floated in front of it, staring. Suddenly, it trust its arms in front of it and fired a giant beam at the group. It hit Darkrai directly, darkrai taking the full blast with the beam not going past it.

"DARKRAI!" Ponyta yelled.

"Do not engage Deoxys under any means." Darkrai said, before bringing its arms up and firing a beam in response. Dark Pulse cut through Deoxys's attack and knocked Deoxys back. "Your Psycho Boost does nothing to me. Calm yourself."

A voice was heard in everyone's heads. It was child-like, but not child-pitched. "Why? We were attacked by the blue. Must protect friend. No harm may come. Promised to keep safe." Deoxys tilted its head. "Planet is not home. Planet should be home. Nightmare, why is home not here?"

Darkrai lowered its hands. "Deoxys, this is not our world. We can here without planning on it, however there seems to be more at work here. Do not attack us, we aren't going to attack you, RIGHT, Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow smiled guiltily. "Yeah... sorry about that."

Twilight walked over to Darkrai. "Who is 'friend'? Why did Deoxys call you Nightmare?"

Darkrai sighed. "Deoxys, while being very powerful, is a young Pokemon. It has only been around for maybe the past decade or two. It is more like a robot than Genesect, due to not having anyone teach it. It is hyper-intelligent, but doesn't know how to use it. It called me Nightmare because it sometimes uses descriptions in place of names. As for friend, ask it."

Twilight turned to Deoxys. "Deoxys? Who is 'friend'?"

Deoxys ignored her. "Is this a safe place? This world, is it safe?"

Darkrai nodded. "Safe enough."

Deoxys nodded, morphing into the smaller body, its arms becoming tentacles again, twisting them into a double helix. It turned to the rock behind it before speaking. "It is safe. Wake up now."

The rock shuddered once more, and then split open. A strange creature floated up, surrounded in a blue outline. Twilight realized that Deoxys was using psychic powers to lift the Pokemon out. The Pokemon was about Mew's size, and had three points on it's head. Its eyes opened slowly, and then yawned loudly.

"Good morning, Deoxys. Have we landed yet?" The Pokemon had a very young voice, like Mew. It looked around. "Darkrai? How are you? I haven't seen you in a while! Hey, who are you? You don't look like Pokemon."

Darkrai nodded. "They are not. Jirachi, Deoxys? I'd like you to meet some natives. Spike, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, as well as a rescue team consisting of Blitzle, Ponyta, and Sableye. You all? I would like to introduce Deoxys, the DNA Pokemon, and Jirachi, the wish Pokemon. Deoxys can turn into 4 different formes to give itself an advantage in any situation, and Jirachi grants wishes."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Grants wishes? That's kind of hard to believe."

Jirachi smiled. "How is it hard? Make a wish!"

"I wish I knew how the rest of the guild is doing." Blitzle said.

Jirachi giggled. "Chatot, Diglett, Bidoof, and Lopunny are settling in. Several other teams have come to this planet, but none are in danger. Most are, coincidentally, heading towards the guild base here. Wigglytuff has searched every inch of Treasure Town and the Mystery Dungeons for you guys, and to help his cause the entire guild has gone everywhere. To fill in for Lopunny, he has joined with Team Charm temporarily. Team Skull has become a Probationary Rescue Team for the guild, meaning they have to report what they did for the day to Chatot at dinner. The guild here has also gotten some more help from Genesect and Meloetta. Mew is refilling food supplies, as well as recovery seeds and items."

"Genesect?" Ponyta looked incredulous.

"He calmed down." Jirachi said.

Applejack cleared her throat. "I think we should report back to the princesses, and then head back home." With the nods of approval and Deoxys tilting its head, the group headed back to the castle.

Author's Note:

Deoxys started in Normal Forme, but immediately switched to Defense Forme before eventually going Normal Forme again.

So! How about a nice chapter of foreshadowing from several chapters ago? Please leave questions, comments, hate mail, ideas, random faces, and other oddities in message form or comments! Have a good one.
-Deku