• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 2,119 Views, 50 Comments

Mystery Dungeon: Equestrial Plains - TheDeku



When Team Trailblazers appear in Ponyville, they find that teamwork and friendship are powerful forces. Good thing they're best friends, but they may not be able to handle what lies ahead.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,119

Only the Beginning

In Canterlot Castle, two sisters were discussing something of importance.

"Luna, you are sure you have seen nothing during the night?" Celestia asked.

"Yes my sister. I have seen nothing, and Darkrai may be able to confirm when he arrives." Luna listened intently for any sign of her fellow dream walker. There was noise outside the throne room, and both turned to the doors.

"No monster will be allowed through, especially carrying an unconscious pony with them." A guard outside said with force.

"Allow me through or I will have to force my way through. I have a matter of utmost importance of which to speak with the princesses." A deep male voice warned. "They are expecting me. If you do not believe me, tell them Darkrai has arrived."

Celestia opened the door. Darkrai, looking thoroughly beaten around, was carrying a filly. She was an Earth pony, grey mane and dark blue body, and had no cutie mark yet. She had a Lunar Wing around her neck, and Darkrai had all of his visible. "Darkrai, what happened? Come in, quickly."

Darkrai floated in the throne room and floated to the ground and sat, groaning. "She's stuck in a nightmare. I cannot break it or feed from it. It is uncontrollable even to me, who shapes and controls nightmares. The lunar wings have no effect, and her nightmare fights back. I only barely escaped. I apologize for making you stay up to wait for me, princesses, but the dream drew my concern. I fear she had been attacked and the nightmare is ingrained too far in her head. I improvised to the parents, saying I was a disciple of you," He said, indicating Luna. "They bought it. I tried everything I could, but told them I would need to take her directly to you, and promised I would let them know of any changes to her condition, and promised that she would make it through. The Lunar Wing helped her condition, but I cannot do more in this condition. I must request that you do not go into the dream without me, Luna."

Luna looked at him like he said he punched Celestia. "And what, specifically, would make you think I cannot handle myself in my own domain?"

Darkrai laughed. "Your domain? My dear Alicorn, your domain is dreams. Nightmares are not just my domain, I am the god and master of them. I highly doubt that if I was this beaten by my own domain you could do anything without my help. At this point is when I would call in MY sister, who cancels out nightmares and bad dreams just by being there. if you are so sure about going in, however..."

Celestia stepped forward. "What are you going to do? I must insist that you let us in on the plan before you make a possible mistake."

Darkrai looked at her and nodded. "Fair enough. My plan is to use Dream Eater on her, hopefully removing the nightmare but that is unlikely. Dream Eater will recover my health more effectively than some of my other move due to what I am. Then, I will go with your sister into this filly's dreams and fight whatever is in there. I already tried diplomacy, and that thing attacked. It looked like a Raichu, but pure yellow with glowing red eyes. It was larger and much stronger than it should be. Nothing I did to it did more than if I threw a rock at one of you. I think that more Pokemon are coming than just the seven I am aware of."

Luna looked astonished. "Seven? I thought there were three, you and the two we were informed of."

Darkrai chuckled. "Heh. There are more than that know, and likely more than seven at this point. There's Blitzle, Ponyta, and I, but there's a clever Pokemon called Sableye, and the members of Team Skull, the bat, known as Zubat, the ball of assorted gasses, a Koffing, and the big guy in charge of the two, Skuntank. This filly's dream provides proof of a Raichu sighting, and a violent one at that. Enough about my problem. You asked me to come as quick as I can?"

Celestia yawned. "Yes. We received a letter that we do not feel is good news in any way."

Luna turned to her. "Please sister, go to bed. We will discuss what is going on."

Celestia nodded and turned to leave. At the door, she stopped and turned towards Darkrai. "You should recover yourself as quick as you can." Celestia left, leaving Darkrai to wonder if she knew more about what was going on than she let on.

"Here it is." Luna levitated it to Darkrai, who looked at it.

" 'Dear citizens of the city, surrender the city or be driven out by the Thunderclaps. You have until Tuesday morning to make your desicion.' " Darkrai groweled a bit. " 'Soon-to-be owner of this place, Raichu.' What a good-for-nothing electric rodent!"

Luna shook her head. "There's more."

" 'P.S. That child was a warm up act for what we can really do.' THAT LITTLE PIECE OF TRUBBISH!" Darkrai roared. "I'll tear him to pieces personally!"

Luna put her hoof on his shoulder before he could get up. "Don't you dare. If you're this tired, recover your energy and wait. We did not know what that last part meant until you arrived."

Darkrai sighed. "You are correct. I need to rest. Speaking of... Rest." Darkrai fell asleep, and Luna watched as any indication of having fought disappeared. After about 5 minutes, Darkrai woke up. "Much better."

Luna hid her surprise. "Good. We must enter the dreams. I, unlike you, only send my consciousness into dreams. Are you ready?"

Darkrai put a Lunar Wing around her neck. "Just in case. Ready."

The pair of dream walkers entered the dreams of a young filly, prepared to do whatever they can to wake her up.

---------------------------------------------------

"Dear Twilight, we must request that you and your friends come as soon as you can. Please send a letter back telling when you are coming. Sincerely, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna." Twilight read the letter quickly. "Something must have happened. Spike, ask Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy to come here. Sableye should be with Rarity, so get it to come too."

"Her." Spike responded.

"Her? Her who?"

"Sableye. She has a female voice, and Rarity confirmed it at the campfire after Sableye had been singing. We were suprised. We thought she was male."

"Oh. Well, get her to come, then. Blitzle is with Rainbow to see if he can help with weather, so they should be together. Ponyta is who-knows-where, and Applejack should be at Sweet Apple Acres, so I'll try to find them. Ask every pony to come as soon as possible."

---------------------------------------------------

Blitzle watched Rainbow push clouds around. "Alright, doesn't seem too hard. Honestly seems like what Plusle and Minun do, for the most part. The difference being they use their electrical magnetism to pull the clouds rather than push it, and in order to get the Minun on the cloud they need a flying type to help."

"Well, as much as I don't know either of those Pokemon, I am not carrying you onto a cloud." Rainbow laughed. "So unless you can grow wings, I think you aren't going to be able to help the weather team."

"I didn't mean carry me. I meant that if I do this right, I can use positively charged electricity to drag the cloud around." Blitzle sparked up, and shot a bolt at a cloud, and the bolt stays and becomes like a rope. "Unless this is against regulation, I think that I am going to be able to help the weather team."

Rainbow would have made one of her usual snarky remarks, but she saw Twilight running over. "Heya Twilight. Whatcha need?"

Twilight stopped running, and paused to catch her breath for a second. "Both of you, to the library. We need to discuss something. Also, do either of you know where Ponyta is?"

Rainbow shrugged. "I think she said that she was going with Koffing and Zubat to the Everfree."

Twilight nodded. "I'll be on the lookout for her, then. Wait for me in the library, got it?"

---------------------------------------------------

Back at the library, Twilight is pacing back and forth worriedly, Blitzle, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Sableye watched her in a mix of mild amusement, serious concern, and large boredom. "Koffing and Zubat said Spike had Ponyta, but neither can be found. Where are they?"

"Relax. They probably got sidetracked by Pinkie or something." Blitzle remarked, noticing Sableye climb onto his back. "What, am I that comfortable? Why always me?"

Sableye knocked on the back of his neck and leaned her back against it and began reading a book.

Blitzle sighed. "I guess I have a good neck. Oh, I think they're here.""

"How could you POSSIBLY know if they're here, Blitzle?" Rarity asked.

"I heard what sounded like her move B-" There were knocks on the door. "Here they are now, Delcatty."

"Delcatty? DELCATTY?" Rarity yelled as Applejack opened the door and Pinkie, Spike and Ponyta came in. "Erm, what's a Delcatty?"

Ponyta glared at Blitzle. Not for anything in particular, but she had a feeling Blitzle had done something to prompt a question about an unmentioned Pokemon. "It is a Normal-type cat. Xatu mentioned it is also known as the Prim Pokemon. It hates dirt and constantly grooms itself."

"Just like a mostly white, purple mane and tail Pony. Hey, they even look alike." Blitzle smirked. "Am I wrong?"

For all his efforts, Ponyta glared at him again, Applejack laughed, and Rarity got Sableye to smack him upside the head.

"If you're all finished, we have a problem." Twilight said, getting between Rarity and a sparking Blitzle. "The princesses asked that we arrive as soon as possible, as something came up. Does any pony have anything they need to do before we pack and go?"

"Sableye here was helping finish a few designs." Rarity said. "Although, I can bring them, and if it really is such a big deal that we come quickly."

"Excellent. Anything else? Applejack, what about Sweet Apple Acres? There's almost always a little more work there."

Applejack shook her head. "Just finished planting seeds for the season."

Twilight sighed with relief. "Great. Anything else? No? Good. Let's meet at the train station in an hour."

Right before every pony headed off to grab whatever bags they would need, there was some knocking at the door. Outside was Skuntank, and he looked a little worried. "Yo. There's, uh, something that you may want to see. As in, right now." He turned and ran off in a direction. After a moment's hesitation, they followed.

"I don't know about you, but I think that the princesses aren't the only one's who have a little trouble on their hooves..." Blitzle remarked, staring at the tent and grate that had appeared by Ponyville.

"What is that?" Fluttershy asked. "What's that face on that tent?"

Ponyta whinnied nervously. "This... is the home of the Wigglytuff Guild."

Author's Note:

I hate being sick. As reward for waiting oh-so patiently, you get extra long chapter! Hoo-rah. Fair warning, chapter progression may take longer for a while, I need to catch up on a few things because I was sick. However, please let me know anything you want added into the script, be it pokemon or teams. Let me know where I screwed up, what made you laugh, and anything else you want to bring to my attention. Have a good one, guys.
-Deku