• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 2,119 Views, 50 Comments

Mystery Dungeon: Equestrial Plains - TheDeku



When Team Trailblazers appear in Ponyville, they find that teamwork and friendship are powerful forces. Good thing they're best friends, but they may not be able to handle what lies ahead.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,119

Claps of Thunder, Bolts of Lightning

Every pony woke up with the sun. None of them wanted to let Raichu have time to prepare for them. As they headed to the area they had been attacked, Ponyta pulled Applejack aside.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Ponyta asked nervously.

A little confused, Applejack shrugged. "Sure. What do you need?"

"You're the one with a connection to truth, right?"

"Honesty, actually, but yeah." Applejack was now confused. "Why?"

"Have you ever gotten strange dreams due to your element?"

Applejack was now really confused. "No. What do you mean by 'strange dreams'?"

Ponyta sighed. "For the past few days, I've had this strange dream. I've been in a white area, surrounded by fire. There's this voice, it sounds female, but with power behind it, in a way. I never see what's talking, but it always asks the same thing: 'Do you seek the truth?' and I don't know what it means by that. Darkrai refuses to look into it and Luna told me she couldn't get in during that dream, but can be in my dreamscape before and after the dream. I thought it was just me, but Blitzle complained to me about a similar dream."

Applejack shrugged. "Sorry, I don't know what that is. You could ask Twilight, but I don't know what's going on."

Outside the castle, Keldeo walked over to Shining Armor. "Your wife was worried about you. She made me promise to bring you back in one piece. She said you hadn't been married long. She also made me promise to keep and eye on Twilight so she doesn't over exert herself. Mind helping out with that part?" He tugged at a head band it had on.

Shining smiled. "Part of the plan. Hopefully, it won't come to the point here she would need to. The guard and I should be able to handle many of them."

Eventually, Canterlot's defenders got outside the barrier and found Raichu and his gang waiting for them. Fluttershy, still in the barrier with Rarity, shuddered. "There are so many of them. Good luck."

Darkrai turned back to her. "All will be well. Don't worry."

"Yo nightmare! Done saying your goodbyes?" Raichu taunted. "We got all day to take you guys down, but we really don't want to wait very long."

"Shut up Raichu. We're not going to lose." Blitzle called back.

"Funny, our ace thinks differently." Electivire responded.

"Your ace? What ace?" Mew asked.

A parting in the gang revealed a figure walking forward. It was bipedaled and had four limbs. It was purple and towered over all of the defenders but Darkrai. Its eyes were red, and it would have looked like a large insect if it wasn't for the fact that it had a large cannon on its upper back.

"Genesect? What are you doing?" Darkrai asked. "It's me, Darkrai. You're on our side."

"DARKRAI?" It asked in a robotic tone.

"That doesn't sound like the Genesect I know. Come on Genesect, we don't have time for games right now." Mew said.

"MEW?" Genesect asked.

Mew giggled. "Okay, the voice is kinda funny in a creepy sort of way. Yeah, it's me."

"DESTROY!" Genesect lunged towards Mew, who teleported off to the side.

"Over here!" Mew called. Genesect turned and launced itself at Mew. Mew transformed into Magmortar. "I didn't want to fight you, but fine! Flamethrower!" Mew launched a wave of fire at Genesect, who dodged and tried to hit with X-Scissor.

Darkrai had been intercepted by Electivire, and was floating around it to prevent from being caught in one place. It was surprisingly agile, and was able to avoid many of Darkrai's attacks. It couldn't land any of its fighting type attacks, but it kept Darkrai too occupied to help the rest of the fight. Blitzle and Raichu were batting one-on-one, slam versus Flame Charge and Wild Charge. Keldeo was dealing with Manectric, Luxray, and Heliolisk, using superior agility to avoid their attacks. Ponyta fought Magnezone, and Sableye fought Eelecktross. The ponies had to struggle with the rest, but they also had magic, better speed, and very powerful kicks on their side. Spike was relatively unaffected by the electric attacks, surprising everybody, and used his fire to drive back and distract the foes, occasionally going in for actual damage.

"Fall! Slam!" Raichu yelled, launching himself at Blitzle.

"Never! Wild Charge!" Blitzle avoided Raichu and shoulder-checked him away.

Twilight blasted foes away with magic, not noticing Galvantula coming up behind her. Suddenly, Sableye flew over her head and Slashed the bug away. She glanced backwards, and quickly figured out what happened. Rarity was using the gems on Sableye's back to influence how it moved. Sableye gave Twilight a thumbs-up, before getting magically tossed back at Eelecktross.

"Don't try to fight all of them at once. I've got your back." Rarity called to her.

Pinkie had somehow gotten her party cannon into a fight again, and was blasting every electric type around her. She eventually was able to make her way to Mew and Genesect, and blasted Genesect from behind with her cannon. "Weeeeee! Cheer up, purple guy!"

Genesect turned towards her. It got down on all fours and its cannon began to glow. Pinkie only just barely got out of the way as it fired Techno Blast straight through the crowd.

"Electric? How? You were just using water!" Mew complained, hitting Genesect with Fire Blast. "Unless you found a way to load your drives into your cannon! You can switch between them at will now! Amazing! I didn't think you would be able to. We've been unable to figure out how to. When did you do that?"

Genesect didn't respond, and instead knocked Mew back with Iron Head, before turning towards the barrier and blasting that with Techno Blast. The barrier began to crack, and would have shattered had Mew not used Overheat on Genesect from behind.

"That's out of line, Genesect!" Mew said, losing her fun tone. "This ends, now." Mew used Flare Blitz, and when Genesect tried to recover hit it with Fire Punch, and then Thunder Punch.

After getting hit with Thunder Punch, Genesect began to act strangely. It seemed to shut down. It soon rebooted, but its eyes no longer glowed. "Who decided it would be a good idea to attack me?" Genesect spoke, but not as it had before. It still had the robotic undertones, but its voice sounded more organic. "Must destroy. Don't want to, cannot resist." Genesect launched itself into the sky, disappearing into the clouds.

"What a waste of a fighter, leaving like that." Raichu threw Blitzle into Ponyta. It proceeded to use Thunder on Keldeo, right through the horn. "Not like we need it. How do you like over 100,000 volts right to the horn?"

"I've. Felt. Worse." Keldeo stands up, fighting the powerful attack. "And its not a horn. Its a sword!" Keldeo then began to change, as if years of its life were put in fast-forward. Its hoofs grew up its legs a bit, its mane and tail became larger, its sword grew longer and turned blue, it gained a more determined expression and three feathers grow on the side of its head. "Try to keep up, Raichu. Sacred Sword!" Keldeo lunged towards Raichu, its horn flattening out and becoming even longer. It swiped at Raichu, and then lunged again. "Secret Sword!" It knocked Raichu back, and then proceeded to go to take out the weaker members so they don't get overwhelmed.

Raichu got back up. "Still got tricks up your sleeve, eh? Here's mine." Raichu unleashed Thunder, but in went over every pony's head and broke through the barrier. Raichu then proceeded to electrocute Fluttershy and Rarity.

"What the-" Ponyta looked. She turned towards Raichu and her flames shot up. "FLAMETHROWER!" She was surprised when she fired a giant blast of fire at Raichu.

At the same time, Blitzle sparked up at ran at Raichu. "YOU DIRTY CHEATER! WILD CHARGE!" He roared as he sparked up. He suddenly became encircled by blue electricity. The ball of electricity then solidified as armor around Blitzle while maintaining a spherical lightning ball, and he slammed into Raichu head first.

By this time, most of the rest of the gang had been beaten. Keldeo turned back to normal, and Twilight walked towards Raichu. "You've lost. Just give up now."

Raichu stood, a little shakily, holding one arm with the other. "You're right. I've lost and can't win the fight at this point." He then smirked. "Doesn't mean I can't put one of you out of commission for a long time." Raichu then sprinted towards Twilight like lightning.

Too shocked to put up a shield, Twilight braced for Raichu's attack. Suddenly, Keldeo leaped in front of her.

"Not this time!" His horn became his sword once more, and he held it in a defensive stance. Raichu's fist slammed into him, and he sliced back in response. Raichu immediately crumpled, having lost all his HP. Keldeo wobbled for a bit, and fell on his side.

"Good shot, Sword of Justice." Darkrai said, floating over. "What did you do?"

Keldeo chuckled. "Counter. Can't actually learn it, according to Cobalion. Turns damage taken into a counterattack twice as powerful. Focus Punch. Power 150, the strongest fighting type attack. On an unsuspecting Pokemon, it can put them unconscious for weeks. On a creature with no resistance to the attack, it can do a lot worse. I was only able to counter because of this." He indicates the headband. "Focus Band. 10% chance of holding on with one HP when hit by an attack that would knock you out normally." Keldeo pushed himself up. "I'm going to need some time to recover from that."

Using its Psychic powers, Mew carried the Thunderclaps and Keldeo to the castle, planning on putting the bad guys away and Keldeo into bed.

Author's Note:

The battle begins and ends. Fluttershy and Rarity are all fine, just a little shocked. They'll be back to normal next chapter. If there are any mistakes or unclears in the chapter, please let me know. It will be a while before new chapters that aren't special are written, but I'll fix any mistakes or respond to any messages. Have a good one.
-Deku

P.S. Did you know Genesect could learn Fly? I certainly didn't until I checked Bulbapedia.