• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 6,317 Views, 219 Comments

If I Could Catch Fuzz In a Bottle - shortskirtsandexplosions



While enjoying Movie Night out with the girls, Twilight Sparkle discovers what it feels like to snuggle somepony. She then makes the logical next step: attempting to distill cuddles into portable, consumable form. For science, of course.

  • ...
25
 219
 6,317

Observations

Twenty minutes later, the six mares trotted out of the Ponyville movie theatre and into a cool, breezy Friday evening. Citizens gathered around glowing lampposts, chatting and chortling beneath the buzz of electric lights.

"I'm hungry," Fluttershy said with a gentle smile. "Anypony want to stop by the Hay Hut for a quick bite?"

"Euuunghhh..."

"Guhhh..."

"Mmmmff..." Rarity waved her hoof. "Erm... no thanks, darling. I'm glad you have an appetite, at least."

"Oh! I'll go! I'll go!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Hehe... okay, Pinkie," Fluttershy nodded, then smiled at the rest of the group. "I guess this is 'goodnight.' See the rest of you tomorrow?"

"Celestia willin'," Applejack said, adjusting the brim of her hat with a slight yawn. "I've got me a whole bunch of corn shuckin' to do tomorrow. Still, this was real hoot. We oughta go to the movies more often, y'all!"

"Isn't it the best to go when the movie's been out for so long?!" Pinkie Pie bounced in circles, grinning wide. "It's so fun fun fun to chat it up without other ponies to shush you!"

"Hmmm..." Rarity smiled. "I have to admit, it certainly makes for charming conversation." She stifled a yawn. "Alas, I must retire early—assuming the movie's imagery doesn't linger too long in my mind." Her face scrunched as she thought aloud: "When encountering a murderous automaton bent on rampant evisceration, wouldn't it be properly fashionable to wear wool? That's far more absorbent a material..."

"Ehhhh..." Rainbow Dash spread her wings and began flapping. "The movie wasn't that horrible. For real. Have any of you girls even seen 'Horsetel?'"

"Brrrbrbrrrr..." Fluttershy trotted off with Pinkie Pie. "And on that note..."

"So long, y'all!" Applejack waved and headed off for Sweet Apple Acres. "Sleep tight!"

"Same to you!" Rarity was gone.

"So long, Twilight!" Rainbow's voice cracked as she flitted off, heading for the clouds. "Try not to run into any chainsaw cyborg mutants on the way home!"

"Erm... r-right..." Twilight stood in a gold halo of lamplight, alone. She shivered from a nightly breeze, waving towards the glittery night sky as Rainbow became a faint blue streak, then vanished. "Stay safe..."

The unicorn lingered in place. As her waving hoof lowered, she brought it against her chest, stroking concentric circles against her own lavender fuzz. Twilight chewed on her bottom lip. Then, with a flick of her tail, she began her lonely trot to the treehouse sitting in the center of Ponyville.