• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 6,316 Views, 219 Comments

If I Could Catch Fuzz In a Bottle - shortskirtsandexplosions



While enjoying Movie Night out with the girls, Twilight Sparkle discovers what it feels like to snuggle somepony. She then makes the logical next step: attempting to distill cuddles into portable, consumable form. For science, of course.

  • ...
25
 219
 6,316

Eggshells

"Nnnnnngh..." Twilight Sparkle shivered, flailing as her body flew through infinite darkness. Every breath cascaded around her in frosty vapors, and she felt the blood in her body going cold. Her yelping cries increased, echoing against the void. Finally, just as her eyes teared, she curled up into a little ball, surrendering to the impenetrable emptiness.

"Uhhh... Twilight?"

The voice vibrated all around her. Suddenly, the unicorn felt enfolded from all sides with feather-light velvety softness.

Twilight cooed, curling up against that warm, warm blanket. The blanket wrapped itself around her with wings and limbs. Within seconds, the void had cleared, dashed away like a dissipating thunder cloud. A toasty red glow lingered on the edges of Twilight's eyelids, so she finally opened them.

At first, all she saw was a sea of sky-blue fluff. Then, as Twilight tilted her head up, she saw fuzzy cheeks—and in the center of that cuddly frame a face... a slyly grinning face. A coy smirk loomed in the center of it all, and each syllable that came out of that smug muzzle was laced with fragrant breaths, smelling of dew drops and spring rainstorms.

"You okay, Twi?"

Twilight answered, or maybe she didn't. It mattered little. Blue feathers wrapped around her tighter, and she felt safe. As the trembles melted, Twilight went limp, leaning her face against the fuzzy sea, reveling in the gesture being returned tenfold. She felt Rainbow nuzzling the top of her head through her mane, and when the pegasus spoke it was as though Twilight's heart vibrated along with each scrumptious syllable.

"I know you're an egghead, but that doesn't mean you gotta crack so easily."

Somewhere, there was a dashing wink, and it kindled a flame that spread to all edges of the movie screen, burning the film to shredded bits so that a projected beam of white light invaded from beyond, throttling Twilight to the surface with a rush of blood through her aching head.