• Published 17th Feb 2015
  • 1,698 Views, 5 Comments

Siren Wails - Fluttercordforever



Since, Aria, Adagio, Sonata have taken over equestria, Adagio has been feeling useless. Read the first fic first.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,698

Left in the dark

Green smoke, green smoke everywhere, ponies fighting and bickering for seemingly no reason. A particularly comforting thought for 3 certain sirens. Yet, it is quite typical for a villain to want to rule the world isn't it? These were thoughts that clouded Adagio's mind as she looked at the endless feeling of hatred amongst the ponies of equestria. She had everything she wanted, her powers, her home, her true form, and even.. Her friends. After all this time it was still hard to think of them as 'friends.' She had all this, yet why did she feel so alone?

"Ugh! For the last time Sonata, NO!" Aria yelled at the other blue siren who was annoyingly pulling her 'hoof.'

"PLEEEAASE! Can we PLEASE go get a veggie taco from that shop down there please!" Sonata yelled back at Aria.

"No!"

"Would you two stop bickering for once in your pathetic lives! Aria just go and get her a taco to calm her down!" Adagio snapped at her two fellow sirens.

As the pair went down into the constant chaos of ponyville, Adagio returned to her usual calm demeanor once again. Adagio went back to her usual train of thought, and silently hovered above all of the chaos below her. Maybe it was a sign. Both defeats of their infamous trio of sirens. First by that ancient tombstone of a pony with a white beard, Star Swirl the Bearded was it? And the other by Sunset Shimmer and the Raingoons, or Rainbooms whatever. It could have been a sign. All they'd ever wanted to do was collect energy and be adored by everyone around them. Yet is this what she really wanted? Adagio's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of loud crunching coming from a certain air-headed siren.

"MMM, this taco is SOO good! But it would taste better with some meat and salt on it," Sonata said.

Aria cringed at the word 'meat,' she still hadn't gotten used to it after being a siren all her life. The thought of eating meat seemed like mass genocide to her. Yet this stupid idiot was willing to eat her own kind.

"What? Don't tell me you're still holding on to that veggie fetish? Meat is delicous!" said a smirking Sonata.

"Shut up!"

Adagio groaned and went back to surveying her realm and thinking on the topic that had been gnawing at her brain since they had taken control of Equestria once more. Maybe it was a sign that the sirens were weak, that they could be defeated multiple times, and needed to stop their attacks or else something more serious than breaking their connection to magic or even banishment would happen. Her pride was too strong to admit it, but she felt afraid of how they would be defeated this time if anyone of power were to find out their hiding place. She put a shaking hoof to her pendant, that had once been a separate object from her body, was now permanently intwined with her skin so it could not be broken. A bright yellow gem that matched the color of her body, that glowed beautifully as negative energy was pouring into it. So, after all these fears, why did she still persist on collecting negative energy? After all these failed attempts and brutal defeats, why was she and her fellow sirens still so persistent on being adored? Further more, why had they followed her in all of her failed schemes, can't they see how many times she's failed them? Being adored was something that she always loved, being cheered on and applauded by people and ponies of much lower status than her. It fulfilled her ego and pride with something that made her feel important and loved in the world. Yet, even if she had conquered the world here in Equestria, nobody adored her. They feared her, cowered beneath her power, and fought amongst themselves. It was not real adoration, not pure adoration, but forced. Adoration was forced out of them, out of their fear, and only whilst they were singing their beautiful songs. She felt unimportant, like some stupid villain, just wanting to conquer the world for absolutely no particular reason. She needed to know the reason why she kept trying, again and again, after so many defeats and pointless attempts. She could live with being banished, but not with breaking her pendants. After the Rainbooms crushed their pendants, she felt a searing pain in her chest, not the kind of physical pain you would feel, but emotional. She looked at Aria and Sonata's face as they were being defeated before, and could see they were going through something extremely similar. The shock on their faces, it pained her to see it. It felt as if a part of her had vanished, like they had literally broken her heart. The few weeks that had followed before she found Sunset's book were filled with searing anger, hatred, and most of all, hunger. She felt an empty feeling in her stomach, a feeling of defeat, and she knew her fellow sirens could feel it too. The simple task of keeping them all on their feet had become an almost unmanageable challenge, with each day becoming colder and less forgiving. So, why did she keep on fighting? Why did even after she conquered Equestria once more did she feel like this? And then it hit her. She looked over at her two fellow sirens, Aria rolling her eyes with her usual annoyed attitude and Sonata, playing in the ocean with bits of taco flying out of her mouth. She knew why she had come this far, not giving up after many failed times. Without warning, she caught the other sirens by surprise with a bone crushing hug. The embrace opened her eyes. She knew now. She had been doing it for them. For her friends, her fellow sirens, she wanted to make them happy and prove that she was a good leader. She wanted to have a chance at making everything around them theirs, because it would fulfill their natural need to be sirens. They were born these creatures, and it was in their nature to cause and absorb negative energy. She had been doing it all for them. After seeing their frightened and defeated faces the night of their defeat, she knew that she couldn't fail them again.

"A-Adagio, my.. spleen..crushing....me.." stuttered Aria.

"Oh, um, sorry," Adagio replied.

"Yay! Group siren hug!" said Sonata as she grabbed both Adagio and Aria and gave them a bone crushing embrace.
Both sirens returned the embrace and looked perfectly content, even Aria. Adagio broke free after a while and glanced over the destruction, a wicked smirk etched across her face, like the time she saw signs of Equestrian magic in the human world. Then signaled her fellow sirens as they sung one of their most enchanting songs as waves of sound vibrating from their voices swept the ponies of Equestria deeper under their spell.

Author's Note:

Here is a quick little write for ya! :raritywink: Probably too long of a wait heheh :twilightblush: Anyway, I was thinking of writing a fluttercord story, any ideas? :rainbowkiss:

Comments ( 5 )

Good sequel. But I was expecting more of a post apocalyptic Equestria and Sunset Shimmer defeating the Dazzlings. But otherwise, great sequel!.

5638294 I know it was a short little write, but i didnt say it was the only sequel :raritywink:

5638600 Well, good luck. Also, for a flutter cord story, you should do Discord apologizing to Fluttershy for the events in Twilight's Kingdom.

Login or register to comment