• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 9,072 Views, 579 Comments

Sentinels of Equestria - Lightning Spear



(A CoD: A.W. crossover) A year had passed after New Baghdad, a team of Sentinel Task Force operatives led by Gideon and Jack Mitchell are stranded in Equestria, where they must work alongside the Equestrians to prevent the birth of war.

  • ...
28
 579
 9,072

Theseus

Ponyville, Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle. Moments after Twilight's transmission was cut off

Twilight slowly regained her consciousness, with throbbing pain throughout her body. As her eyes opened slowly, she could see the details of the room she was in; the throne room itself....in a complete chaos. One by one, the bearers of the elements were forcefully shoved to their respective seats; Applejack, Fluttershy, and Spike had been knocked out cold and were shoved unceremoniously to their seats before being bound as well. The Royal Guards have either been captured or severely injured by the minotaurs; no match for their uncontrollable rampage. Even for the bearers themselves, despite having Twilight-an alicorn, on their disposal; rarely used her magic for combat and with black powder on the minotaurs' disposal didn't make things any better.

"Let me go you bucker!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she tried to escape a hulking minotaur brute, bounding her to her own seat, and delivering a powerful punch to her face, dissorienting her and causing blood to bled profusely from her nose.

Rainbow spat some blood from her mouth "That all you got you bucking COW?!" She taunted, receiving another punch to the face.

"Don't hurt her!" Twilight yelled on the top of her lungs while squirming fiercely in hopes of escaping the tight binds of the ropes binding her to her own throne despite the immense pain raking her body, but a powerful jab smashed her ribcage; breaking a few of her ribs.

"Twilight!" Rarity yelled as her friend screamed in agony "You will pay for this you ruffian!"

"Be quiet!" Iron Will gave her a punch to the face before walking towards Twilight with audible thumping as he took each step towards the injured purple alicorn.

"For the last time..." He spoke with a menacing tone "hand over your crown, or..." He raised his greatsword to her neck "I will cut your throat in front of your subjects and take the crown from your cold, dead body."

"For the last time..." Twilight coughed "I will NOT give you my crown!" She yelled "Don't you see? This is an element of harmony! If it falls to the wrong hoofs, it could upset Equestria's balance!"

"Wrong answer" with that, Iron Will dragged the lavender alicorn by the mane and started dragging her to a balcony with screams echoing from her friends. Down below, the citizens of Ponyville were being rounded up from their homes forcefully by Iron Will's thugs and to the castle's courtyard; many of them were bruised badly, presumably being battered by the minotaurs. They witnessed one of their Princesses dangling helplessly from Iron Will's hand with his greatsword placed on her neck ready to end Twilight's life.

"Citizens of Ponyville!" He boomed whilst scanning the crowd of ponies below; fear and desperation visible in their eyes. "Your Princess refused to give what we wanted." He said while pressing his blade on the surface of Twilight's soft, unprotected, lavender coat; drawing a bit of blood. "Now..." He raised his greatsword high to the sky "bathe in her blood."

But before Iron Will could even move his arm, a loud bang followed by a trail of orange-bluish energy impacted his greatsword with a blistering speed and power; blowing the greatsword to smithereens and moderately scorching his palm. Iron Will screamed in pain and clutched his injured hand with the other, dropping Twilight in the process. The crowd also gasped in both shock and awe.

"WHO DID THAT?!" He bellowed angrily. As he screamed, buzzing noises could be heard approaching their locations; yet nothing was seen on the afternoon sky, just the noises getting closer and closer accompanied with gushes of wind; kicking up dust and dirt in the area. The angered minotaur kept scanning the area; unaware Twilight had flashed him a sly smile.


On the attic of an abandoned house overlooking the castle, Ilona just took her shot at the minotaur's greatsword. Satisfied by her unflinching accuracy.

"Target hit" Ilona spoke through her comms as she loaded another round into her MORS sniper rifle. "Gideon, you are up."

"Good hit Ilona, if anything goes wrong you are cleared to engage. Gideon, out." with that, he turned to his team while also turning on his comms so Aegis team,could hear him as well; taking a Razorback and a Warbird with them. Phantom and Hunter had agreed to stay in Canterlot in case something happen there, but were also ready to back them up in mere minutes if needed. Shining Armor and Silent Wing had also came with them; fully clad in their battle armor and wielding a sword and a spear respectively.

"Everyone seeing this?" he began as he displayed a holographic layout of the castle using one of his Warbird's computers; with Aegis receiving the same view on their computer. "We are inserting on the main courtyard then we'll push straight to the castle, our VTOLs' going to provide air support if necessary and this shit ends in the throne room." as he explained, holographic markers marked their objectives.

"We are going to play this cool, this is our first appearance to the public. Stay diplomatic but if shit goes down we are permitted to use force against them." Mitchell added while loading his IMR; getting nods of approval from Shining Armor and Silent Wing "There are civilians down there, so watch your fire, I repeat watch your fire!"

"Any questions?" Mitchell asked, receiving 'no sir's in return.

"Get in your positions!" Gideon barked.

With that, the pilots disengaged their VTOLs' stealth and opened the doors; revealing their true forms hovering above the courtyard, startling both ponies and minotaurs alike as two large flying metallic creatures appeared out of thin air.

Gideon, Mitchell, Joker, and Ramirez quickly grabbed their zipline launchers and shot their ziplines ; descending rapidly to the ground, Silent Wing glided elegantly, Shining Armor teleported, followed suit by Aegis team using their land-assist to control their landings. As soon as they touched the ground, they knelt on one knee, aiming their assault rifles at the minotaurs; ready to blow their brains out if necessary.

The minotaurs were greatly intimidated by the new-comers, although they were at least one meter taller than them and way bulkier. Seeing how fast and coordinated these creatures were, the minotaurs assumed that they were dealing with elite soldiers; which of course, were correct. On the other hand, the ponies somehow felt they were saved by the creatures before them; feeling no harmful intentions from them and they were much more relieved upon seeing Silent Wing and Shining Armor with them; confirming the creatures were on their side.

"WHO IN THE BUCK'S NAME ARE YOU??!!" Iron Will bellowed from the balcony. Shattering the silence between them.

"This is Major Gideon of the Sentinel Task Force" Gideon responded boldly "Under the command of Princess Celestia, you are to leave and never return again or we are going to use force against you."

Iron Will and his thugs boomed with laughter "You are joking, right?" he laughed again "Since when Celestia employed hairless mutant apes such as you?" he asked mockingly "and what will the charges be?"

"For being criminals, harming civilians and royal guards, assault, attempting to steal an Element of Harmony ,but the worst of all..." Shining said while keeping his emotion in check so he won't throw his spear to the minotaur's face. "ATTEMPTING TO KILL A PRINCESS!" He boomed.

"Go and buck yourselves!" Iron Will mocked.

The Sentinels ignored the insult "Surrender now, and none of us will have to harm each other." Gideon said, without taking his eyes off from his customized HBRa3 hybrid sight.

A minotaur brute walked towards the crowd, dragging a brown unicorn stallion away from the crowd with mares and foals screaming hysterically. He slammed the unicorn the ground and placed his feet on the unicorn's torso while drawing a large mace from his back, ready to crush the stallion's head. The Stallion tried to fight back, only to receive a hard stomp on his ribcage, causing him to scream in pain.

"Gideon!" Silent Wing exclaimed "We have to do something!"

"Wait...wait..."Gideon whispered on his comms.

"THIS IS OUR MESSAGE FOR THE PRINCESSES!" the minotaur roared,swinging his mace down.

"Ilona take the shot!"

In split second, the same trail of energy from before impacted the minotaurs mace; again, shattering it to pieces.

"If you don't want to end up like that mace" Mitchell said coldly "this is your final chance to walk away."

"ATTACK!" Iron Will roared without even thinking about the possibility that his entire gang could be killed in mere seconds if they attack first head. With that, 20 angry minotaurs charged at them with weapons brandished forward. Ready to cleave the Sentinels.

"Use your sonics then shoot their legs!" Gideon ordered before turning to Silent Wing and Shining Armor. "You might want to cover your ears." He warned them. Although not sure what that really meant, they complied nevertheless.

With that; loud,high-pitched, vibrating waves of sonic pulse filled every single ear canal on the courtyard. The rampaging pack of minotaurs were instantly incapacitated; hands holding their heads, due to their coordination and hearing systems being scrambled. After being incapacitated, a barrage of bullets impacted their legs; causing searing pain and preventing further rampage. Seeing how easily the Sentinels were capable of taking down his thugs that were so powerful moments ago, Iron Will bolted back to the throne room; dragging an injured Twilight with him.

"Aegis, stay here and tend to the civilians. If these bulls so much move an inch you put a bullet in their brains you got me? same goes for you pilots." Gideon ordered.

"Yes sir!" Aegis team and the pilots replied in unison. With that, they formed a defensive perimeter while also keeping watch for the minotaurs, in case they try something funny. The pilots lowered their aircrafts' altitudes so Aegis can fetch some medical supplies for the civilians.

"Lets go, we are moving to the throne room!" the four aimed their grappling hooks at the balcony; and at the speed of a bullet their grappling hooks latched to the balcony's ledge and the four sped towards the balcony followed suit by Silent Wing and Shining Armor; only to witness Iron Will and two hulking minotaurs holding Twilight and five other mares, and a small purple dragon hostage.

"Stand back or I will kill them! I swear to my ancestors!" Iron Will threatened fiercely; but fear was visible in his eyes. The Sentinels and the two royal guards said nothing whilst advancing slowly with their weapons pointed forward. Seeing this, Iron Will motioned for his two bodyguards to attack; only to have two bullets piercing their skulls respectively during their mad-stampede towards the Sentinels.

"Just give up Iron Will." Gideon said as he stepped forward "don't make this hard."

""Hard? Hard?"he laughed a manic kind of laugh like you hear from an insane villain in the movies while also tightening his choke on Twilight's neck; unable to fight back anymore due to the injuries she suffered from. "A minotaur will never stop, I will be damned if I do so."

"So, that justifies hurting others? hurting innocents?"

"If that is a must then it shall be done."

"You are insane."

"He is in my scope, say the word, and I am popping his head off." Ilona whispered on Gideon's comms

"Negative" he whispered back "we need him alive if we can."

Iron Will shifted his gaze from his hostages and the Sentinels, his face was plastered with desperation and madness. He realized he was defeated, but he would never bow to his enemies.

"We can make this work, Iron Will. Just come with us" Gideon said, trying diplomacy one more time...

"No, no! You don't know what they know. What they'd do to me. I can't trust you!" it didn't work.

"Don't do anything stupid." Gideon lowered his gun slightly and held up his hand. "We can make this work."

"How can I trust you? I can't trust any living creatures here. Not the griffons.Not the ponies. And certainly NOT you creatures!" he shouted as he drew a smallsword from a scabbard on his hip and putting in on Twilight's neck.

"Don't make this hard on yourself, Iron Will. Just turn yourself in."

"No! you won't take me! You will never take me! You Murderers! All shall start with the blood of this alicorn whorse!" Iron Will screamed as he swung his sword to Twilight's neck.

Followed by a single gunshot echoing throughout the throne room.

Author's Note:

Well...maybe not as blazing and uneducated as you expected:twilightsheepish:

I think Iron Will's name is very similar to Mitchell's late best friend Will Irons (mind-blown!):pinkiegasp:

The next chapter's underway and will be up as soon as possible!:pinkiehappy:

That's all from me for now, and tell me your thoughts!:twilightsmile: