• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 9,027 Views, 579 Comments

Sentinels of Equestria - Lightning Spear



(A CoD: A.W. crossover) A year had passed after New Baghdad, a team of Sentinel Task Force operatives led by Gideon and Jack Mitchell are stranded in Equestria, where they must work alongside the Equestrians to prevent the birth of war.

  • ...
28
 579
 9,027

The Rescue

Apex's First Person P.O.V

"Squad do you copy?" I asked over my radio for God knows how many times already. And yet...

*static*

I wonder how many hours has passed since my awakening and walking through this seemingly endless large-ass forest, with no signs of my squad or any form of civilization. And a severe-ass headache didn't make things any better.

But at least no ATLAS either.

As I continued my trek through the massive forest, I felt countless eyes watching my footsteps.

'Predators...' I thought as I continued my journey.

'But I am the Apex predator.' I smirked as I knew I could handle everything that this forest could throw at me. Especially with my ammo and supplies completely stocked; a stroll through the forest.

During the journey, I couldn't help but to think as a lot of questions started brewing inside of my mind.

When suddenly they all hit me like a bullet train, the events that led me here...

"Fucking traitors..." I thought as I clenched my fist.

Then, I decided to try again. This time, I switched my radio channel from my squad's to the global Sentinel comms network.

"To all Sentinels in the area, please respond; over?"

*static*

I was about to mow down every tree in my sights with my LMG/Shotgun hybrid when suddenly my brain told me something I should have done like hours before.

I strapped my Werewolf on my exo's magnetic holster,aimed my grappling hook at the top of a tall tree and fired it. Once I got to the top of the tree, I tried again.

"To all Sentinels in the area, please respond; over?"


Sentinel Task Force Team's P.O.V

"Major Gideon, I trust you and your team can handle things perfectly around here." Gleaming Shield said as he, Princesses Luna and Celestia, and the rest of his comrades were being escorted out from the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom castle by the Sentinels, the guards, and the Main Six as they were returning to Canterlot.

"Don't worry sir, this is what we do after all." Gideon said confidently.

"Well, if you need us...contact us through the tablets we gave you." Mitchell added.

"And we will be right there in a flash." Joker added.

"It's good to know you and the guards will watch our backs." Iron Sword said as he got up to one of the three royal chariots on the courtyard.

"To all Sentinels in the area, please respond; over?" a masculine voice echoed in every Sentinel comms in the area.

"Identify yourself, over." Gideon said sternly.

"This is Lieutenant Commander Marcus Antonio Solis, call sign Apex." Apex replied "To whom am I speaking?"

"Major Gideon."

"Oh well, I'll be damned." Apex replied with an excited tone "Listen Major, we have a lot to talk about; but first, can you pick me up? I am a little lost here."

"Where is your location? over?"

"I am at a huge ass forest and--"

When suddenly, a large explosion interrupted the conversation. Followed by a monstrous roar.

"OH SH*static* I *static* go! *static*"

"Boss we lost the signal." Joker said.

"Well find and triangulate his position damn it! this guy is one of us and I'll be damned if he is dead!" Gideon barked.

"Hold on, did your friend mention his location?" Lone asked.

"Huge forest, you know where to find a forest like that?" Mitchell said.

"Oh, we all know exactly where that forest is." Lightning said.


Apex's First Person P.O.V

So here I was, having a nice conversation with the guy I was supposed to find; when suddenly a huge fireball streaked through my side, missing me by only mere inches before it hit the ground and exploded, kicking a shit ton of dirt and dust to the air.

I could still felt the searing heat on my body despite the fact that the fireball was gone, wondering what could have shot such a fireball, I quickly turned around and saw a massive green-scaled, two-horned dragon flying towards me with it's mouth wide open. Exposing it's combat knife sized fangs.

I was expecting a heavily modified ATLAS Warbird or a Titan Tank or something else, but a fucking dragon? Man I must be high as fuck.

The Dragon charged another fireball from it's mouth and shot it directly at my position, knowing I will be turned into a well-done human barbecue; I took a leap of faith.

"OH SHIT I GOTTA GO!" I yelled at my comms before jumping down the tree and using a burst of my land assist to control my fall. Only mere seconds after I jumped, the fireball impacted the tree, sending splinters of charred wood everywhere and setting the tree on fire.

Once I touched the ground, I immediately sprinted through the thick trees; luckily the thick forest canopy also provided aerial cover so the dragon won't have an easy meal.

As I sprinted past the dense vegetation, dodging various obstacles and evading the dragon's fireball; I realized the otherworldly elements of the forest. I saw a pack of wolves seemingly made of wood and glowing tree sap trying to escape the black dragon only to be incinerated while trying to do so.

I didn't have the time to unload my Werewolf into that dragon; because for a dragon, this one got the aim and accuracy of a sniper. It's fireballs only missed me because I was lucky enough not to get hit, leaving fiery trail on its wake.

But my luck nearly ran out when a fireball exploded by my side, sending me flying and hitting a tree with my back before falling back to the ground with a dull thud.

Before I could recover, the dragon landed in front of me. Placing one of its claws on top of me, I could feel some of my ribs cracking due to the intense pressure.

Looking at me like its next meal.

"You will make a fine meal, hairless ape." The dragon chuckled in a heavy menacing dark toned voice.

The word 'Mindblown' would be an understatement. Seeing a real life dragon was and still is something unimaginable, but a real life talking dragon?! Jesus H Christ.

Suddenly, the dragon's red eyes started glowing and I was levitated to the air. I tried to reach my exo wrist pad to activate my sonics but I wasn't able to move my body in the dragon's telekinesis grip.

The dragon brought me face to face with it before opening it's mouth with smoke fumes coming out from it. My suit's AI immediately auto-scanned the smoke; apparently; the fumes mostly consisted of huge amounts of hydrogen and methane, extremely combustible gases. The AI immediately activated my helmet's air filter/gas mask, so thankfully the gases won't get into my respiratory system.

Although that should be the least of my worries now.

"Any last words?" The dragon said sarcastically.

"Heh, I am sure your breath smells very nice." I retorted as I stared at the dragon's eyes. Unflinching.

But before me or the dragon could do anything, familiar hums of a Razorback's jet engines approached. The humming of the engines were soon replaced by the humming of the Razorback's rotary auto-cannons which impacted the dragon's back, tearing off it's scales, and punching through its flesh.

The dragon roared in pain and maybe due to the immense pain, the dragon dropped me and flew away; leaving a red bloody trail on the ground and trees.

Seconds later, the Razorback landed on a nearby field and four Sentinel operatives jumped off from the VTOL. Two of them formed a defensive perimeter while the other two rushed to my position.

"I've got you mate, I've got you." A familiar voice greeted my ears. Although I can't see any of the operatives' faces because they were all concealed by their helmets, I knew who that was.

"Major Gideon." I said as he and one of his men helped me up from the ground, carrying me with them.

"Welcome to Equestria! we are gonna get you out of here!" The Sentinel operative beside me spoke up as the two carried me back to the VTOL.

"All set?" One of the guarding operative asked.

"All set." The Sentinel operative beside me replied as the two followed us inside the VTOL.

As the two set me down on the VTOL's seats, I was greeted by another peculiar sight. There were two...armored Unicorn pony stallions on board.

One has a short, spiky, electric yellow mane and tail with a dark yellow outline. Proportionally muscled, blue eyes, and what seemed to be a spear imbued with lightning on its...flank. Armed with a spear and longsword.

While the other one has a black tail, and coat with red as a secondary and hints of orange in mane and tail, red eyes, also proportionally muscled and what seemed to be crossed white and orange katana swords over a red octagon on its flank. Armed with dual katana swords.

"Ilona, Apex secured; we are RTB." The Major said over the VTOL's comms.

"Copy that." Ilona's voice replied. With that, the VTOL's sliding doors closed and we took off.

Then, Gideon returned from the cockpit and all operatives opened their helmets. Revealing familiar faces. Captain Jack Mitchell; the one who helped Major Gideon to carry me, Lieutenant Joker; the ATLAS defector, and Sergeant Grant "Bolt" Hatch; the sniper.

"Even the legendary former Spetsnaz sniper is here, I think I found the guys Kingpin asked us to find..." I thought as I adjusted my position, only resulting of the searing pain from my injuries to course through my body.

"Are you alright Lieutenant Commander?" Major Gideon asked while inspecting me for injuries. "Several broken ribs, and fractures."

"P-please, call me Marcus." I replied with a smile.

"Just call me Gideon." he replied with a smile as he offered his hand; which I gladly shook "Marcus, this is Captain--"

"Jack Mitchell." I said spontaneously "That over there is Lieutenant Joker, and Sergeant Grant "Bolt" Hatch."

"How do you know about us?" Sergeant Grant "Bolt" Hatch asked.

"That's part of why I am here, sergeant." I replied.

"Dude, forget the ranks just call us by our names." Joker said.

"Alright, but mind telling me who these two are?" I asked while pointing towards the two unicorns.

Before anybody could react, a heavy turbulence shook the VTOL violently.

"Oh SHIT! dragon's back!" The pilot exclaimed as he dodged another fireball from the dragon.

"Dragons won't back down from a hunt unless it sees it's prey dead." The katana wielding unicorn spoke up "Or the other way around."

" I can deal with this." The other unicorn said with great certainty.

A talking dragon and now talking unicorns? man I must have lost my sanity.

"Open the doors!" the unicorn yelled.

"Are you fucking insane?! that thing will kill us!" the pilot yelled back.

"If you let that dragon chase us into Ponyville there will be more casualties." the katana wielding unicorn retorted.

"Trust me! I can stop this thing here and now!" The yellow unicorn yelled.

"Open it!" Gideon said, as soon as he said that the sliding doors slide open; giving a perfect view of the approaching dragon.

" I hope you are right Lightning." Mitchell said while pointing his IMR at the dragon.

"Lightning huh? Nice name." I thought.

"Align us with that dragon!" Lightning said again. The pilot complied, and aligned us into broadside firing trajectory. With that Lightning stood up from his seat and stood near the opened door "You guys might want to back off a bit."

The dragon once again charged a massive fireball from it's mouth; ready to blow us to kingdom come.

Suddenly, Lightning conjured a large spear which seemed to be made of lightning from his horn. He focused his sights on the dragon, and fired the lightning spear from his horn at blistering speed; the lightning spear went through the dragons mouth, the massive dragon exploded into pieces of charred flesh raining down from the sky into the forest below for the scavengers to eat.

Threat terminated, we were once again speeding to Gideon's base of operations; this...Ponyville.

"Holly Shit!" Joker exclaimed "That was fucking awesome! How did you do that?!"

"Thanks, see this cutie mark? that's how. How did I get it? long story." Lightning replied.

"Now I can see why you are named Lightning Spear." Gideon said with astonishment.

"But you should see Lone Shadow when you have the chance." Lightning said while giving the katana wielding unicorn a bro-fist...or bro-hoof maybe?

"Two names acquired, Lightning Spear and Lone Shadow." I thought.

"Now lets see those wounds." Gideon said.

I opened my exo suit before removing my body armor and the rest of my torso-latched tactical gear. Leaving me bare-chested.

"Oh shit." Bolt said as he inspected my wounds "Looks like that dragon really wrecked you up."

"Oh no shit." I grunted as he checked on my rib-cage.

"Don't worry I got you covered." Lightning said as he walked up to me "Now be still."

Suddenly his horn glowed with an electric yellow aura. I assume it was magic because, you know...magical creatures.As the same aura engulfed my body, I felt ticklish sensation but also a far lesser amount of pain. Five minutes later, he was done. I observed my body, and with great surprise; saw all of my bruises and cuts completely gone, save for the pain in my rib-cage although the pain itself was greatly reduced.

"Okay that should do it." he said while wiping off beads of sweat from his forehead. "Do you have any bandage?"

"Sure." Bolt said while tossing Lightning a a first aid bandage from his tactical vest. Lightning caught it with his magic and swiftly opened the bandage's wrapping. He unfurled the bandage and wrapped it around my rib-cage.

"Aaand we are done." He said "You are good, but you should rest for at least three weeks before performing any heavy physical things."

"Remind me to buy you a drink man." I said while giving a pat on his shoulder before putting my gear back on.

"Oh you better have a lot of bits my friend, as a royal guard I am quite a strong drinker." Lightning chuckled before sitting back down on his seat.

"Thank you guys, for coming to get me." I said " Thought I was done for."

"We don't leave anyone behind." Gideon said with a smile.

"By the way, what's up with that piece on your back? I know the RW1, but I never seen anything like it before." Joker asked.

"This baby is experimental." I said "I will explain everything after we get back to..."

"Ponyville." Lone replied.

"Okay, thanks." I said, honestly I didn't expect him to answer.

Shortly, we entered the airspace of a small peaceful town. I looked out from the opened sliding doors and observed the town from bird's eye view.

The town has a medieval European architecture as the houses and buildings were designed in a similar manner and made out of wood with straw roofs.

Along the way I also noticed a windmill and a large building in the center of the town; probably the town hall.

I also noticed that the streets were filled with ponies, doing their daily activities. There were regular ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi; thank God I remembered my childhood bedtime stories. Most of them smiled and waved at us, while some just stared with a look of disbelief on their faces.

I waved back before turning to the rest of my new allies.

"Yo Marcus." Joker said before tossing me a canteen which I caught "Take a sip man, it's water. Unfortunately. You look like you need to drink."

I unscrewed the bottle cap and drank half of it's content. I thanked him, and returned the canteen.

"Guys, is that where we are heading?" I asked while pointing at a crystal tree-like castle which seemed to grow bigger as we fly closer.

Gideon chuckled "Son, welcome to the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle."

I was speechless by the time I laid my eyes on the castle and its surrounding scenery, I never saw anything so beautiful and magnificent back on Earth.

"Heh, you should see your own face." the pilot commented while setting down the Razorback beside another Razorback and two Warbirds on a large field nearby from what I assumed; the barracks.

As we landed, at least a platoon of Sentinels and royal guards converged near the landing zone.

"Thank you for flying with Equestrian Airlines." the pilot said while turning off the engines and stepping out of the cockpit.

"Dude, I never got your name." I said to the pilot.

"Reeves, Sergeant John Reeves." he said while offering his hand which I gladly shook.

I stood up from my seat with Bolt's help since I was freshly treated from my injuries; plus, my cracked ribs won't do me any good.

Suddenly, the crowd formed a parallel line as if opening a way for someone important. And sure enough, two tall female alicorn ponies walked towards us.

One has a pristine white coat, and a multicolored mane similar to that of a rainbow which swayed majestically in the air despite for the lack of wind or any gush of air in the field. She also has a Sun marking in her flank.

While the other one has a dark blue coat, and a dark blue starry mane; resembling the moonlit night sky itself which also swayed majestically in the air. She also has a Crescent Moon marking in her flank.

For the record, they were the largest of these ponies I've seen so far; in fact, the white one stood as high as me, while the dark blue one standing as high as my chest.

They were all wearing crowns and other royal regalia, which led to my conclusion that they are royalty of some sort.

"Guys, who are they?" I whispered.

"Those are Princesses Celestia and Luna." Lone replied "The white one is Princess Celestia, the dark blue one is Princess Luna."

"Welcome back Sentinels." Princess Celestia greeted us, as we saluted her "I am glad to see all of you save and sound."

"Actually if it wasn't for Lightning, we won't be here right now." Gideon said.

"Oh come on, it was nothing." Lightning replied with a chuckle.

"Ah, you must be the one that contacted us." Princess Luna said. "Are you alright?"

"Just some cracked rib cage, other than that; yes ma'am I am alright." I confirmed confidently "I am Lieutenant Commander Marcus Antonio Solis. But I also go by my call sign 'Apex'. It's an honor Your Majesties. But please, outside of formal situations; just call me Marcus."

"The honor is ours, Marcus. Assuming this is an informal situation." Celestia replied with a smile.

"It is ma'am, outside of missions and special events; everything is informal for me." I replied with a smile "But I also have an urgent matter to speak of."

"Come, lets get inside." Celestia said while gesturing towards the castle.

"Lead the way Princess." I said.


"So, Marcus. Right?" James Grayson said while holstering his custom HBRa3 as the group entered the throne room and Twilight sat on the throne with the princesses by her side; and of course her friends also sat on their respective chairs. Remembering the convention room was out of service what better place could there be than a throne room? "How are you holding up?"

"I am fine, but having a dragon on top of you is really something to experience." Marcus said with a shit eating grin.

"Man you nasty, Ah'm James Grayson by the way." James said while holding out his hand; which Marcus shook. "Nice ta meet ya, partner."

"Nice piece by the way." John Markusen said while gesturing at Marcus' holstered RW1.

"Which one? mine or his?" James said while also flashing his M1 Irons single-action revolver.

"Whoa, would you look at that! Mind if I hold your piece?" Marcus asked, but before either of them could react...

"Guys, you know that sounds homosexual right?" Lightning interrupted with a shit eating grin.

As he said that, the group erupted into a full-scale laughter. Even the princesses themselves.

"Lightning!" Twilight said with an embarrassed tone; face palming.

"Sorry, Twi; I am sorry please, continue." Lightning said while wiping off tears from his face

"Now Marcus." Twilight said "What is it that you want to talk about?"

"Oh how do I explain this..." Marcus sighed. "Hold on, you unicorns are good at magic; right?"

"We do, darling." Rarity said "What do you want us to do?"

"Um, do you have some sort of memory projecting spell or something like that?" Marcus asked.

"Well, technically yes." Rarity replied.

"Alright then, who is willing to be the projectionist?" Marcus asked.

"I do." Lone said.

"But before I start, I should warn about the scene you are about to watch; is not for the weak stomached. If any of you want out, now is the time." Marcus said. The room fell silent as nobody and nopony reacted to Marcus' statement.

"You sure?" Marcus asked one last time, with that he nodded towards Lone who stepped towards Marcus. "Alright, so how do we do this?"

"Easy, just think of what you want to show us." Lone said.

"Okay, hey is it gonna hurt?" Marcus asked.

"Only if you resist, just think of good and fun stuffs." Lone said with a small smile.

"Unfortunately, I can't." Marcus thought.

With that, Marcus sat on the floor with his legs crossed and Lone put his horn to Marcus' forehead; projecting his memory for all to see.

Author's Note:

And that's how you do it !:yay:

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait as I had to leave for vacation; but I am back now :pinkiehappy:

So...that's all from me for now guys. Leave a like by pressing that thumbs up and that star button if you enjoy this story so far:pinkiehappy: and I am looking forward to hear from you guys on the comments below:raritywink:

Well, as I have nothing more to say...I better get back to typing! :twilightblush: