• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 8,987 Views, 579 Comments

Sentinels of Equestria - Lightning Spear



(A CoD: A.W. crossover) A year had passed after New Baghdad, a team of Sentinel Task Force operatives led by Gideon and Jack Mitchell are stranded in Equestria, where they must work alongside the Equestrians to prevent the birth of war.

  • ...
28
 579
 8,987

Adventure Time!

After Marcus' memory sequence ended, the whole room fell silent. Neither the Humans nor the Ponies uttered a single word, until...

"That, was the bravest and the coolest thing I've ever seen in my whole life." Rainbow said out loud. Then she began clapping her hooves which were followed by a salvo of applause which permeated on the throne room.

Even Fluttershy managed to break free from her restraint of fear and clapped with the rest of the throne room's occupants.

Marcus unexpectedly bowed to them as if he just performed a grand orchestra on the Opera House.

"I always protect my family, whatever the cost." Marcus said solemnly as the applause died down.

"I think I speak for everyone when I say: thank you Marcus, for coming to get us." Ilona smiled as she offered her hand which Marcus gladly shook.

"It's nothing ma'am, really." he replied with a smile.

"Lucky prick." Sergeant Grant "Bolt" Hatch mused to himself, but he quickly shook his scornful thoughts away.

"But look at the bright side, you didn't end up in Hell where Satan himself would attack your ass- *OW!* why did you do that?!" Joker yelled as Gideon slapped the back of his head "I am just joking around you know." he smiled sheepishly as he realized the answer for his question.

"We are sorry Twilight, please...continue." Gideon said as he fell back in line.

The Princesses smiled and Twilight looked outside of the balcony and realized that it was already at dusk.

"Wow, look at the time! Say, how about dinner?" Twilight suggested.

The humans realized they have not eaten anything since morning and tummies started rumbling in the throne room.

"Yes, that would be awesome. Lead the way Princess." Mitchell smiled.


"Oh. My. God! That was the best meal I've ever had!" Marcus commented as the waiters took away the last plate in the royal dining room. With that, subtle burps filled the whole chamber.

"All of you must be really hungry." Celestia chuckled before sipping the last drip of red wine from her cup. Their meals was mostly vegetarian, although eggs were also available. Twilight had ordered the chefs to cook a lot fish for the humans because she knew that a sudden change the humans' diets could have a bad effect for them.

"Oh we are as hungry as horses!" Joker exclaimed. The ponies frowned upon hearing this. "What did I do?" he asked.

"That was kinda rude you know." Lightning said, but Joker gave him a questioning look "You know the horse part? Horses are our lesser evolved kin which- well, you get the idea." Lightning explained.

"Oh...I see. Well, I am sorry." Joker apologized.

"That's okay, you didn't even know that darling." Rarity said "But, it does sound like an idiom. Is it an idiom?"

"Yes, ma'am." Joker confirmed "It means, to be very hungry." With that, the ponies expressed their acknowledgements.

"Speaking of which, where did you get the fishes? I thought ponies are supposed to be vegetarians." Marcus said.

"Well, we are vegetarians Marcus. But we are not the only sentient beings in Equestria you know." Twilight said "The fishes you just ate are from the coastal regions of Manehattan."

"Sounds like Manhattan to me." Marcus said.

"Yeah, parallelism and all that shit." John Markusen commented.

"Ookay..." Marcus said as he did not know what to say anymore "So, where are we crashing tonight?" He asked.

"Well, since the barracks are still unusable; you are sleeping in the castle." Twilight smiled. Then they began to discuss about where they will be sleeping; Ilona requested a private chamber because she can't withstand the snores of Gideon and Mitchell, which she was immediately given, the shift guard hours, and of course good warm baths for everybody; as suggested by Rarity, which they gladly accepted.

After that, they left the dining hall.


"Gideon, I trust you and your team could handle things perfectly." Celestia said a they once again escorted her out of the castle as she and Luna were returning to Canterlot.

"Of course, princess. You can count on us." Gideon replied as the Princesses Luna and Celestia boarded their charriot.

"Captains Lightning Spear and Lone Shadow, I am granting you command over Ponyville Royal Guard garrison. Coordinate with the Sentinels accordingly if something happens." Celestia declared.

"Of course, Princess Celestia. We won't let you down." Lightning and Lone saluted. As they did this, Celestia subtly but seductively winked at Lightning which made him slightly unnerved but also surprised.

"If that's all, we must take our leave. We shall see you later." Luna said "I will also watch over you through the night." She said before looking towards Lone before smiling at him, which he returned.

"Thank you Your Majesties, for everything." Marcus said respectfully. The Princesses nodded and with a nod, the Pegasi guards pulled the charriot away and headed straight to the Canterlot Castle in the distance.

"And that was that." Twilight said "As we have nothing to do tomorrow, how about a tour in Ponyville?"

"Good idea, Twi. Ah'm sure the rest of our friends would love to see them." Applejack said "Besides, Ah'm sure they would like to know more about their new home."

"Good point, Applejack." Rarity replied "I have to check on Sweetiebelle too."

"U-um I am sure my animal friends are very hungry too." Fluttershy said "I-I think we should c-check our homes, if that's okay of course." She said.

"That settles it then." Gideon said "Tomorrow, we are going to Ponyville." He declared.

"But tonight, we still have work to do." Mitchell said "Remember your shift hours and patrol routes, wash yourselves up and get some sleep when you are done."

"The first shift's on me, Mitchell, Joker, Ilona." Gideon declared "the second shift's on Phantom, followed by Aegis, and finally Hunter. We are going with the guards so this could greatly boost our relations." He added before looking at Marcus who was checking his Werewolf hybrid weapon system "Not you Marcus, you just head to the showers and get some sleep."

"B-but my ribs won't be a problem, I can-" Marcus tried to retort.

"That's an order." Gideon said, silencing him.

"Roger that." He responded.

"We can do the catch ups tomorrow." Ilona said while slinging her MORS behind her back.

"In the meantime, why don't you wash yourselves up and get some rest." Mitchell suggested "You are going to need it."

"Okay then." Gideon said, with that the group dispersed and walked straight towards the castle, with the Mane Six and some guards behind them. Leaving the officers alone.

"So, shall we?" Lone said while gesturing at the castle grounds.

"Lets go." They said in union.


"Damn, that was the best shower in my life!" James Grayson commented as the Sentinels stepped out of the large showers of the castle and into the changing room. So large, that it could fit a platoon of guards in there.

"You got me there brother." John Markusen added.

"estas bien, amigos?" Ramirez asked while looking towards a bare chested Marcus who was being bandaged by a guard medic.

"Estoy bien." Marcus responded as the guard finished up his work.

"Okay, all set." The guard set as he packed up his medical bags.

"Thank you." Marcus smiled and saluted him.

Surprised, the guard returned the salute and left the changing room. One by one, the Sentinels left the changing room and went to bed; awaiting their shifts later that night. Before they knew it, there were only James, Marcus, Ramirez, and John in the room.

Suddenly, Ramirez's exo wrist pad started beeping.

"Sorry guys, I've gotta take this call." He said while walking towards the exit "If you need me, just give me a holler." with that, he exited the room.

"Who called him? his wive or some shit?" Bolt asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, that was kinda weird." James said as he put on his exo suit "If Gideon or Mitchell called him, Ah'm sure there is no need for him to go away."

"Well, unless his communication device is equipped with some interstellar-technology-kinda-shit he won't be talking to anyone outside of this dimension." John concluded.

"How about pizza delivery? I could use some good ol' cheezy pizza right now." Marcus said as he adjusted his exo suit before picking up his weapons and holstering them.

"Dude don't even talk about that, Ah could use some Taco Bell myself." James commented as he exited the changing room and into the hallways with his friends in tow; resulting in chuckles from them.

"By the way, what's the story behind that prosthetic arm and shoulder?" Marcus asked.

"Well, if you wanna treat me for a beer or two Ah might tell ya." James smirked.

"But first, we gotta find a tavern." Marcus said "I am sure there is one in Ponyville."

"And some cash to pay for the drinks." Bolt added "I am sure they ain't using dollars as currency here."

"We can think about that tomorrow." John said "We still have our jobs tonight."

After he said that, the team went to their own quarters to get some rest; awaiting orders. That night went by without incident, things were normal as always, the Sentinels and the Royal Guards co-operate together during their night shifts and they did it very well.


The next day, after preparing themselves; the Sentinels and some Royal Guards; including Lone and Lightning were assembling in the castle's front courtyard; awaiting the Mane Six as they agreed to be their tour guides. Despite of the very peaceful nature of the trip, the Sentinels and Royal Guards were completely armed in case something happens; a risk they did not want to take.

However, they decided not to bring the ASTs or any heavy duty weapons to look more friendly to the civilians. Much to James' displeasure.

"Hey, what's up guys?" Bolt asked as he approached Lightning and Lone who were tending to their swords and suits of armor.

"Nothing, just cleaning our stuffs before going to Ponyville." Lone said as he levitated his golden armor and strapping his belt; holding his signature dual Katanas to his waist.

"It's our standards, besides hot mares love it." Lightning added while sheathing his longsword and parrying dagger.

Bolt nodded while adjusting his Ae4 Widowmaker energy directed assault rifle.

"Whoa! What's that?" Lightning asked while pointing at the weapon "you didn't show us that yesterday."

"It looks like one of those directed energy weapons." Lone added.

"Yup, the Widowmaker. When I am not looking on my sniper scope, I use this baby to get things done." Bolt said.

"That's why we are giving them a show today." Marcus said as he joined the chat.

"May I?" Lightning asked in a begging tone.

Getting his meaning, Bolt handed him the assault rifle "Be careful it's nasty sh--AH FUCK!"

Bolt yelled as Lightning accidentally fired the weapon. The super-heated energy bolt impacted a dead tree and setting it on fire. Everybody and everypony instantaneously looked at him.

"My bad." Lightning smiled sheepishly while giving Bolt his weapon back.

"Well look at the bright side." Bolt said sarcastically "At least we have one less dead tree to worry about."

"Nice steels you got there." Marcus intervened as he approached the three with Gideon, Joker, Mitchell, and Ilona in tow.

"Indeed, these are some of Equestria's finest swords." Lone said.

"Dual katanas, a longsword, and a parrying dagger." Mitchell said as he observed the weapons "May we see them?"

"Sure!" Lightning said with a cheery tone and unsheathing his longsword and dagger. Lone also did the same with his katanas.

As the nearby Sentinels picked up the weapons, they were quite surprised when they realized the swords were nearly human-sized. Only shorter and lighter than that of a human's.

"Holy shit, we can still totally use these." Joker commented "But don't you think these are too large for you."

"Nope." Lightning immediately responded "These swords are large in size; yes. But are very useful when you are fighting larger foes."

"Besides, we love it." Lone added "Hey Marcus, what's that knife on your chest?" He asked while pointing at Marcus' karambit knife.

"This..." Marcus said while unsheathing his modern black tinted karambit from it's sheath, placing it on his index finger before grasping it, and gave it some practice swings. "Is a karambit knife." He told them "Originally from Indonesia, and used in the martial art of Silat, this is one of the world's deadliest fighting knives."

"It's a beautiful knife Marcus." Ilona commented "What does it do?"

"Don't worry, I am getting there." Marcus smiled "Shaped like a tiger's claw and crafted with a combination of traditional and modern techniques, this blade is very sharp, durable, and weigh like almost nothing. You can perform deep and deadly cuts to your opponent at such a speed that they will not realize what happened until you deliver the final blow." He said with a small hint of pride "arteries,flesh sinews,...anything."

"Sounds like a helluva knife." James said as he approached the group with his customized HBRa3 slung on his shoulder and taking off his cap before dusting it off and putting it on again "How are we not issued something like yours?"

"Well, this one is quite unconventional." Marcus told him "I received this from one of my superiors in the Special Operations Group when I passed training as a gift."

"Well that's...a definitely cool gift." Lightning said.

"Hey, since our guides are not out yet; how about a little spar Lightning?" Lone suggested.

"Yeah! We definitely want to see that." Bolt said. That being said, the ponies amd humans began to converge on their location.

"Come on, we want to see what you guards are made of." Gideon said.

"Okay, you and me Lone." Lightning said as he took his combat stance, unsheathed his sword and dagger; held them with his telekinetic grip and moved to face his friend. The Sentinels converged around them, giving the Guard Captains some space for the spar. Lone unshethed his dual katanas and did the same; but just before the steels could clash against each other...

"Come on you two, you can have the spar after today's trip." Twilight called out from the castle's entrance.

"Alright Lone, you heard her." Lightning said as he and Lone rallied some guards to escort the group.

"So, are we ready?" Twilight asked, receiving acknowledgements in return.

"Alright then, let's go!" Rainbow exclaimed "Hey, how about a race to Ponyville?"

"Well, we'd love to but we don't really know our way around. " Matthew Reeves said.

"Don't wory, I got it covered." Ramirez said as he uploaded a complete map of Ponyville to everybody's databank.

"Well I'll be damned." James said "When did you do this?"

"Surveillance drones, it's an old habit." Ramirez smirked "Now everybody will know their way around."

"Well, as long as you do no collateral damage; I am cool with it." Mitchell said "Gideon?"

"Well, I am with Mitchell." he said "Twilight? your call."

"Of course! that would be great." she approved "It's about time we see how those wing-packs work."

"Alright! who's in and who's out?" Reeves asked. Marcus, John, Mitchell, Joker, Reeves and his fellow pilots stepped forward.

"James, you're not coming?" Mitchell asked.

"Nah, I am good. I prefer walking." The AST operator said.

"Alright, so where are we gonna rendezvous?" Joker asked.

"Well, today's pretty hot..." Rainbow said while wiping beads of sweat from her forehead "Hey! What about Sugarcube Corner? I know Pinkie's not around, but I am sure Mr & Mrs Cake can give us something cold and sweet there in a jiffy."

"Yeah, that sounds good!" Twilight approved "How about everypony else?"

The ponies agreed.

"Is Sugarcube Corner this gingerbread house?" Mitchell asked as he gave Twilight a bird's eye view of the building. Twilight confirmed.

"Aaand, marked." Reeves said. As soon as that, the Sentinel's helmets closed;their wing-packs deployed and ready to use.

Then, Rainbow and some Pegasi guards fell into position "On your marks. Get set. GO!" In mere seconds, the humans and Pegasi streaked towards the sky at a blistering speed and headed towards Ponyville before going for some laps as the race began. Doing various aerobatic maneuvers in the process.

"Damn! For flightless creatures you humans sure can fly!" Silent Wing commented.

"Technology, my friend." Gideon said "So, shall we?"

"Oh, I have a better idea..." Lightning smirked.


As the humans and Pegasi raced each other, they realized it was their final lap to determine the winner. Rainbow was on the first place, followed closely by Marcus, Reeves, Mitchell, Joker, and the Pegasi guards.

As they spotted their destination, the humans sped up to the maximum. However, Rainbow saw this and like a bullet fired from a gun she dashed and landed in the front yard of Sugarcube Corner. Followed by the humans and guards only mere seconds later.

"Impossible!" Marcus remarked as he folded his wing-pack into his exo's back compartment. This received serious approvals from the humans.

"No pain, no gain!" Rainbow said with pride.

"Um, is this okay?" Reeves asked as he pointed at a large crowd of ponies gathering nearby.

"It's okay, they are with me!" Rainbow assured them. The ponies shrugged and went on with their tasks; although some were still looking at them with awe.

"Good game tho--MY EYES!" Joker yelled as a burst of bright yellow light exploded in front of him; revealing Lightning, Lone, the rest of the Main Six and the rest of the Sentinels. Some of the humans puked on the ground due to the extreme nausea they felt after the teleportation trip.

"Teleportation side effect." Lone said "Get used to it."

"Well, you could've warned us!" James protested. This was agreed by pretty much every Sentinels who participated in the trip.

"Well I thought you humans are trained for this." Lightning said nonchalantly "You alright there Jokes?"

"I don't know, I am seeing doubles now." Joker responded with a brain-dead tone.

After the humans gathered themselves the human officers entered the Sugarcube Corner with the Main Six, Lone, and Lightning while the guards and the rest of the Sentinels stayed outside.


"Welcome!" Mrs Cup Cake greeted them "Oh my Celestia!"

"It's Princess Twilight, the Element Bearers, and the Sentinels!" Mr Carrot Cake added "Oh how rude, we haven't thank you for saving our lives back then."

"We thought we were goners for sure." Mrs Cup Cake added "But thanks to you, we are safe and sound."

"We were just doing our jobs, sir. ma'am." Gideon smiled "No need to thank us."

"Yes, but how can we ever repay you?" Mrs Cupcake asked with a pleading tone "Please, we insist."

"Well, since you said that..." Rainbow said with a naughty smile; putting her right hoof on her chin "How about, ice-creams and cupcakes for everybody and everypony?" she immediately received a nudge from Twilight.

"*Ahem* Mr and Mrs Cake, we are taking our new friends on a tour today. But we decided to stop by your shop to get some snacks." Twilight said.

"Oh no problem Your Majesty, in fact they are all free!" Mr Carrot Cake said. Mrs Cup Cake nodded in agreement.

"Oh no no, I must pay for them. That's a royal dec--" Twilight was cut off as the two rushed to the kitchen.

"ree..."

"I think we should really start to have our own jobs..." Marcus said.

"Yeah, we can't have these folks to give us free stuffs forever." Mitchell added.

"That can be arranged later." Twilight smiled "We are always hiring."

"The Royal Guards could use elite soldiers such as you guys." Lightning said.

"My farm could always use more helping hoofs." Applejack said "Or claws, in your case."

"If any of you are interested in fashion, my boutique is always hiring." Rarity said, flicking her mane.

"I am sure Mr and Mrs Cake could use more help." Lone said "And from what I've heard, they give a good pay."

"Thanks a lot guys, we really appreciate the offer but for today; let's just enjoy the ride." Marcus said.

"Damn straight!" Lone said "But now, we have to play the waiting game."

"Then let's wait." Ilona said as she took a seat on a nearby couch. The rest of the room's occupants did the same.


An hour later, forty one paper bags filled with muffins and forty one cups of ice-creams were served on the table.

"Thanks a lot Mr and Mrs Cake." Twilight smiled "are you sure all of these are free?"

"Oh no problem dearie, of course I am sure!" Mrs Cake smiled.

With that, Twilight, Lone, Lightning, and Rarity picked up the snacks in their telekinesis grip.

"Need some help?" Gideon asked.

"Nope we are good." Lightning said.

"Well Mr and Mrs Cake, we will be on our way now. Thank you, for everything." Mitchell thanked them. With that, they exited the store and distributed the snacks to the rest of the group.

"About damn time!" James said as he took his share of the snacks and going straight for his ice-cream "Whoa! This shit is fuckin' tasty!" he said.

"PRAISE THE LORD!" Joker exclaimed dramatically as he started eating his ice cream. Fast.

"Careful, don't wanna get yourself a brain-freeze." Lone warned him.

"You better listen to him." Lightning suggested.

"Ha! brain-freeze is a term for pussies." He said as he took a big bite on his ice-cream. Only to feel a stinging-cold-painful sensation directly on his brain.

"AW SHIT!" He exclaimed as he rolled on the ground as if he was on fire, clutching his head. This caused the ponies nearby to watch at the scene. Lone,Lightning, some Sentinels, and Royal Guards tried to help him out while laughing their rears off.

Marcus observed the fiasco before shrugging and turning his back and ate his muffin with some members of the group. Despite the ice cream temptation, the wonderful smell of his chocolate chips muffin was too good for him to handle.

"It's been a while since we ate ice-cream." Gideon said.

"We planned to stop by at McDonald's before going back to base. But well, duty called. But eh, who cares; this is better." Mitchell said.

"The last time I ate ice-cream was ten years ago." Ilona added "When my--" suddenly Ilona stopped.

"What is it Ilona?" Fluttershy asked.

"It's nothing, sestra." she replied.

"Sestra?" Fluttershy thought to herself "She is calling me with that these last few days. What does that mean? and why there is this certain aura coming out of her everytime she says that? I must look deeper into this."

Marcus listened to the conversation while finishing his muffin until he felt something hard bumped into his right leg.

When he investigated, the first thing he saw was an overturned scooter, a dazed helmeted orange Pegasus filly with a tomboyish purple mane similar to Rainbow Dash and a spilled vanilla ice-cream.

"Ah, I am sorry I-I didn't see where I was going." The filly apologized, cowering a bit. This took the attention of the group.

"Scootaloo, next time watch where you are going!" Rainbow Dash scolded Scootaloo but at the same time checked the little filly for injuries "Are you okay? you are not hurt are you?"

"N-no I am fine Rainbow Dash." Scootaloo replied weakly.

"So, what do you have to say for yourself?" Rainbow Dash asked sternly.

"I-I am sorry mister...er...um...." she stuttered.

Marcus, always has a soft spot for children in his heart. So he carefully knelt to avoid hurting himself due to his injuries and spoke with a calm voice.

"Marcus, my name is Marcus. Accidents happen all the time, it's alright. But be careful next time." he said while patting Scootaloo's head "And please don't call me mister." Marcus chuckled, this also caused the little filly to smile herself.

"By the way, where are you heading?" he asked again.

"I am heading to Sweet Apple Acres to meet my friends; Sweetiebelle and Applebloom!" Scootaloo said.

"How's my sister and the rest of my family?" Applejack asked "I...haven't seen her since the attack."

"Yes darling, tell me...how is Sweetiebelle doing?" Rarity added.

"Don't worry they are all save and sound." Scotaloo said "When Iron Bull and his friends arrived, they just caught those in town. They didn't go anywhere near Sweet Apple Acres, where we all were." she explained "We were very scared, but now we are just fine."

"Whew, that's a relief to hear." Applejack stated. The rest of the ponies agreed.

"Well, I better get going then." Scootaloo said while getting on her scooter. But before she can leave, Marcus held her back. Scootaloo turned around only to see Marcus holding his uneaten slightly melting vanilla ice cream in front of her with an offering manner.

"Here, take it." Marcus smiled.

"B-but but but..." she stuttered.

"No buts, kiddo." Marcus said. Eagerly, Scootaloo reached for the ice-cream, gave Marcus a hug before saying her farewells and heading towards the Sweet Apple Acres with her scooter and ice cream.

"You sure got your ways with fillies Marcus." Applejack said.

"You are one of the coolest guys I've ever met!" Rainbow added; hovering beside him.

"It's nothing girls." Marcus smiled.

"Well done mate." Gideon patted Marcus' shoulder "Gather round lady and gents!"

"So, are we going now?" Ilona asked as the whole group converged on their position. Gideon nodded with a smile on his face.

"Adventure time!" Marcus, Lightning, and Joker exclaimed simultaneously as they began their tour of Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Sooo yeah, I am still alive :rainbowderp:

Sorry for the late update guys, it's been a while since I wrote this story. Well, once again; live got in hand.

But I am trying to update this story and my two other stories faster. Because I know, waiting for a long time sucks.

So...without further delay, I am going back to typing now:raritywink:

Hit that thumb's up and star button if you like this story, and please comment because I am really looking forward to hear out from you guys:pinkiehappy: that's all from me for now. And stay awesome guys! :pinkiehappy: