• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 9,023 Views, 579 Comments

Sentinels of Equestria - Lightning Spear



(A CoD: A.W. crossover) A year had passed after New Baghdad, a team of Sentinel Task Force operatives led by Gideon and Jack Mitchell are stranded in Equestria, where they must work alongside the Equestrians to prevent the birth of war.

  • ...
28
 579
 9,023

Target Practice

"Is everybody okay?!" Mitchell shouted as he got on his feet; dusting himself from the debris getting 'yes we are okay's in return; this relieved him greatly. Apparently before they could clear the room, two large whitish metal containers breached the crystal roof above them and impacted the floor; causing huge shockwaves that certainly wrecked the entire room. The Sentinels quickly freed themselves from the wreckage and just as quickly; helped the ponies who got stuck underneath the crystal debris,fortunately no serious injuries save for cuts and bruises.

"Are you okay, sir?" Joker asked as he removed a large plank of wood from Gleaming Shield's body.

"I am okay Lieutenant, thank you." Gleaming Shield said as he inspected his body and flexed it, resulting in several crunching noises. With that, he immediately started lifting some debris to free Hurricane and Iron Sword, followed swiftly by the guards. Meanwhile, Ramirez, Gideon, Ilona, and Mitchell were taking care of the Royal Family and the Main Six.

"Easy there, Princess." Ramirez said as he gently grabbed Twilight's hoofs; to help regain her ground. "Do you feel anything? pain? dizziness? headache?"

"No, not at all. I am just a bit winded, thank you Ramirez." she smiled.

"Ilona, how's Fluttershy and the others?" Mitchell asked as he finished his inspections on Luna, with Gideon finishing his' on Celestia.

"Fluttershy and the others are okay." she said as she calmed the timid pegasus mare in her arms "Well, save for--."

"AAAAAHHHHHHH." Rarity's high-pitched scream filled the room. Everypony and everybody immediately rushed to her spot. And there, they found Rarity; clutching her face with her hoofs, crying.

"Oh shit! Rarity, what's wrong? Are you hurt?!" Gideon asked while frantically searching every inch of her body for any signs of damage; which to his amazement, he found none.

"Look at me! I am hideous!" She whined.

"It's just a frazzled mane, Rarity." Applejack said as she face-hoofed, shaking her head.

"You are lucky to be alive you know." Rainbow added.

"Just a frazzled mane?!" Rarity retorted

"Oh, for Faust's sake!" Twilight groaned, slowly walking towards the posh unicorn. She charged her horn with purple magic aura, and in an instant; her horn flashed and Rarity's mane returned to it's normal elegant shape.

"Oh, thank you darling. I am glad that nightmare is over." Rarity said dramatically.

"W-what a-are t-these? If you don't mind me asking." Fluttershy asked while pointing at the containers embedded to the floor.

"No idea, these thangs are made of metal." Applejack replied while knocking her hoof on the pods, causing loud metallic bangs in the process. She came across an LCD control panel, and placed her hoof on top of it; turning it on. "What in tarnation?!"

"I think our attack against Atlas forces on Switzerland has already started." Mitchell said as he moved towards the two pods.

"Wait, how did they get here?" Joker asked "Oh, you better don't--"

"Relax, there's a small recording device in each pod remember?" Mitchell said as he synced his tablet with the control panel and readied it's projector for all to see. The footage started with the pods falling from the sky, the pods' camera FLIR system was online; so the attack must've took place at night. Suddenly, a white light swept the pods and the transmission went dark.

"What was that light?" Hurricane asked.

"That must be the Excalibur cannon. If that thing reactivates, our forces back on Earth will have a hell of a time fighting ATLAS in Switszerland." Mitchell said as he disconnected his tablet from the pod "But let's hope the cargo, isn't damaged." With that, Gideon moved to the other pod.

"What do you mean by 'cargo'?" Twilight asked.

"Just wait and see, prepare to be amazed." Joker said with a shit eating grin.

"And...presto." As Mitchell said that, both pods made a heavy hissing sound with steam coming out from all sides for a couple of seconds before stopping abruptly. And a couple of seconds later, all sides of the pods dropped to the crystal floor with a loud metallic clang. The ponies' dropped their jaws as they saw two large green, nine feet tall, futuristic suit of armor,stood before their eyes.

"What the hay are--?" Gleaming trailed off, unable to say a single word as he was too busy staring at the two advanced heavy mechanical battlesuits. The rest of the ponies did the same.

"XS-1 Goliath Armor also known as the AST suit." Gideon said "We will explain everything later, but now; lets get out of this room." With that, he and Mitchell handed their assault rifles to Ramirez and Ilona respectively before walking behind the suits and pulling the manual punch out lever on their respective suits, twisting it down, and letting go. With that, several armor plates slowly moved away in different directions, revealing a rather small interior made to fit a human. The two operatives stepped into their respective suits, and after fitting themselves inside; the same armor plates closed behind them. Encasing them in thick layers of titanium armor. Then, the female voice of the suits' AI spoke.

"AST suit online." it said. With that, the glass interior emitted a faint light followed by a large piece of armor; rising and clamping itself around the helmet. The armor plates slid away, and revealing more glass screening in the process. Then, a huge multi-cylinder tube extended from the suits' left shoulders before retracting again. As the process went on, the suits' HUDs became online; showing the weapons' names and indicators.

Mitchell and Gideon stretched their right hands, and with that the huge GAU-3/A main gun; complete with it signature rocket launcher folded into their hands; their thumbs holding their respective triggers. They pushed the triggers, causing the barrels to spin at an unholy rate. Then the AI spoke again.

"Weapon systems online." it said "Main gun ready, rocket ready, swarm missiles ready, trophy system online, ping system online." Knowing the suits were fine and ready for action, the two folded their rotary cannons and looked towards the ponies. Who had unsurprisingly, haven't moved an inch from their current positions. All staring at them with widened eyes of astonishment, amazement, and calling them intimidated would be an understatement.

"Well?" Mitchell spoke with an intimidating-heavy robotic voice due to his suit's sound processing system "lets go." With that, several dull thuds could be heard emanating from the group. Apparently, Fluttershy, Applejack, and even Iron Sword passed out on the floor.

"Great." Gideon sighed.

"I got her." Ilona said as she picked up Futtershy in her arms.

"I got Applejack." Joker said while picking up Applejack in his arms.

"And I got Iron Sword." Shining said while picking the Royal Guard Commander in his magical grip.

"Alright, I think our weapons demonstrations have officially began." Mitchell smirked underneath the thick layers of bullet-proof glass.


"Look, Princess. We are very very sorry for this to happen." Gideon said as the group were navigating through the crystal hallways of the castle, still clad in his AST suit. Aside from the group, the hallway was filled with guards and workponies rushing towards the conference room. Frequently, the ponies would stop dead in their tracks and stared at the two huge war machines walking with their leaders and guardians. But after being assured that everything's okay, they resumed their activities.

"No need to be sorry, Major. Although we barely escaped with our lives, it was an accident. None of you meant for it to happen." The Princess of Friendship said with a genuine smile "In fact, if you were not there with us, I doubt we are still drawing our breaths right now." She said again "But your demonstrations better be good."

"You got it." Mitchell said still with his heavy robotic voice.

"By the way, do you think another attack is going to happen again soon?" Gleaming Shield asked.

"We don't know." Ramirez stated "When we interviewed one of the minotaur attackers earlier today, he said he was from an organization called the Berserkers; an extension of a larger group. But what that group is, we don't know. If they are going to attack, chances are they are going to attack at high-value territories with no attending military leader. Which scratches Ponyville and Canterlot out of the list."

"Which is why we are returning to the Crystal Empire shortly." Cadance declared. "Look Twilight, I know you want us to be together in times like these but--"

"It's okay, I understand." Twilight smiled "I'd do the same."

"If that's the case, I can send a team to go with you. You know, just to be sure." Gideon suggested.

"That's very kind of you, but the Crystal Empire has the second largest garrison of Royal Guards after Canterlot. While Ponyville is only guarded with a company of guards. I am sure you will be more required here." Shining said.

"You know you can always count on us." Mitchell said.

"Thank you, Captain." Shining smiled.

"By the way, how old are you?" Hurricane inquired.

"Most of us are at our early to late twenties, I am 36 years old." Gideon said.

"I am 35 years old." Mitchell stated.

"I am 33." Ilona said.

"I am 34." Joker said.

"And I am 20." Ramirez said.

"Ramirez here is the little brother of the team." Joker said while patting Ramirez's back.

"That means, most of you here are about the same age as us." Twilight commented.

"You are young...but you've been through a lot more than anypony else. Even for our guards." Celestia said.

"Trust me, Princess. None of your guards want to experience what we have been through all this time. Sometimes I can't believe that every single mission given to us, could be our last. But I guess, we didn't have a choice back home." Ramirez said.

"But you are free now, right?" Luna spoke up.

"Maybe Princess...maybe..." Joker replied. With that, silence fell upon the group. Aside from their footsteps and the heavy clanking of the ASTs, there was no exchange of words, both parties left with their own thoughts.

"Where are we?" Menendez asked as they exited the castle's hallways and into a large courtyard with numerous structures; presumably the barracks sitting nearby, breaking the silence "oh, at the barracks."

"Precisely, Captain. There's a shooting range which you will certainly like." Hurricane said with a smirk.

As the group passed through the barracks, the guards stationed there shot them curious glances; mainly at Mitchell and Gideon since they were wearing hulking suits of advanced mechanical armor that seemed to create thumps each time their feet stomped on the cobblestone floor.

"Sergeant Reeves, may I ask you something?" Hurricane said as she walked beside the former Night Stalker as they walked through an incomplete section of the barracks. The ponies working on the building shot the group curious looks in return, so in return the group waved at them. This seemed to calm them down a bit as they went back to work, occasionally taking glances at the group.

"Of course, ma'am." he replied politely, returning to the conversation.

"Those four war beasts by the castle's entrance, are they living creatures?"

Reeves chuckled, "No ma'am, they are called VTOLs. An abbreviation for Vertical-Take-Off-Landing--"

"Sergeant Reeves, I think it's better if you bring the--er, VTOLs over here; so explaining will be easier." Gleaming Shield said. "What do you think Princess Twilight?"

"Of course! That would be awesome!" Twilight said with an enthusiastic tone. The others nodded in agreement. Mitchell and Gideon lifted their thumbs up.

"Okay, you heard 'em; lets go!" With that, Reeves and three other pilots ran back into the castle.

"What are they gonna do? Drag 'em with huge leashes or somethin'?" Rainbow asked; causing all eyes to fell on her "What? Just saying."

"Just wait, and see." Ramirez said with a sly grin. With that, the group continued their trek towards their destination.

"And, here we are!" Twilight said with a bright smile as the group arrived at a very large field with a large sparring area with numerous weapons' racks nearby complete with various medieval weaponry displayed on them and several audience's benches. An obstacle course and a large shooting range decorated with pony training mannequins made of straws as targets; complete with the Royal Guard armor set. With a huge grotesque stone dragon statue nearby.

"This.Is.Awesome!" Joker exclaimed merrily. As he said that, humming noises from the VTOLs' engines filled the air; everypony stared at the hovering VTOLs with wide eyes. Especially Rainbow and Hurricane. As the VTOLs slowly descended into the courtyard, wind and dust began to kick up. This caused everybody (except for Gideon and Mitchell) and everypony to cover their respective eyes and faces. Once the VTOLs touched the ground, the pilots shut down their engines and stepped out.

"Like what you see?" Reeves smirked.

"So...awesome." Rainbow said with glimmering eyes. "Twi, you might wanna take that quill and note-pad again."

"Already did." Twilight smirked.

"Kid, you have no idea how awesome these beasts are." Reeves said while ruffling her mane; much to everybody and everypony's amusement and Rainbow's enjoyment "Okay, first of; VTOL is an abbreviation of Vertical Take Off Landing, which means we don't need a lot of space to go airborne since we take off vertically. We have two types of VTOLs on our disposal, which have been modified to aid us for long-missions. These two are called Razorbacks." He said while pointing at his ride and another Razorback nearby "And those other two are called Warbirds." He said while pointing at the Warbirds.

"I like their names, but what are they capable of?" Hurricane asked.

"I was waiting for you to say that." Reeves smirked "Overall, these beasts are equipped with the latest technology and weaponry our world can offer; such as a cloaking device which enables us to be virtually invisible, a retrofitted solar panel to charge our power cells, and engines capable of using hydrogen from water for fuel." he explained.

"How fast can your, er-- Vee-tols go? Can they do Sonic Rainboom?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"How about the firepower?" Gleaming Shield asked.

"Our VTOLs are armed with 25 millimeter auto-cannons, which shoots out 25 millimeter depleted uranium rounds at 1.800 rounds per minute which will tear targets into shreds since it's effective to destroy almost anything plus twelve shots of anti armor missiles for heavy duty jobs."

"What if you run out of ammunition?" Twilight asked.

"We won't. Our weapons are equipped with 3D printers which regulates ammo for us, believe it or not these machines could also produce weapons, exo-suits, food, and many more. The printers and most of our equipment are powered by high-capacity batteries that could last for months and rechargeable by solar panels." Reeves said.

"We have a portable 3D printer in each transport, Even those AST suits and this assault rifle I am holding uses 3D printers too." Ramirez added. "No offense." he said while looking at both Gideon and Mitchell who already exited their AST suits.

"None taken." they replied.

"Sounds like your equipment are very well-suited for long-term missions." Gleaming Shield commented.

"Exactly. Because before ending up here, we were supposed to conduct a possibly months long covert ops across Europe." Reeves said.

"As for Rainbow's question, the Razorbacks can reach up to 478 mph despite having heavier armor than the Warbirds which can reach up to only 351 mph thanks to their powerful jet engines instead of rotors. But again, the Warbird is more suited for stealth missions since it's naturally designed to do so. As a matter of fact, our Razorbacks have been modified based on the Warbirds' capabilities. So, our vehicles are not designed for supersonic speed but they obviously have tons of firepower." he stated with a hint of pride. "By the way, what's a Sonic Rainboom?"

"OH OH! So I fly up and then dive down then suddenly--"

"Basically she can break the sound barrier." Twilight interrupted her prismatic friend. Resulting in Rainbow staring sharply at the Princess of Friendship.

"Woah! going at supersonic speed?! shit, you can do that?! Wait,wait no living creature could go more than Mach 1 nor withstanding the intense pressure--"

Before the former Night Stalker could finish his sentence, Rainbow flew to the sky at a blistering speed before diving back at an equally jaw-dropping speed; increasing more and more as she dove to the ground. Suddenly, Rainbow was encapsulated with a vapor cone followed by a vibrantly color ring which expands from the point of occurrence accompanied by a shockwave and a rainbow wake trailing behind it. She did several aerobatic maneuvers in the sky before landing back on the ground. Puffing her chest with pride.

"And how's that, pilot?" she asked with arrogance. With that an orchestra of applause erupted in the field. For the ponies, Rainbow's signature move was and still is amazing for them. Since she is the only pony capable of doing so. For the humans however...were rendered speechless. "Um. hellooo? Sergeant Reeves?" Rainbow said, waving her hoofs in front of a brain-dead Reeves.

"I think you just broke him." a pilot said. "All of us for that matter."

"Clear the way! I am an expert in this." Joker said with a nasty shit eating grin plastered on his face; putting an unconscious Applejack down near her friends and walking towards Reeves. As he got in front of him, Joker took off his exo-suit and waved his hands in Reeves' face before looking back at the group "Just making sure...don't wanna destroy his balls." as fast as lightning, Joker kicked Reeves directly in his nuts; causing him to scream, fell to the ground, clutching his family's jewel,and groaning in pain. His face was beet red as a tomato. The ponies and humans laughed their rears and ass(es) off, since his scream also woke Applejack, Fluttershy, and Iron Sword from their unconsciousness.

"You good?" Joker said while offering his hand which Reeves took.

"You are an a-hole you know that." He replied, still trying to suppress the pain.

"You're welcome." Joker said sarcastically, he took an instant cold pack from his pocket;and tossed it to the pilot who immediately put it in his pants.

"Alright alright, enough of this." Gideon said, shifting the groups' attention "Joker, put on your exo we are going to show 'em what our exos can do." the latter complied.

"Before we proceed, I think it's better for all of you take your seats first." Gideon said.The ponies complied, quickly filling the benches nearby. The rest of the Sentinels followed them suit.

"Right, before we start I want to tell you the basics first. A powered exoskeleton, also known as powered armor, exoframe, or exosuit, is a mobile machine consisting primarily of an outer framework akin to an insect's exoskeleton worn by a person, and powered by a system of motors or hydraulics that delivers at least part of the energy for limb movement." Ramirez explained.

"They are not part of our bodies, but when worn, these suits basically merge with our bodies. Enhancing our strength, speed, durability, pretty damn much everything; boosting our effectiveness and efficiency on the battlefield. We have developed two types of exos; the Assault and Specialist variant." Gideon said "Each exos have primary and secondary ability. Assault is equipped with boost jump, as well sonics for crowd control. Basically it gives you versatility during assault missions. The Specialist exo like the one I am wearing right now, has a built in shield" he said while activating his riot shield; astonishing the ponies "in addition to Overdrive capability; an ability which slows down things in our visions so we can shoot them more easily. So, in my opinion this type of suit is best used during covert ops or rescue operations" the ponies were stunned when they heard this, never before they knew a piece of technology capable of doing so "And before you ask, even without our suits we are still perfectly capable to fight."

"Wait, you mentioned that your exoskeletons boosts your strength and endurance; correct?" Gleaming Shield asked, receiving a nod from Ramirez "Then how far could they enhance them?"

"Well, our exos are capable of denting steel and shattering wood and rock with ease. They make us run faster, jump higher, and hit harder than humanly possible. As for the ASTs, they enhance our strength from superhuman to god-like as they are capable of breaking solid steel and busting through solid concrete wall. Extremely useful in a lot of situations." Mitchell said. "To complete all that, our exos are also armed with a variety of unique abilities, which is controlled by our exo wrist pads here." he said while showing his wristpad to the ponies "Aside from those abilities, these wrist pads can also be used to control our mechanical weaponry. Oh, and the Assault exos are also capable of flight." Mitchell said, activating his exo's flight mode with his exo wrist pad. Two jet engines mounted wings sprouted from his exo and the jet engines immediately activated.

"How fast?" Rainbow instantly snapped up from her seat walking towards him.

"Say, 350 mph?" Mitchell said, based on the gut feeling he got after he chased and crashed the ATLAS transport during the mission in Antartica. "Not supersonic, but fast enough to chase the fastest military transport in our planet."

"How about a race?" Rainbow asked with tons of excitement.

"You'd win, kid." Mitchell said, ruffling her mane "If we are lucky enough, we may stumble across an intact F-52B. Now that would be a hell of a race. But we'll see later." With that he disengaged his flight mode, with that the wings retracted inside his exo. Rainbow smiled and went back to her seat.

"Next, we are going to show you our exo abilities." Gideon said. "First of, our exo-suits have been heavily modified to sustain the usage of a lot of exo abilities whereas our original exos are only capable of using a few of them." he explained. "Lets start with the exo-shield." with that he walked towards the middle of the field.

Reeves opened his Razorback's ramp and with Joker and James unloaded a remote turret, a medium-sized case, and some more large cases filled with weapons. Reeves quickly readied the turret and placed in on the middle of the field while Joker and James were assembling a WASP drone.

"This, my friends, is a remote turret. It fires 7.62 millimeter rounds, and it acts as a sentry gun; which will shoot targets automatically or you can manually control it with tablets." Reeves said. "It will only shoot targets with no Sentinel beacon or other types identifications which is why I am controlling it manually, or else Gideon's ass will be filled with lead since he turned off his ID beacon a second ago."with that, Gideon gave him his middle-finger with a shit-eating grin.

"Okay, all set." Reeves said, using his tablet to control the turret "Ready when you are."

Immediately, Gideon activated his shield followed suit by a rapid rain of high-powered bullets from the turret's rotating barrel. After the turret overheated, Gideon deactivated his shield.

"Electrified Ballistic Mesh, protects your body from being riled up with bullets." Gideon said with a smirk as he walked back to the audiences.

"Next, the boost jump and land assist." Gideon said "Ramirez, show 'em." Ramirez nodded and ran towards a rather high platform in the obstacle course and with his boosters, he jumped towards the top effortlessly before going down smoothly with his land assist.

"Mag gloves and grappling hook." Gideon said "Ilona, you're up." with that, she ran towards the same platform Mitchell used earlier and with her mag gloves, she activated her mag-gloves quickly crawled on the metallic walls and reaching the top merely seconds later and using her grappling hook at a nearby tree which became her route to touch the ground.

"That was Spider-Mare kind of stuff." Rainbow commented.

"Steel wire rope with steel piercing heads, extremely sharp and durable." Mitchell said.

"Next, Exo-Stim." Gideon said while drawing out his large serrated black-tinted combat knife.

"W-what's that k-knife for? if you don't mind me asking of course." Fluttershy asked to Ilona, still hiding behind her mane.

"He is going to make a cut on his arm. Don't worry the stim will do the work." Ilona said reassuringly. With that, Gideon sliced his right arm with a pained grunt. His knife immediately tore through his skin and drawing some blood; causing the civilians to gasp with horror. After sheathing his knife, he pressed his exo-pad stim control, deploying a small injector from his arm guard and injecting a healing substance to his wound. Moments later, the wound healed and closed; only leaving a small mark behind.

"Wha-- how?" Twilight inquired with an immense amount of curiosity.

"A combination of stimulants, disinfectants, and our world's latest healing serum." Gideon said, wiping away the blood flowing in his hand "Use it once a day and you are good, use more than once; you are going to feel euphoric and well, can't stop moving. But after the effects are gone, you are going to fall asleep for the next twenty four hours." he explained.

"Brr, I am not going to use it. Ever." Rainbow said, rubbing her hoofs together.

"Not so tough to needles ain't ya?" Applejack smirked.

"Wha-no I am not. Just, allergic." Rainbow said, still puffing her chest despite her secret fear of needles.

"Next, exo-cloak. Ramirez, you are up." Gideon said, with that Ramirez activated his exo-cloak; turning invisible in mere seconds.

"Whoa!" The ponies gasped in unison.

"Boo!" Ramirez said in a heavy, menacing voice; de-cloaking beside Rainbow with his Atlas 45 pointed at her head. Rainbow was intimidated beyond words at that moment; after witnessing what human weaponry can do back at the castle's throne room yesterday she did not intend to serve as a target. Unaware to Rainbow herself, she was as pale as a ghost and sweating crazy; this caused the others to laugh.

"Relax--" Before Ramirez could finish his sentence, Rainbow kicked the gun away, roundhouse-kicked his face, and pined him to the ground. Pulling his arms backwards with her wings.

"Whoa! easy there kid." Joker said while trying to separate the two; to no avail.

"Not until he say the word!" Rainbow replied with a hint of anger in her voice.

"Agh! Okay, okay I am sorry!" Ramirez said while tapping the ground repeatedly. With that Rainbow let him go.

"The last time I am in that kind of situation, I got beat up and nearly have a crossbow bolt going through my skull." Rainbow said as she adjusted her breath "Just don't do it again."

Ramirez nodded "I am going to feel that in the morning." he said while wiping away some blood from his mouth. "So we are good?"

"We are good." Rainbow said.

"Right, if we may please continue; do you have a slab of solid concrete around here? or any form of rocks will do. If you have metal, that would be even better." Gideon asked.

"Oh, and some spare glass panels." Mitchell added.

"Sure, those workers should have some spares. Why?" Iron Sword asked.

"We want to show you solid proof what these suits are capable of, we don't do nonsense." he replied.

Iron Sword gestured at two unicorn royal guards nearby, they nodded and took off to the barracks. Moments later, the two returned with five slabs of large concrete, a large steel plate, and two panels of glass in their telekinesis grips.

"Nice." Joker said as the guards laid the concretes before them one by one. With solid blows; Joker, Gideon, Ilona, Mitchell, and Ramirez reduced the solid concretes into rubles. The ponies gasped in astonishment as they saw what happened.

"Solid tempered steel...nice." Ilona commented as she inspected the steel plate in front of her.

"Need a hoof with that?" Shining said as he walked towards the steel plate.

"Sure." Ilona replied, with that Shining levitated the steel plate using his telekinesis grip in front of Ilona. Getting his meaning, Ilona kicked the steel plate in front of her; resulting in a loud clank. Her augmented strength and speed dented the steel's surface. Once again, the ponies were astonished by the spectacle.

"Hmm, just a dented steel. Not good enough for me. Big Easy, you wanna finish the job for us?" Gideon asked, staring at a certain Goliath operator.

"Sure Ah am, Sir." James Grayson a.k.a Big Easy stood up from his seat and adjusted his trademark cap. His accent also caught the attention of a certain cowpony who immediately stared at him, her eyes revealing great curiosity.

"Hey AJ, you got a crush on him already?" Rainbow snickered as she playfully nudged her friend as James entered an AST suit.

"You two would be a great couple. I don't know anything about him, but I do know he suits you perfectly." Cadance added with a smirk on her face.

"No Ah'm not." She quickly retorted. That being said, Big Easy lifted the steel plate using his suits' giant arms and with little effort, broke them into two pieces. Seeing this, James put the broken scrap metal down on the grass.

"Alright, now I am going to use the sonics; best put up a sound barrier spell."Mitchell said while moving both panels to his position; positioning himself between the panels. Shining cast the spell and adjusted it's power; having witnessed the power of the high-pitched-high-frequency sound waves he knew it's best not to hear it with his own ears. Once he was done, he signaled Mitchell to start.

"Alright, here goes." With that, Mitchell activated the sonics. Shattering the glass panels.

"And there goes the finest steel and glass in Equestria." Gleaming Shield commented as Shining lowered his sound barrier spell.

"Breaking solid steel with ease. " Gideon replied. With that, the audience cheered loudly.

"Thank you James Grayson a.k.a Big Easy. Next we are going to show you how the exos works in hand-to-hand combat." Gideon said.

"Before that, can you demonstrate what the suit's weaponry can do?" Gleaming asked. The others nodded in acknowledgement.

"Captain Mitchell, would you share the fun with us?" James asked again.

"Well, I don't see why I should say no." Mitchell smirked as he stepped in to another AST suit. "I think you might want to resupply all of those mannequins after we are done." with that, the two walked towards the shooting range. As they got into firing positions, the two unfolded their huge miniguns and aimed them at the mannequins, causing the ponies to once again express their amazement towards human technology.

"Whoa! Look at the size of that thing!"Rainbow exclaimed, an expression she wanted to say after the conference room incident.

"That's what she said!" Joker exclaimed, not making any effort to suppress his amusement; cracking up the crowd. But then he received a slap to the back from an exo-clad Ilona. After a while the crowd calmed down.

"Alright, this huge gun is known as the GAU-3/A chaingun. It shoots out 50 millimeter military grade depleted uranium rounds at 500 rounds per minute, nasty stuff." James explained " Ah do recommend to put that sound barrier up, it's going to be really noisy here." Hearing this, Twilight quickly put up a sound barrier among the ponies; her barrier dampened the noise significantly but not entirely. With that James and Mitchell pressed their triggers and unleashed a devastating storm of bullets as thundering noise spat from their rotary cannons followed by a thick smokescreen; destroying a lot of mannequins in the bullet storm.

"Woo-hoo! Never gets old eh Captain?" James said loudly through his comms in the midst of firing his chain gun.

"Hell yeah!" Mitchell replied with an equally loud voice.

As their guns overheated and the smoke cleared out, they saw the destruction the suits' weaponry caused; all mannequins in the area were eradicated by the chainguns alone. Reducing the mannequins into mangled pieces of armor and scattered straws; with gaping holes in the walls.

"Shit,I think we are going to need more mannequins." James said.

"I got you covered." Celestia said with a smile and got up from her seat, she charged her horn with a golden aura and suddenly the aura encased the mannequins' remains and levitated them to the air. Miraculously, Twilight's magic rebuilt the broken pieces and before they knew it; all of the destroyed mannequins were repaired and ready to be fired upon again.

"Let me collect the top of my skull for a moment..." Joker said with a brain-dead tone, scratching the back of his head to process the event.

"I have one word for you. Magic." Celestia smirked.

"The fact that magic exist, still blows my mind away." Gideon chuckled.

"Please, continue." Celestia said with a smile.

"Oh, right. Next up, the MK4 Rocket. Nothing special about this one, just a good old high explosive rocket." Mitchell said. With that, he and Big Easy aimed their underbarrel rocket launchers and launched their payloads into a large group of clustered mannequins; blowing them to bits.

"And finally, the AT6 Missiles. Also known as S.W.A.R.M Missiles, these babies locks on to multiple targets and firing at them simultaneously making it very suitable for crowd control.However, not all missiles will always impact the target, as they may be impeded by obstacles, making it possible that one burst will not kill." James explained "But if even one missile hits you directly, you are screwed." with that, the two locked onto as many mannequins as they can and fired the missiles. Completely destroying their designated targets. Turning the repaired mannequins into their original, destroyed state.

Seeing they have demonstrated all of the suits' weaponry the two stepped out from their respective suits, covered in a thick scent of gunpowder.

"Sir, what do you think?" James asked.

"I give you eleven out of ten. You bested my expectations beyond limits." Gleaming said. Smiling.

"Ramirez, Ilona, Joker, James, take off your exos. Mitchell you are with me." Gideon said as he and Mitchell stepped into the sparring area while the four do as the were told.

"Don't you think this is a bit dangerous? I mean, not that I dislike spars like these but seeing how your exo is capable of shattering concrete and denting steel..." Iron Sword said.

"Easy, sir. We do this a lot and of course we have our safety measures too." Gideon said "Besides, this sparring area has rubber flooring. Should be safe enough."

"Don't go easy on me." Ilona said with a devilish grin. As she said that, the four surrounded them in all directions and readied their combat stance. Almost immediately when they did this, the four attacked Mitchell and Gideon simultaneously. Ramirez and Ilona was the first to make contact. Ilona immediately delivered a roundhouse kick to Mitchell's ribcage. Seeing this, Mitchell caught Ilona's leg with one hand and quickly executed a sweeping kick to Ilona's other supporting leg causing her to fall with a dull thud. But despite his successful attempt to counter Ilona's strike, Ramirez landed a solid hook punch on Mitchell's face, only winding him a bit thanks to his Assault exo. Seizing the opportunity, the former NSA agent executed a jumping roundhouse kick towards Mitchell's head but Mitchell grabbed Ramirez's foot in mid-air before grabbing both of his legs and slamming him to the ground like a basketball. Ilona and Ramirez quickly got up on their respective butts and started battling Mitchell again.

On the other side, Joker and James were fighting against Gideon with his Specialist exo. Joker delivered a kick to Gideon's stomach which he easily side-stepped and countered with a solid palm-thrust to the chest causing him to fell backwards with a roll quickly getting up on his feet. James did a series of quick punches and kicks landing some lucky strikes in the process, but Gideon managed to stun him and executed a shoulder throw, sending him rolling away. Just as he thought he'd won, he was knocked down by a falling Mitchell who just received a series of strikes from both Ramiez and Ilona. As the two fell to the ground, the four seized the opportunity and held them in submission locks. But Gideon and Mitchell easily threw them away and got up on their feet, ready to fight. With that, the crowd gave them a brilliant applause. They bowed and went to help Ilona, Ramirez, Joker, and James.

"Whoa! you guys knew Karate too?" Rainbow said with a wide smile.

"Sort of." Joker said, adjusting his breath.

"That's awesome! you guys should teach me your moves sometimes." Rainbow said "I am a black belt in Karate."

"Oh really? Sick." Mitchell smirked as he sat next to her.

"Yeah, maybe you should--Wait, are those?!" Twilight exclaimed with utter surprise, staring at the entrance of the arena. On the entrance, stood two large unicorn stallion; fully clad in Royal Guard armor. Both stallions were almost as tall as Princess Luna, their bodies were built in a muscular but proportional manner. One stallion has a black tail, and coat with red as a secondary and hints of orange in mane and tail,red eyes, and Changeling like muzzle. While the other one has a short, spiky, electric yellow tail with a dark yellow outline. An orange coat, blue eyes, and muzzle reminiscent to that of Shining Armor's. The black stallion was armed with dual katana blades while the yellow one was armed with a spear and a longsword.

"Oh. My. FAUST!" Twilight exclaimed with utter joy "It's them!"

"Who?" Gideon asked.

"Two of Equestria's most skilled Royal Guard Captains." Iron Sword replied.

"And one of them is my cousin!" Twilight replied proudly.

"Our cousin." Shining added.

With that, the two stallions trotted towards the group. Everypony and everybody got up from their seats as the two arrived before them. The stallions snapped firm salutes to their superiors before turning to the humans; which they returned.

"Sentinels, meet Captain Lightning Spear..." Iron Sword said, gesturing at the orange stallion "And Captain Lone Shadow." He said, gesturing at the black stallion.

"It's an honor to meet you personally Sentinels." Lone said politely.

"And please, call us by our names. Formality is not really our thing." Lightning replied, receiving a bro-hoof from Lone.

"And please do the same for us." Gideon replied with a hearty chuckle.

"Cousin!" Twilight said with utter joy as she and her brother got up from their seats and gave Lightning a bear sized group hug; which he returned. Careful not to touch the bandaged section of Twilight's body. After a moment, they let go.

"It's been way too long. We missed you so much." Shining said patting his cousin on the shoulder. "When was it? The last time we met?"

"We have a lot of catching up to do." Twilight said with a cheery smile.

Lightning chuckled "I don't remember. You have no idea how much I've been missing you guys." He smiled "How's your ribs, Twi? I heard you got it pretty bad." He said while poking at the bandages gently.

"Still hurts, but way better." Twilight smiled.

"Alright, don't move." Lightning said, charging his horn with a bright yellow aura. A couple of seconds later, the same yellow aura covered Twilight's bandages before quickly disappearing.

"What did you do?" Ilona asked.

"Just a simple healing spell." Lightning replied "better?"

"Much better, thank you Lightning." Twilight replied with a smile.

"What brings you two here?" Mitchell asked.

"As soon as we heard about the Ponyville attack, we immediately asked Commander Iron Sword for our transfer to Ponyville; all the way from Vanhoover." Lone explained.

"Sounds like Vancouver to me." James added "Ah see words travels fast 'round here."

"True, the royal guards at Vanhoover keep talking about you Sentinels endlessly." Lone said with a chuckle.

"By the way, which one of you is Sergeant Ramirez?" Lightning asked.

"That would be me, sir." Ramirez said, stepping forward.

"Thank you, for saving my cousin's life." Lightning said as the two shook each others' respective hand and hoof.

"Just doing my job, which reminds me..." Ramirez said while taking Twilight's repaired tablet from his pocket and handing it to her.

"You did this, for me?" Twilight asked with glittery eyes.

Ramirez chuckled "It was nothing Princess."

"Seems like we missed a hell of a show." Lone said looking at the scattered remains of the mannequins in the firing range.

"Yep, but we are not done yet." Joker said.

After shaking hands with the rest of the Sentinels and exchanging small talks with the Princesses and the rest of the civilians Lightning and Lone took their seats.

"Before we step in to our firearms, I want to show you a bit of our drones." Mitchell said while picking up the WASP drone " this is known as the WASP or assault drone." Then, he activated the drone with his tablet; flying it in front of the ponies "this one is armed with a machine gun and a cloaking technology. Perfect for a surprise attack. We can also change the machine gun with a suppressed sniper rifle for covert operations. " With that, he flew the drone to the shooting range and scanned the area for the remaining mannequins; it's threat scanner displayed there were eight targets remaining. Mitchell activated the drone's cloaking system and proceeded to destroy the remaining mannequins with ease.

"Just like a ghost..." Lone commented.

"A wasp to be exact..." Lightning added while walking towards the firing range and repairing the all of destroyed mannequins in the range. "So, your fire-arms?"

"Captain Mcknight, you are up." Gideon said "Oh, and take your team when you start the shooting."

With that, Mcknight slung out his HBRa3 assault rifle ,and held it in his right arm, while holding a 7.62 mm round in his left hand. "See this little baby? this is a 7.62 millimeter NATO round. This, goes into this..." With that, he took out a 35 round STANAG magazine "This is known as a magazine, it carries thirty five rounds. Now, this is a special type of ammo; it is armor-piercing. Which means, this round is designed to punch through armored targets. In fact, our weapons are armed with armor piercing rounds and other types of ammunition." he explained.

"Our weapons vary in accessories." Mitchell added.

Then, Mcknight aimed at one of the mannequins, switched the safety off and switched into single-shot mode, aiming down with his ACOG scope and pressed the trigger. The round hit the mannequin with a loud pang right in between the eyes. The AP round went smoothly through the skull and hitting the wall behind it.

Then, he quickly drew his laser sight equipped Atlas 45 pistol and shot the entire 10 rounds as fast as his finger could press on whatever was left of the mannequin; tumbling it over.

"That's how you do it..." He turned around and saw the faces of awe from the ponies, he smirked. With that, he turned back to the mannequins and switched his rifle into fully-automatic, aimed at the one he just shot, and pressed the trigger; unleashing a deadly storm of armor piercing rounds into the mannequin, destroying every piece of armor on it's body and tearing the straws apart. Then a click came from the weapon, signaling it's lack of bullets. With that, Mcknight took out the empty magazines for both weapons and inserted the new ones and flicked the safeties on.

"That was the HBRa3 assault rifle and the Atlas 45 pistol. Both are very stable and accurate." he said with a proud smile "Next up, is another assault rifle in our disposal. John Markusen, you're up!"

With that, John Markusen slung out his IMR assault rifle, and switched the safety off "This is the IMR assault rifle. IMR stands for the Integrated Munitions Rifle; which like you've already heard, prints ammo using a small 3D printer in the stock, called the Formcaster 3D; hence the name. This beast holds thirty 7.62 millimeter 3D printed caseless round." he explained. With that, he aimed at the mannequin next Captain Mcknight's destroyed target practice mannequin and unloaded the entire 30 rounds on the mannequins head, destroying it completely.

He dropped his assault rifle, and swiftly drew his dual MP433 Grachs and unloaded the entire twelve rounds with six-two-round-bursts directly at the mannequin's body armor; creating a lot of small holes in it.

"That was the IMR assault rifle and the MP433 Grach pistols. Both are powerful and very versatile."then he reloaded both weapons.

"Whoa! let's not forget the minorities here." Ramirez said while hoisting his MK14 on his shoulder with his right arm. "This, is the MK14 EBR or the Mark 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle." he said "This is a thirty round 7.62 millimeter selective fire designated marksman rifle which is very effective for ranged and close quarters combat. Like most of our assault rifles,mine is armed with armor-piercing rounds." with that he turned around towards the mannequins, switched the rifle's firing mode to single shot and shot a round to the mannequin's skull; creating a large hole in it. Then he switched to semi-auto and fired a three round burst to the mannequin's torso; creating three holes in it's armor. He switched to fully automatic and emptied his mag on the mannequin; destroying it.

"Aegis, fall in!" Mcknight said, with that the entire Aegis team fell in line and aimed their HBRa3s and IMRs at the mannequins "Pick a target and fire on my mark!"

"All set!" James said.

"Fire!" with that, Aegis fired their assault rifles at their designated targets; unloading their magazines entirely. Shredding of armors and tearing straws apart in the process, after their magazines were emptied they dropped the empty ones and reloaded simultaneously. The ponies were greatly astonished by the destruction the assault rifles caused.

"Next up, is something for close quarters combat. Phantom, you are up!"

"This is the KF5 sub-machine gun." John menendez said as he held his black and white KF5 with both hands for all to see "this bad boy fires 9mm round. Smaller than the 7.62 millimeter round but deadly in close quarters combat. The magazine holds 40 of these bad boys; although mine holds 60 since I am using the extended magazine." He explained. With that, he turned around, flicked the safety off, and shot the entire magazine in full auto mode; sending pieces of gold metal into the air as each bullet impacted the mannequin's body.

"And there you have it..." Menendez smirked, satisfied by his work "Next up, the shotguns..." he said while reloading his KF5 and putting on the ground and taking his S-12 "This is the S-12 shotgun, extremely effective for close quarters combat, and instead of conical projectiles; it shoots out shells like these." he said while showing them a 12 gauge shell "You insert the shells in this magazine. It can hold up to eight shells. This weapon has a bullpup configuration and is fully-automatic." then, he inserted the magazine below the stock, and aimed it to the targets.

"Don't get me wrong, spears and swords are deadly weapons and has some advantage compared to our weapons; but when you can shoot a lot of small metal pellets with a single shot; you might want to reconsider your choice." Menendez said with a shit-eating grin. With that, he walked closer to a mannequin and shot a single round at the mannequin's head at nearly point blank range, making it wobble back and forth ,blowing a half of it's head and sending the remains of the helmet flying. Next, he stepped backwards and unloaded the entire magazine to the mannequin; reducing it into piles of scrap metal and maimed straws.

With a twirl of his hand, Phantom fell in line, picked their targets, and started unloading their SMGs and shotguns. Busting armors and tearing straws in their wake.

"Next, heavy and directed energy weaponry. Hunter, you are up." Gideon said.

Then, Captain Summers stood up and held out his red-dot and laser sight equipped Pytaek machine gun for all to see. "This, my quadruped friends is the Pytaek machine gun. It fires 5.56 millimeter caseless round, one of the most accurate machine gun in our world. Machine guns are designed to lay down heavy suppressing fire to support troops on the battlefield. This large extended magazine holds 150 rounds of these babies. The uniqueness about this gun is it reduces recoil over time if you shoot it subsequently. So, the point is; just keep pumping them lead to your targets." he smirked. Then, he aimed his machine gun at the mannequins and started brutally pumping lead into the mannequins; eradicating twenty mannequins. After realizing he was out of ammo, he dropped the empty one and readied the new one. "And that, ladies and gentlemen was the Pytaek."

"Next up, the EM1 directed energy weapon." with that, one of his men handed him an EM-1. Then he held it with both hands and showed it to the ponies.

"What the hay is that? it doesn't look like any weapons you showed us before." Rainbow commented.

"Because this, my prismatic compatriot is an energy directed weapon which fires super-heated laser beam instead of lead. The EM1 uses battery-powered technology, essentially providing an infinite amount of ammunition. Under prolonged fire, it can be overheated and cause a depletion of the battery, rendering it unusable for a short amount of time. Wait a few seconds and you are ready to go. Our EM-1s are equipped with a modified heat sink so it may fire for a longer period of time compared to the standard EM1." he explained "now, enough talking and lets have some barbecue!"

With that, he aimed his weapon to the mannequins and fired into a mannequin in front of him. As soon as the laser beam hit the armor, the laser cooked the mannequin from inside out in a matter of seconds. Turning the straw body to ash and the golden armor into a melting heap of butter-like metal.

"Next up, the Tac-19 shotgun." Summers said as he drew the Tac-19 from his back "This monster here is not your ordinary shotgun; because instead of metal pellets this shotgun fires shells of highly dangerous energy particles which is capable of obliterating any target." with that, he walked towards a mannequin, pumped the shotgun, and fired it; obliterating the mannequin and sending it's remains flying across the field. "And that, was our energy weaponry. It's a shame we can't show more energy weapons since we were supposed to go on a covert ops mission; not a direct assault." receiving acknowledgements from the others.

Mcknight signaled for his team to fall in, picked their targets, and unloaded their magazines on their designated targets; destroying them completely. Leaving ten mannequins left in the far distance; perfect for sniping targets.

"Next up, the last weapon category of the show; the sniper rifles. Ilona, Bolt. Take the snipers with you." Gideon said.

Hearing this, Bolt,Ilona, and three Sentinel snipers grabbed their rifles respectively and jogged from their seats to the shooting range; setting up their sniping positions.

"Alright, all set." Ilona said as the snipers finished their set-ups; lifting her MORS rifle to her shoulder.

"You wanna go first or should I ?" Bolt asked; adjusting his glasses.

"You go ahead." she said with a friendly tone.

Surprised by her friendliness, Bolt took his Lynx rifle from the ground and held it with both hands for all to see. "This, is a Lynx sniper rifle also known as the GM6 Gepard." he said "This is a bullpup semi-automatic 50 cal. anti-materiel sniper rifle, designed to destroy unarmored or lightly armored targets." then he took off the magazine, removing a NATO .50 BMG round from the magazine and showing it the large round to the ponies, the size of the bullet sent shivers down their spines; very noticeable for the humans.

'Just wait when they lay their eyes on the VTOLs' 25 millimeter round.' Bolt mused to himself. "Very good for hunting." he said with a smirk.

With that, he walked towards his sniping spot; got into prone position, unfolded his rifle's bipod, and aimed for one of the remaining mannequins and pulled the trigger. The .50 BMG round tore through the mannequin's neck, decapitated it, while the round hit the wall behind it.

"That was against an unarmored target, now against an armored target." Bolt said. With that, he set his scope's reticle on the mannequin's chestplate and pulled the trigger one more time; this time the bullet created a large hole on it's surface, wobbling it back and forth. Then, he emptied his entire clip with six successive shots; reducing it into a pile of scrap metal and scattered straws. "And that, was the Lynx." he said with a smile "Ilona, you are up."

Ilona nodded to him with a smile and hoisted her rifle to her shoulder. "This is the MORS sniper rifle." she stated while holding out the rifle with both hands "The MORS is a single-shot bolt-action rail-gun that uses electromagnetism to fire a projectile at blistering speeds, making it very accurate and powerful. An energy directed sniper rifle." she explained. With that, she got into prone position, unfolded the bipod, aimed at a mannequin and took her shot; bursting the mannequin into flames and practically destroying it into nothingness. Startling the ponies.

As fast as lightning, the snipers started to pick their targets one by one; either creating a huge hole on the mannequins' bodies or destroying it into nothingness. But as all scopes were pointed at the last mannequin, a large bang followed by instant obliteration of the mannequin startled everyone and everypony. As the group looked at the sound's source; Joker was standing with his Atlas 20mm sniper rifle with smoke still pouring out of the barrel.

"What the hell man?!" Bolt exclaimed "you stole our kill!" this received supports from his fellow snipers.

"I thought you left that thing back at HQ." Mitchell commented.

"After this thing saved my life when I was hauling my ass to you guys? I think I am gonna keep it." Joker said with a smug smile; holding the huge rifle like his own child.

"Do you mind if we try to fire those things?" Lightning asked. "Just us, the Captains."

"Sure, why not?" Gideon said "go on, pick whatever you like."

With that, Shining Armor picked an IMR, Lightning picked the MORS, and Lone picked up the S-12 shotgun. Then, their horns glowed; creating three mannequins from the scraps. Then the trio levitated their weapons with their magics, aiming them just like the Sentinels did and took their shots with perfect accuracy; despite some small errors here and there, they quickly mastered the weapons as if they have been using it for a long time.

"Fast learning." Ilona commented.

"Ma'am, we are not captains for nothing." Lightning smirked as he returned the rifle to Ilona. Then, a royal chariot landed in the middle of the large field.

"That's our ride, come on Cadance." Shining said as he returned the IMR to Markusen. After saying their goodbyes, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance made their way to the awaiting chariot bound for the Crystal Empire.

"Shining!" Gideon said while jogging towards the two with Mitchell following suit.

"Yes?" Shining replied.

Gideon took his Atlas 45 from his holster with an extra clip and handed it to Shining Armor "As a precaution, but let's just hope you don't have to use this."

Shining took the pistol with his telekinesis and stored it in his red-jacket "Thank you." he smiled.

"Just keep it with you, we don't want our techs to fall into the wrong hands." Gideon said. Shining nodded.

"Take care of them, Gideon. I wish all of you may find peace and harmony here in Equestria." Cadance said with a smile.

"You have my word...our word."


Somewhere in the Everfree Forest, a figure known for his combat skills and battle-hardened experience; an Apex predator, woke up with a grunt. "Where am I?" He asked to no one in particular.

"Is this the afterlife?" He mused as he got up and checked his surroundings, still not convinced of his senses he hit a tree next to him and felt pain on his fist "okay, not the afterlife. But this is obviously not Europe." He concluded. He got up from the ground and examined his weapons scattered around him; which to his surprise, were fully supplied and loaded. Including his signature Werewolf LMG/Shotgun hybrid and RW-1 railgun pistol.Then he brought his hand to his helmet; activating the helmet's built-in comms.

"Squad, this is Apex. Do you read?"

Author's Note:

HO-LLY SH-IT! Finally a new chapter!

More weapons are coming as the story progresses, so don't worry:pinkiehappy:

I have to say, this one is a big chapter; possibly the biggest chapter in my history of writing.

Yeah, my explanations about the weapons, gears, and vehicles are a combination of both real-life and fictive interpretations.

Oh and about the OCs, it seems that you guys sent a lot of good guys and heroes to me which is fine but the thing is; I need more bad guys in the story and I don't limit the OC to be only humans and ponies but griffons, minotaurs, and even dragons are in my book.:twilightsmile:be creative as much as you want people.

Before I let you go, I want to say thank you for all of you who have been supporting and staying with this story. I am sorry it took a long time to upload since I was busy dealing with a lot of school stuffs. But hey I am back now:raritywink:

So, if you like this story hit that thumbs up and star button and please do not hesitate to comment because I love them so much:rainbowwild: