• Published 29th Jan 2015
  • 999 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Pokemon: Heart and Magic - sonicdash123



Join the adventures of Charming Thunder as he sets out on a journey to become a Pokemon Trainer like his sister. His goal? To become the league champion.

  • ...
35
 53
 999

The Journey Begins!!

Charming Thunder woke up and looked at the clock next to him. It was 6:30 in the morning on a Spring. So he got up and stretched his arms, then yawned as he looked out the window to see crystalized houses and a pair of Fletchlings flying above the town. "Today's the big day," he said as he rubbed his eyes. He then turned to see his Lucario still sleeping and walked up to him. He had a Lucario when he was raised with his sister; Cadence, before she ventured on her journey. "Lucario, come on. It's morning." Lucario then yawned as he got up from his nap.

"Is it that time already?" Lucario said through his aura so that his owner can understand him.

"Yes, my friend. Today, I am finally going to obtain a Pokémon or two from Professor Zecora and start my journey as a trainer. Now come on or we'll miss breakfast." Charming Thunder then ran out of his room with Lucario.

---------------------

After Charming Thunder had breakfast, he read a book about legendary Pokémon as he waited for Professor Zecora to depart the Crystal Empire train station and come to him at the palace. He wore a red, short sleeved button shirt with a black shirt under it with a Triforce symbol on it, blue jeans, and a pair of red and black shoes. He tossed up and catches his Poke Ball with his Lucario in it. A knock was heard at the door so he closed his book and walked up to the door to answer it. Waiting on the other side of the door was Luna, his aunt and last member of the Elite Four before facing the champion. "Hello, nephew," she said.

"Aunt Luna?" Charming Thunder said. He was surprised to see her aunt coming. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you before you start your journey to become a trainer. And I didn't come alone." Standing next to Luna was Professor Zecora.

"Greetings, Charming," Zecora said.

"Hello, professor." Luna and Zecora both entered the room and sat down on the couch as Charming Thunder sat in a chair.

"Your quest is about to begin. Just like one of your kin." She then reached into her bag and took out four Poke Balls containing the starter Pokémon. "You may choose two to start your journey. Even though your Lucario won't be enough for what's out there." She then pointed to each Poke Ball as she said the name of the Pokémon inside it. "Charmander, Froaki, Bulbasaur, or Cyndaquil. The choice is yours to make. For that there is no turning back from what you take." Charming Thunder thought a moment for what he wants to choose. He then picked up the Charmander Poke Ball and the Froakie Poke Ball.

"These two will be the ones to help me and my buddy Lucario start my journey," he said.

"Very well," Luna said. "I wish you both luck for that your first Gym Leader is here at the Crystal Empire." The professor then gave him a Pokedex before they took their leave.

"That tool will be helpful when it comes to research. You can also give some information you've found about Pokemon that might not be in the Pokedex so I can update it."

"Thanks, Proffesor Zecora."

"Oh, and one more thing," Luna said before she stepped out of the door. "When you beat the Gym Leader here, go to Ponyville. Your sister is going there to visit you while you are there." When both Luna and the professor left the room, he threw the Poke Balls and both Charmander and Froakie popped out.

"Char!" Charmander said.

"Froa!" Froaki said.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both. Are you ready to start our journey?" Both Charmander and Froakie then jumped in the air in excitement for that Charming Thunder's first gym is in his hometown.

---------------------

As Charming Thunder stepped out of his home, he walked in the direction where the first gym is but he was stopped by a familiar voice. "Well, if it isn't Charming Thunder," Out of the corner of a house came Flash Sentry, his rival from the younger days.

"What do you want, Flash?" Charming Thunder demanded.

"Oh. I just came to see what Pokémon you got from Professor Zecora. Let's have a match unless you are afraid to lose." He then took out a Poke Ball out of his pocket as he said, "Two on two."

"When do you ever learn, Flash." Charming Thunder took out his Poke Ball and threw it. "Go, Charmander."

Charmander came out of the Poke Ball and said, "Char!"

"Let's show my rival what I'm made of. Come on out, Pawniard." Flash's Pawniard came out of his Poke Ball and readied itself for battle.

"Pawniard," it said as its blades flashed. Charming Thunder took out his Pokedex and got information about his opponents Pokémon.

Pawniard: the Sharp Blade Pokémon
Blades comprise this Pokémon's entire body. If battling dulls the blades, it sharpens them on stones by the river.

"Pawniard, start off with a Scratch attack," Flash ordered and Pawniard started to charge at Charmander.

"Dodge that, Charmander," Charming Thunder ordered and Charmander jumped over Pawniard to avoid its attack. "Now use Ember." Charmander releases bolts of fire from its mouth and hits Pawniard and hits it in the back. "Great job, Charmander."

"Char!"

"Pawniard, try to Scratch his Charmander again." Pawniard leapt in the air and readied his left blade and scratched Charmander in the face. "Now Furry Cutter." Pawniard dashed towards Charmander as it repeatedly slashes with its sharp arms.

"Dodge it, Charmander and Scratch." Charmander leapt in the air and scratched Pawniard from behind to the head which caused it to faint.

"Pawniard, return." Pawniard went back into its Poke Ball and Flash puts it away. Charming Thunder did the same for his Charmander and readied his next Pokémon. "Here comes my next one! Chatot, go!" Chatot appeared out of Flash's ball and flew down to the ground.

"Chat!" it said.

"A bird type," Charming Thunder said as he took out his Pokedex.

Chatot: the Music Note Pokémon
Its tongue is just like a human's. As a result, it can cleverly mimic human speech.

"Come on out, Froakie." Charming Thunder's Froakie popped out of his Poke Ball and landed in front of him. "Hit Chatot with Pound." Froakie leapt up in the air and readied its punch.

"Dodge and Peck," Flash ordered as Chatot flew in the air, which made Froakie hit the floor. Chatot then did a U-turn and pecked it in the chest.

"Come on, Froakie. Don't give up." Froakie struggled to get up, but was able to stand. "Now use Bubble." Froakie releases several clear bubbles from its mouth at the opponent's flying Chatot and hits it to the ground which knocks it out. Charming Thunder has won his first battle against his rival.

"Hmph. Not bad, kid. But just wait when I catch more. Oh well. Its a fair game anyway. See ya round, kid." Flash then walks off with Chatot on his shoulder.

"Nice job, Froakie," Charming Thunder said.

"Froa. Froa."

---------------------

Charming Thunder arrives at the Crystal Empire Gym and enters the gym. The lights turned on to reveal the gym leader as she walked down the stairs. She is dressed professionally with a grayish mulberry with a very light magenta polo neck. "I see that another trainer has come to challenge me," she started. "I am Ms. Harshwinny, the gym leader of the Crystal Empire. Unlike my last opponent, he was unprofessional. I hope that you are not like him."

"Maybe I'll prove that to you in battle," Charming Thunder said.

"Very well. Even if you fail, know this lesson; you must maintain a professional attitude and keep your emotions in CHECK!" Charming Thunder sent out his Charmander as Ms. Harshwinny sent out Haunter. He then took out his Pokedex and analyzed its data.

Haunter: the Gas Pokémon
It likes to lurk in the dark and tap shoulders with a gaseous hand. Its touch causes endless shuddering.

"Haunter, start this battle off with a Shadow Ball," Ms. Harshwinny ordered. Haunter's hands glow with a blue aura, then a black ball forms in between its hands and it shot the ball at Charming Thunder's Charmander.

Charmander dodged without a warning as Charming Thunder ordered, "Use Ember." Charmander fired bolts of fire from its mouth and impacted Haunter. Haunter landed on the ground, but managed to get up.

"Impressive. But not good enough. Haunter, Lick." Haunter flew in front of Charmander and extends its tongue and licks it. Charmander wiped off the saliva that was now all over it and got angry.

"Use Flamethrower," Charming Thunder ordered. Charmander released a red-orange stream of fire from its mouth and impacts on Haunter's face. The Haunter coughed up some smoke and gained its own angry look.

"Now Flamethrower again!"Charmander readied the flame in its mouth for attack.

"Double Team." Suddenly there was a dozen of the ghost-types surrounding Charmander, with only one being real.

"Char!" Charmander frantically looked around to see if there was any way of knowing which one was real. Just then, one of them flew forward to attack Charmander.

"There, that one!" Charming Thunder pointed at the one lunging forward and Charmander fired its Flamethrower at it, but it vanished when hit. "Oh no." His eyes widened.

"Shadow ball!" The fire- type got hit by the attack that came from it's left. It was lying on the ground, but was still able to just get up.

"You alright?" Charming Thunder asked his Pokemon, and it gave a cry of determination in response. "That's the spirit, now let's show her what we're made of!"

"Now Shadow Claw." Haunter floated forward towards Charmander, it's hand glowing black and purple.

"Counter with Metal Claw!" Charmander's hands became silver, and the two attacks collided, which resulted as both the Pokemon being pushed back, but Charmander had clearly put more energy into the attack than it's opponent.

"Hang in there, Charmander!" He called out."That Haunter is tricky." He thought to himself. "How will I beat that thing?"

"Use Double Team and then Shadow Ball!" Once again there were a lot of Haunters flying around and each one was firing shadow balls at Charmander, who was forced to dodge each and every one to avoid getting hit.

"Flamethrower!" The fire- type show it's fire at each of them, getting rid of the copies one by one until there was only one left.

"Lick." She said as her Haunter lunged for Charmander with it's tongue out.

"That's it!" Charming Thunder thought. "Grab it's tongue, Charmander!"

"Haunt?" The ghost- type's eyes widened as Charmander held it's giant tongue tongue and wouldn't let go.

"Now Flamethrower!" Charmander took a huge breath and it's exhale was filled with nothing but fire. Once it was over, Haunter was completely scorched. If puffed out some smoke before it fell over and fainted. It then returned to Harshwhinny's Poke Ball as she grabbed her next one.

"Go, Arbok," she said as she threw it.

"Arbok," it said.

"Charmander, hit Arbok with an Ember," Charming Thunder ordered as Charmander leapt in the air and releases a red-orange stream of fire from its mouth and hits Arbok but did a little bit of damage to it. "Now use Flamethrower." Charmander fired bolts of fire from its mouth.

"Dodge it." Arbok leapt in the air as Ms. Harshwhinny ordered its next attack. "Now use Poison Sting." Arbok opens its mouth and fires multiple white darts from its mouth at Charmander. it then got hit and impacts to the ground. "Bite." Arbok bites down on Charmander's belly and threw it by swinging its head and releasing it. When Charmander got up, it started to glow purple and felt pain.

"You're poisoned," Charming Thunder said.

"Finish it off with Venoshock." Arbok shoots out purple blob from its mouth and knocks out Charmander.

"Return." Charmander was returned to the Poke Ball and Charming Thunder took out his next one. "Go, Froakie." Froakie came out in the air and landed on the ground.

"Froa," It said.

"Be careful, that Arbok's tough." He told his Pokemon. "It took out Charmander in just a couple of moves."

"Use Bubble." Froakie leapt in the air and releases several clear bubbles from its mouth at the opponent's Arbok. Arbok got hit by the bubbles but it did very little. "Now finish it off with a Pound." Froakie's hands glowed white and strikes Arbok in the face , which pushed it back a little.

"Thunder Fang." Arbok's teeth glowed yellow with sparks flying from it's mouth. Before Froakie could get back, it was bitten by Arbok with a super- effective move.

"Thunder Fang again." It's teeth began to again as it lunged for Froakie.

"Quick, Water Pulse." Froakie shot the Water Pulse into Arbok's mouth, and was strengthened by the Thunder Fang.

"Poison Sting." Arbok then let out a barrage of poisonous needles which all hit Froakie, who luckily wasn't poisoned.

"Bubble!" Froakie shot the bubbles at Arbok and jumped back.

"Froakie, I just got an idea..." Charming Thunder said quietly to Froakie.

"Venoshock!" Arbok shot the stream of gunk at the water- type.

"Double Team!" Thunder called out, and multiple Froakies ran towards Arbok.

"Now Water Pulse!" One of them came up from behind with a Water Pulse ready in it's hands.

"Behind you Arbok, use Thunder Fang." Arbok quickly turned around and snapped it's teeth at Froakie with the electricity dancing, but it vanished, and it was too late when Arbok turned around again. It fainted

"Very clever, using my own strategy against me like that." Ms. Harshwhinny said as Arbok returned to her Poke Ball and grabbed her second to last Poke Ball. "Let's wrap this up. Go, Scolipede." Scolipede unrolled itself and stood on its legs.

"Scolipede!" It roared as Charming Thunder grabbed his Pokedex.

Scolipede: the Megapede Pokémon
It clasps its prey with the claws on its neck until it stops moving. Then it finishes it off with deadly poison.

"Hit that Froakie with a Poison Tail," Ms. Harshwhinny ordered. Scolipede's tails glow purple and swung at Froakie. Froakie got hit by its tail and landed on its feet, but it's body began to glow purple as well. "Now Venoshock." Scolipede shot Froakie with the stream of poisonous gunk as the damage was evident.

"Pound!" Froakie's hands glowed white as it quickly went for Scolipede.

"Dodge it." Scolipede simply moved it's head out of the way.

"Megahorn." Scolipede's horns lit up as it rammed into Froakie.

"Water Pulse!" The water pulse built up i Froakie's hands as it directly hit Scolipede.

"Pound!" Froakie hit Scolipede again.

"Now hit it with a Rollout." Scolipede jumped into the air and span towards the opponent with incredible speed and power.

"Dodge it, buddy." Froakie jumped in the air over the rolled up Scolipede and lands to the ground.

"Oh, he's not done yet." Saying that made Charming Thunder notice that Scolipede did a U-turn and rolled towards Froakie from behind.

"Watch out." It was too late. Froakie got hit in the back by Scolipede's rollout and fainted. "Return." Froakie returned to its Poke Ball and Charming Thunder looked at the Poke Ball as he said, "You did your best."

"Ready to give up, boy? I just took out two of your Pokémon."

"Not yet. I still have one more." Charming Thunder grabbed his last Poke Ball and threw it. "Come out, Lucario." Lucario came out of the Poke Ball and rolled in the air then landed perfectly on the ground.

Ms. Harshwhinny was surprised to see a Lucario and thought to herself, "How does he already have a Lucario. Unless..."

"Get your head in the game. That is not a way to a professional is it?"

Ms. Harshwhinny cleared her throat and fixed herself. "Oh, um... right."

"Now then. Lucario, hit Scolipede with Metal Claw." The spikes on the top of Lucario's paws glow white and they grow, transforming into three claws. Lucario then slashes the opponent's Scolipede with them.

"Megahorn." Scolipede charged forward with it's horns glowing.

"Grab it's horns!" Scolipede was stopped as Lucario was trying to stop the giant bug with it's own paws.

"Throw Lucario up in the air." Lucario's eye widened as it was flung in the air by Scolipede, ow completely open.

"Now Megahorn again." The attack hit Lucario in the stomach as it came down.

"Bone Rush!" Two bones appeared in Lucario's paws, ad used them to coonstantly hit Scolipede, never letting up.

"Now Rollout." Scolipede curled up into a ball and rolled into Lucario, who was got hit by the attack twice.

"Aura Sphere!" Lucario fired the attack, but it missed, as Scolipede's rollout was getting stronger and faster every second.

"Metal Claw, and give it all you've got!" Lucario's paws began to glow silver as it ran right into Scolipede, and both of them were trying to overpower the other in this deciding strike on who was the one to faint. It was a struggle, but Lucario blew Scolipede back. It then landed back in front of Charming Thunder as Scolipede fainted to the ground.

"Impossible." Scolipede returned to the Poke Ball then Ms. Harshwhinny grabbed her last Poke Ball and threw it. "Go, Drifblim."

"Blim!!" It said as it floated in the air.

"Okay Lucario, Aura Sphere!" Lucario shot the sphere at Drifblim, who didn't move a muscle. The sphere went right through it.

"Fighting-type moves don't affect ghost- types, did you forget that, Mr. Thunder?"

"I always forget that when it comes to Aura Sphere." Charming Thunder thought to himself. "Maybe it's because Aura Sphere is one of the few fighting- type special attacks."

"Now Drifblim, use Ominous WInd." Drifblim hovered up and blew a purple wind at Lucario, who struggled not to get blown back.

"Now Acrobatics!" Drifblim gained a lot of speed, and hit Lucario.

"Metal Claw!" Lucario quickly went for Drifblim while it was close, and struck it with it's shining paws.

"Fly up and use Ominous Wind again!" The wind blew again but Lucario stood it's ground.

"Not only Drifblim is a ghost and flying type, but it can know psychic type moves as well. Like Psychic!!" Drifblim's eyes glow light blue and the Lucario becomes surrounded in light blue. Drifblim lifted Lucario in the air and threw him to a wall.

"Hmm. Clever, but my Lucario knows ghost type moves as well. Like Shadow Ball!!" Out of the smoke came a purple ball heading towards Drifblim.

"Dodge it." Drifblim easily moved out of the way as the Shadow Ball hit the ceiling.

"I've got to get close to that thing or else I'll never beat it." He thought. "Lucario, run up the walls!" Lucario nodded as it increased it's speed and ran ran as fast as it can up the walls.

"Now jump and use Shadow Ball!" The purple ball began to materialise in Lucario's paw and it was ready to strike.

"Hypnosis." Drifblim looked Lucario in the eyes and the fighting-type fell down.

"Wake up, Lucario!" Charming Thunder shouted.

"Keep your emotions in check, boy," Harshwhinny reminded him. "Now use Acrobatics, Drifblim!" Now that Drifblim could get close, it used the flying-type move from repeatedly, hitting Lucario from every angle and getting it damaged. It went in for another one but Lucario opened it's eyes.

"Use Shadow Ball!" While Drifblim was close, Lucario fired the ball as it hit Drifblim square in the face and blew it back.

"Psychic." Lucario was slammed into a wall again.

"Use Shadow Ball then jump off of the walls again." Lucario shot the purple ball at Drifblim then ran up the walls and jumped off them again.

"Dodge." Drifblim dodged the Shadow Ball but Lucario was already right behind it.

"Quick, Psychic!" Drifblim was only just able to catch Lucario.

"Shadow Ball." Drifblim before Drifblim could throw Lucario back, the purple ball materialised in Lucario's paws and fired. Drifblim then impacted to the ground and got knocked out. "The match has come to a close. Good job, Lucario." Lucario returned to its Poke Ball as Charming Thunder walked up to Ms. Harshwhinny. "I hope that is accepted to perfection."

"Acceptable? Acceptable? Why...it was totally stupendously the single most amazing thing I've ever seen."

"You may have some excitement, Ms. Harshwhinny. But you forgot one thing."

"And what's that?"

"Professionalism." Ms. Harshwhinny thought for a moment and realized that he was right.

"Oh yes. Well...I...er. Heh heh." She then cleared her throat and continued. "Anyways, as a winner of the gym battle, it is my honor to give you the Professionalism Badge." She then took out the badge that looks like two hands shaking. One hand was blue as the other was white. Charming Thunder then puts the badge in the first slot of his badge case and puts it back in his bag. "And if I may ask; where did you get that Lucario of yours?"

"My sister; Cadence gave him to me as a gift before she left for her journey. That is why I have started my journey as well. To find my sister and hopefully show her my skills as a trainer. Why?"

"I happen to know her when I battled her. Anyways, I wish you luck with your quest. For that the next gym is at Ponyville. You can go there by taking a train to the town. If you ever see your sister, tell her I said hi."

"Thanks." Charming Thunder walked out of the gym and headed straight to the train station to travel straight to Ponyville. His journey has finally begun. He then looked up in the sky as he said to himself, "My next stop is Ponyville. That's where Cadence is meeting me at."