• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,252 Views, 142 Comments

New Year's Kiss - Luvbuttonmash



Pinkie and Cheese plan a New Years Eve party

  • ...
7
 142
 3,252

Chapter 9

As Pinkie and Cheese waited for someone to come and get them, they ate some snacks Cheese put in his bag. Pinkie was getting nervous being around Cheese alone. She has done it before and never felt nervous about it, but this time she was. It felt weird to her. She kept looking at Cheese until he started to look at her. The only noise in the room was the sound of chips being crunched by teeth.

"So Cheesie, we gotta go to the flower shop so we can get some roses," Pinkie said with her mouth full of chips.

"Where would we put them? On a table?" Cheese asked.

"Well, I was thinking about what you said about New Years Eve being so romantic and," Pinkie said,"And I wanted to create a romantic area on the balcony."

"Oh," Cheese said, putting his chip bag down."Well, what did you have in mind, exactly?"

"Rarity suggested that we should decorate it with roses and hearts so, you know, it would be romantic when someone kisses another person," Pinkie said.

"Well, that is pretty romantic," Cheese said. Then it was silent again. Only the clock on the wall made noise. They both just stared at the outside. It started to rain. Hard.

"Hey Cheese, you got an umbrella?" Pinkie asked nervously.

"It's in my trunk," Cheese said, looking at his car. It started thundering and lightning shot through the skies. Pinkie wasn't at all scared until she could've sworn she felt a shake. After another flash of lightning shot throught the sky, she quickly grabbed on to Cheese and turned her face away from the doors.

So this is what a hug from a boy feels like, Pinkie thought to herself. Cheese let his arm grab on to her waist.

I think I like it, she thought.

"Hey Cheesie?" Pinkie said.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever been kissed before?" Pinkie asked.

"Well..um..yeah I have," Cheese said quietly.

"Can you tell me about it?" Pinkie asked.

"Huh?"

"You know..whether you liked it or not, when was it, who was it, where was it. Just details about it," Pinkie said, her eyes looking at Cheese's.

"Well, it was at a middle school dance. I was 13 then. Her name was Rodacious. And I thought the kiss was...okay. Nothing spectacular or anything," Cheese said.

"Oh. That's nice," Pinkie said. It was quiet, again. Rarity should be coming back any minute now. Five minutes passed by when Cheese spoke again.

"Hey Pinkie," Cheese said.

"Yeah?" Pinkie asked, sitting up straight.

"Ever had your first kiss?" He asked.

"Well, no,"Pinkie said, looking down on the floor."I never thought of kisses or hugs from other boys, unlike other teenagers do. It's just not in my nature. I didn't even know what romance meant until Rarity told me a few hours ago! And besides, I have so mamy friends that I don't like like that so, yeah."

"So you don't have a crush on anyone?" Cheese asked.

"I wouldn't say that," Pinkie said, watching her thumbs twirl around back and forth.

"So you do have a crush," Cheese said.

"I'll tell you this much. Maybe," Pinkie said, smiling.

"You gotta tell me who," Cheese said.

"I'm keeping my lips sealed," Pinkie said, zipping her lips shut.

"Come on. Please?" Cheese begged, but Pinkie shook her head.

"Pleeaasse?" Cheese asked. He had puppy eyes and his bottom lip puckered out.

"Fine, I'll tell you. I just can't can't say no to that face. It's-" Just then, there was a knock at the door. Both turned around to Rarity in a raincoat holding an umbrella. She waved at both of them and to a bobby pin out of her hair. She put it inside of the lock, twisted it to the correct side, and the door instantly popped open.

"Saved by the knock," Pinkie whispered.

"Well, this was an awkward situation, now wasn't it?" Rarity said, and she put the bobby pin back in place."Come on you two. It's almost eight o'clock and I have dresses to make."

The three came out of the doors and went to their cars. On their way home, Cheese brought up that question again.

"So, who's your crush?" Cheese asked.

"Sorry, my lips are sealed again. Can't tell," Pinkie zipped up her lips again and looked straight at the road.

"No fair! you said you would tell me," Cheese said, pouting.

"That time has passed. Now we must go home and eat dinner," Pinkie said, slightly smiling.

Cheese sighed." Fine, but I will get it out of you."

"I would love to see you try," Pinkie smirked. Cheese stopped the car.

"Hey! Don't kick me out of the car!" Pinkie said, frowning.

"But this is your home," Cheese said, pointing at the window. Pinkie looked out of it to see her comfy yet bland home sitting on the ground.

"Oh, sorry," Pinkie said. She got out the car and held her bookbag over her head."See ya, Cheesie!"

"Bye!" Cheese said. He waited until Pinkie was in the house to drive off.

"What a day," Cheese said, and he sighed. He drove to a fast food restaurant and got a cheeseburger with fries and some water, then he was on his way home himself.

Yet, while he was eating, he still could not stop thinking about the pink-haired girl that he always seemed to hang around with.