• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,241 Views, 142 Comments

New Year's Kiss - Luvbuttonmash



Pinkie and Cheese plan a New Years Eve party

  • ...
7
 142
 3,241

Chapter 17

"Do you think she'll like it, Flash?" Cheese asked. After him and Pinkie were finished with the decorations for the ball, he decided to go to the only guy friend he had who knew Pinkie Pie. Right now they were on his computer in his room, trying to find the perfect present for her.


"You gotta change the color,"Flash said," she loves pink."

"But they don't have pink. All they have is blue and red," Cheese said, clicking the colors on the screen.

"Well, at least the blue one has streaks of pink. Buy that one," Flash said, pointing at the screen. Cheese clicked the 'Buy' button, and put in the correct information to buy it.

"500 dollars? That's a lot for a Christmas present," Flash said.

"Eh, she's worth it," Cheese said, exiting the website and turning off the computer. He got up from the chair and sat on his bed."Thanks for lending me your computer."

"No prob. So you really like Pinkie?" He asked, sitting next to him. His cheeks rose to a bright red.

"N-no. I'm just buying this for her because she's my friend," Cheese said, scratching his head.

"Oh, so did you buy me a new phone?" Flash asked with a side smile.

"No," Cheese said. Flash frowned.

"But I'm your friend, am I not?" He asked.

"Yeah, but she's the friend Inalways hang out with. Besides, she's buying me a new accordion so, it's like equal payment."

"Yeah, okay. But that doesn't explain the blush on your face. If it's not Pinkie," Flash scooted farther away from him. Cheese waved his hand at him and shook his head.

"Dude, I don't go that way," Cheese said,"It's just..." He laid back on his bed."It's just that I think she's sorta..cute. And her bubbly personality makes me smile every time I see her. Is weird that I like someone like her?"

"Of course not. It's normal. And I think you're perfect for Pinkie. It's nice that someone can understand her...uniqueness," Flash said.

"You really think so?" He asked, sitting up. Flash out his hand on his shoulder.

"I know so."


"Oke-doke-loke!" Pinkie said as she walked out of the shop with 20 presents for her closest friends. As much as she wanted to give everyone in the world what they wanted for Christmas, there was just not enough money for it. APPARENTLY there are more people in the world than what she had in her bank account. She argued with the cashier playfully, trying to ask what she wanted for the upcoming holiday, but, of course, she wouldn't tell her. Something about 'it wasn't any of her business' and 'stop worrying about my life.' As much as she questioned her, it only made her more stubborn than before. She decided to just leave it alone and think that she didn't want anything for Christmas.

"What a meanie pants," Pinkie said, carrying the presents to Maud's car. She put them in her trunk and drove off. She turned the radio on to a pop station and sang along to the lyrics.

"Take my heart and don't let go, make my dreams come true if so!" She sang aloud, doing a little dance to the song. She turned the volume up, and sang louder.

"You can be miiinnne, only if you tryyyyy!
I know that this is destiny,
Cuz you're destined to be with me!" She sang with all her heart.

The song was over, and she turned the radio back down to a minimum as the radio commercials started to become clear. She stopped at a red light, almost missing it. The things she put in her trunk jumped over to the backseat of the car. She turned back to make sure nothing was damaged, sighed of relief, and turned back around, starting the car again. Another song was on.

"You know, you know you gotta have a chance now!" She started to sing again.


"I'm home, sis!" Pinkie yelled in the house, carrying the remaining bags inside with her, she sat them down on the floor and went to the closet, getting wrapping paper to wrap up the presents. As she was doing so in the living room, Maud came out with matching gray shorts and shirt.

"Pinkie Pie, what are you doing?" She asked blandly, taking her pet rock to the kitchen.

"Just wrapping up the presents for Christmas! Oh! And I got the PERFECT present for you!" Pinkie said, wrapping up a red violin with snowman wrapping paper.

"Really? What is it? Is it rocks?" Maud asked, seeming to already know the answer.

"You could say that," she said. She grabbed a piece of tape and stuck it on the paper, sealing it carefully and putting it under the Christmas tree nearby.

"So, if it's not rocks, what is it?" She asked, grabbing a box of cracker from the cabinet.

"I can't tell you, silly! You have to wait until Christmas comes. That's how it works," Pinkie said, wrapping up a baseball bat.

"Okay. I won't ask anymore," she replied, rolling her eyes and dumping the crackers all over the rock she was holding. Maud closed the box and put it back on the counter, not bothering to clean up the news she made. She knew that one of her sisters would clean it up. She walked back into her room with her pet rock, leaving Pinkie Pie all alone with a bunch of unwrapped presents.

"This, is gonna take a while," she said to herself, and finished wrapping the baseball bat, placing it under the tree with the rest of the wrapped presents.

Author's Note:

So no romance in this chapter really.
Or was it?

*cough**cough*symbolism*cough**cough*