• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,252 Views, 142 Comments

New Year's Kiss - Luvbuttonmash



Pinkie and Cheese plan a New Years Eve party

  • ...
7
 142
 3,252

Chapter 2

"Okay Cheesie. What do you think the color scheme should be?" Pinkie said. The two have been in the library for an hour now, telling each other funny jokes and laughing quietly.

"Hmm..Well, I thought since it's the end of the year, we should go bold. Nothing clichéd like that gold,silver and black type of party," Cheese replied, drawing on a notebook.

"So it should be-"

"Orange-themed!" Pinkie said, and Cheese just looked at her. "You don't like it?"

"It's like you read my mind," he replied.

"I have a sense of these things. I call Pinkie Sense," Pinkie said.

"Really?! I thought I was the only one who had those! Only I call it Cheesy Sense," Cheese said excitedly.

"Wow! That's awesome. But we need another color. I think it should be-"

"Purple?" Cheese questioned.

"Yep," Pinkie said, "purple it is. So now that we have the color scheme, we need come up with a real theme."

The two thought of what their theme should be. An invisible lightbulb popped on top of Pinkie's head.

"I GOT IT!" She yelled, and the librarian told her to be quiet.

"Oops. Sorry," she said in a whisper.

"So what did you come up with?" Cheese asked.

"Okay. So I'm thinking it should be something fancy to start off the new year. So, the theme should be, as Rarity would call it, New Year Chic!" Pinkie yelled again. This time the librarian gave her a stern warning.

"Ooh. Very fancy," Cheese said in a fake voice, and Pinkie giggled.

"Let's get started on the invitations. It's almost seven thirty and I'm hungry. You don't want to talk to a cranky girl, do you?" Pinkie said, and they both started on the invitations. They quickly did each one of them, Pinkie Pie telling him the names to write down. After five minutes, they were done.

"Well, should we mail these out?" Cheese asked.

"Not yet. I'll let you know when to mail them out," Pinkie said, and she stuffed the invitations neatly into her bag.

"So we're done here," Cheese said.

"Yep, for now. You wanna grab something to eat?" Pinkie asked him.

"Sure," he said. They walked out of the library, then Pinkie started to skip towards their next destination.

"C'mon Cheesie! Stop being a slowpoke!" Pinkie yelled. Cheese was approximately six feet away from her. "Race you to Sugarcube Corner!"

"You're on!" Cheese said, and they both raced to the little bakery.

From flips to zooming to the place, Pinkie was the one who won.

"Good race, Cheesie! You were one second away from beating me!" Pinkie said.

"You had a head start! I'll win next time!" Cheese said, and they both went inside.

"Hi Mrs.Cake! I'll take your finest lemon-berry muffin surprise, please!" Pinkie said.

"I'll get that for you dear. And what about you, young man?" She asked. He was still looking at the menu.

"A cotton candy sugar cupcake," he said.

"Ooh! My favorite!" Pinkie squealed.

"Coming right up!" Mrs.Cake said, and she disappeared into the other room. Cheese and Pinkie sat down at the table next to the window.

"Meet me tomorrow at the gym after school," Pinkie said,"I'll bring the balloons, you bring the streamers. That's what we'll start off with. Then, we can imagine where everything will go."

"Okay. I'll meet you there," Cheese said.

"Here you go," Mrs.Cake said, serving the cupcake and muffin they ordered. They both ate it in two bites.

"Well someone's hungry," Mrs.Cake said.

After a few minutes of planning their schedule, they said their goodbyes and walked to the directions of the their homes.


"Well that was somethin'" Applejack said with a raised eyebrow.

"A 'Cheesy Sense'? What in the world is that supposed to be?" Rainbow questioned.

All four of the girls were standing at a safe distance away from two crazy people.

"This is really weird. How can he," Rarity pointed out at Cheese Sandwich,"be her?" Her finger moved to Pinkie Pie."We simply cannot have two crazy party people! Do you know what could happen?!"

"I think that it's nice Pinkie found someone that can connect to her level of crazy," Fluttershy said in a soft voice. Everyone looked back at her, and she sat down and hid in her arms.

"Maybe we should stop following them and act normal. As if we didn't see a thing or know anything about Cheese. After all, he seems like a nice boy," Rarity suggested.

"Alright fine. I gotta go home anyway. Granny Smith's bakin' some zap apple pie and I want a piece," Applejack said.

"Okay," Rainbow said,"it's nine anyways. I gotta go too."

"Bye girls! Me and Fluttershy will stay a little longer," Rarity shouted.

"Um, okay," Rainbow said. She grabbed her soccer ball from off the ground and left.

"Now Fluttershy, you know that we are not done spying on them right?"

"But you said that we were," Fluttershy replied.

"That was just a little white lie. You know I can't resist this, right?"

"Right."

"Good. So you will help me with Pinkie Pie, my friend." Rarity said, and Fluttershy nodded. She knew that Rarity had to do this.

She was playing matchmaker again.

"And this time, she will get her man," Rarity said.

"Oh no," Fluttershy said.