• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,240 Views, 142 Comments

New Year's Kiss - Luvbuttonmash



Pinkie and Cheese plan a New Years Eve party

  • ...
7
 142
 3,240

Chapter 5

2 hours later, Cheese woke up from his nap to see Pinkie still snuggled on his lap. He yawned and looked at the beautiful sunset outside of the garage. It was only 5 o'clock in the evening. He laid his arm on Pinkie's, using the other one to check his phone for any messages. It was only his mother saying to come home in an hour. He looked at the time it was sent.

"Eh, I got thirty minutes," he said to himself. He sat his phone down on the floor and stared at the colorful sky and sun.

"It's nothing like home," a bland voice said. Cheese jumped a little. He studied around to see a gray-skinned girl with real eyes, purple hair, and a dark blue dress with a black belt around it.

"Who are you?" Cheese asked the motionless creature.

"Pinkie Pie's sister, Maud Pie," she said in the same emotionless voice.

"Oh, I didn't know Pinkie had a sister," he said.

"She actually has three. I seem to be her favorite," Maud said,"she seems to be pretty fond of you."

"Really?" Cheese asked.

"Yeah. I know Pinkie thinks I don't listen to her, but even though that doesn't stop her from talking, she talks about you a lot," Maud said, walking closer to the other two teenagers.

"Oh...what does she say about me?" Cheese said.

"Well, she says that you're energetic and always ready to take a challenge. She thinks you're awesome playing the accordion, and she believes you're the perfect helper for the party she's planning," she said in the same voice.

"Oh. Well that's a nice thing to say," Cheese said.

"I think so to," Maud said,"well, I have to go and finish my homework. And Boulder really wants those crackers, and I have to get them to him. See you later, Cheese."

"Bye," he said. Before she left, though, she told him one more thing.

"Don't tell Pinkie I told you this, but she also thinks you're pretty cute," she said, and then she was no longer in their presence. Cheese blushed real hard at that statement, looking at Pinkie Pie, she still sleeping on his lap like an angel. He tapped her on the shoulder lightly, hoping that would wake her up. She shot right up to sitting position.

"W-wha?" She murmured.

"Pinkie, I gotta go," Cheese said, his face still blushing.

"Why? Everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. My mom just wants me home," Cheese said.

"You're sure about that? Because your face is getting red. Are you coming down with something?" Pinkie asked, concerned.

Cheese was even more nervous. He blushed harder. "Nah, I'll just go now," he got up and walked out of the garage.

"Bye Cheesie!" Pinkie yelled.

"Bye Pinkie!" Cheese said nervously. When he was out of sight, Pinkie got up as well, only to see that Cheese's phone was still on the floor. She picked it up and tried to find Cheese, but he was no where in sight. She checked his phone to see what time it was, only to see that the wallpaper was a picture that Cheese took of both of them making silly faces. Pinkie felt the same flow of redness flush across her face.

"How nice," she said. She put the phone in her pocket and walked through the door leading to her house.


Pinkie was on her bed, thinking of more ideas for the upcoming party. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Pinkie said in her cheerful voice.

The person revealed herself and walked into the room. Pinkie Pie looked up from her notepad.

"Oh, hi Maud!" Pinkie said.

"Mom wants you to help her start decorating the house for Thanksgiving. She knows how you like decorating,"Maud said in her usual bland voice.

"Oke-doke-lokey!" Pinkie said, and she got up from her bed. She went to the closet where she kept all of her decorations for different occasions. Rarity organized it last time she was here, but it started to get cluttered again. Pinkie searched around for the particular set of Thanksgiving supplies and started to work, which only took about five minutes. After she was done, her curls were partly covered in smoke, mostly because she was cleaning up the ashes from the fire in the fireplace. She wiped her sweat from her forehead, and decided she needed to wash her hair. As she was drying it off, Maud came in the bathroom with a phone in her hand.

"Isn't this Cheese's phone?" Maud asked.

"Yeah. How'd you know?" Pinkie asked, shaking her head to get the rest of the water out.

"I talked to him earlier while you were sleeping on his lap," she replied.

"What we're you guys talking about?" Pinkie asked, stepping out of the bathroom and into her room.

"Oh, just about the sunset," Maud said, rolling her eyes.

"Is that all?" Pinkie asked, looking at her questionably.

"Yep, pretty much," Maud said. Pinkie squinted her eyes at her sister, and then she let it go. Whatever Maud was hiding probably was for a good reason.

"Okay," she said suspiciously. Maud threw the phone back on Pinkie's bed and walked out of the room. After a few minutes of jotting stuff down in her note pad, she decided to call it a night and put it on the dresser. She climbed into her bed and shut the lights off. The only thing illuminating the room was Pinkie holding Cheese's phone, her looking at the picture and smiling. She sat the phone down on the dresser and fell asleep, making sure that was the last thing she saw.