• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,252 Views, 142 Comments

New Year's Kiss - Luvbuttonmash



Pinkie and Cheese plan a New Years Eve party

  • ...
7
 142
 3,252

Chapter 8

"Oh! I mean, 'sup," Pinkie said, her arm resting on Cheese's shoulder. She slipped, again, and Cheese caught her, again.

"Um, you texted me darling, remember?" Rarity said, holding out her phone.

"Oh! Right. Hey Cheesie, can you get the decorations from the car? I gotta talk to Rarity for a sec," Pinkie asked.

"Sure!" Cheese left out of the building to get all of the supplies to decorate the ballroom.

"Pinkie Pie! WHAT in the world were you thinking?!" Rarity slightly yelled at her, which startled Pinkie.

"What do you mean? We were just feet skating," Pinkie said, sliding over to Rarity.

"What I mean is, you were just about to kiss Cheese!" Rarity said.

"What? No I wasn't," Pinkie said, scratching her head.

"Then why did you text me?" Rarity asked.

"Because, um, I honestly forgot why."

"Listen, Pinkie. I promised Fluttershy that I wouldn't meddle in you and Cheese's relationship. So of this is about-"

"Wh-what relationship? We don't have a relationship! Unless of course you mean friends then otherwise MAYBE but yeah that's pretty much it. It's not like we're dating or anything. That would be ridiculous! I don't like him, well not like that. I mean it could happen but I did mention to my sister that he was- that doesn't matter! What matters is the party and I want the party to have a sorta fun setting but a romantic setting so what I'm asking is..." she sighed,"What is exactly romance?"

Rarity stared at Pinkie as if she just had a seizure."What?"

"Well, Cheese said that New Year's Eve is one of the most romantic nights of the year. Lots fo people propose to their "significant other," or they kiss once the clock strikes twelve for the new year. I want to create that kind of setting for one of the balconies," Pinkie said.

"Well, this is a rather beautiful place. And I think that you should create a romantic setting but, how could you not know what romance is?" Rarity asked.

"Well, I..never had it," Pinkie said quietly, looking down at the floor.

"YOU HAVEN'T?!" Rarity said in shock. She fainted right after Pinkie prepared to catch her from her fall. She rose up again to her feet and hugged Pinkie.

"You've never had a date?" Rarity asked. Pinkie shook her head.

"A hug from a teenage boy?" Pinkie shook her head again.

"A kiss?" Rarity asked. Pinkie shook her head a third time.

"Oh you poor baby!" Rarity hugged her tight again. Just then, Cheese came back from the car and set all the stuff down from the floor.

"I got all the-" Cheese looked at Rarity and Pinkie hugging."Uhh," he said nervously.

Rarity turned around to see Cheese staring at them."Oh! Everything's okay, darling. Just some girl talk, that's all." Rarity stopped hugging Pinkie and smiled."I guess I will see you guys later. Oh, and Pinkie, if you want to make things romantic around the balcony, try getting some roses and those heart-shaped flowers I saw at the flower shop. But be careful, though. They cost a lot of money. It's supposed to give you your heart's desire. Toodles!" Rarity walked to the direction of Cheese and whispered,"Take care of her."

"Wha?" Cheese quietly asked himself. And then she was out the door.

"So, um, we should really get the decorations up now!" Pinkie said.

"Yeah!" Cheese grabbed some streamers and threw it at Pinkie, along with some tape. She caught it and started to hange them up in between windows, twisting them all the while. Cheese did the other side until the both met the ends of the walls. Then they started the walls up high. Grabbing ladders that reached the limit, they did the same thing that they did before. Then they started on the balloons. Both of them blew balloon uo and tied them together, keeping them down by stuffing them in a heavy trash can. After blowing all of the balloons up, Pinkie scattered them in the air, making sure it covered wall to wall. After they were done, they sat down on the chairs.

"That, took a lot. I think I'm out of breath fron blowing all of those balloons, Pinks," Cheese said, laughing.

"Yeah. Maybe it's time to call it a day. Ready to go?" Pinkie asked Cheese.

"Yeah, I'm ready," Cheese said. They got out of the seats and and headed out the door. But the door wouldn't open.

"Um, Cheese, you got the keys, right?" Pinkie asked nervously.

" Yeah, they're right here," Cheese took the keys out of his pocket and tried to unlock the door. It wouldn't unlock.

"Uh-oh," Cheese said.

"What do you mean uh-oh?" Pinkie asked, feeling even more nervojs than before.

"Lock's jammed. We're stuck in here," Cheese said. Pinkie's stomach started to growl.

"But I'm hungry," Pinkie said, starting to get scared.

"Don't worry. We still have our phones, right?" Cheese took out his phone and tried to turn it on, but it was dead.

"Oh no," Pinkie quickly took out her phone and turned it on. It only had 10% left on it."Okay. I'll call for help. I have enough battery to call for help."

"Good. And I have some chips we can snack on while we wait!" Cheese said, digging through his bag to find them. Pinkie sat down on the desk and looked for numbers to call.

"Please don't tell me we're gonna be stuck here! Especially since anything can happen." Pinkie looked at Cheese digging in his bag for chips.

"Anything."