• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,250 Views, 142 Comments

New Year's Kiss - Luvbuttonmash



Pinkie and Cheese plan a New Years Eve party

  • ...
7
 142
 3,250

Chapter 4

It was a Saturday afternoon when Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie were sitting on a bench, jotting down more ideas for the New Years Eve Party.

"Maybe we should add more streamers and confetti! I can buy one of those party cannons! You got 300 bucks?" Pinkie asked.

"Um, no. But I got 20 dollars for lunch. How about it?" Cheese asked, his stomach starting to growl.

"Sure! Maybe even taste testing for the party!" Pinkie said, getting excited as usual.

"Anything to make me full," Cheese said. They both got off the bench, he walking and she skipping, and went to the ice cream shop around the corner.

"They have every flavor in the whole world!" Pinkie squealed. They went inside, the bell ringing to symbolize that a customer came in. They both walked up to the counter, and a yellow skinned girl with blue and pink hair walked up to it as well.

"Hey, Pinkie. What can I get ya?" she asked.

"Which one do you want to taste first?" Pinkie asked Cheese.

"The rainbow one," Cheese said,"it's my favorite."

"Ooh! Mine too!" Pinkie squealed.

"Bowl or cone?" The girl asked.

"Cones!" They both said simultaneously. She scooped the rainbow colored ice cream into two cones and gave it to them.

"Is that all?"

"We would also like every flavor you got!" Pinkie said.

"Um, okay?" She said, confused.

"Don't worry Bon Bon, we're not gonna eat it all by ourselves. It's for the party we're planning! Remember?" She said

"Oh yeah. That's coming right up," Bon Bon said. She gathered all of the buckets and put them in a cooler with ice inside, and she brought it around to the other side of the counter.

Out of breath, she asked if that was all.

"Yep," Cheese replied.

"That will be*huff* $112.50," she said.

"I only got 20 bucks," Cheese said, handing her his money.

"Don't worry Cheese! I got it covered," Pinkie took out a debit card and gave it to Bon Bon, who gladly slid it inside of the appropriate slot and gave it back to Pinkie.

"Are you sure you'll be able to carry-" Bon Bon watched in amazement as Cheese picked the cooler up and set it on his head with no problem.

"I'm sure," he said, balancing the tilted cooler.

"Thanks for the ice cream Bon Bon!" Pinkie said and waved her goodbye. Then they were out of the store.

"B-but how?!" She said to herself. She looked down at the glass counter and saw that there was no ice cream.

"Uh-oh," she said and ran to the back room to get some more.


Pinkie's and Cheese's stomachs were full of the delicious ice cream they tasted for the party.

"So....much...ice cream," Cheese moaned.

"I'll just go and put the rest in the freezer in the garage," Pinkie slowly got up and tried to carried the cooler outside.

"Let me help," Cheese said. He got up as well and helped Pinkie place the ice cream into the freezer. After they were done, they slid down to the ground and laid their heads on the freezer.

"Best. Day. Ever," Pinkie said. Her head slowly fell on Cheese's lap, and she fell asleep.

"Best day ever indeed Pinkie. Best day ever indeed," Cheese said, and he fell asleep as well.


"Wasn't that so adorable Fluttershy?" Rarity asked, walking away from Pinkie's garage.

"I guess so. I think it's still a bad idea that we're spying on them," she replied.

"It's our job to! We have to make sure nothing goes wrong!" Rarity said.

"Why?" Fluttershy asked.

"Because I have a very romantic plan for them. All we need to do is get them in a romantic setting, and they'll have to ask each other out!" Rarity exclaimed.

"You're sounding like your sister again, Rarity," Fluttershy said.

"Perhaps I am. But it is a swell idea, isn't it, Fluttershy?" Rarity asked her nervous friend.

"I guess," Fluttershy said.

"Splendid! Then it's settled. I'll get my sister and her friends to create the romantic setting, and then we will watch and see what happens!" Rarity squealed.

"Won't the girls question why those two?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course I won't tell them. I'll just say it's for someone very special," Rarity said.

"Oh, um, okay," Fluttershy said,"I'll just go home then," she started to go home and waved to her friend.

"This is going to be amazing!" Rarity said to herself.


Rarity went into her house to see her sister and her friends thinking of ways to get their special marks.

"Girls? Can I ask you to do something for me?" Rarity asked.

"What is it, sis?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I was just wanted to ask if you would like to create a romantic setting at the park?" She asked politely.

"Who's it for?" Applebloom asked.

"Oh, just for someone very special," Rarity said, her finger touching Sweetie's nose.

She gasped," YES! 100% Yes! Girls, it's finally happening!" Sweetie said jumping up and down. Scootaloo rolled her eyes.

"What is she talking about?" Rarity asked.

"She just thinks that romantic setting is for her and Button, the boy she likes," Scootaloo said.

"But it isn't-" Rarity started.

"Don't say anythin' to her about it. Who is it really for?" Applebloom asked.

"I cannot tell," Rarity said in her stern voice.

"The we aren't doin' it," Applebloom said.

"Fine. I'll tell you. It's for..." Rarity started. She didn't want to blurt it out.

"Tell us!" They both exclaimed. Sweetie Belle stopped jumping.

"What's going on?" She asked.

All three were looking at Rarity. She had to say something or they wouldn't do it.

"Sis?" Sweetie asked.

"PINKIE PIE AND CHEESE SANDWICH!" Rarity exclaimed. She covered her mouth, regretting what she just did.

"Why didn't you just say so?" Applebloom asked.

"I...um...have to go now! Thanks girls for your help!" Rarity said, and she ran upstairs to her room.

"I guess we should get started," Scootaloo said.

Sweetie was about to cry,"why not me?"

"Maybe...because ya already like him and he can't resist ya?" Applebloom said questionably.

"Yeah! Maybe that's it! Let's get to work!" Sweetie squealed, and Applebloom and Scootaloo looked at each other, then shrugged it off.