• Published 31st Dec 2014
  • 1,540 Views, 9 Comments

"Twilight and Flash" - TeddyCK



Flash Sentry tries to rescue Princess Twilight Sparkle from the clutches of a enemy by the name of Fassbender A. K. A. "the Scoundrel." Fassbender is one of those evil fairy tale villians who's always wanted to become the new ruler of Equestria. Cool

  • ...
20
 9
 1,540

Chapter 5

It was a cold, cloudy, windy night. Princess Twilight and her friends were exploring their new castle in Ponyville some more like they do every weekend night. What exactly were Twilight and her friends doing this for? They wanted to find out if there were any secrets hidden in this castle that had something to do with their friendship. They were just walking through the hallways when they came to some stairs that led downwards. They took the chance at it. The stairs brought them to a door which then led them to the basement of the castle.

As they ventured through, Spike and the ponies came across a bunch of boxes, shelves, and filing cabinets, all covered in dust and cobwebs. They began searching through but all they could find were some more books, along with photos, stacks of paper, and maps.

"I still really don't understand." said Twilight "What are we here for? What does all of this have got to do with our friendship? What does it all mean?"

"Never mind, Twilight." said Rainbow Dash

"We're only doing this for fun, remember?" said Pinkie Pie

"We just want to know what else this castle has to offer us." said Rarity

But Twilight did mind.

"I know but I feel as though this is something that we should be taking seriously." she complained

"You're always taking things seriously." mumbled Spike "Like more than ever, after all, you are now a princess."

Spike opens up one of the filing cabinets in the corner. He takes a look inside and browses through. He comes to a curious section marked "letters." He takes the section of the folder out, opens it up, and gets a surprise!

"WOAH!" cried Spike "Twilight, guys! You've got to come and take a look at this!"

Twilight and her friends dash over to where Spike is.

"What do you have there, Spike?" asked Applejack

"This is a collection of letters addressed to and from between Twilight and Princess Celestia." said Spike

"Let me see." said Twilight

Twilight looks through the folder, and Spike is right.

"That's strange." said Fluttershy "How did those get there?"

"I have no idea but those got there, somehow." said Rainbow Dash

"Well, somepony must've put them there." said Applejack

"The question is, why?" wondered Twilight

Spike continues looking through the filing cabinet.

"Hey, what's this?" he wondered and took out another section of a folder. "This one is marked... "READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

"Let me see." said Twilight

Twilight browses through and begins making a shocked face.

"What's wrong, Twilight?" asked Pinkie Pie

"Is everything alright?" wondered Rarity

"Why... These are letters addressed to and from between Fassbender and I." cried Twilight

"Who?!" asked the mane five

"Fassbender!" said Spike "That tyrant of a pony."

"He's my ex-boyfriend back from my school days." explained Twilight "I met him around the time I first became Princess Celestia's assistant. How we met, it was one school day during a break when this male unicorn came up to me and said he liked me. After that, we became very close and would go on these dates like going to the senior prom.

Even though, we had sort of a love-hate relationship. Sometimes Fassbender would treat other ponies very disrespectfully. He was awkward and rude to everypony who would accidentally make a mistake in front of him. This, of course, I did not like."

"That's Fassbender, all right." said Spike "Always being a nuisance, thinking that he was some kind of a king."

"I decided that I had to break up with him." continued Twilight "Besides, I was Princess Celestia's assistant and I didn't have the time to go on a date with Fassbender all the time. When I told him that we had to break up, he became very heartbroken. He said he was about to propose to me at that time and decided to leave Equestria all together in disgust. Since then, I've forgotten all about Fassbender until finding these letters that we wrote to each other."

"So, Flash Sentry is not your first boyfriend?" asked Pinkie Pie

"That's not important right now. The question is, what are these letters doing here, and why are they marked with "READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!" wondered Twilight

"It's a mystery." said Applejack

"Another mystery is that since Fassbender left me, I kept on getting this thought that I don't need to feel like I had to miss him." said Twilight "That always strikes me as a strange thing."

Twilight flips through some more of the "READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!" letters. When she gets to the last page, there is another puzzling surprise.

"This isn't a letter!" cried Twilight

"What is it then?" asked Rainbow Dash

Twilight shows her friends and Spike a drawing of some kind of figure.

"What is that?" asked Rarity

"I have no idea!" said Twilight "It's really hard to tell since whoever made this painting didn't draw it out very clearly."

"All we can tell is that it's tall and is colored in a bunch of dark colors." said Pinkie Pie

"Oh, I hope it's nothing scary." shivered Fluttershy

Then, Twilight noticed something else.

"Hey, there's something written on the back of this drawing." she said

Twilight flips over the drawing and tries to read the saying on it.

"What's it say?" asked Rainbow Dash

"I think it saids..." began Twilight "For whoever possesses magic may be able to read this. Read this entire line on the back of this drawing out loud in the Everfree Forest and the mysterious figure in the drawing that you hold will be free, once again!"

"What does that all mean?" wondered Twilight

"Beats me." said Applejack

"Well then, come on." said Twilight as she began heading upstairs.

"Where are we going?" asked Fluttershy

"To the Everfree Forest, where else." said Twilight

"But why." asked Pinkie Pie

"To get to the bottom of these mysteries." said Twilight

The mane five look at each other for a moment, and follow Twilight.

"Hey, Spike, Fluttershy, aren't you guys coming?" asked Rainbow Dash

"Ah, no thanks." said Fluttershy

"We'll stay behind and try to find if there's anything else that's interesting around here." said Spike

The mares leave as Spike makes himself comfy in one spot beside Fluttershy and takes out a comic book.

"You want to hear how private eye, Clue Snooper, made out in this next edition?" asked Spike "It's thrilling and exciting."

"Um, uh, on second thought, I think I'd better continue checking up on Twilight and everypony else." said Fluttershy as she dashed for the stairs and tried to catch up with her friends. Spike shrugged, and went into reading his comic book.