• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 3,572 Views, 117 Comments

Gong Yi Tem Ponies - TrombonePlayingPony



One moment, I'm at a convention minding my own business. Now I'm in some crazy world where magic replaces physics. The only thing I have from home is a scroll that can hold things called Shen Gong Wu. Oh, and did I forget to mention talking horses?

  • ...
12
 117
 3,572

A Betrayal Set in Stone

Dojo, Chase, and I soon found ourselves flying above a swamp cloaked in mist. We managed to find a small chunk of ground to land on before taking a good look around.

“Yeesh!” Dojo spoke as he wrapped himself around my shoulder. “You could cut this weather with a knife.” We all looked over the swamp, seeing no good way of crossing the muck without stepping in it. I watched Chase walk over to a nearby tree before taking up a martial arts stance. Before I could ask, his hands flew out in front of him in a flurry, cutting into the tree in various places before stopping. A board made of the tree’s bark fell off the trunk, large enough for the two of us to stand on.

“Perhaps we can use this to traverse the terrain?” He tossed the board onto the water before reaching up to grab one of the branches of the same tree.

“Hang on there Chase,” I stopped him. “I’ve got a better idea than paddling.” I pulled out the Sword of the Storms before jumping on the back of the board. Chase jumped on the front and once we were both ready I spun the sword behind me. It acted like a giant fan on an airboat, propelling us forward as we skated across the water.

Things were quiet for awhile before we both heard something and turned our heads. I recognized it as the telltale sound of robot jets which could only mean one thing. I grumbled a bit as I stopped the board. “Looks like we’ve got company, and not the good kind either.”

Out from the mist came the bots, their masters riding two of them like horses. Ironic considering they were ponies but that joke would be lost on this world. They saw the two of us and did their usual laugh and spiel.

“Oh Allan, it’s you! Pleasure to see you again.”

“Indeed. And you brought a friend. Good thing we brought our own.” They glanced behind them to show Katnappe sitting on another robot, though not looking at all pleased with where she was. “Now than, Cider bots! Attack!” The robots flew at us, I preparing the sword before Chase held up a hand.

“Remember what I said. Let us see what you are capable of without a crutch.” I thought about it for a moment before putting away the sword. The two of us took on matching stances before leaping at the bots. The two of us were practically in sync, each of us taking out bot after bot in a fluid motion that often crossed each others’ paths. Even I was amazed at how quickly we tore them apart before Katnappe joined in.

I landed on a tree across from the one she now stood in as she hissed at me. “Always having to rely on others to help you, huh? Don’t think you can take on a girl all your own?” Chase landed next to me, the two of us nodding at each other before leaping across the swamp at the cat pony. She tossed a bag at Chase while brandishing her claws at me. Chase landed on the roots of the tree, pulling crazed kittens off and flinging them away all rather calmly while I danced around Katnappe’s various cat themed weapons.

“Hold still!” She screamed, throwing another batch of spiked yarn balls at me, barely missing my chin as I bent backwards to avoid them. Before she could send another my way, I charged at her, flipping above another slash of her claws before grabbing her tail. I pulled her over my head, slamming her back into a branch of the tree in front of me before giving the base of said branch a swift kick. By the time her eyes stopped spinning, the branch fell into the muck below. She screeched out in fury, shouting many a curse about getting her mane dirty.

I looked back toward the brothers to see them still flying toward the Sun-Chi Lantern, which was hanging from a tree branch over the swamp. Before I could move in their direction, the muck beneath them suddenly burst forth as Chase leapt between them. He slashed his hands out several times into each robot before kicking off them, landing on the branch the lantern hung from while the bots fell apart. Flim and Flam joined Katnappe in the swamp, though with much less noise.

Chase grabbed the Sun-Chi Lantern from the branch before jumping over to me. “Well, I must say that went better than expected.” He held it out for me to take but the moment I placed a hand on it, a claw tapped the top of it, the lantern immediately lighting up with the promise of a showdown.

We both heard Discord laugh before the rest of him appeared attached to the arm. “Well, well. What have we here? Another one of your trinkets?”

“Discord.” Chase stated. “We challenge you to a Xiaolin Showdown.”

Discord chuckled. “And just why would I play your game when I can just- ack!” Suddenly a large amount of electricity coursed through him, his talon seemingly glued to the lantern. He pulled and pulled but couldn’t break free as the magic continued to hurt him. “Why can’t- ow! - I let go?!”

“A Xiaolin Showdown is a contract that not even a rule breaker such as yourself can defy. Now, do you accept our challenge?”

“Ah! Yes! I do! Just stop with the pain! Gah!” The electricity stopped, Discord looking slightly singed but otherwise alright. Dojo chuckled at the sight as he grumbled. “But two against one seems entirely unfair.”

I rolled my eyes. “So is being able to bend reality to your whim and you don’t see us complaining.”

“Hm.” He thought with his other claw to his chin. “Good point. What now?”

Chase nodded. “We will wager the Mantis Flip Coin and Eye of Dashi for your Reversing Mirror.”

“And,” I spoke up, “we’ll Shen Yi Bu Dare you. The Two Ton Tunic and Fist of Tebigong for your Lunar Locket.”

“The game will be horde mode.” Chase declared as I rose an eyebrow.

“Wait, you mean like in a video game?”

“I don’t know what you mean but I already like it.” Discord grinned.

“Exactly Allan. The two of us will be confined to a space while Discord sends waves of enemies at us. If he manages to knock us out or defeat us within the time limit, he wins. Otherwise, we win.”

“You certainly know how to pick them.” Discord chuckled. “Very well, I accept these terms.”

“So do I.” I nodded.

“Very well,” Chase spoke as the glow of the lantern grew.

“Let’s go! Xiaolin Showdown!” The trees around us in the swamp suddenly sunk into the muck, creating a clearing of sorts. Before Chase and I could fall in, a platform made of wooden planks built itself before expanding, making walls, windows, stairs, and a door. Wasn’t long before we were standing in an old looking house, the mist outside thickening further.

The tunic and fist appeared on Chase’s person while the eye and coin appeared in separate hands for me. We heard Discord’s voice boom out over us. “Could we get this started? I have a lot of harmony to be taking apart and flipping on its head.”

“Gong Yi Tan Pai!” As soon as the showdown began, a series of lightning bolts rained down on the ground outside, seemingly doing nothing before a low moan was heard. Chase and I looked out to see pony zombies rising from the muck and shambling their way toward the house.

“Zombies? He had to go with zombies?!” I groaned. Chase looked around, finding an armoire placed near the door which he swiftly kicked into place in front of a window.

“We’ll have to survive for five minutes, so no sense in letting them in too early.” I nodded and moved to another window, picking up a hammer and nails apparently left for us on a table before ripping a floor board out of the ground. Soon we had all the windows covered by furniture or hastily hammered planks as the zombies began filing in through the front door.

“Fist of Tebigong!” Chase charged at the zombies, pushing them all back out the door. Before they could pick themselves back up, he slammed the door shut and pulled off the tunic. “Two Ton Tunic!” He tossed the tunic in the air as it shifted into armor, embedding itself into the ground right in front of the door. He moved to my back and we watched the entrances, ready for whatever might come.

“Lunar Locket!” We heard Discord call out, and suddenly the entire arena grew dark, the only light being the simple lanterns that dotted the room. After about a minute though nothing else happened, confusing the both of us. We nearly let our guard down before a rotting hoof smashed out beneath us. We stepped back as a group of zombies ripped their way through the floorboards, Chase heading into the next room as I bought us more time.

“Eye of Dashi!” Lightning tore holes through the zombies, though I noticed it took quite a few before they fell. Their numbers seemed endless though as they crawled in, widening the hole further as they did so.

“Gah!” I heard Chase call out, forcing me to turn away for a moment to see him dealing with another wave trying to get in through one of the boarded up windows. I heard a groan way too close to me, Chase having distracted me long enough for the zombies in the other room to get right in my face.

“Blegh!” I coughed, smelling zombie breath. I gave it a kick before slamming the door shut, bracing myself against it. Not that it did much good as they began to rip holes in the surrounding wall.

“This is no good!” Chase grunted, sending another group of zombies sailing out of the now open windows with the fist. “We should head up the stairs. Funnel them all into one place we can deal with them.” I nodded, placing the eye against the door and firing one last time through the wood before running after him. We got to the second floor and turned, seeing the zombies already making their way to the bottom of the stairs.

“I have an idea. Buy me a bit of time.” Chase ran off into one of the rooms along the hall we were standing in, leaving me to deal with the zombies. I just fired lightning bolt after maldito lightning bolt, slowing the oncoming horde but not stopping it. Suddenly a dresser flew by me, careening down the stairs and knocking what zombies had made any progress down with it.

“Fist of Tebigong!” I heard Chase call out before a piano joined the dresser, crushing many a zombie with a clang. I looked to see him winding his fist back to send a bed down the same way before Discord called out again.

“Reversing Mirror!” Chase’s fist hit the back of the bed, only to have himself be sent flying next to the window behind him. Before he could get up, a zombie hoof reached through and grabbed his shoulder, him quickly shaking it off before meeting me in the center of the hallway. We stood back to back as zombies filled in both sides.

“How much time you think is left?” I asked, not taking my eyes of the zombies as I fired at them.

“If I had to guess? Two minutes at best.” He looked around until resting his eyes on the ceiling. “Aha!” He leapt up, grabbing onto a panel in the ceiling before pulling it down, revealing a ladder into the attic. Before either of us could use it however, a huge, rotten muscled hoof smashed through the floor beneath us, tearing into the ladder and pulling its remains down to the first floor. A low growl could be heard coming from the newly made hole.

Chase took one look at the scene before turning to me. “Quickly! Use the Mantis Flip Coin to get up to the attic! I’ll buy you what time I can.” I would have argued had our situation not been so dire. Instead I nodded, flipping the coin and catching it.

“Mantis Flip Coin!” I leapt into the small opening of the attic before finding some crates and blocking up the hole. Wasn’t sure how much help it would be but at this point I was willing to take anything. I heard the sounds of combat downstairs for sometime before things went eerily silent once more.

There’s no way Chase got beat by some rotting corpses, is there? As tempted as I was to push the boxes off and look, I denied the urge. No. I need to survive for a minute longer. Equestria is depending on it! I paced about the attic for a few moments, wondering if the zombies even could make it up here before a familiar giant hoof made itself known. The pony attached to it pulled itself into the attic, roaring as green ooze dripped from its muzzle.

“Eye of Dashi!” I hastily fired, the shots doing practically nothing against this new enemy. He was still just as slow as the other zombies though, advancing toward me at a snail’s pace as other zombies crawled in through the huge hole their gigantic friend made. After a few more shots I changed my tactic, aiming at the roof above me. I cut a quick hole before using the coin to leap through, barely avoiding a swipe from the big guy in the process.

On the roof I could see the timer floating above. One minute. That shouldn’t be too hard. Of course that’s what you would think but it seems zombies are more resourceful than anyone has ever given them credit for. They quickly made a pile of themselves to climb up the hole I created, the big guy making his own entrance on the other side of the roof.

I backed up to one side of the roof, kicking away zombies and blasting others as I did. Wasn’t long before I reached the edge though and I was surrounded. The zombies stopped as Discord laughed.

“Any last words, wanna-be dragon?” The big guy moved up to the front of the pack, raising a hoof to end me. I took a deep breath before putting my hands out in front of me and closing my eyes.

“Huh.” I heard Discord say in confusion. “Most would go with ‘you’ll never get away with this!’ or something equally cliche but I can respect doing something random. Shame I have to smash your head in now. Snowflake?” The big guy nodded and reared his hoof back. Just before I was done for I snapped my eyes open, a white light behind them as my palms glowed the same.

“Orion’s Palm! Light!” I threw my palms forward, a stream of light washing over the zombies. The smaller ones were sent soaring by the blast as the big one did his best to go against the current. I pulled my arms back before taking a step forward and hitting him again, this time getting him to take a step back. Another step and he was now the one standing on the edge. I leapt at his head, slamming my hand into his muzzle. A flash of light went off as we clashed before his head was sent flying from his body.

“Noooooo!” Discord screamed as the timer ticked down to zero. The remains of the house quickly disassembled itself as the trees returned. I found myself standing on a tree, the lantern in my grasp and Dojo back on my shoulder. Chase however was nowhere to be seen.

“You think this means you’ve won?” Discord growled. “You still don’t have the elements.” His irritation suddenly changed to a knowing grin. “As a matter of fact, let’s see what your friends are up to, shall we?” He flew at me, wrapping an arm around my waist before suddenly being dropped in the middle of Ponyville. Or at least what’s left of it. Houses were floating, the grass was plaid, the road was made of soap, and my friends were all there looking greyer than usual.

I scratched my head in confusion as I looked at the scene. “So… what? You changed their colors?”

“What’re you gabbing about?” Applejack spoke up. “We look just the same.” After she spoke, her cheeks puffed out as she looked side to side. Rarity seemed too busy looking at her reflection in a giant diamond she had while Fluttershy would laugh at Pinkie and she would yell at her to cut it out. Rainbow was a no show surprisingly, and Twilight just looked depressed.

“Oh I’ve done much more than a simple color palette swap.” Discord chuckled before dropping a book on my head. “By the way, here are the elements. I believe you’ll find them to be rather unusable now. And even you could I wouldn’t give you the chance to hit me.” He laughed as he floated off to who knows where, the ponies beginning to spread apart. I picked up the book, opening it to reveal the necklaces and tiara I had seen them wear before closing it and chasing after Twilight.

“Twilight, what happened? You all are acting so unlike yourselves.”

“We lost Allan. The elements wouldn’t work. Besides, I don’t want to see those pathetic excuses for friends anymore! Especially you!” She walked into the library with myself right behind. “Spike! Pack your things, we are leaving.” All that was given in response was a belch as a piece of paper appeared, adding itself to the pile growing around the dragon.

“They won’t stop coming.” He belched up another letter. “Make it stop!” I looked over the papers, finding the letters Twilight had been sending to Celestia ever since she came to Ponyville. I quickly gathered a few before shoving them in her face.

“Here. Read this. Something tells me Celestia wants you to.” She looked at me skeptically before taking the pages out of my hand, perhaps the mentioning of her mentor giving her enough of a reason to do so. She began reading aloud the words on each page as I stepped outside and looked around. Things were just becoming more chaotic as time went on, Dojo trembling somewhat.

“Well? We got the lantern and the elements. What are we going to do now?” I glanced around before my eyes fell on the temple, now floating upside down.

“Maybe Master Gongniu has an idea.” Dojo grew to full size and we took off, dodging various chunks of debris that floated through the air. Changes in gravity were also frequent, forcing me to hang on to Dojo. Took awhile but we made it in one piece, myself landing on the upside down gate as Dojo shrank down.

“Master! Are you here?” I called out. My attention was directed to a cow standing on the roof of the porch.

“It is good to see you alright, my young apprentice.” The cow spoke in Master Gongniu’s voice.

“Master?” I leapt over to him. “Did Discord do this?”

“Indeed, as well as turn the entire temple upside down. Have you found a way to stop him?”

“I think so.” I pulled out the Sun Chi Lantern and showed it to him. “This should allow me to use the chi of others. With that, I can distract Discord long enough for Twilight and her friends to use the elements.”

“I see. Than please, use my chi. It is not of much use while I am stuck like this.” I nodded before holding the lantern out in front of me.

“Sun Chi Lantern!” Master Gongniu glowed a faint golden light before said light flowed out of him, entering the lantern. “Now I just need to find enough chi to make a god question himself.” I sighed. “No biggie.”

“Do not think the task so impossible. You know ponies with stronger chi then you may realize.” I thought about it for a moment before snapping my fingers.

“The princesses! They must be crazy powerful.” He nodded. I looked to Dojo before he jumped off and grew, myself hopping aboard. "Chase mentioned using the girls' chi as well. Bet with all of that I can at least give Discord a run for his money." We didn't wait for a response before Dojo and I flew off. We headed straight to Canterlot, pulling up next to one of the balconies of the castle before heading inside. Any guards that still weren’t chaos-ified I just flashed my badge to, in too much of a hurry to do much else.

I found the princesses discussing something with a pony with different armor than the rest of the guard. “Captain Armor, you will be in charge of leading the refugees out of Equestria.”

“Hold your horses princesas!” Everyone in the room gave me a weird look for my choice of words. “It’s a human expression. It means hang on. I’ve got a plan to take care of Discord.”

“And what plan is that?” The armored pony asked skeptically. “Last I heard he wasn’t even going to let us hit him with the elements.”

“That may be, but I have a way to distract him so that Twilight and her friends can take the shot.” I held out the lantern before the three of them. “I just need to borrow the princesses chi for a little while.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other, seemingly speaking without saying anything before turning back to me. “Very well. If you believe this will work we have little to lose.”

“Hang on.” The captain spoke. “Use my chi as well. If you are going to help my sister you’ll need all the chi you can get.”

“Sister?”

He nodded. “Yes, Twilight is my sister. I’m her brother, Shining Armor. Has she never mentioned me?”

“Not to me, but I tend to spend a lot of my time training.”

“Well, either way it is great to meet you. Now fire up whatever that thing is.”

“Right. Sun Chi Lantern!” Celestia glowed a bright orange, her sister the opposite with a dark blue as Shining Armor glowed purple. All of their respective lights were absorbed by the lantern, the fire in it glowing much brighter now.

“Nice. Now all I should need is the girls’ and I’ll be set. Wish me luck!” I turned and left the room in a hurry, getting to the nearest exit and taking off on Dojo. We made it back to Ponyville in record time as a group of ponies flew by in a balloon chasing a grey Rainbow Dash.

“Looks like we missed all the fun.” Dojo joked before taking off after them. We rode up alongside the balloon, finding out it was the rest of the girls inside with Fluttershy pulling them. They all were no longer looking so grey, their colors having returned.

“Hey! You chicas need a ride?” Twilight noticed us and leapt off the balloon, landing in front of me on Dojo.

“Allan! I’m so sorry about how I was acting earlier. I-”

“Can we have the apologies after we aren’t in a high speed aerial chase? Why are you chasing Rainbow anyway?”

“I’ve been using a spell to remind everyone of what great friends we are. Thing is, I need to touch them on the forehead with my horn.”

“Ah. Well good thing I showed up.” I strapped the lantern to my belt before pulling out the Golden Tiger Claws. Dojo pulled ahead of the balloon so we were right next to Rainbow. “Hey Rainbow! Look out for that tree!”

She glared at me and snorted. “What are you talking about you idiot?” I jumped off of Dojo, calling on the kite and landing next to the Everfree Forest.

“Golden Tiger Claws!” I tore a hole open and right after Rainbow flew through, slamming head first into a tree. As her eyes spun around I walked over to her. “That tree. Also, I’m counting this in our rough housing challenge. Three in a row!” By the time Rainbow was coherent enough to stand up, Twilight ran up and tapped her on the head with her horn, causing all of her grey color to disappear as she did.

“Ugh… wha? What happened? And why does my head hurt?”

“Probably a side effect of Twilight’s spell.” That earned me a not-so-friendly hoof bump to my side. “Ouch! What? That’s entirely possible. Besides, we’ve seen Rainbow crash into worse.” Twilight rolled her eyes as the other girls landed in the balloon and ran over. “Good, everyone is here. Now I’ve already told the plan several times so here’s the short version. I’m going to use all of your chi plus what I’ve already got to take on Discord. I want you girls to get the elements and wait by the library. Hopefully I can get Discord there and keep him there long enough for you all to blast him. Sound good?” They all gave me various yes’s and cheers. “Awesome. Now, Sun Chi Lantern!”

Each pony began to glow a different color, ones that I recognized matched their elements. Twilight was pink, Rarity was purple, Rainbow was red, Applejack was orange, Fluttershy was green, and Pinkie Pie was blue. All of their lights were absorbed into the lantern just as the others had, the lantern’s fire now large and glowing bright.

“Dojo, get the girls to the library. This might get messy.” He nodded as I took a few steps away from the group. “Here goes nothing. Sun Chi Lantern!” The glow of the flame flowed out, encircling my arms before reaching my heart. My entire body began to glow as I took in the massive amount of chi. Before long the lantern was dry and I put it away.

“Woo wee Allan! You sure make pretty night light.” Applejack joked as she shielded her eyes with a hoof. I gave her a smile before turning toward Ponyville with a determined gaze.

“Longi Kite!” I called the Wu out, appearing on my back in a white light instead of its usual gold. The kite’s wings grew to three times the size they normally were before flapping, rocketing me toward the town.

Now this is the only way to travel! I thought, soaring through the air. Didn’t take long to find Discord lounging in a throne as he snapped his fingers and made chaos appear around him. I landed in front of him before drawing the Sword of the Storms, the blade’s edge glowing with white energy.

Discord actually seemed surprised at me. “That is interesting. Seems those trinkets can do more than I thought.” He grinned. “No matter. It is not like you-”

“Eye of Dashi!” The object in my other hand let out a storm of lightning, destroying the throne Discord had been sitting in as he barely dodged above it.

“Well that’s just rude. You shouldn’t interrupt someone while they-”

“Sword of the Storms!” The blade became a literal tornado that I directed toward Discord, catching him up in it and sending him skyward. “Mantis Flip Coin!” I leapt at ludicrous speed after him, ending up just above as the sword was quickly replaced by the “Fist of Tebigong!” I slammed into Discord’s head, causing him to impact the ground and send dust flying. I landed on the edge of the crater he made and watched as he pulled himself out.

“Now you are getting on my nerves, wanna-be dragon!” He growled. I just gave him a smirk and put away my Wu before taking up a fighting stance.

‘Bring it, pirado.”

* * *

The girls made their way to the library, those who couldn’t fly riding upon Dojo’s back. They didn’t however expect to find the princesses there.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna. What are you doing here?” Twilight asked the two, both of them looking somewhat distressed.

“Ah good, you are here. Please tell us Allan didn’t use your chi.”

“Uh, you mean that light thing he did?” Rainbow asked. “Cause he already did that and is fighting Discord now.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other with fear. “Than we must hurry and find him before it is too late.”

“But princess, what is wrong?” Fluttershy spoke up.

Luna was too distracted looking around for any signs of Allan so Celestia spoke. “Do you all know what chi is?”

“It’s a kind of energy right?” Twilight deduced. “Like magic?”

Celestia shook her head. “No, it is your very soul, your essence. In many ways your chi is you. In your cases however, your chi represents much more. As the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, you represent them, embody them. You are them as much as they are you.”

“So Allan is using the elements.” Twilight analyzed. “Is that what you are trying to say?”

Celestia nodded. “Yes, for all intensive purposes, Allan is right now the embodiment of the Elements of Harmony. That’s why we must find him before something horrible happens.”

“What would the elements do to Allan? He’s a cool guy.” Rainbow argued.

“That may be, but he is a foreign creature who wields energies that no one else understands. Both are traits he shares with Discord. This is enough of a relation between the two of them for the elements to decide his fate.”

The girls seemed to think about this for a moment before Applejack spoke up. “Wait a minute. Are you trying to say that if Allan keeps using our chi he’ll end up like Discord did before?”

Celestia only nodded, the girls gasping in response. “We gotta find him, and now!” A series of explosions went off through Ponyville, cutting them off before they could scatter and search. Everyone sped off in the direction of the destruction, hoping they would make it in time.

* * *

The best way I could describe how I felt with all that chi going through me was like having drank ten Red Bulls before scarfing down a bag of Pinkie Pie’s sugar bombs, all while being more excited about anything in my life. Seriously, I felt so full of energy that after that initial scuffle I went to using just my fists and feet, the result being just as destructive. Our battle ended us up on the edge of Ponyville, the two of us staring each other down.

“You will not get the better of me!” Discord yelled before darting toward me. The glowing outline around me turned red, using Rainbow’s speed to dodge and counter. “Loyalty!” I let loose a lightning fast barrage of fists before stepping back. My outline shifted to orange as I spun around and sent him flying with a kick using Applejack’s strength. “Honesty!” I noted my foot feeling somewhat stiff but ignored it in favor of focusing on the fight.

Discord shook his head where he impacted, growling again before his form began to grow and become more monstrous. I didn’t give him the chance to finish though, my aura becoming blue as I teleported around him, striking him in several places as I did. “Laughter!” He swiped at me, only hitting air as I teleported again before I took notice of how close we now were to the Everfree Forest. My aura changed again to green as Timberwolves and Manticores stalked out of the darkness of the woods, eyes glowing the same green. “Kindness!”

The animal all charged at Discord, clawing and biting at him as he shrunk back down. “Enough!” He exclaimed, exploding with energy that sent the beasts flying. I tore the ground out in front of me with telekinesis, my outline changing to a purple color. “Generosity!” The stone shielded me from the blast, and as soon as it passed I tossed the barrier at him. By now I began to notice more of my body was growing stiff and looked down to see my body covered in blotches of stone.

Que demonios?! I heard Discord chuckle as he pulled himself out of the rubble I threw at him.

“You used the bearer’s chi, didn’t you? I’m guessing Chase Young is the one who told you that was a good idea?”

“What are you getting at?” I yelled back.

“He tricked you. He knew if you used that lantern to gain the bearer’s chi, you would be exposed to the elements. And just like me, you will be turned to stone!” He laughed a bit more before I tossed another boulder at him.

“You are lying!” My aura changed pink as did my eyes, energy growing in my hands before I threw it at Discord in a powerful beam. “Magic!” He impacted into a nearby building. I quickly teleported next to the draconequus and grabbed him by the neck. My touch caused his body to begin turning to stone just like mine as he squirmed to try and escape. He wrapped his body around me in an attempt to pull me off but I held on as we wrestled outside, both of our bodies slowly stiffening.

“Allan!” I turned to see the girls and princesses run up, gasping as they saw the state I was in. “You need to let go off all of that chi or you’ll be turned to stone!”

I gave them a sad smile. “I know. I figured that out a little while ago.” I turned and glared at Discord, our tussle becoming less violent as time went on. “Thing is, we've got no other way to put this culo back in his place.”

I looked back at the ponies, all showing various degrees of sadness and shock before I glanced past them. Chase stood there in the distance, his hands behind his back as he watched the scene from afar. I was confused at his sudden appearance before he gave me a smirk and waved.

He… he did trick me. At first I felt despair at having someone I thought was my friend betraying me like that. It quickly turned to rage though as let go of Discord with the one arm that wasn’t completely stone and pulled out the Eye of Dashi. I pushed against my quickly stiffening joints, trying to aim at him as the stone began to cover the corners of my eyes.

“Eye… of…” was all I could get out before Discord and I were completely covered in stone.