• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 3,571 Views, 117 Comments

Gong Yi Tem Ponies - TrombonePlayingPony



One moment, I'm at a convention minding my own business. Now I'm in some crazy world where magic replaces physics. The only thing I have from home is a scroll that can hold things called Shen Gong Wu. Oh, and did I forget to mention talking horses?

  • ...
12
 117
 3,571

A Chaotic Start to a New Friendship

The foals of Ms. Cherilee’s class were enjoying a treat today in the form of a field trip to Canterlot Castle. Of course, since it was her favorite part of it, Cherilee decided to start with the Royal Statue Gardens.

“That one represents friendship.” She lectured as they passed each statue in turn. “And this one represents victory.” Soon they came upon the statue of a strange creature. It looked like someone had stitched together many different creatures, from horses to lizards to even goats. The creature was currently in a pose that looked like it was singing joyously for the world around it. In one of its strange claws was an even stranger mirror, the center of it sporting an intricate design that was same black as the band that surrounded it.

“And what do you think this represents?” Ms. Cherilee waved a hoof over the crazy statue.

“Confusion!” Apple Bloom shouted before being pushed away by Sweetie.

“Evil!” She followed suit as Scootaloo stepped in.

“Chaos!” The three fillies soon got into a fight over who was right. During this, no one noticed a small crack begin to appear on the statue. By the time it had grown big enough to be seen, Cherilee had broken up the tussle and lead the class on to the next statue, all blissfully unaware of what was about to be unleashed.

* * *

I stood in the center of the training grounds, hands held out in front of me. Both palms were facing away with one hand behind the other as I breathed deeply.

“Orion’s Palm is a difficult ability to master,” Master Gongniu spoke as he stood next to me. “You have already shown capable of using it, but learning to control your strength of will is what shall determine if you are ready for the next level.”

I didn’t respond, having already made that mistake before in these exercises. I pulled my arms back and thrust them forward several times, all of my focus going into what I was doing. Nothing was going to distract me.

Except for a sticky wad of pink falling from the sky and blinding me. My form was completely thrown off as I fell back, pulling at the thing on my face. I managed to get a good chunk of it off to see again. A quick check of what I had clumped in my hands turned out to be… cotton candy?

I groaned before looking around. “Very funny Pinkie! You know you aren’t supposed to pull pranks during training though!” I found no answer though, strange since the energetic mare would no doubt want to claim credit for the deed. I felt something running down my arm, glancing back at the cotton candy to find it was now leaking something brown.

I shook the thing off my hand, tossing it away. “Blegh! What sort of expired cotton candy did I get hit with?” Dojo came over and sniffed the pink cloud before giving it a lick. A smile quickly grew on his face and he dove in, even going so far as to climb all over me to get the bits that were still stuck to my head.

“Yummy.” Dojo moaned. “Who would think cotton candy and chocolate milk would make such a great combination?” I held back my gag reflex as I stood back up, glancing around again for the source of the strange sugar bomb.

“It looks as if this was no prank.” Master Gongniu spoke, looking to the sky. I followed his eyes to see cotton candy clouds drizzling chocolate milk as Rainbow Dash zipped about collecting them.

“Uh… I know I’ve only been here for like… five months or so but I’m pretty sure that isn’t normal even by this world’s standards.”

Master Gongniu nodded. “You are correct. Something seems to have tipped the balance of things. It would be best not to ignore such an omen.”

“Yes master.” I bowed before running for the gates, Dojo leaping off and growing as I did. By the time I reached them he was there and ready to fly. One quick jump and so was I. We flew about Ponyville, watching the clouds be gathered up by Rainbow above Sweet Apple Acres and we headed toward there.

Apparently Applejack had thrown one heck of a fiesta. There was popcorn everywhere, as well as a huge clump of those chocolate filled candy clouds being eaten by animals with unnaturally long legs. Many of the apple trees on the farm were bent over, the weight of the humongous apples they were bearing too much for even their thick trunks.

The two of us landed near the girls as Spike coughed up a letter. Twilight was quick to read it before exclaiming “The princesses need to see us right away!” She turned to me just as I was about to hop off. “Allen, they want to see you as well. Do you think you could take us there?”

“I don’t know. Think you could handle it Dojo?”

“Ehhhhh. Might be a bit of a squeeze, but if Fluttershy, Rainbow, and you fly than I should be able to make it. It’s a bit bumpy in the back though, warning to those with bad stomachs.”

“Oh oh oh!” Pinkie waved her hooves in the air. “I wanna ride in the back then!” Before anyone could even think to question it, she zipped over to Dojo’s tail and wrapped her hooves around it, smiling the entire time. The rest of the ground bound ponies and Spike hopped aboard while I flew up next to Fluttershy and Rainbow with the Longi Kite. Once everyone was secure, we headed off toward Canterlot.

* * *

We arrived in Canterlot, running inside to meet the princesses right by the entrance. Twilight chose this as the opportune time to flip out. “Princess Celestia! What is happening? Is this about the weather? And the animals’ weird behavior? Why isn’t-” The princess rose a hoof, silencing her before simply stating

“Follow us.”

We did just that, though I did notice Luna taking a spot on my side as we walked. As much as it pained me to, I did my best to ignore her and focused on what Celestia was talking about.

“I’ve called you here for a matter of great importance. It seems an old foe of mine, someone I thought I had defeated long ago, has returned. His name... is Discord. Discord is the mischievous spirit of disharmony. Before my sister and I stood up to him, he ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness. Luna and I saw how miserable life was for Earth ponies, Pegasi, and unicorns alike, so after discovering the Elements of Harmony, we combined our powers and rose up against him, turning him to stone.”

“Alright princess!” Rainbow cheered. The rest of the group remained silent though, clearly feeling the “but” that was coming. Luna shook her head before moving away from my side and in front of the group.

“We believed the spell we cast upon him would keep him contained forever, but it seems that is not the case. Since my sister and I are no longer connected to the elements, the spell has been broken.”

“No longer connected?” Twilight basically mirrored my thoughts. What sort of crazy chosen one basura is this? Bet the same guy who made it I had to collect the Wu also made that rule.

Princess Celestia nodded. “We have been keeping elements here in the castle, safe from anything that may try to use them for ill. We need you Twilight, and your friends to wield the elements once more and seal Discord away before he can bring eternal chaos upon Equestria.”

Wait, chaos? I facepalmed, though it was thankfully ignored by everyone except Dojo. I completely forgot to look that up after Ben and Kat told me. This must be what they were warning me about!

Celestia went and… stuck her horn in the door? Okay, I guess that works for a key. Anyway, the door glowed and opened before a small chest was revealed. She picked it up, lifting the lid off to reveal… a nicely padded inside of a case.

Everyone gasped at the apparent loss of their trump card. “This doesn’t make any sense.” Celestia shook her head. “Only I can break the spell on the door.” A jovial voice rang out through the halls, laughing.

“Make sense?” It called out playfully. “And just what is the fun in making sense?” Celestia and Luna then, for all intensive purposes, lost their shit as they growled at the bodiless voice. It was actually kind of scary since I didn’t think these two could get that mad but apparently this Discord knows how to push people’s buttons.

“Discord! Reveal yourself!” Celestia demanded as everyone tried to find the source of the laughter.

“Did you miss me Tia and Lulu?” It mocked before a small flash caught our attention on one of the glass panes. A small depiction of some creature that looked like the gods above just hit the random button began floating along the glass as if the 2D surface was just like swimming in water. “I missed you. It’s quite lonely being encased in stone, but you wouldn’t know that, would you, since I don’t encase ponies in stone!”

“Quit playing your games!” Luna growled. “What have you done with the elements of harmony?”

“Oh I’ve just borrowed them for awhile. After all, I can’t have you sealing me away too quickly.” The glass creature looked over us before looking at me and stopping. “Dojo? Is that you?”

I turned my head to see Dojo hiding behind my shoulder, trembling. “Nope! No Dojo here! Please leave a message and I’ll get to it sometime in the next century.”

Suddenly Discord disappeared from the glass, appearing still in his stained glass form right next to Dojo about the same size. The dragon let out a girlish scream before Discord wrapped him in a hug. “Oh my long lost brother! Where were you those last five hundred years before I was put away for having too much fun?”

“Brother?!” The entire rest of the room gawked.

Dojo grumbled before speaking. “Yes, he’s my brother. Bob.”

Discord suddenly growled low, growing to stand well above everyone before glaring at Dojo. “I told you to never call me that again!” While Dojo trembled, I grabbed his tail and pulled him out of Discord’s grasp.

“Back off there pirado. That dragon’s with this dragon.”

“Y-ya, what he said,” Dojo shook in fright. Discord looked over me with a magnifying glass he pulled out of nowhere before tossing it away and laughing.

“You? A dragon? And I’m a hippo in a french maid outfit!” Of course, as soon as he said this he turned into just that. He giggled before disappearing, reappearing above me. My scroll suddenly floated off of me, landing in his claws. “And just what is this supposed to be?”

“Hey! Give me that!” Discord just chuckled before taking a claw and seemingly sticking it inside of my scroll. Various sounds came from it as he rifled around before somehow pulling out the Two Ton Tunic.

“What? Is this just where you keep your laundry?” He looked over the tunic before shoving it back in, taking a few seconds before pulling out the Mantis Flip Coin. “Oh, some money for the vending machine.” One appeared as he spoke and he deposited in the slot, a soda coming out before he pulled his hand back. The coin came back out on a string attached to his talon, which he threw back in my scroll while a third arm that seemingly came from nowhere picked up the soda and popped the cap off. He chugged it down before tossing the bottle aside, a goat’s bleat being heard instead of broken glass.

He reached back into the scroll before pulling out the Lunar Locket. “Hang on, I’ve seen this before.” He seemed to stare at it in thought before gasping and giving Luna a smirk. “Oh I see! This reptile impersonator is someone special to you, isn’t he?” He dangled the necklace in front of her before pulling it away as she swiped at him. “Just as feisty as I remembered.” He appeared on my shoulder and muttered. “I can see why you fell for her.” I threw a fist at him only to hit nothing, the draconequus returning to his spot floating in the air.

“Don’t mess with my friends!” Rainbow yelled as she charged Discord, hitting him upside the head before he could react. I took advantage of the distraction and leapt into the air, grabbing my scroll from his claws and slipping it on before landing. I quickly turned around, the golden light of a Wu coming out as I yelled.

“Eye of Dashi!” Lightning shot at Discord, him twisting and bending to dodge the first few before he pulled out a mirror with a design on it. He held it up to the barrage before speaking.

“Reversing Mirror.” The lightning was all absorbed by the mirror, glowing before it was all sent back at me. I barely ducked out of the way, glancing back at the now burnt spot where I was standing.

“Golden Tiger Claws!” I called out as the aforementioned Wu appeared on my hand. My plan was to teleport right behind him and give him a swift kick to the back of the head. Discord was faster however.

“Reversing Mirror.” I felt the claws go haywire like they did when Crow called, creating a rift and throwing me through. When the trip was over, I landed on something pink and plush. The place was strange, for some reason it looked like I was in a cracked open walnut. I looked around to see the princesses, a rather grey looking group of ponies, and Discord just looking at me confused.

What the hell does the reversing mirror even do to the tiger claws? I got off the pink pillow and brushed myself off before glancing at the princesses. “Quick question: Do you two know me?” They just shook their heads. “Maldita sea! Well I guess that answers that question. Golden Tiger Claws!” I tore open a new hole and jumped in, returning to the throne room in my world right above Discord.

And then he spoke the words I was dreading. “Reversing Mirror.” My claws went crazy again, opening a new portal before I could even hit the ground. This time I ended up in the middle of a street in Ponyville. I looked around to see Scootaloo and a green furred pegasus with Ben’s watch symbol on his chest both looking at me with confusion. So… I’m in Ben’s world? Guess that isn’t the worst world I could be sent to. I jumped to my feet, waving my unfilled hand at the two and spitting out “Hi Scootaloo, hi Ben,” before cutting a portal back home.

This time I landed away from Discord, quickly changing the claws out for the “Fist of Tebigong!” Discord just yawned, putting the mirror between us and lazily saying “Reversing Mirror.” The moment the fist hit the mirror, it felt like I was slammed in the face by Applejack’s buck. I went sailing across the room before hitting the wall and slowly sliding down to the floor. My vision was clouded by stars as Discord spoke.

“As fun as that was, I’m not here to play around with you. Well, I am, just not like that.” He threw the locket around his neck before floating around the ponies. “If you want your precious elements of harmony back, you’ll have to find them my way. To retrieve your missing Elements, just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began.” Discord vanished into thin air as I finally could see enough to find Dojo fanning me. I stumbled to my feet as the ponies pondered what the riddle meant.

“Twists and turns... twists and turns... twists and turns! That's it! I bet Discord hid the Elements in the palace labyrinth!” Twilight exclaimed as she looked out the window. In moments her and her friends ran out of the room. Luna walked up to me with concern.

“Are you alright?” I shook off my dizziness before turning toward the door.

“I’m fine Luna. I should follow them and help.” I moved to leave only for her to stand in my way.

“Be that as it may, I… wanted to talk to you. About what happened at the gala.”

I shook my head. “Luna, I promise we can talk about this, but can it wait until the world isn’t in danger?”

She gave me a sad look that nearly broke my stance on the subject before she sighed. “Yes, of course. We should focus on the task at hand.” She turned to follow her sister to another part of the castle before looking back. “Remember though, you promised.” She gave me a small smile before walking away, Dojo hopping onto my shoulder as I did the same.

Once I was outside, I glanced around. “Now which direction was the labyrinth?” I muttered, scratching my head.

“They won’t find what they are looking for there, and neither will you.” Dojo and I turned to this new voice, seeing a human man dressed in strange armor. His hair was a dark green, almost black, and long enough to reach his waist in the back. His eyes seemed to be draconic, slits for pupils with orange coloring behind them.

“And who are you?” I questioned.

“The name is Chase. Chase Young. A pleasure to finally meet the dragon warrior I’ve heard so much about.” He walked up to me and held out a hand to shake.

“Allan Rhodes, though I guess you already know that.” We shook hands before I asked “So are you a Displaced?”

He nodded. “Indeed I am, though I have been in this world long enough to hear of your deeds. You show great talent in martial arts. A shame you seem dependent on Shen Gong Wu.”

“Ya, well if I could defend Equestria without them I’d probably agree with you.”

He placed a hand on my shoulder. “You don’t give yourself enough credit. Learning to depend on one’s self instead of using magical objects as a crutch is a lesson not only you should learn.”

I rose an eyebrow at him. “You mean the girls. What do you know about the elements?”

“I know they will not find them there, or anywhere. After all, what sort of man allows his enemies to have the key to defeating them?”

“A crazy one? I think anyone with a brain could see Discord isn’t exactly all there.”

Dojo sighed. “Yep, that’s Bob for you. Even before he was exposed to the Fountain of Wi he was kind of kooky.” He emphasized this by spinning a talon around next to his head.

“Still, even if he is that foolish, your friends have misunderstood the riddle. ‘You will find the elements back where you began.’ He was speaking of your home, in Ponyville.”

“Then we should go. Magical crutch or not, the longer Discord is free the worse things will get. Dojo?” He nodded before jumping off and growing to full size.

“What if what I said was true, hm?” Chase spoke. “What if he is smart enough to just continue dangling your prize in front of you on a fishing hook?”

“Then what can we- huh?” My scroll chose this to be the perfect time to activate. I pulled it open and took a look. “Sun-Chi Lantern?” I watched the picture, depicting a man using the lantern to absorb some kind of energy from others. A quick read of the text revealed it to be chi. “So it allows one to use the chi of others?”

“A most useful Shen Gong Wu, especially if you need to distract a reality bending demon such as Discord.” Chase nodded as I rose an eyebrow at him.

“What happened to magical items being a crutch?”

“Though I don’t agree with it, you are correct. We need the elements to stop him as they are the only force strong enough to seal him away. If you are going to get them though, you will need him distracted. Surely with your chi combined with that of your friends will you be able to give them the time they need to find the elements.”

I nodded before jumping up on Dojo. “Wanna come along? I could always use the help.” Chase gave me a small smile before leaping onto Dojo’s back behind me. I glanced at the scroll as it switched to compass mode. “Dojo, head west. We’ve got a Wu to find.”