• Published 15th Dec 2014
  • 477 Views, 21 Comments

Vinyl's New World - Bleuv



Vinyl Scratch appears on Earth and must live a normal life.

  • ...
3
 21
 477

New Responsibilities

Vinyl levitated albums for sorting around her. She puts them in alphabetical order, perfectly straight and right side up. This was her third day at her job, and so far no complaints from Chris or the manager, which she considers a success. So far Vinyl still has no place to live, besides the couch in the alley way, which despite the smell is surprisingly very comfy. But Vinyl is happy, since she gets to constantly be around her favorite thing: Music.

As Vinyl is nodding her head to the sound of music coming from the store stereo, Chris walks over to her.

"Vinyl?", Chris taps her shoulder.

"Yeah, Chris?", Vinyl responds. She looks up at him.

"You've been doing a surprisingly good job", Chris said. "I was kind of worried you would be a waste of our time..no offence."

"I understand", Vinyl smiles. "I would probably think the same if I were you."

Chris smiles. "Anyway, I thought I would just tell you that. Just keep doing what you're doing, and maybe you'll get a promotion soon", Chris says.

"That would be fantastic!", Vinyl says enthusiastically. Chris walks back off to work at the front desk. Vinyl continued stocking the shelves for the remainder of the work day.

As the end of the day came, she clocked out and walked outside onto the sidewalk. People who go past this place often have begun to just accept Vinyl and not bother her. Though, that doesn't mean people still don't walk past her, glaring at her.

Vinyl continued to walk down the sidewalk as she heads home after a productive workday.

As she enters her apartment, Vinyl falls onto her bed. She takes a few moments to think about her day, and what she'll do tomorrow. As she closes her eyes, she retreats to a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

Eyyyy, it's been awhile. So yeah, this was a short chapter. I apologize for the wait, as I've been taking a break from school. It'll just keep getting worse, as I'm getting into finals. But hey, here is a little treat for my wait. I'm sorry it's so short, but I'll hopefully be doing more chapters as I get the time.

Comments ( 2 )

So, in the first paragraph it stated that she had no plce to live, and by the end, she now has an apartment? Was there a time skip, or am I just nitpicking? Ah well, hope this updates soon.

Wowzers in me trousers, it has been over two years since I have been on this site. Quite the hiatus, if you ask me. Looking back at all of these comments talking about my grammatical errors makes me so disappointed at my past self. I seriously couldn't tell the difference between 'through' and 'threw'? Ridiculous! Come on, Bleuv. Oh well, that was two years ago. I just wanted to check in and post something. As of right now I will not be posting any new chapters to this story, as I will be starting university soon. My major is Computer Science and my minor is Chemistry, so it's safe to say I will have a lot of my plate. But hey, maybe sometime I will get bored and write something. Who knows; things constantly change.

Login or register to comment