• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 2,032 Views, 262 Comments

The Black Cloak Files - kudzuhaiku



A collection of side stories from The Chase, chronicling the adventures of the Black Cloaks

  • ...
17
 262
 2,032

Drained (2)

Looking around carefully, Sunset Shimmer studied the wagon lot in the back of a large factory and warehouse. The factory made snow globes that were sold in the various touristy places in Las Pegasus, and had recently began production. Before the fall of Las Pegasus, the factory had mass manufactured high quality wagon wheels.

One wagon was completely smashed. Something had broken it right in two. It was a buckboard wagon, long, meant to haul cargo, and it was broken in the middle. The two halves were some distance apart. Another wagon had been picked up and thrown by something. It was sitting on top of a pile of rusting machinery left to ruin.

The highly intelligent unicorn could only think of one thing that could do such a feat, something she was entirely too familiar with thanks to Master and his obsessions. She studied the ground, looking for more clues, but already knowing what had done this.

A golem.

“Nopony saw anything?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“Do you see anypony around?” an officer responded, remembering all too well that just a little while ago the unicorn had been a terrifyingly large orange and red dragon.

“No. This area is kinda empty, which is weird. I mean, big factory right over there,” Sunset Shimmer said as she looked around, her black cloak whipping in the breeze. She looked once more at the broken wagon. Remembering Master’s words about being clever, Sunset Shimmer cast a special magical detection spell. Not a spell that shows where magic is, but one that showed where magic was.

Footsteps slowly appeared on the ground. Big round circles. Large round circles. Sunset Shimmer looked at them and then looked at the officers, feeling entirely too curious. “Hey, what’s off in that direction?”

“Lots and lots of abandoned industrial development. The biggest factory out that way used to turn soybean oil into plastic. Used to employ a lot of ponies before the collapse,” an officer responded. “Most of the smaller developments around it were all support factories and such and a place that made plastic goods, like bowls, cups, and plates.”

“Hmm,” Sunset hummed as she realised that the footprints seemed to lead in that direction. Lifting her head high, the mare peered off into the distance. A golem that size was dangerous and she wasn’t sure she could take it on all by herself, if it was actually over there. “Both of you, go get lots of backup. I mean get everything you can muster. I gotta bad feeling about this.”


The footprints left behind a very noticeable trail. Golems were, by their very natures, magical creatures. Very magical creatures. And everywhere the massive creature had stepped, it had left behind a faint trace of passing magic, something that would only be noticed by a clever unicorn. And Master was teaching Minion how to be exceptionally clever.

The prints ended at a door. A highly warded and very well protected door that reeked of magic. A worrisome sign. Even casting a spell on the door to try and break the spells would set off alarms. A faint cackle escaped Sunset Shimmer’s lips as she pondered the situation. With a flash of magic, she shrank down and became a bright orange and yellow june bug. Crawling forward, she crept through the crack that existed under the door. There were no defenses here. Something had been careless in the creation of the protective wards and spells.

On the other side of the door, Sunset Shimmer became a unicorn again. She felt her stomach gurgle. All of this deep magic was taxing. She was inside of a large factory warehouse. Something acrid was in the air, something bitter, it stung her nostrils and burned her throat. The air was cold in here, far more so than standard air conditioning. Sunset Shimmer could see her breath.

“Bad Minion.”

The voice of her Master suddenly appearing in her ear very nearly caused Sunset Shimmer to lose control of her bladder. She squeezed her hind legs together, lifting one up off of the ground entirely, and squeezed her thighs together to hold everything in.

“What have I told you about going in alone?” Bucky demanded as he slowly coalesced into a solid mass next to Sunset Shimmer. He glared balefully at his student.

“You spooky chewed up creep, I nearly pissed myself,” Sunset Shimmer protested in a very low voice. “How did you get here?”

“A very reasonably sized dragonfly,” Bucky replied nonchalantly. “I didn’t scare half the city to death.”

“I gave them something to talk about and made their lives exciting,” Sunset Shimmer said, sniffing in disdain at Bucky. “We’re dealing with a golem.”

“I know,” Bucky stated in a soft whisper. “Don’t lose your head,” he warned.

“This is going to suck, isn’t it Master?” Sunset inquired sweetly, her voice almost musical and filled with the hint of manic glee. She bounced in place, her knees flexing.

“Probably,” Bucky grumbled, hating his student’s enthusiasm for things that sucked.

“Well then, we should announce our presence and get it over with,” Sunset Shimmer said smartly. She took a deep breath, held it for a moment while steeling her nerve, and then she shouted: “YOOHOO! YOU HAVE VISITORS!”

In the distance, there was a roar. It was the sort of roar that scared most ponies, the sort of roar that even made some ponies faint. Any sane pony would now be running from this sort of roar, but the two unicorns in black cloaks had long ago ditched their sanity, both feeling that it was holding them back from more worthwhile endeavours, like staying alive and surviving through moments of extreme danger.

“Woohoo! Combat! Come get some!” Sunset Shimmer shouted as she made herself ready for the danger to come. “We have a big one!”

“Oh bugger,” Bucky remarked as he began to move.

Sunset Shimmer began casting a variety of spell protections, shield spells, and powerful defensive enchantments. Her hooves glowed for a moment and then her mane and tail poofed into a living fire as she ignited. Her black cloak became a shroud of flame. White flames flared from her eyes, sparks rained down from her body and bounced over the floor.

Meanwhile, Bucky stood there and patiently waited as something thundered towards them, stomping, the whole building shuddered from each thudding footfall. He didn’t have to wait long, something came from around a wall and stomped into full view.

Something over ten feet tall and made of stone.

“Minion, be careful,” Bucky warned as the golem’s massive fist raised high.

Taking off at a run, Sunset Shimmer worked on avoidance while Bucky just stood there. She began dispelling protections, flanking the massive brute. She watched as it brought it’s fist down upon Bucky, and she felt a moment of panic even though she knew it would be okay.

The golem connected with nothing but shadow. It roared in fury and confusion, swiping at the black writhing mass that Bucky had become. Ice began to coat the golem, and a foul smell filled the factory, the terrible stench of raw eggs.

Bucky had learned to hold back the toxic vapour that was his shadow essence, but could not contain all of the stench, only the very worst of it. The nostril raping reek of hydrogen sulphide filled the air.

“Master! Rotten eggs, Master!” Sunset cried as she lit the golem up in an opal green glow, her horn flaring as bright as the sun. She let out an angry snort at the golem began to slow in its movements. She stuck out her tongue at the golem.

Then, the golem ignored Bucky’s shadowy mass and took a swipe at Sunset Shimmer.

“Dirty pool!” Bucky snarled, his disembodied voice echoing oddly around the room. He froze the ground at the golems feet, creating a large sheet of ice. He then teleported himself and Sunset Shimmer some distance away.

Slipping around wildly, the golem fell over with a terrific thud, cracking the floor and causing dust to fall down from the ceiling. It roared in fury, bellowing with rage as it struggling to regain its footing.

“Never touch Minon!” Bucky shouted as dark magic flickered around his long jagged horn. A beam of black energy shot out and struck the golem. One massive stone arm turned to mud, bubbling and burbling as it spread out over the floor. He flooded the golem with even more magic, softening the stone and transmuting it into mud, and as he did so, he heard angry shouting.

“Incoming!” Sunset Shimmer warned as bright light flared all around her and Bucky.

Whirling, Bucky turned to face the two unicorns. Sunset was already stripping away their spell protections. Harmony magic flickered along Bucky’s horn and a beam of energy struck one of the unicorns, then the other.

Both of them ceased spell casting immediately, one clutched his stomach. There was a loud gurgle. The other closed his eyes and whimpered, his tail hiking up in the air and flipping off to the side.

“Master… did you have to?” Sunset Shimmer protested as one unicorn’s backside suddenly exploded, a fine brown mist filling the air behind him.

The other fell over, clutching stomach, his expression a grimace of discomfort.

“You know, having been in your position, I have to say, the only way you will feel better is to stop fighting and let it out. Your intestines have been thoroughly hydrated… Master made a marvellous spell. No known spell defenses work against it because it is not perceived as being hostile magic. Master was helping you by giving you a helpful magical enema, flushing out your bowels for you and leaving you very, very hydrated. You’ll feel better in a day or two,” Sunset Shimmer explained as the other unicorn began to spurt out great gushing blasts of liquified fecal matter. The mare’s nose crinkled and she lifted her head high, pulling it back and away from the sight before her.

“You may experience some discomfort and puckering of your anus. I recommend a soothing lotion,” Bucky said in a helpful well meaning voice. “You probably have a lifetime’s worth of impacted bowel matter in there… you’re going to find that you have lost a lot of weight and will look very slim and attractive. You’re welcome. Sunset Shimmer lost about twenty pounds.”

“MASTER!” Sunset Shimmer protested angrily.

“Well you did… you even seemed happy about it,” Bucky said in a painfully smug voice, turning to look at his apprentice.

“These are personal details. You need not tell everypony that I had twenty pounds of impacted fecal matter lodged in my bowels!” Sunset shouted.

There was a wet whooshing sound from both unicorns as more feculent sludge shot out from their backsides. Both whimpered. The mess began to puddle up on the floor. One unicorn’s stomach made a gurgling sound and then his sides began to heave and clench.

“You may experience loose stool, runny flatulence, and some cramping,” Bucky said helpfully as he began to trot away from the completely helpless unicorns. “This will keep going until you are completely cleaned out. Do you eat a lot of junk food?”

One unicorn whimpered, a begging pleading wordless cry for help, but there was no help to be had. Already, Sunset Shimmer was following after Bucky, her nostrils crinkling as she turned back to look at the mess they were leaving behind. The whole floor was now flooded around the unicorns, and the golem was nothing more than a pile of bubbling mud.

“That went well,” Bucky announced as he pushed his way further into the factory.

“Master, I agree,” Sunset Shimmer responded, nodding her head enthusiastically.

Author's Note:

Eeew...

Typos?