• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 2,289 Views, 60 Comments

Little Orphan Apple Bloom - AlleyCat124



Apple Bloom was left in an orphanage by her parents promising to come back to get her. Discord needs to improve his image with the pony folk. So he invites Applebloom to stay at his house for Hearth's Warming. He didn't realize the dramatic

  • ...
3
 60
 2,289

Little Orphan Applebloom

“It’s snowing! It’s snowing!!!” Sweetie Belle screamed as she raced towards the window, swinging it open to get a better look. Her white coat blended in with the snow as the little unicorn buried her face in the cold, wet fluffiness that landed on the window sill, covering her white and purple hair. Racing in after her was a little orange pegasus with purple pixie cut hair.

“Alright!!! Finally we can have some fun around here!!” she screamed as she also buried her face in the snow.

“Hey Apple Bloom! Come here and look at the snow!!” Scootaloo called. Sitting on one of the bunk beds was a yellow earth pony with red hair and a big pink bow.

“Comin!” she called with a thick southern accent. Placing a piece of paper under her pillow, she raced towards the window to join her friends as they looked at the fresh snow that was covering the town.

Ponyville was busy this season. Hearth’s Warming was coming soon and everyone was bustling about putting up decorations, buying presents and trees, and playing around in the fresh snow. The three little filly’s hearts sped and warmed up at the thought of Hearth’s Warming, but sank as they looked back in their room. Every year, they forget for one moment that they were here.

The orphanage where they were was falling apart. Inside was dull and gray as they took in there worn bunk beds and gray walls. They only reason they knew the snow was coming was because of the lack of heat. All three fillies sighed as the realization hit them.

“Maybe Mrs. Chrysalis will get us a tree this year.” Sweetie Belle offered unconvincingly.

“Yeah, and pigs will fly.” Scootaloo retorted back.

Apple Bloom sunk her head and went back to her bed and pulled out the note that was under her pillow. “Maybe this year, my parents will come and get me.” She said hopefully.

“Like that will ever happen.” Said a snide remark from across the room.

Applebloom groaned as she turned towards the fillies coming toward her. The one who made the comment was a pink earth pony with purple and white hair and a tiara on her head to match her cutie mark. She was accompanied by a gray earth pony with light blue glasses, white hair in a braid over her shoulder and a silver spoon cutie mark.

“Of course it’ll happen!” Apple Bloom replied angrily. “My parents promised me in this note that they’d come back ferr me.”

“And yet here you are. Face it Apple Bloom, you’re an orphan just like the rest of us. Your parents didn’t want you and they threw you away.” Diamond Tiara retorted.

“Yeah, and who would want to adopt a blank flank anyway.” Silver Spoon taunted.

“Hey, leave her alone!” Shouted a filly across the room. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon stopped laughing as they looked toward the little earth pony coming toward them. She stomped over to them and stood firmly in front of Apple Bloom protectively. The two took in the light brown filly with short red hair, coming down slightly over her eye that she had to blow away. They cringed as the filly towered over them; her freckles making her glare even more intimidating. The little earth fillies screamed as they ran from the room.

Apple Bloom came around her and nudged her shoulder in thank. “Thanks Babs.”

“Hey, don’t mention it.” Babs Seed replied in her heavy Manehattan accent. “Those two always get on my nerves. It’s good to have and excuse intimidating them.” She replied with a side grin.

Apple Bloom smiled with her, but then frowned again as she looked at the letter. What if they were right? This was written when she was only a baby. She’s 10 now and they still haven’t come to take her away from this horrible place. What if they really did just abandon her and only wrote this outta guilt? What if they forgot her? What if…..?

Sensing her distress, Sweetie Belle and Scootloo walked over to they’re friend. “Hey Apple Bloom, can you read us your letter again?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yea, your letter always makes me feel happy when I hear it.” Sweetie Belle put in.

Apple Bloom smiled at her friends, being grateful that they wanted to cheer her up. Just that thought alone made her feel better. The three fillies along with Babs went over to the bunk beds and gathered around Apple Bloom as she read her letter that she knew by heart.

‘Please take care of our little darling. Her name is Apple Bloom. We will be back to get her soon. We have left half of a silver locket around her neck and kept the other half, so that when we come back to get her, you will know that she is our baby.’

As she read it, Apple Bloom clutched the silver locket around her neck. She hasn’t taken it off once and never will.

“Feel better?” Babs Seed asked.

Apple Bloom nodded her head with a smile painted on her face, knowing she was lucky to had best friends like she has.

“What do you think they’re like?” Scootaloo asked excitedly.

“I don’t know. Maybe on a nice mornin, he pours her a nice cup of coffee while she straightins his tie, right before he goes to work.” Apple Bloom thought with a content sigh.

“Oooh! I bet your parents are young and artistic, like, they play piano or collect art!” Sweetie Belle chimed in; getting excited just thinking about it.

“Well, whatever they’re like, I bet they’re wonderful.” Babs inquired with conviction.

Apple Bloom looked at the clocked as it struck 9 o’clock. “Uh-oh, we best be gettn asleep. Mrs. Chrysalis will have us scrubbin the whole house with our toothbrushes if we don’t get to bed.” At that thought alone, they scrambled into they’re beds. Apple Bloom gave her letter one last look before she tucked it lovingly under her pillow. Resting her head of the pillow, the little earth pony drifted off to sleep as she gazed at the falling snow outside.



Over in Canterlot stood a big white mansion. Lights lit up the household as sun set. All was quiet, except for a yellow pegasus flying around the mansion in search for the owner of the household.

“Oh, where could he have gone off to?” She whispered to herself worriedly; her long pink hair swishing back and forth as she searched the place frantically. She flew around the house, searching every room, leaving no stone unturned until she found who she was looking for.

She almost went by a closed door when she heard a crash coming from behind the door. She looked at it questioningly. This wasn’t here before. She opened the door hesitantly and peered inside. She squeaked in surprise as she surveyed the room before her. She felt like she was outside as she flew into the room and onto the indoor baseball field. It didn’t make sense, but for the Lord of Chaos, anything was possible. Speaking of which, the little pegasus squeaked in fright as she heard another whack. She looked toward the source as she saw the Lord of Chaos himself hitting a ball. The creature looked like nothing you’ve ever seen. With the head of a horse-like pony, a deer antler on the right, a goat horn of the left, one long fang, different sized pupils, a snake tongue, a horse mane, and a goat beard. The rest of his body consists of the right paw of a lion, the left claw of an eagle, the right leg of a lizard, the left hoof of a goat, the right wing of a bat, the left wing of a pegasus, and a dragon-like snake tail with a white tail tuft. To anyone who didn’t know him, he would’ve scared anypony from the room, but the little pegasus didn’t even flinch.

“Discord! We need to talk!” she barked as she flew over to the draconequus.

Discord lit up as the pegasus flew over to him. “Flutteryshy! You’re just in time. I just hit my second home run and I’m about to hit my third.” He explained as he prepared for another swing.
Throwing the pitch was another Discord. Throwing the ball, Discord hit his third homerun. Fluttershy squeaked in terror as she dodged the home run. As she gained her composure, she glared at Discord.

“Oops.” He cringed. “Sorry.” Snapping his fingers, the equipment disappeared along with the second Discord. Fluttershy flew down to him.

“Discord, I thought we agreed no more play rooms. You have enough, and your making more work for the housekeepers to clean up.” She lectured.

“Oh lighten up Fluttershy. It’s they’re job. They get paid to clean up messes. Now come on and play a round with me. You can be my cheerleader.” he explained absent mindlessly.

Fluttershy blushed at the thought. “Oh, I could never be a cheerleader….” She whispered in embarrassment.

“Nonsense! You’d be the cutest cheerleader. Now come on, one more round?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

“No, I came to talk to you. We have a serious matter to discuss. The newspaper caught you pranking someone again!” She stated disapprovingly.

“Oh, is this about the tomatoes I made rain down in the park?” he asked annoyingly.

“No.”

“The time I turned ponies hair into cotton candy?”

“No.”

“The ice sculptures I made into pudding?”

“No….?”

“Turning sunscreen into sugar water so ponies are invaded by ants?”

“How many pranks have you pulled?”

“Or how about….”

“DISCORD!!!” Fluttershy screamed, interrupting his next sentence.

“Oh relax, it’ll all blow over in no time.” He explained, waving it off.

“Discord, you have to stop pranking ponies. If this continues, Princess Celestia will notice and turn you back into stone. You have to clean up your act or no pony will ever come to you for help.”

Discord groaned in annoyance. Ever since he was released from his stone prison, he made a deal with Princess Celestia that he would only use his chaos for good. Helping ponies in need. But as his pranking continued, ponies stopped showing up less and less for help, and it was starting to show. But who cares, the only reason he did this was to make sure he didn’t get imprisoned in stone again.

He glanced over at the yellow pegasus hovering over his, her bright teal eyes glaring at him. That, and the company that he has. Fluttershy was the first to befriend him and promised Princess Celestia that she would keep watch over him. She was the only reason that he didn’t go overboard with his chaos, at least not as over the top as a normal draconequus could make.

Groaning in defeat, he turned to Fluttershy. “Fine, I’ll tone down my pranking.” He promised through his teeth.

“Tone down?” she questioned.

“No promises.” He retorted back.

“That’s not going to be enough. You need to do something to make the ponies see that you are reformed and that they can come to you.” She explained, mentally thinking of plan.

“So what should I do, then?”

She pondered for a bit before she came up with an idea. “Fillies! Everypony loves fillies. We can go to an orphanage and have all the children spend Hearth’s Warming here. That would definitely show them how kind you really are.” She explained.

“Oh no! I’m not going to spend my Hearth’s Warming with a bunch of little brats swarming my house!” he argued back.

“Ok…..then how about one? Just one should be enough.”

He looked away in defiance, but Fluttershy would have none of that.

“Discord…..” she warned.

Sweet Celestia, if only she wasn’t so enticing when she was angry. Fluttershy was the only one he would bow his head to. Discord threw his arms up in defeat. “Alright fine!!! But after the holiday, that little urchin is going back to where it came from!!”

Author's Note:

This is my first mlp fanfic so please go easy. suggestions are encouraged. thank you