• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 2,261 Views, 60 Comments

Little Orphan Apple Bloom - AlleyCat124



Apple Bloom was left in an orphanage by her parents promising to come back to get her. Discord needs to improve his image with the pony folk. So he invites Applebloom to stay at his house for Hearth's Warming. He didn't realize the dramatic

  • ...
3
 60
 2,261

The Deal

Apple Bloom’s head started to grow warm as the first rays of sunlight streamed through the windows in her new room. Rabidly blinking her eyes to the morning sun, Apple Bloom groggily lifted her head from her pillow and gazed around her new room.

Fluttershy thought it would be best to be put in a room that was as normal as possible, and she couldn’t agree more. It was meant to be a simple room, but compared the quarters that Apple Bloom was used to, this room was paradise. Light tan walls painted the four walls, two massive windows to her left with dark red curtains; a nicely detailed fireplace was across from the queen sized bed that Apple Bloom was currently occupying.

Apple Bloom has never rested on a more comfortable bed in all her life than she did last night. It was like lying on a cloud while being surrounded by fluffy sheep. It was heaven and she didn’t want to leave her cloud bed any time soon. It was the first time in her life that she didn’t have to get up before Celestia raised the sun and she wanted to enjoy it.

Sadly, that didn’t last. One moment she was laying in her cloud bed, and the next, she was falling in a pool of ice cold water. With a loud yelp, Apple Bloom jumped out of the bed of water and onto the solid ground. Soaking wet and ice cold, Apple Bloom snuggled close to the dying fire in her room. After a few minutes of heating herself, she looked back at her bed to see that it was back to normal. Groaning to herself for being forcibly thrown from her bed, she looked back to the dying firing to see that the flames shaped into a message. Looking closer, the flames read “Breakfast time, brat!” and with that, the flames returned to normal.

Yelling in frustration, Apple Bloom stomped over to the closet to grab a towel to dry her off. Discord was not going to make her stay easy. Well, Discord, two can play at that game; and with an evil smile growing on her face, countless plans for the day formulated in her head.



“Discord……this was not what I meant by waking her up.” Fluttershy scolded as she ran a brush through Apple Bloom’s stubborn red hair. Fluttershy, Apple Bloom and Discord were all gathered in the living room; Fluttershy sitting on the couch with Apple Bloom sitting on the floor in front of her, brushing her hair. Discord was draped upside down over an armchair, sipping his morning tea; tea staying in his cup even though he was upside down.

“Oh relax, Flutter-buddy, it’s not like a little splash of water ever hurt anypony.” He chuckled; getting a brow-raise from Fluttershy and Apple Bloom. “Besides, she’s up, isn’t she?”

“That’s not the point Discord. It’s rude to wake somepony up like that. What if she got hurt?” Fluttershy inquired, finally applying Apple Bloom’s pink ribbon in her hair.

“It’s alright, Fluttershy. Nothin’ wrong with a harmless prank now and then.” Apple Bloom answered with a smile. Turning to Discord, Apple Bloom held out her hoof. “That wuz a good prank, Discord.”

“See Fluttershy? SOMEOPONY knows how to be a good sport about this.” Discord went and grabbed onto Apple Bloom’s hoof only to feel and electric current run through his arm.

“GAH!!” He screamed, pulling his arm away. Shaking and holding his paw, he looked down at Apple Bloom to see her rolling on the floor laughing.

“That’s for dropping me in water!” she barked, getting more laughs out. Lifting her hoof, she showed Discord an empty hoof. A second later, a joy buzzer appeared onto her hoof.

“What the-?”

“It’s a camouflage joy buzzer! My friend Scootaloo got it from the joke shop and gave it to me. I thought it would come in handy to put somepony in his place.” Apple Bloom smirked at the baffled draconequus.

Discord stared hard at the filly in front of him. As much as he hated to admit, the little brat got him. “Well played…..” he stated after a moment of staring at each other. He heard a giggle and turned his head to look at Fluttershy who was trying but failing to suppress her laughter.

“I’m sorry Discord, but it’s rare to see a pony get the best of you.”

“Why do I always get in trouble when I prank somepony, but you laugh when she pranks me!? Honestly Flutters, I think you’re playing favorites.” Discord pouted, crossing his arms.

“Because when you prank, you take it too far.” Fluttershy answered bluntly.

“Well now you’re just splitting hairs.”

Fluttershy shook her head, knowing she wasn’t going to get anywhere with Discord. Deciding to change the subject, she turned to Apple Bloom. “I was thinking that I could introduce you to my friends. They arrived after you went to bed, so I was hoping you would like to meet.”

“That sounds great!” Apple Bloom exclaimed. She couldn’t wait to do so many things. All she ever did was work, work and work some more. Now she could finally do something different.

Smiling at the excited Apple Bloom, Fluttershy the turns to Discord. “Discord, I think you need to go through your pony request letters. You skipped most of them yesterday.”

“Request letters?” Apple Bloom inquires.

“Oh yes. You see, ponies come to see Discord to ask him for help in solving problems. Ponies come in, tell him their problems, and Discord helps them. But sometimes ponies can’t travel far, so they send him letters. Sometimes he doesn’t have to use his chaotic magic, but other times, ponies bring him problems that only his magic can solve.”

“Ugh….but it’s so boring!!!” Discord whined, slithering around Fluttershy until he was practically laying on her. “All I ever hear and read is whining, whining and more whining!”

“Discord, we’ve been over this and….”

“Yea yea, we need to help ponies, show them that I’m a changed stallion, blah, blah, blah. I get it.” And with a snap, Discord was sitting on the floor, facing away from Fluttershy and Apple Bloom pouting.

Fluttershy hated to see him upset, but this was for his own good in the end. If only there was a way to motivate him….

An idea popped into Fluttershy’s head. “Discord, if you can go through all those letters by the end of the day, we’ll do whatever you want to do tomorrow.”

Discord’s ears stood up and he turned to Fluttershy. “Anything?”

“Within reason, yes.” Fluttershy replied, making it clear that she didn’t mean literally anything.

“So I just have to get them all done by the end of today?”

“Yes. And I mean properly Discord, not rushing through them like last time. Saying yes or no to every single one of them isn’t going to work. And don’t think I won’t check.”

“Fine, fine. But remember, you said anything.” Discord cooed.

Fluttershy’s ears went down. She knew she was going to regret her promise one way or another, but she was hoping with a little motivation, Discord would actually get his work done the right way. And who knows, maybe Discord will actually ask for something within reason…….maybe.

Discord’s ears flopped in excitement. His ideas are always getting shot down by her, and now she’s giving him a pass to ask for whatever he wants? Sure, he could do that anyway, but he always tried to not cause so much trouble because he didn’t want to upset her, but now, he’s getting a freebee!! Discord ran through his mind what to ask for. He could ask to play some more pranks, but he does that anyway. Maybe he could ask if they could give that devil Angel rabbit of hers a color change, maybe even put a little dress on him that he has to where for a month. As much as he would like that, he didn’t think Fluttershy would that much.

He stared at Fluttershy as he contemplated what to ask of her. He noticed that her ears were down and her eyes were filled with worry. Well, he couldn’t blame her for worrying. Fluttershy knew him too well. She probably already has guessed a couple of his ideas. He couldn’t help but smile. He liked the fact the she knew him so well. No other creature has ever understood him and accepted him as much as she has.

His eyes widen in realization when he figured out what he wanted. He grinned as he turned to Fluttershy.

“Alright, Flutterbuddy. I’ve decided what I wanted to tomorrow.”

Fluttershy braced herself for his answer. “Y-yes?”

“Tomorrow I want to spend the whole day together.”

Fluttershy stared at Discord. She wasn’t really expecting that. “What?”

“I want to spend the day together. Honestly, Fluttershy, I think you need to get your hearing checked.” He answered, grabbing her ears and extending and peering into them.

“Oh, it’s nothing like that. I just wasn’t expecting that, that’s all.” Fluttershy stammered out.

“Well, my dear Fluttershy. It occurred to me that with you spending all your time with your animals and me, having such a huge heart, helping so many ponies in need, that we don’t spend time together any more. And as best friends, it’s only natural that we spend some time together. That is, of course, you have other plans?” Discord inquired, lifting up an eyebrow.

“Oh, no. I don’t have anything planned. I would love to spend the day with you.” Fluttershy beamed.

Fluttershy’s smile was so wide and she looked so excited that Discord had to turn away to hide the blush that was creeping up. “Now then!!! I better start on those letters.” He barks out, flashing on a mail-pony uniform and having a huge sack of letters over his shoulder three times his size. “Don’t want to keep all those desperate ponies waiting!” and with a flash, Discord disappears.

Fluttershy was still beaming when Discord left. She could feel a small blush rising to her cheeks. Out of all the things that Discord could ask for, he asked to spend the day with her. It was so sweet that he wanted to spend some time with her. She was pretty sure he was going to ask to do something humiliating to Angel bunny. And it wasn’t like it was just Discord who wanted to spend time together. She was also starting to notice that they barely saw each other, and she couldn’t wait to catch up with him.

Apple Bloom watched the whole thing silently in the corner. Sure, she knew Discord was reformed, but she didn’t know that he actually helped other ponies with his magic. I mean, it was clear that he couldn’t care less, but at least he was doing it anyway. It was also apparent that Discord really liked Fluttershy, and apparently, given the face on Fluttershy’s face, she liked him too. To what extent, she wasn’t sure, but she was going to find out.

Apple Bloom waited a few seconds before she realized that Fluttershy was in a different world. Rolling her eyes, Apple Bloom gave a loud cough to get her attention. Snapping out of her day dream, Fluttershy turned to Apple Bloom; realizing that she was still here.

“W-well, now that that’s taken care of, why don’t we head down to the kitchen? I guess because of your unexpected wake up call, you didn’t get any breakfast.” Fluttershy explained, changing the subject.

Apple Bloom’s stomach rumbled with the thought of food. “Now that ah think about it, ah am a little hungry.” She answered, hiding her embarrassment.

“Well, Apple Jack should still be down there cleaning up some of her apple scones that she baked. Maybe she’ll have some more for us. Shall we?”

With a firm nod from Apple Bloom, Fluttershy led the way to the kitchens to give her some breakfast, Apple Bloom following close behind.




Discord was sitting in his ‘office’ which was basically a blue and yellow polka dotted desk that floated in the middle of the room, with stacks and stacks of piled high letters from today and the one’s he neglected to do yesterday.

He groaned in frustration. This would be so much easier if he just said yes or no to every single one of them and he’d be done in a jiffy. But Fluttershy was going to check, and that meant it would most likely take him the whole day to get this done. Discord let out another frustrated groan.

“OH, this is so boring. I can’t do this for a whole day! I’d go insane!” Discord paused. “Scratch that, I’d go sane with all this work.” Discord stared at the stacks and stacks of letters, each one adding lead to his stomach. How was he supposed to get this done without going sane?

Discord pondered until a light bulb appeared above his head. “Bingo!” Grabbing the light above his head, he conjured up a lamp version of himself and added the lightbulb. Snapping his claws, Discord popped out another Discord.

“Well hello handsome.” Discord 1 greeted.

“Not too bad yourself.” Discord 2 answered.

“So I need you to get this work done for me while I go have some fun.” Discord 1 stated bluntly.

“WHAT!? Why do I have to stay and work? How bout I go have fun and YOU do the work?” Discord 2 questioned.

“Because I’m the original. Besides, once we merge back, I’ll remember ever single letter and still be able to let out my chaos out so I don’t go sane!”

“That…….actually makes sense…” Discord 2 slowly says. A slight shudder runs through his body.

“Oh, I know. The thought of actually making sense doesn’t sit well with me either; but, if this works, I get to have my fun, get my work done, and have my date with Fluttershy tomorrow.” Discord 1 answer gleefully.

“Date?” Discord 2 asks, raising an eyebrow.

“I-I-I mean play-date. You know, because we’re friends, so we go out to have a play date. Oh, why am I explaining myself to me. Just get the work done! I’ll be back before dinner.” Discord 1 turns around and slithers to the door. “Now if you’ll excuse me, there’s a certain brat I have to get back at.” And with that, Discord disappears.

Discord 2 stares after the original Discord then at the piles of letters in his office.

“I think I’d rather have fun instead.” With a snap of his talons, Discord 2 makes another copy of himself and turns to him. “Hello handsome, I need you to get some work done for me.”

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, I'm back!!:pinkiehappy:

I'm really sorry for the really late update. I'll be honest, I was having trouble writing this chapter. I have an idea where I want this story to begin and end, but in between is giving me trouble. Honestly, I kept writing the beginning paragraphs and erasing them cuz I thought they were crap. But after awhile I kind of just went with if and saw what it gave me, and it gave me this. So now I have an idea of how the next couple of chapters are going to go and hopefully it wont take as long as the last time. But with two jobs and college, I have no idea when the next one is going to be out.

Ok, so I have a question for you all and I would very much like your opinion. When I started writing, season 5 wasn't out and we didn't have any idea what was going it happen. Out of all the villains, I went with Chrysalis to do Mrs. Hannigan. Now I know she's not the perfect role for that, but I've made it work. But now that season came out and it's given me new character, I've found that maybe Starlight Glimmer would play a better Mrs. Hannigan. I would very much like your thoughts and opinions because I was thinking of switching, but I wanted to see what my readers thought first.

Again, please comment and review, and let me know your thoughts and thank you for being very patient with me!