• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 2,262 Views, 60 Comments

Little Orphan Apple Bloom - AlleyCat124



Apple Bloom was left in an orphanage by her parents promising to come back to get her. Discord needs to improve his image with the pony folk. So he invites Applebloom to stay at his house for Hearth's Warming. He didn't realize the dramatic

  • ...
3
 60
 2,262

I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here?

“Send it back!” Discord ordered, pointing out the door.

“Discord!” Fluttershy gasped.

“Go ahead! Ah don’t wanna spend time with this jerk anyway!” Apple Bloom yelled.

“Who are you calling a jerk? As far as I can tell, I helped you out! An obvious mistake, I might add.” Discord commented, giving Apple Bloom the cold shoulder.

“Ah told ya ah ran away from that place and whad’ya do?! Ya poof me right back, tied up with a note sayn’ ‘Please discipline me’!”

“You tied her up?” Fluttershy asked with disappointment.

“She ran away from home. How else was I to make sure she stayed put? I thought you’d be happy that I helped a little brat out?” Discord asked, clearly not seeing that he did anything wrong.

“Discord, I’m glad that you were trying to help, but maybe you went a little too far…..” Fluttershy stated delicately, not wanting to hurt Discord’s feelings.

“Moi? Go too far? Now when do I ever to that?” Discord exclaimed with an exaggerated response.

Fluttershy wanted to respond, but realizing the long list that was growing in her head, she opted to let the subject go, and apparently so did Discord.

“’Gone too far’, ‘didn’t do enough’, none of that matters because I don’t want this little brat to set another hoof in my house.” And to prove his point, Discord snapped up a red marker and drew a line on the floor in front of Apple Bloom, all the while glaring at her, daring her to take another step into his home.

“Fine! Ah don’t wanna be in this stupid mansion anyway! I’d rather be back at the orphanage workin an’starvin to death than stay here for another second!” Apple Bloom yelled.

“Then go!” he taunted.

“Ah will!” she countered.

“Good!”

“I’m goin!”

“Fine!”

“Fine!”

With each counter remark, their faces kept getting closer and closer until they were practically touching. Fluttershy could see the annoyance in Discord’s eyes and saw his tail starting to make a snapping motion, and she knew she had to stop it.

“ENOUGH! No pony is going anywhere!” Fluttershy yelled, getting herself between the arguing duo. Both Discord and Apple Bloom turned to Fluttershy in shock, surprised by the sudden outburst of the timid pegasus. Realizing that they were staring, Fluttershy automatically hid behind her mane, and whispered a small “Please…..”

Neither wanted to upset her, so with a final glare at each other, they pulled away and pouted. Seeing that she got their attention, Fluttershy took a deep breath and continued.

“Discord, you need to apologize.”

“WHAT!?” Discord yelled in disbelief.

“I don’t exactly know what happened between you two, but you went too far when it came to tying her up. And she is not an ‘it’ or a ‘brat’. Her name is Apple Bloom and you need to start addressing her as such.” Fluttershy lectured.

“But she called me a jerk!” Discord whined in his defense.

Fluttershy continued to stare at Discord, not taking her eyes off of him until he apologized. Discord did everything in his power not to succumb to the stare, but in the end, he just couldn’t keep himself from looking into those beautiful teal eyes and surrendering.

With great reluctance, Discord muttered a quick “I’m sorry.” Obviously not meaning it, but knowing that she wasn’t going to be getting anymore from him, Fluttershy gave Discord a warm smile.

“Thank you, Discord.”

Discord looked away with a disgusted grunt, but couldn’t hide the blush creeping onto his face.

Fluttershy then turned towards Apple Bloom, noticing the smug look on the little filly’s face, and gave a frown of disapproval.

“Now Apple Bloom, Discord isn’t all to blame. It is not nice to be calling somepony horrible names. Especially somepony that is offering up their home for Hearth’s Warming.” She lectured.

“But you heard’im! He kept calling me names too and tied me up!” Apple Bloom whined back.

“And he is sorry for that-”

“Obviously.” Apple Bloom commented.
“-and is going to be punished, but you need to be the better pony and not insult him either. Now apologize.” Fluttershy ordered.

Apple Bloom wasn’t going to crumble as easily as Discord was and turned away with a hard humph, but Fluttershy wasn’t going to have it. Flying into Apple Bloom’s line of sight, she looked down on her and gave her The Stare.

At first it did nothing, but as the seconds ticked by, Fluttershy’s stare became more and more intense and had Apple Bloom shaking in her hoofs. She didn’t know what it was, but it was like her stare was looking right into her soul, making her feel more and more guilty that she had to get away from her stare of disapproval.

“I’m sorry!” Apple Bloom yelled quickly at Discord, wanting nothing more than for Fluttershy to stop staring at her. Discord couldn’t help but let out a satisfied smirk; secretly relieved to know he wasn’t the only one who couldn’t stand up to the famous stare.

Fluttershy let out a satisfied smile, glad that everything was settled. “Good. Now, why don’t we have a tour of the house.” She suggested.

“Have fun with that.” Discord grunted, as he began to walk away.

“Oh, no you don’t.” Fluttershy warned, stepping on Discord’s tail.

“Hey!” Discord complained, grabbing his tail affectionately.

“You’re coming with us. This is your house Discord and you need to be a good host.” She stated.

“You basically live here too! You know this house as well as I do! If this is my house, I can do whatever I want!” Discord smugly countered.

Apple Bloom watched curiously as the two bantered back and forth. Apple Bloom found herself remembering the time Babs Seed had a crush on a neighboring colt. She would often tease him mercilessly because she was too shy to treat him otherwise.

“Are you two dating?” she found herself asking aloud.

They both stopped in their banter and stared wide-eyed at the little filly.

“W-what?” Fluttershy stuttered.

“What makes you say that?” Discord questioned nervously.

“Ya kinda look like y’all have a thing for each other.” Apple Bloom stated bluntly.

“And you would know that how?” Discord asked raising an eyebrow.

“L-let’s start that tour, shall we?” Fluttershy stuttered, her mane hiding her face as she started walking down the hall. Apple Bloom started to follow suit, but got stopped by an invisible wall. Shaking her head, Apple Bloom tried to go over the red line, but she continued to get stopped by the invisible force field. She glared at Discord who was snickering at her failed attempts to get past the line, but with a cough from Fluttershy, Discord rolled his eyes, licked the thumb of his paw and erased the red line. With a final glare at Discord, Apple Bloom followed Fluttershy through the hallway. Discord hesitated. Fluttershy’s reaction to Apple Bloom’s question intrigued him. Letting the thought settle in his mind, he slowly followed Fluttershy and the little filly.

Apple Bloom looked in awe at the multicolored mansion. Nothing was normal when it came to the interior decor. As she looked around, she saw that nothing was on the floor except for maybe a few tables and flowers hovering a couple of inches above the ground. Apple Bloom looked upwards and gasped as she gazed at the ceiling……that wasn’t there.

Pink clouds decorated the sky. Yes. Sky. Instead of a ceiling, an endless blue sky floated over her filled with floating furniture and decorations.

“I know it’s a lot to take in at first, but you’ll get used to it.” She heard Fluttershy explain to Apple Bloom as they continued along with the tour.

“She won’t be here long enough to get used to it.” Discord muttered to himself.

“What was that?” Fluttershy asked over her shoulder.

“Oh nothing, my dear. I was just thinking that maybe I’d move some of the rooms up to the ceiling. It’s incredibly dull to have them all in a row.” He answered quickly, saying the first excuse that came to mind.

“What ceiling?” Apple Bloom questioned.

“I may have made my ceiling a sky, but it’s still a ceiling.” Discord countered.

“That doesn’t make any sense.” Said Apple Bloom.

“Good. Let’s keep it that way.” Discord answered back.

“Discord, we agreed to have the doors aligned because most of the cleaning ponies are earth ponies and unicorns. It’s easier for them to clean up. Besides, when you put the doors in the air, they float away and get lost.” Fluttershy lectured.

“Why should I care? This is my mansion and I should have it anyway I want!” Discord whined.

“Are you prepared to clean up after yourself?” Fluttershy questioned.

“Again, why should I?”

“Then we keep the cleaner ponies. Besides, it helps ponies have jobs, so you’re actually being very helpful Discord.” Fluttershy explained, smiling back at Discord.

“Oh of course, give up comfort in MY mansion for the sake of cleaner ponies. I feel SO helpful.” Discord replied with heavy sarcasm while rolling his eyes.

“Cleaner ponies?” Ya mean ah don’t hafta do any chores!?” Apple Bloom questioned.

“Of course not!” Fluttershy exclaimed, surprised by Apple Bloom’s question. “You’re our guest. You don’t have to lift a hoof.”

A wide grin appeared on Apple Bloom’s face. She wasn’t going to do any chores? And she was going to be staying in a place that had cleaner ponies? Apple Bloom found herself shuffling her hooves in excitement.

“I hope you don’t mind, I’ve asked some of my friends to come down and help prepare some things. Rarity designs the best outfits, I’m sure she can make some nice coats for you. And Applejack makes the most delicious goodies; I’m sure you both can get together and discuss your diet. Rainbow Dash loves to stay active; she can help find activities for you to do. Oh! I’m sure Pinkie Pie would love to throw you a welcome party. I think even Twilight will stop by. She’s been a little busy since she’s become a princess, but she always makes time for us.” Fluttershy explained.

Apple Bloom’s eyes kept getting wider and wider with each pony Fluttershy mentioned. Not only was she gonna be kept from doing chores, she was going to get new outfits, get food other than old wheat, she was going to have her very own party, and get visited by a princess!?

“Ah think I’m gonna like it here.” Apple Bloom murmured to herself. All of a sudden, she felt a sting on her back. “OUCH!” Apple Bloom looked behind her and found Discord holding a voodoo doll of herself with a pin in the back. Seeing that he was caught, Discord quickly put the doll behind his back and a halo appeared above his head.

“Ah think…..?”

Author's Note:

I just wanted to apologize to my readers for taking so long. Life has not been good to me lately :applecry: I actually went on a little bit of a vacation for a couple of days and have been working on my stories while I'm away. I'm sorry that it took so long and hope you can forgive me. Please comment and review. Thanx!