• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 2,274 Views, 60 Comments

Little Orphan Apple Bloom - AlleyCat124



Apple Bloom was left in an orphanage by her parents promising to come back to get her. Discord needs to improve his image with the pony folk. So he invites Applebloom to stay at his house for Hearth's Warming. He didn't realize the dramatic

  • ...
3
 60
 2,274

I'm Finally Leavin'!

Author's Note:

Well, it's finally here!! I'm sorry it took awhile, but I couldn't come up with a good next chapter. Everything I put was complete crap, and I didn't want to half fast it just to get it up. The next chapter I put up was going to be good and here it is. Please rate and comment. Thank you for all of your support! :twilightsmile:

Fluttershy headed to Ponyville with her head down in uncertainty. It was one thing to suggest a child to come live with them, it was another to actually go and do it. She knew from experience that taking care of a child was a lot different and harder than taking care of her animals. And what about what happened when she brought the child to the house with Discord? How was she going to get them to get along? As her head went lower and lower with each though, she thought of Discord being turned back into stone.

With that thought, her head snapped up in determination. No. She wasn’t going to let that happen. She wasn’t going to let her dear friend get turned into stone. Sure he was chaotic and difficult, but she that Discord had a kind heart if only ponies took the time to know them.

She smiled as she thought of her last birthday when Discord made the inside of the whole mansion to look like a beautiful forest full of different kinds of creatures. It meant even more to her when she knew that Discord didn’t get along with her creatures, so for him to go through all that trouble…

She blushed at the thought. Shaking her head to make the thoughts go away, she concurred that he was just trying to be a good friend. Just like he was supposed to. And she knew that everything would work out with the little orphan. She knew it.

Taking out a map out of her green scarf, she looked for the directions to the orphanage. Chrysalis Nest Orphanage was the only orphanage in Ponyville. She was going to go to one in Canterlot, but when she thought more on it, she thought best to get an orphan who probably wouldn’t be aware of Discords…….hobbies. She rounded the corner till she stood right in front of it.

She surveyed the building with a look of concern. The building looked like it was falling apart. ‘Well…..maybe they are doing some remodeling. I’m sure the children are fine.’ Fluttershy convinced herself. Taking a deep breathe, she walked into the building.


“Make sure every inch of this place is scrubbed down thoroughly with this.” Chrysalis commanded as she handed Apple Bloom a red toothbrush. Taking it, Apple Bloom inspected it and let out a small gasp.

“But….this is ma toothbrush….” She complained weakly.

Letting out an amused grin, Chrysalis answered “I know. That is your punishment for escaping. I hope that after this you will finally learn to stay content here until an unlucky couple comes to get you. But until then, you will make this place spotless. Don’t expect dinner until you’re done. Do I make myself clear?”

Heaving out a sigh, Apple Bloom replied “Yes, Mrs. Chrysalis.” And with that, she got to work.

“Don’t forget the cleaning supplies.” She barked. “You should know this by now!”

Fearing her wrath, Apple Bloom ran into the closet behind Chrysalis’s desk to grab the cleaning supplies.

Chrysalis sighed in defeat. She was getting tired of Apple Bloom’s escape attempts. If it weren’t against the law she’d have that child chained to her bed every night. But if she did, she’d have damaged merchandise and the cops would start snooping.

About to yell at her to hurry up, she hears a whisper, barely audible if she didn’t have good hearing.

“Um…excuse me….” Whispered the voice.

Chrysalis looked towards the door to her office and sees a yellow pegasus with light pink hair covering half of her face. She lowers her head when she realized she’s been spotted but speaks anyway.

“May I come in please? If you’re not too busy…” she whispers again.

Putting on her best customer smile, Chrysalis motions to the pegasus. “Come in, my dear. Welcome to our orphanage. Won’t you please come in and have a seat?”

Feeling a lot more relaxed, Fluttershy timidly came in and sat down in front of the desk with Chrysalis seated behind it.

“My name is Mrs. Chrysalis. I’m the caretaker of the children here. Now what can I do for you, my dear?” Chrysalis inquires to Fluttershy. She always had to lay it on thick if she was ever going to get rid of a child, even if it made her want to puke.

Fluttershy fidgeted in her seat under the stare of the caretaker. She didn’t know how to make the request to her. How was she going to ask that she wanted to borrow a child to stay with Discord for Hearth’s Warming?

Chrysalis was feeling the discomfort coming off of the pony. How was she going to work this? She hasn’t fed in a while. She needed to make this pony fall in love with a child and soon. As she kept staring at her, she realized that she knows this pegasus….and the creature she works for.

“If I remember correctly, you’re the little errand pony for Discord, am I correct?” she inquired.

Fluttershy looked up from behind her mane. “His friend, actually….” She whispered.

“Of course you are, my dear. I didn’t realize that you and Discord would be willing to take the next step into your relationship and adopt a child. How sweet.” She mockingly jested.

Blushing deep red, Fluttershy shook her hooves in front of her. “Oh n-n-no. Me a-and Discord are just….friends….” she stammered.

“Oh, it’s alright, my dear. I’m just honored that the great and powerful Lord of Chaos himself would come here. I’m honored. So he’s interested in children. He doesn’t strike me as the fatherly type.” She inquired raising her brow.

“Actually, we’re not interested in adopting…” she started.

Chrysalis raised her other brow. “Really?”

“Yes. Discord has been in the Hearth’s Warming Spirit lately (not a lie) and he’s wanted to spread the Hearth’s Warming spirit to others (not entirely a lie) and was thinking maybe we could bring Hearth’s Warming to an orphan this year…..if it’s not too much trouble…” she finished.

“I see…..Well of course Discord may borrow an orphan for Hearth’s Warming.” Chrysalis replied happily.

Fluttershy wasn’t expecting this. If anything, she thought she would have to convince her just to borrow and orphan, not adopt. “Really?”

“But of course. It would be an honor to let the Lord of Chaos borrow an orphan. Think of the publicity it would give this orphanage.” She happily countered. “Now let me go upstairs and bring the girls down.” She stood up and prepared to get the children, unaware of the fact that Apple Bloom never came out of the closet behind her.

Apple Bloom was jumping giddily in the closet. She didn’t hear some of it, but she did get the gist. Someone wanted to borrow an orphan for Hearth’s Warming! This was her chance! Not only would she get to spend Hearth’s Warming with a family, she could use that time to find her parents. She risked a peak through the door and looked at the mare that came in. She was a light yellow pegasus with long flowing pink mane and tail with three pink butterflies as a cutie mark. She looked so kind and gentle, she was sure that she could convince her to take her with her.

Being a bit bolder, she tried to get the kind mare’s attention, and happily it worked.

Fluttershy’s attention got pulled toward the door behind Chrysalis’s desk. When she looked fully at the door, she saw a little earth pony waving at her. Using her best puppy eyes that she could muster, Apple Bloom pointed to herself and nodded her head.

It worked. Fluttershy looked down on the little filly and couldn’t help but feel bad for her. Fluttershy quickly stood up and addressed Chrysalis. “T-that won’t be necessary, Mrs. Chrysalis. I think this little filly would be perfect.” Looking towards Apple Bloom, Fluttershy warmly indicated for her to come out. Not waiting for a second invitation, Apple Bloom ran out of the closet and came to step next to Fluttershy. Getting a closer look at the pegasus, she smiled at her knowing she was right. Somepony this warm and kind would take her somewhere warm and loving.

But Chrysalis was not pleased. “No.” she said simply.

Fluttershy was taken back. “No? I don’t understand.”

“Exactly what I meant. No. Apple Bloom here is a troubled child and doesn’t deserve to be rewarded for all the heartache she causes around here. I have plenty of children you can choose from that deserve it, but not her. She has chores she needs to get done.” She explained, sending Apple Bloom a warning glare to keep her mouth shut.

Apple Bloom couldn’t believe it. She didn’t even get a chance. Of course. As long as Chrysalis was her charge, she would never get out of here.

Fluttershy looked down at the little filly, seeing her bow lower as a look of defeat developed on her face. He heart broke. This filly wasn’t trouble. If anything, this filly just needed somepony to love and care for her, and she was determined to give it to her. Fluttershy turned to Chrysalis. “Actually, a troubled filly is exactly what is needed. If anything, it would be helping you out. When we return her, she will be the nicest and most well behaved filly you have ever had.” She persuaded.

“The answer is still no.” Chrysalis replied with a deadpan expression.

But Fluttershy wasn’t going to give up. “Mrs. Chrysalis, with all do respect, I don’t understand why you are insistent on refusing to let me take little Apple Bloom here away for Hearth’s Warming. But since you are, I’m assuming it’s something so serious that the Princess should be informed, don’t you agree?”

Chrysalis’s eyes widened at the mare. Did she just threaten her? If it weren’t for the fact that she could go to the Princesses directly, she wouldn’t even take it seriously….but since she could….

Fluttershy didn’t break eye contact. She was determined to get her way, but inside she was shaking from head to hoof and her heart was beating frantically. She’s gotten better at being assertive ever since she took that seminar, but it still scared her.

They continued to hold eye contact, until Chrysalis sighed in defeat.

“Very well. Apple Bloom, go get your belongings while we take care of the paperwork. Now.” She ordered. Again, not waiting for a second warning, Apple Bloom bolted up the stairs to get her letter and belongings.


“Ah promise I’ll bring everyone gifts! I’ll see ya after Hearth’s Warming!!?” Apple Bloom yelled out the taxi window. Waving a last goodbye to everyone, she was off.

“My name is Fluttershy. I hope you you’ll enjoy being with us for Hearth’s Warming.” Fluttershy’s voice brought Apple Bloom back inside the vehicle. “Well, in case ya didn’t know before, I’m Apple Bloom. Thank ya kindly for takin’ me away from there.”

“Of course.” Fluttershy replied, happy to see that Apple Bloom was excited. She was expecting her to be more talkative, but Apple Bloom threw her head out the window and looked at the surroundings she was passing, never being outside of Ponyville before. It was ok though, Fluttershy was content to sit there in silence and enjoy the excited filly’s company.


Where is she?! Discord thought, pacing the hallway. Fluttershy left a note saying she would be back before dark, but it was already eight o’clock and Luna already raised the moon for the night.

She should’ve been back by now. She’s always been punctual. But a thought stopped him. What if she’s hurt? What if she got lost? What if what if what if…..and it kept trailing till Discord summoned a paper bag and started hyperventilating into it. Making it disappear, he calmed himself down. She just went out for a bit. It’s not the first nor the last time she’s gone out. Stop worrying………..

Yea right.

Just as he was about to go out and search, he heard the door open. When he saw that pink flowing mane, he tackled her to the ground.

“Where have you been?! You said you’d be back before dark, and clearly you weren’t! What happened?” Not waiting for an answer, he summoned a stretcher and was examining her head to hoof in a nurses uniform. “You’re not hurt are you? Did you get lost? How many claws am I holding up?” he asked in one breath holding up his claw.

Giggling at the display, Fluttershy put her hoof on his claw and lowered it. “I’m fine Discord. I’m sorry for worrying you, but we missed the train and had to wait for the next one.” She explained, blushing at all the attention Discord was giving her.

“We?” he inquired, making the equipment and outfit disappear.

“Yes. Remember, we decided to take in an orphan for Hearth’s Warming? She’s right outside.”

“Oh why of course I do.” He replied with an obvious fake smile. “I can’t wait to meet the little brat, I mean, adorable child you brought.”

Fluttershy ignored the obvious slip up and indicated to the door. “Come on in sweetie.” She called in.

What came in the door was not who Discord, and it definitely wasn’t who Apple Bloom was expecting either.

“YOU!?” they both cried out.