• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 1,384 Views, 31 Comments

Exploring Equestria - A_guy_from_Earth



A story about adventures of alien researchers in Equestria.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,384

4. Getting Acquainted


Surprised Twilight, Spike, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie looked at the guests. The pause lasted for a couple of seconds, then pink pony smiled and exclaimed:

“See? I told ya, I told ya!”
“Okay, okay, Pinkie, you win,” answered Rainbow Dash. “But now, please, hold back your smugness.”
“Yes, you can enjoy your victory later,” said Twilight and turned to the guests. “Come in, please!”
“Your Highness…” they bowed again and slowly entered.

It was quite bitty group: five stallions and four mares, all – earth ponies, but very different from each other. First two stallions were real giants: they were only an inch or two lower than princess Celestia, were broad-shouldered so could easily compete with Bulk Biceps. The one who spoke first was bearded, had arsenic coat, dark olive mane and tail with some dark stripes, which were rather long and looked angular, bright green eyes and silhouette of a mountain as cutie mark. He looked quite gentlecoltly. Second one had brown coat, short russet mane, but very long tail – third its part dragged behind him on the floor – gray eyes, impressive sideburns and strange cutie mark: a black figure that looked like a striking hoof or a comb. There was something from beasts of prey in his appearance. Between them, as if in contrast, was small mare – her ears were on eye level of average adult pony – with blond coat, cinnamon mane and tail with few dark stripes, blue eyes and flying bird figure as cutie mark. Her manecut was quite similar to Twilight’s. Third stallion was green. Absolutely green: light green coat, dark green mane and tail, olive eyes and green ivy branch as cutie mark. He had a goatee and mohawk. Second mare was one of the most beautiful ponies that they have ever seen: slender, graceful, with gold eyes, silver coat and long shiny cardinal mane and tail that formed huge curls. Her cutie mark was combination of diamond and thiradial star. She was tall as princess Luna and had very similar figure. Fourth stallion didn’t stand out among usual colts on height, had bronze coat, short black mane and tail, brown eyes and strange target-like figure as cutie mark. But his appearance was scary: he had four big and quite fresh scars on his face. Third mare was a bit taller than usual pony, had turquoise coat, cerulean mane and tail with some dark stripes, red eyes and cutie mark that looked like a star in hooves. Her manecut was similar to Rainbow Dash’s. She had two big symmetric scars near her neck and one on her stomach. Fifth stallion was a bit lower than ordinary ones, but was chunky and had a hump with long scar. His coat was coral, his mane and tail were khaki, his eyes were purple, and his cutie mark were six exploding fireworks. And he was very, very shaggy. Fourth mare was as tall as her marine-colored neighbor, had yellow coat, orange mane and tail, blue-colored eyes of a crystal pony and figure of diamond making circles on water as cutie mark. Her manecut was very close to Apple Bloom’s.

They got to the center of the hall, stood in a row and bowed again. Pinkie Pie squinted and then said:

“You aren’t local, isn’t it?”
“Yes,” said mare with orange mane.
“We are from Europonia,” added bearded giant.
“Europonia?” exclaimed bearers of the Elements and Spike.

Guests nodded.

“We’ve, in fact, just arrived here,” said humpbacked stallion.
“If you are here recently…” said Twilight, coughed and continued. “Well, good day, I am Twilight Sparkle… princess Twilight Sparkle. This is my assistant Spike, and here are my friends: Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Pinkie Pie. Welcome to the Castle of Friendship!”
“Thanks, Your Highness,” guests bowed again.

In their minds they deeply sighed with relief: now they knew how to address these ponies.

“One more thing, please,” Twilight continued. “Don’t call me Your Highness, at least so often.”
“As you say…”
“So, you are here about the work, right?”
“Oh yes. We’ve just arrived in town, in fact, but came here as soon as learned about such vacancies,” answered yellow mare.
“Really?”
“It’s a very good offer, so we had to act quickly,” said arsenic giant.
“Well, you have a point.”
“Pardon me, but… could ya tell us ‘bout yerselves?” asked Applejack.
“Yeah, guys, who are you?” agreed Spike.
“Oh, right… We beg your pardon, we forgot to introduce ourselves,” said guests. “Let us fix it.”
“Berg,” bowed arsenic giant.
“Antilipsi,” uttered yellow mare.
“Erő,” nodded brown giant.
“Didinga,” said silver mare.
“Lierre,” bowed green stallion.
“Pippi,” nodded the smallest pony.
“Allegro,” said coral stallion.
“Calma,” bowed marine-colored mare.
“Zicht,” nodded stallion with scars on his face.
“Nice to meet you,” said dragon and bearers of the Elements.
“Oh, can I call ya Didi, Anti and Al?” Pinkie Pie asked Oma, Affi and Zet’rar.
“Ehm… Sure!” they answered.
“To be honest, we came to Equestria only because of large variety of jobs,” Edez said.
“Because of this?”
“Well, in our lands only possible variants for us were work in fields, forests, schools and factories or mines,” continued Max. “We weren’t satisfied with this, so… decided to move here.”
“And your parents didn’t object?” wondered Rarity.
“A-and your friends?” added Fluttershy.
“Well, no,” answered Karin. “Speaking about friends… They didn’t mind, and we haven’t so many pals in Europonia. Now we are best friends of each other.”
“Yep. We got acquainted during the journey here,” continued Sheim. “We know each other only for two months, but because of regular and intense communication we really became close.”
“Nothing is so good in bringing ponies together as journey in company,” added Kor.
“Indeed!” Twilight smiled.
“And, speaking about parents, we all are fully grown ponies,” said Oma.
“Fully grown? How old are ya?” wondered Pinkie Pie.
“Ehm…”

At that moment researchers paused. If now they tell their real age, it will at least shock their potential employers because their real age is estimated in three-digit numbers (and four-digit for Edez). But thanks to telepathic message from Affi they remembered about such thing as biological equivalent of age, so they quickly gave the safe answer.

“I am 28,” said Zet’rar.
“I’m 26,” said Sheim.
“24,” uttered Bluve.
“I am 27,” said Oma.
“29,” said Kor.
“28,” nodded Max.
“25,” said Karin.
“31,” nodded Affi.
“34,” said Edez.
“Oh… Wow…” said bearers of the Elements.
“What’s the problem?” surprised researchers.
“Well, you see…” Twilight began a bit shaky. “You are older than us, sometimes mush older…”
“Oh, don’t worry!” exclaimed Zet’rar.
“Yeah, it’s nothing,” agreed Bluve.
“You really think so?”
“Age of employers isn’t so important for us,” said Edez.
“Glad to hear,” Twilight nodded. “So… What can you offer?”
“Well, we can be your guards,” said Edez and Kor.
“Guards? Well, you are big and look very impressive, but are you skillful enough?” grinned Rainbow Dash.
“Skillful you say?” Edez grinned in response and in a second appeared right before rainbow pony. “We are.”

Rainbow Dash gasped.

“H-how?..” she uttered.
“Wow!” exclaimed Applejack and Spike.
“That was fast,” stated Rarity.
“How did you do it?” exclaimed Rainbow Dash.
“Special trainings,” grinned Edez.
“Oh, oh, I can do it too!” suddenly exclaimed Pinkie Pie and vanished, having left light purple trace.

In a second she also appeared right before Rainbow Dash, on the right of Edez, with wide smile on her face. Giant, when he saw her, at first got surprised, but then (at the most frenetic pace having understood that all possibilities of these creatures are unknown now, so reaction should be more confident) smiled too and said: “That’s our school!”

Meanwhile his colleagues quietly uttered:

“O Dieve…” said Oma.
“Mamma mia…” said Zet’rar.
“Nem rossz…” said Kor with grin on his face.
“Okay…” Twilight uttered. “And what about you, mister Erő?”

Kor at first paused a little, thinking. Then he looked around and soon stopped on the stool that stood near the main entrance. He addressed to Twilight, pointing to the furniture:

“Could you sit here, please?”
“Me? There?” surprised Twilight.
“Yes, Your Highness.”
“Um, okay,” and she approached the stool and sat.

Then Kor came there too, put his right forelimb under the seat and easily lifted the stool together with pony. Twilight, when she appeared in the air, gasped and grabbed the edges. Kor meanwhile started to move the stool up and down like a dumbbell.

“Oh… Wow…” Twilight nervously smiled.
“Impressive, really impressive…” Rarity gladly admitted.

After some more moves Kor put the stool down, and Twilight left it.

“Okay, I see you point,” she said.
“But his strongest part is his head,” intervened Edez.
“What?”
“Eh, it’s just by the way.”

Almost immediately after this Max began to speak:

“These guys can guard you during the day, I will guard you during the night.”
“Night watch?” Applejack slightly smiled.
“Zicht may be not so strong and swift as we,” said Edez, “but he has incredible senses. He can see at night as well as during the day. Damn, he can even do without eyes.”
“Without eyes?”
“Yes,” grinned senior planetologist and turned to his colleague. “Zicht, show them.”

Max gave a nod and closed hie eyes. Then he took a deep breath and started to move, making short but quite loud crackling and creaking sounds – in fact, there was no need in these sounds, but he decided to imitate the echolocation for greater credibility. Bearers of the Elements and Spike froze. And Max… Max just walked between them. With tightly closed eyes. And he easily managed not to hit others. He got round any obstacle and any pony, whether she or he was standing still or moving. He even found time to make two notes: first to Pinkie Pie, who moved too quickly, and second to Fluttershy – Max said her to relax, because she is so stressed that he can hear her heartbeat. He made a circle, then stopped and opened his eyes. Ponies and Spike remained very impressed.

“Really good…” admitted Applejack.
“Perfect for night watch!” exclaimed Rarity.
“Indeed,” said Twilight. “I must agree that you will be excellent night guard, Zicht.”
“Thanks, Your Highness,” he bowed.
“And I can be your housekeeper,” said Affi.
“Housekeeper?” Twilight surprised.
“Well, it’s a large building, and it needs proper care. I have some experience and I’d like to do it, so…”
“And I will help her!” exclaimed Karin.
“What?”
“The castle is really big. You need at least two ponies too keep it in fine state.”
“I see, but…” Twilight started, but she was interrupted.
“Please, cleaning is not an occupation for a princess,” said Affi.
“Yes,” Karin nodded in confirmation.
“But…”
“Darling, they are right,” said Rarity. “Cleaning and other similar stuff aren’t occupations for a royalty.”
“But in Golden Oaks I did all this by myself!” resented Twilight.
“But now you are in the castle.”

Twilight paused. She didn’t find anything to object. She sighed and spelled:

“Fine.”

Karin and Affi bowed to her.

“And I would like to be a receptionist,” said Oma.
“Receptionist?”
“Well, judge for yourselves: a lot of ponies visit you and your castle. I don’t doubt your abilities, but I don’t think that you can handle all of them. You need somepony who will lighten this load. And I want to be this one. I have the experience and I like to work with public.”
“Hm…” Twilight took a thought.
“I can vouch for her,” intervened Zet’rar. “She really likes to work with other ponies, and she’s great actress – our Didinga will easily handle any public. And, by the way, just look at her! She is perfect attractor!”
“Hm, he’s right,” quietly said Rainbow Dash and Rarity.
“Okay, I’ll agree for this,” said Twilight. “And what about you, mister Allegro?”
“Me? Well, I can be repairpony,” he answered. “I’m a mechanic, after all…”
“He’s really good in this. We can prove it,” intervened Max.
“But when there is nothing to fix, I, for example, can work in the library,” continued Zet’rar.
“Library?” exclaimed Twilight.
“Yeah. I like to read, and though I’m humpbacked I can be really quick when it comes to bringing a book.”

Twilight paused again.

“Well, what do you think?” Zet’rar wondered.
“I… I don’t know,” answered Twilight.
“You get a multi-specialist,” grinned Edez.
“It’s really great to have professional repairpony, but… not the library! I’d like to work there myself! I love it!”
“Excuse me, Your Highness, I didn’t want to offend you…” technician apologized.
“Oh, please, don’t,” Twilight said. “We just have some misunderstanding. We’ll be very glad to have professional repairer. But I’d like to remain library works for myself.”
“As you wish, Your Highness.”
“He also can work as answering machine, if you want,” said Kor.
“Answering what?”
“Show them…”
“Okay…” spelled Zet’rar and focused.

Few seconds, and he spoke again. But now – in Twilight’s voice. Identically Twilight’s voice. When bearers of the Elements and Spike heard this, they hardly managed to stand on own hooves and feet. Twilight just sat down with opened mouth. Zet’rar, having said a couple of phrases, stopped.

“How such thing is even possible?” exclaimed Rainbow Dash.
“Let’s say that it’s one of my very special talents,” answered Allegro.
“And… you can mimic not only my voice, right?” quietly asked Twilight.
“I can mimic any voice.”
“If so… Then, I think, you will be prefect assistant for Didinga in free from repairs time!”

Zet’rar and Oma got extremely surprised, looked at each other then at Twilight.

“You do not agree?” she surprised.
“Oh, no. We’ll be perfect partners!” they smiled and hugged each other.
“Then great!”

Oma and Zet’rar put off hooves from backs of each other.

“And I would like to do different chores outside,” said Sheim.
“What kinds of chores exactly?” wondered Twilight.
“Well, gardening, cleaning, for instance… Help my friend Allegro fix things outside.”
“I see.”
“Why only outside?” asked Rainbow Dash. “You have a claustrophobia?”
“No, I haven’t any phobias,” answered Sheim. “It’s just… my preference.”
“Well, if you say so…”
“And what about you?” Twilight asked the last member of the group.
“Well…” Bluve began. “I would like to be a cook.”
“A cook?”
“Um, yes.”
“Pardon me, but Ah don’t think that cook is important job here,” said Applejack.
“Job of cook is very important, duh!” interrupted her Pinkie Pie. “I say ya as a cook.”
“Pinkie, ya aren’t a cook.”
“But I help mister and missis Cake as cook.”

Applejack paused.

“Well, I think that we’ve agreed with this,” said Twilight and addressed to Bluve. “So, are you ready?”
“Yes, Your Highness.”
“But are your dishes delicious?” asked Pinkie Pie in a bit ominous voice.
“Don’t worry. I have good experience. Trust me. I’m a doctor.”
“What?”
“A doctor?” exclaimed Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy.
“Oh…” Bluve realized what she just blurted out. “Well, yes. I’m a doctor by my higher education.”
“You have a higher education?” exclaimed ponies with Spike.
“We all have higher education,” said Edez.
“Really?”
“Well, it’s not a problem if this education is free.”

It was true. Higher education in all regions of Europonia was free – all those traders whom Team Two took for explorations were university graduates.

“You all are graduates?” exclaimed Twilight. “Wow… And who are you according your educations?”
“Well, I am a geophysicist,” answered Edez.
“Geologist,” said Sheim.
“Ethnographer,” said Karin.
“Sociologist,” uttered Oma.
“Mechanical engineer,” answered Zet’rar.
“Strategist,” said Kor.
“Psychologist,” said Affi.
“Biologist,” answered Max.
“Professional soldier?” Rainbow Dash asked Kor.
“And also a military historian. I finished Military Academy,” he answered.
“That’s why you know our language so well, isn’t it?” asked Applejack.
“Oh yes,” answered researchers.
“I can’t believe it…” Twilight uttered. “You are university graduates! And you say that you didn’t find a job?”
“Well, as we said, higher education in Europonia is free, so it is widespread. Competition is high. And in our cases only way of implementation of our knowledge was job of teachers,” said Edez. “But we didn’t want to be teachers. So we decided to move here, as we thought that here we’ll find more possibilities.”
“And we’ve found them!” smiled Affi and Karin.
“You think that working as castle servants are great possibilities?” sincerely surprised Twilight.
“Yes,” guests nodded.
“Comparing with what we had there… It’s so. At least it's prestigious,” finished Affi.
“Um… Missis Antilipsi?” quietly said Fluttershy.
“Miss, and, yes, my dear?”
“Your eyes… They changed colors from blue to orange.”
“What? Ow…”
“Jeez…” said Pinkie Pie with Applejack.
“Oh my…” Rarity spelled when she also noticed it. “What happened to you?”
“Um… It’s a consequence of an incident,” Affi blurted out.
“Incident?”
“Yeah. There are some big stone-pits in region where I lived before, and workers there use magic to make explosions. It’s very focused and powerful magic. And when I was a little filly, I once accidentally got under influence of this magic. Since that time I have this…”
“Your eyes… Can change own color?” uttered Fluttershy.
“Uh-huh. And, I must notice, that switches from blue to orange and vice versa aren’t only possible variants. Sometimes one my eye can be blue when other is orange.”
“That’s weird,” Applejack winced a bit.
“I know…” sighed Affi.
“Okay…” said Twilight. “And one more thing: can you tell me who can serve as the leader of your group?”

After these words researchers synchronously pointed to their first curator.

“What? Me?” exclaimed Edez.
“Sorry, but you since the very first days acted like this,” said Affi.

Other members of the group nodded with malicious smiles on their faces. Edez looked at them and growled.

“Fine,” he said.
“So, we agreed?” said Twilight.
“Wait! What about the salary?” exclaimed Zet’rar and Karin.
“Oh this… You see… How to say it better… We have some problems with funding now. But don’t worry! In a month we’ll solve it, and you get your salary!”
“If so… Okay then.”
“You agree?”
“Yes. For now we have some sources.”
“We can’t pay you now, but can provide you rooms here!”
“Oh, please, don’t worry. We found a place to stay.”
“Ow… You really don’t need them?”
“Really.”
“Well then, deal?”
“Deal.”

And they shook hooves.

“Ow! Ow!” suddenly exclaimed Pinkie Pie.
“Yes, Pinkie?” Twilight said.
“Guys, you said that you came here very recently, right?”
“Right,” guests nodded.
“So, would ya like a town tour?”
“Town tour?” surprised Spike.
“Well, they are our friends now… And if they are going to stay here, they need to know everything and everypony around!”
“You know… It’s really good idea!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash.
“Yes!” other ponies agreed.
“So, what do ya think?” Pinkie Pie asked the guests.
“That… would be wonderful!” they answered.
“Then let’s move on!”





Soon Team One walked behind Twilight, Spike, Applejack, Rainbow Dahs, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy, who became the guides, along the town streets.

“Here you can see Daisy’s, Lilly’s and Rose’s famous flower shops,” Pinkie Pie pointed and told. “They are one of the most lovely places in our town. Ponyville is so beautiful because they provide the greatest adornments – their amazing flowers. And here is the town post office. You can’t even imagine how crowded sometimes it can be! But postponies who work there are the nicest guys I know. And there is Berry Punch’s store. Very popular among adult stallions, I must say.”
“Oh yeah…” sighed Applejack and Rarity.
“Thanks, we’ll keep this in mind,” said Kor, Max and Edez.
“You’re welcome,” Pinkie Pie continued. “And here are our town hall!”

Researchers looked at the building again. It stood out among the rest: it was bigger and much taller, its roof was metal and looked like a tent, there were less half-timbered elements in it, and in general its style was different. But it looked very elegant.

“Wonderful!” said Oma and Bluve.
“I like the architecture,” said Sheim.
“Yup, it’s unique,” said Pinkie Pie. “But it’s not the clou of our tour, it’s waiting for us around the next corner!”
“We’re looking forward!”
“So let’s go!”

They approached the corner and turned. And they saw another interesting building. It was very bizarre. It looked like it was made from baked dough: walls, roof, porch, chimney – all this was just like cookies with frosting. Only things that didn’t look like sweets were door and windows.

“Sugarcube Corner?” surprised Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Twilight when they saw the store. “This is your clou?”
“Yup!” chirped Pinkie Pie.
“Why?”
“And why not?”

Her friends looked at each other. And didn’t find anything to object.

“Fine…” they said.
“And… What is this?” quietly wondered Edez and Affi.
“This is “Sugarcube Corner”, Ponyville’s the most famous bakery! The best sweets are here, everypony can confirm this!”
“Well, that’s true,” said Spike.
“It is so,” confirmed Twilight.
“So, do ya wanna come in?” asked Pinkie Pie.
“Well, let’s try!” answered researchers.

Pinkie Pie smiled and with gesture said to follow her. Team One nodded and rushed to the store.

Soon they entered it. Six bearers of the Elements, one little dragon and nine members of research team took all free space. Wondering mister and missis Cake came out from the kitchen to look at them.

“P-pinkie, who are they?” a bit nervously asked mister Cake.
“Oh, mister Cake, they are Berg, Antilipsi, Lierre, Zicht, Calma, Didinga, Pippi, Allegro and Erő, they are from Europonia and now they are working in the Castle of Friendship!”
“Europonians?” surprised missis Cake.
“Workers of the castle?”
“Um… Yes,” nodded Edez.
“Ow… Wow.”
“We are here recently, and kind misses Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, princess Twilight Sparkle and mister Spike agreed to tour us around the town,” explained Affi.
“Oh, we see now.”
“Oh, mister Cake, missis Cake, do ya have those Superfrosting Surprise Cupcakes?” suddenly exclaimed Pinkie Pie.
“Well, yes, there are some of them here…”
“Oh, miss Pie, mister Cake and missis Cake, please, it’s not necessary!” Max started to make excuses.
“Yes, we aren’t hungry,” added Bluve and Oma.
“Aawww…” Pinkie Pie in a moment got sad.
“Thank you, really, thank you, but…” Edez began.
“And what about just a treat?”
“Treat?” members of Team One looked at each other. They are making their first steps, so they have no right to make mistakes. Every wrong move can cause great negative consequences. So they need to be nice with every…pony. So now they have to taste those… cupcakes if they want not to upset this vigorous but sensitive pink pony.
“Well, it would be… impolitely to refuse such offer, so… we agree,” answered Edez, Affi and Kor.
“You do agree?” Pinkie Pie became cheerful and hyperactive again.
“Yes.”
“Great!” she chirped and took the tray with cupcakes. “So, who wanna try?”

Researchers looked at each other again and delegated Max. He quietly gulped and slowly approached pink pony. He took one cupcake, put it in his mouth and started to chew. One second – and… his face suddenly warped. Max now looked like he swallowed own teeth with tongue. And he froze with such expression.

Bakers gulped.

“Is it… something wrong with the cupcake?” quietly asked mister Cake.
“Khmm… No,” answered Max when he found strength to swallow. “It’s just… too sweet for me.”
“Too sweet?”
“Yes… Excuse me, but I got use to more bland dishes.”
“And… That was the reason?” surprised Pinkie Pie.

He gave a nod.

“I dunno…” she frowned. “Nopony before said me such thing. Too sweet! I can’t believe it!”
“Well, maybe because there were no europonians in your store before.”
“Hm… Maybe, maybe…”
“May I try?” asked Oma in few seconds after this.
“Sure!”

She gave a nod, came to Pinkie and also tasted a cupcake.

“Hm… Yes, it is very sweet,” she said after swallowing. “But it’s very tasty,” she turned to her friends. “Come, guys! Taste it too!”

Other members of Team One approached and took a cupcake. Soon, when they finished, Pinkie Pie asked them:

“So, how are they?”
“Really tasty!” answered Karin.
“It’s delicious!” exclaimed Affi.
“Wonderful!” said Sheim.

Edez didn’t say anything, but his glad expression spoke for itself.

“Eh… I’ll agree with Zicht,” said Bluve. “For me it’s also too sweet.”
“Um… Can I take another one?” asked Zet’rar.
“Of course!” smiled Pinkie Pie.
“Not bad,” said Kor.

Some his friends looked at him.

“What? I like sweet dishes!” he answered.
“Okay…”

Soon they finished. Guests thanked bakers for wonderful treat. Hosts of the castle also thanked them, and then all they leaved the store.

“So, what next?” asked Spike when they appeared on the street.
“I dunno… My tour is over!” answered Pinkie Pie.
“Maybe… maybe… Oh! Ya can visit our places!” suddenly exclaimed Applejack.
“What?” exclaimed her friends.
“Well, Pinkie led our new friend to her place, then why not show them ours! What do ya think?”
“You know… I don’t mind!” answered Rainbow Dash.
“Me too,” said Fluttershy.
“Hm… I agree,” said Rarity.
“That’s… very generous of you,” answered researchers. “Thank you.”
“Oh, it’s not necessary!” answered bearers of the Elements.
“So, who’ll be the next?” asked Applejack.
“I can be!” answered Rainbow Dash.
“Um… Pardon me, but where should we go?” wondered Affi.
“There!” rainbow pony pointed.

And at that moment researchers hardly managed to stand on their hooves and do not let their jaws hang open. This… thing was unnatural.

They were scientists. They have been studying physics for fifty years at least. And now they were seeing this… A house made of clouds with that weird rainbow-colored “creek”… This punched their logics in stomachs and all their conceptions in face. This… was just impossible!

“Um… guys?” worrying Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack waved before faces of their new friends.
“Eh… yes?” they uttered when they came to life.
“Heh, you looked like you’ve never seen a cloud house before!” grinned Rainbow Dash.
“Well, you see… Such… architecture is quite rare in our regions,” “explained” Affi.
“Oh, really?”
“Yes.”
“Well then… You may visit my place later!” said Rainbow Dash.
“…and meanwhile you can visit my place!” exclaimed Rarity.
“Oh, that’s so kind of you!” said researchers.
“It’s not necessary! Please, come!” white unicorn smiled.

Guests nodded and rushed follow her.

In a couple seconds after this they heard loud and approaching vroom. Few more seconds – and from around the nearest corner little orange filly with purple mane and tail on scooter appeared. She sharply turned, looked up, noticed figure in the sky and exclaimed:

“Hi, Rainbow Dash!”

But, having noticed her, she didn’t noticed that ponies on the ground stood still in a tight row. The distance was only ten meters, there were no time for her to react…

Everything happened in a second. Edez grabbed filly right from her scooter and held her, scooter itself crashed in Kor and Zet’rar. For everyone’s surprise everypony and everything remained safe.

“Wha… What?” muttered little filly when she came to her senses. “Where am I?” she looked around and noticed that she is hooves of giant stallion. “What happened?”
“You… didn’t notice us,” said Edez. “But now everything is fine,” he put filly on the ground.
“I think it’s yours,” Zet’rar smiled and brought scooter to owner.
“Th-thank you…” said filly. “A-I’m sorry…”
“Oh, Scoot…” sighed Rainbow Dash and then addressed to Team One. “Excuse us. This is Scootaloo. When she sees me she forgets about everything around.”
“Eh?” surprised Karin.
“Rainbow Dash is my hero,” answered Scootaloo.
“Oh…”
“Well, next time be more attentive,” said Edez with smile on his face.
“Sure, sir,” Scootaloo smiled in response, stood on her scooter and soon vroomed away.
“Nice filly,” said researchers when she disappeared behind a corner and they continued their walk.
“Though even that she crashed in you?” said Rainbow Dash.
“Why, yes,” answered Edez. “Not the most attentive, but nice.”
“Pardon me, mister Berg,” Twilight approached him. “But… can I ask you one question?”
“Yes?”
“I apologize in advance for this, but… I’ve been wondering… Your friends absolutely suddenly chose you as leader. Well, at least it looked so for me. So… Are you sure that you can be their leader?”
“Oh, don’t worry. If there will be problems, I quickly make them arbeiten.”
“If you say so… Okay.”
“What does “arbeiten” mean?” Rainbow Dash asked her neighbor, Applejack.
“It means “work”,” she answered.
“Oh… Wait a minute, where did you learn this?”

Applejack made a scrunchy face.

“Um… From europonian Apples,” she blurted.
“And here we are!” suddenly exclaimed Rarity.
“What?” surprised researchers.
“Ladies and gentlecolts, welcome to “Carousel Boutique”!”

Guests looked at the house that stood before them. It greatly differed from usual buildings of the town. It seemed to be incredibly light, was richly decorated and looked not like an ordinary stone or wooden construction, but more like a tent.

“It’s… beautiful!” exclaimed Oma.
“Splendid!” smiled Karin and Zet’rar.
“Eh… Thank you,” Rarity bowed. “So… Come in, please!”

She approached the door and opened it.

“Sweetie, are you here?” said Rarity when she came in.

Little white filly with light pink and purple mane and tail came out from behind of one mannequin.

“Rarity? You… Who are they?” she exclaimed when she saw Team One.
“Oh, don’t worry, darling, they are our new friends and, concurrently, new workers of the Castle of Friendship,” answered Rarity. “Sweetie, this is Antilipsi, Berg, Erő, Didinga, Lierre, Pippi, Allegro, Calma and Zicht, they are from Europonia. Ladies and genltecolts, this is my sister, Sweetie Belle.”
“Nice to meet you, miss Belle,” researchers slightly bowed to her.
“Eh, h-hello,” shyly responded Sweetie Belle.
“Well, my friends, make yourselves at home!” Rarity smiled to the guests.
“You are a fashionista?” asked Karin when she was looking around.
“Yes. This is the matter of my whole life!”
“Gorgeous…” said Max and Edez.
“Well, this is an occupation just for you,” said Sheim.
“Undoubtedly,” nodded Bluve.
“You really think so?” Rarity smiled.
“Oui,” nodded Lierre.
“Por supuesto!” smiled Calma.
“What?”
“I mean of course!”
“Oh… Thank you!”
“Um… Pardon me, but do you work with individual orders?” asked Oma.
“Regularly, darling,” answered Rarity.
“Oh…”
“You want to make an order?”
“Oh, no! I’ve just been wondering. You know, not rarely it’s difficult to find clothes for such tall mare as me.”
“Oh, don’t worry! If you need anything, I will make it.”
“Thank you.”
“Well, I must say that your works are very, very good,” admitted Affi.
“Indeed,” confirmed Karin.
“Very good? Rarity is amazing fashionist!” exclaimed Sweetie Belle. “Just look at what she made last Friday!” and she pointed to one mannequin. There was really gorgeous dress on it: white with light blue and silver, with long elegant skirt, decorated with feathers and gems. “And look at this!” little filly jumped on the mannequin and pointed to the fabulous collar and hat of the dress.
“Sweetie, get down this instant!” resented Rarity when she came to her senses after even greater resentment.
“Oh, sorry,” apologized Sweetie Belle and started to get down.

But now she decided not to jump. She, having dangled her hind legs from mannequin’s back, began to slip down. But as the height was quite large, she held with her forelegs. At first she slightly moved down. But then… When greatest part of her body appeared in the air, she instinctively grabbed the fabric to avoid the falling down. But fabric of the dress was stretch. So it stretched. Accompanied by Rarity’s resentment gasp, Sweetie Belle, who realized the situation, so now had very big eyes and mind full of thoughts about upcoming scolding, slowly slid down. Soon her hind legs toughed the floor. Little filly gulped and slowly let the fabric go. But there was one circumstance: the fabric was stretched almost to its limit. So when it got free, it immediately shrunk. And because of this one diamond on the collar of the dress, which wasn’t thoroughly fixed, tore off. And shrinking fabric launched it in the ceiling…

“Un-oh…” said Sweetie Belle.

The diamond meanwhile hit the ceiling, rebounded, hit the empty mannequin, rebounded again, then hit Rarity’s basket with sewing accessories, rebounded again, hit Kor’s head, crackled and broke into three pieces. They also rebounded. And flew to Oma, Karin and Sheim… In a second one piece of the diamond appeared right between green stallion’s teeth, another had been caught with bare hooves by small mare in few inches before her face, and the last one stuck in Oma’s voluminous mane.

“Ow! Ooow!.,” roared Kor, holding his head.
“Well, that escalated quickly,” said Sheim when he spat out the diamond.
“Get it out! Get it out!!!” shuddered Oma.
“Hold it!” Zet’rar bethought, run to his friend and put his hoof in her mane.

There were no words to describe how Oma’s face warped when Allegro got that diamond out. It looked like he put his hoof not in her hair, but in her body – well, technically it was so.

In few seconds Oma’s suffering was over.

“Thank you,” she said to Zet’rar, having sighed with relief.
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!” repented Sweetie Belle. “Please, forgive me!”
“Oh, it’s not necessary. It’s not the first incident…” said Bluve to console and calm down little filly.
“Yeah…” nodded Max.
“I told you that head is his strongest part!” Edez grinned, turned to hosts of the castle and pointed to his friend Kor. “It even made that diamond to crackle!”

Kor, still rubbing his head, grumbled some swearwords in his “native” language.

“We see…” said Twilight, Spike and Rainbow Dash.
“Oh, I apologize for this and for my sister!” said Rarity.
“Please, do not! It really was just an incident!” said Max.
“Yes, and, by the way, such thing always happen when we are together,” sighed Affi.

Yep, that was the sad experience of Team One.

“Well, ehm… Shall we continue our little tour?” offered Edez.
“Okay,” Applejack said. “C’mon, folks! Ah’ll take ya to Sweet Apple Acres!”

Researchers nodded, and together with hosts of the castle they left the boutique. But before this Sweetie Belle was said to clean the room up.

They passed through the town and soon they were approaching the gates to the farm.

“I’ve been wondering…” Spike began. “Guys, where did you got those terrible scars?”
“Oh, this…” Max said. “Well, mine will be a reminder for me to be more careful next time with cutter.”
“And mine – with steel cables,” said Zet’rar.
“Mine too,” added Bluve. “…and reminder not to overload your cart.”
“That’s horrible!” exclaimed Rarity.
“Well, it has already happened, and this has nothing to do about it,” said Max.
“Yes,” nodded Zet’rar. “But we aren’t bothering about it. Yes, we have big scars, and so what? Many other ponies have scars too and also don’t bother about it.”
“Oh yes,” confirmed Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

Spike nodded with understanding.

“And here we are!” exclaimed Applejack and pointed to the farm house. “Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres!”

And with a gesture she said others to follow her.

She and her friends and researchers passed through the gates and appeared among huge orchards. On the left and on the right were apple trees, apple trees and, again, apple trees with ripening fruits on them. Though they were still small, some of them were already reddish. And all of the fruits were smooth and shiny, like there weren’t real, but were made from plastic. Because of this Team One got a bit confused: is this ideality the result of highly developed selection and genetic engineering or, still, the result of influence of perfect mix of energies.

But once-over at the pony culture made them to think that this, likely, is the result of second factor.

Three minutes of walking – and they were near the farm house. There were three other ponies: one green and very old mare in rocking chair on the terrace of the house, little sandy-colored filly running around and big red stallion who brought a plow to its conventional storage. Applejack smiled and run to them.

“Hi everypony! Ah’m home!” she said.
“Oh, Applejack… Ya brought some guests?” answered old mare. “Yer friends and… who are these lads and girls?”
“Granny, Apple Bloom, Big Mac, this is Berg, Erő, Antilipsi, Didinga, Lierre, Allegro, Calma, Zicht and Pippi. Guys, this is Granny Smith, my sister Apple Bloom and my brother Big Macintosh,” Applejack introduced Team One to her family and vice versa.

But researchers showed no reaction – when they saw Applejack’s brother, they nervously gulped and stood still. That stallion, Big Macintosh, was the one whom they took for explorations! And now they met each other face to face! “Oh crap…” was the only thought that was in minds of all nine members of the team at that moment. They knew that with such reaction they give themselves away, but they couldn’t do anything with it.

“Um… Guys?” Applejack waved before their faces.
“Eh… yes?” responded Karin and Sheim.
“Ya looked like ya saw a ghost!”
“Oh, you see… your brother…” began Edez.
“Looks just like one other our pal from the ship who decided to stay in Newport,” finished Affi with a bit nervous smile.
“Oh, I see,” said Applejack.

Big Macintosh just hemmed and shrugged.

“They are foreigners, europonians,” Applejack precised for her family.
“Foreigners?” Granny Smith smiled. “Heh, no wonder then Ah thought that yer names sound odd for these regions!”
“Foreigners? Real foreigners?” Apple Bloom got delighted.
“Yep,” nodded researchers.
“Oh, Ah’ve always wanted to see a foreigner!” continued little pony. “But… Ah thought that ya’ll differ from us, and ya aren’t so different at whole…”
“Well, ponies everywhere are ponies, they shouldn’t differ from each other so greatly in different regions,” said Affi. “But if you want some differences… Ti lete gia afto?”
“Of deze,” said Max.
“Eller här!” smiled Karin.
“Okay! Ah believe that ya are foreigners!” said Apple Bloom.
“Me too,” nodded Big Macintosh.

Researchers smiled.

“It’s nice to meet you,” they said.
“Well, we also are very pleased!” smiled Granny Smith in response.
“Yeeup,” confirmed Big Macintosh.
“Oh, maybe ya want some apples?” suddenly suggested Applejack.
“Oh, miss Applejack, please…” uttered Edez.
“Why not? Just one little apple! We have some early ones!” she ran to one of the nearest trees and bucked it. Ten small round red apples fell down.

Greatest part of Team One remained very impressed with that technique, but not Sheim. When he saw this, his quasi-heart quasibled (well, usual terms aren’t always applicable for primarily autotrophic organisms). Though he perfectly knew that other races use plants for food, as building materials, for some other needs, and even as fuel and in chemical industry, view of bucked apple tree was too painful for him. He couldn’t suffer it.

“Pardon me…” he interrupted. “But… Is this the usual way how you harvest?”
“Yeah,” answered Applejack, picking apples. “And what the matter?”
“You see… In some places of my native region this technique is recognized as too harsh…”
“Too harsh? Interesting… And what technique in this case farmers in yer region use?”
“Well, something like this,” said Sheim and approached the tree.

And he started to climb on it. Swiftly, just in few moves he got up and disappeared in the crown. “Just like a stick-bug,” thought some hosts of the castle. They had a point: Sheim now was green, very thin and had quite long legs. Then a rustle came from the leaves, and ten more apples fell from them. After this Sheim jumped down.

“Yeah, Ah agree that this way is less harmful for apple trees, but, Lierre, look around: we have tens of acres of orchards. If we want to harvest them all in terms, we should be quick as Pinkie or yer friend Berg.”
“I understand…” sighed Sheim. “But keep my words in mind, please.”
“Ah will.”
“A…”
“I think it’s better to have an apple now,” interrupted Affi.
“It’s the greatest thought that Ah’ve heard for whole this day!” exclaimed Granny Smith.

Others agreed and every one took an apple. Soon all researchers, even Sheim – highest autotrophic always were parasites, at least partially – and Kor, found that production of Sweet Apple Acres not only looks good, but also tastes good. Really, it was one of the most delicious things that they have ever tasted. Juicy, sweet with light sourness – it was something incredible. Guests sincerely thanked Apple family for this treat.

And then they continued their tour. Team One and Applejack’s friends said goodbye to Granny Smith, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh and went to the last point of the route – Fluttershy’s house.

When they approached it, researchers noted for themselves that they have found the most particular place in the town: bird houses, animal burrows and nests were everywhere and between all of this was cute small cottage. One can say that it’s the house of kind animal doctor from fairy tales and be almost absolutely right.

And there were inhabitants of those nests and houses. Dozens and dozens of them. They were small and cute, and they all looked at them, watched how they moved. It seemed for researchers – and that was the most frightening – that these little guys are incredibly smart, maybe even have the beginnings of intelligence. And soon their hunch was confirmed: Fluttersy literally spoke with a couple of rodents, and they showed that they understood everything.

“Well, here we are,” said Fluttershy when they stopped. “Welcome to my place.”
“Tell me…” Karin began. “Is this place… always so full of life?”
“Um.. Yes. But I like it. I’m never alone and I always have a little friend to keep a company for me. I take care of them, and they, in turn, help and protect me,” yellow pegasus said and opened the door. “Come in, please!”

Researchers bowed and entered the house. And there they got even more surprised: the house was filled with animals too, and there was full set of them – from sparrows to eagles and from mice to bears. Yes, there were two bears in the house. How and why they were here – there was no answer. But there were bears. In the house.

They were big and hirsute. And seemed to be not so kind as other creatures. Bears looked up and down at group of the guests and stooped on Bluve and Affi. For some reason they decided that these two mares were the weakest. So they stared at them. But just in a second after this the bear who started at Affi suddenly felt a powerful urge to fall asleep, and soon successfully fulfilled it. Other bear continued to look at his victim. For ten seconds, for twenty, for thirty… He didn’t know one thing: anxaiman blink much rarely than many other sapient races – for example, seventy times rarer that terrans. So very soon the bear lost stare down contest with Bluve. After it he was the calmest creature in the room.

And again, by tradition, host of the place offered guests some treats. Now it was a cup of chamomile tea. Team One sincerely thanked for the offer and took their cups without any objections – they understood that now they are dealing with the most sensitive one, so they behaved quietly and patiently.

So they sat together, slowly drank their tea and chatted. It would be real Idyll, but there was one moment: Fluttershy’s little friends also wanted to take part in the conversation. So they regularly squeaked, chirped, tweeted and produced other sounds and noises. Hosts of the castle and researchers didn’t pay attention to it or took it with humor. But some of those creatures were too insistent – they not only made noise, but also sought to join the circle of talking. In short, they annoyed and pestered everypony. No wonder that some ones started to lose own patience.

All this continued for a minute, two, three, five, ten, fifteen, twenty. Some ones – especially from the guest’s group – almost approached their boiling point. One more loud squeak, and the first one lost his patience. Kor growled, turned to animals and shouted:

“FALL IN!!!”

Creatures alarmed, but just in few second stood in a row. Kor continued:

“EYES LEFT! EYES RIGHT!” creatures turned their heads to the left, then to the right. “ATTEN-SHUN!!!” creatures stood stiil. “Stand at ease…” creatures sighed with relief, and slowly, but now very and very quietly started to disperse around the room.
“Wow…” spelled surprised Pinkie Pie and Spike.
“No way!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash.
“Oh my…” uttered Fluttershy.
“You… Also can influence on animals?” surprised Twilight.
“Ehm…” Kor faltered.
“You have Voice!” suddenly exclaimed Fluttershy. “Just like my Stare!”
“You see… How to say it better… It’s just the influence of military academy.”
“What?”
“In europonian military academies every creature can be taught how to march.”
“Oh yes…” grinned Edez. “Believe me.”
“Wait!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “You’ve said that you are… geophysicist, not a soldier like Erő!”
“Yes, I told it,” answered Edez. “But I also had been studying in military academy.”
“And I had military training too,” added Max.
“You too?”

He gave a nod.

“Or else we wouldn’t offer our candidacies for guards,” said Edez. “It would be simply impractical.”
“We see…” spelled ponies.
“So, maybe a second cup?” offered Zet’rar.
“Oh, I’m sorry, but we’ve run out of it,” apologetically said Fluttershy after look in the pot.
“It’s a pity. But everything was just perfect!”
“You really think so?”
“Oh yes,” all researchers confirmed.
“So, I guess our little tour is over?” said Karin.
“It’s sad to say, but yes,” answered Twilight.

Fluttershy sighed, confirming this. Members of Team One nodded with understanding. Hostess took the pot and cups to the kitchen, and they all left the house.

“So, how did you like the tour?” asked bearers of the Elements.
“It was great! Thank you very much!” answered researchers.
“So, we start tomorrow?” asked Twilight.
“Of course, Your Highness!”
“But before we leave, can we ask you about one little thing?” said Edez.
“Yes?”
“Can you give us some books about Equestria? To get acquainted better with it as soon as possible.”
“Why, sure! How many books do you want?”
“Um… Not so much… About sixty or seventy.”
“Not so much?” Spike chocked.
“We can read very quickly,” said some other researchers.
“Well, if you say so… Then follow me. I’ll give them to you,” answered Twilight.

Then she turned to her friends:“See you tomorrow!”

“Goodbye!” said her friends.
“See you!” said researchers.

And they went home.

Author's Note:

I'm not a polyglot, I use Google Translate. So if I will be wrong, correct me, please.