• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 1,384 Views, 31 Comments

Exploring Equestria - A_guy_from_Earth



A story about adventures of alien researchers in Equestria.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,384

11. Learning Magic


It was a usual morning in Ponyville. The Sun only recently rose above horizon, so the town only started to wake up. First ponies went out, owners prepared their stores and workshops for opening, foals slowly got ready to go to school. And the Castle of Friendship came to life too. Although princess and her loyal assistant were still sleeping, their servants and guards took up their duties.

Oma was sitting at her desk. Since it was early morning, there were no visitors, so she as a receptionist had no work to do. She just silently sat, looked at small pile of turquoise right in the center of her desk and thought about something. Meanwhile Bluve with a saddlebag, full of kitchenware, walked past her. She noticed that her friend was still and silent, got curious, so approached her.

“Good morning!” smiled Bluve. “What are you thinking about?”
“I wonder…” answered Oma, “Spike more than once said that among all the gems of Equestria these are the tastiest, so I decided to try. But now… For some reason I do not dare.”
“Why? You are a yedeizan, you can eat and digest almost everything!”
“That’s not the matter. I… well… afraid that our taste preferences and preferences of dragons can differ greatly, so these gems will be horrible for us.”

Bluve thought for a moment.

“Well then let’s find it out together!” she said.
“Together?” Oma surprised, “I know that you, anxaimans, have strong stomachs too, but I’m worried about your teeth.”
“My species got used to crack all kinds of shells with own jaws, it’s not a problem.”
“But shells are brittle and soft, comparing to even ordinary rocks.”

Bluve looked at her friend, sighed and took a knife from her saddlebag, an ordinary kitchen knife. She raised the knife, showing it to Oma, and then put it in her mouth. She grabbed the blade with her teeth and handle with her hoof. And then she with all her strength pulled the handle down. Soon the knife blade bent almost at right angle.

When the demonstration was over, Bluve put the knife back in the bag and Oma gulped and said:

“I see your point.”

Bluve grinned.

“Well then, let’s do this,” said Oma and together with her friend took a couple of rocks.

Symphony of crunch filled the hall.

“Damn, they are hard,” uttered Bluve.
“Yep,” nodded Oma. “But, you know…” she chewed the stone a little more, “Spike was right. They are very tasty!”
“Indeed! It’s an excellent snack!”

And they continued to consume the turquoise. Cheerful and happy crunching spread throughout the castle. The sound was loud, so girls couldn’t hear how Twilight and Spike woke up, did their morning hygiene and prepared for the day. So they learned that owners of the castle are already up only when they went downwards to the hall.

Bluve, when she saw Twilight and Spike, got scared and nearly choked. Oma quietly yiped, also got scared, but managed to cover the tracks: she opened the nearest drawer and immediately swept all the gems into it. She quickly closed it and then pretended as if nothing had happened.

“Good morning!” nodded researchers when Twilight and Spike approached them.
“Morning to you too!” answered Twilight. “How long have you been here already?”
“About an hour,” said Oma.
“Your breakfast is ready,” uttered Bluve. “Pancakes with raspberry jam and green tea.”
“Sounds delicious!” Spike licked his lips.
“I’m glad that you like it.”
“Has anypony come?” asked Twilight. “Were there any messages?”
“No. Everything is quiet and still as in depth of a cave,” answered Oma.
“Well, great! Only one more question: what was that crunching?”
“Yeah,” nodded Spike. “It sounded like somepony was crushing a stone!”
“Oh, this… We ate some sugar-candy,” lied Bluve.
“Sugar-candy?”
“Very hard sugar-candy,” said Oma.
“Oh, okay.”

Princess and her assistant gave a nod to their servants and went to the dining room. Bluve left the castle to take some knives for sharpening – and one for straightening – and returned soon – owners of the castle had just passed to their tea. Other members of Team One gathered in the castle hall while she was absent. So when Twilight and Spike returned there, they met all the crew.

“Well, Spike, what are our plans for today?” princess addressed her assistant.

Little dragon took a small scroll and opened it.

“Nothing special,” he said. “A couple of petitions, report for princess Luna and a short session in the town hall.”
“At once, we have relatively free day!”
“Yep. We can do all this in few hours and be free all the afternoon!”
“Oh yeah. We have to think about some enterta…”

And right at this moment rainbow-colored bolide zipped through the castle door, almost knocking down Edez and Kor with a stream, made a circle under the ceiling, slowing down, and with a thud landed right in front of alicorn and little dragon.

“Twilight! Spike!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash, panting, “You have to come with me! She’s here!”
“Calm down, Rainbow!” said Twilight.
“And who’s “she”?” added Spike.
“Trixie!”
“Trixie is here? What is she doing?”
“Well, she seems to prepare for performance. At least, everything looks like it – she had already built a stage on the Central Square – but I don’t know exactly,” answered Rainbow Dash.
“What’s happening?” asked members of Team One and ran to pegasus, alicorn and dragon.
“Well, it seems that one my rival decided to pay me a visit,” sighed Twilight.
“It’s Trixie!” continued Spike. “We told you about her.”
“That magician?” wondered Affi.
“Yes!”
“We need to know what she is going to do here,” stated Twilight, looked at Spike and then at Rainbow Dash. “We are coming with you!”
“And what should we do?” asked Zet’rar.

Twilight halted.

“Support can come in handy,” said Rainbow Dash, seeing Twilight’s hesitation.
“Fine,” responded alicorn. “Guys, come after us.”
“Understood. We’ll prepare and will be in a couple of minutes,” said Edez.
“Okay,” bearers of the Elements and Spike nodded and rushed to the Central Square of Ponyville.

Researchers ran to their chambers, quickly put off their uniforms and threw them into closets. Then from the most secure part of the closets each of them took metal box the size of a tome. All nine ones were absolutely identical. researchers looked at each other and opened the boxes. There were thirteen self-installing implants in the each one, five supporting and healing ones, four recording ones, three battle ones and the last was communication one. Members of Team One sighed and… swallowed all the implants. Devices immediately activated. They began to pierce through the flesh to join with muscles, bones, nerves and blood vessels. Researchers shuddered in pain and fell down. They writhed in agony for a minute, then supporting and healing implants started to do their job. Pain gradually eased, and they could stand up. The installation process continued – it would be completed only in one-third of a supramoment – but now it was bearable. So they focused to hide all manifestations of the pain and moved forward.

Soon they were at the Central Square. There typical small wooden mobile stage for public performances had been assembled already, and a crowd of about forty ponies gathered in front of it. All bearers of the Elements were there, and they stood in the front row. Nothing happened for some time, but then a fanfare sounded, fireworks flashed on the perimeter of the construction, the curtain rose, and blue unicorn absolutely without any attributes of a magician slowly walked onto the stage. She smiled and loudly exclaimed:

“Good morning, Ponyville! Your favorite magician is back! Get ready for something really unforgettable!”
“And what have ya planned this time, oh Great and Powerful?” asked Applejack with a grin on her face.
“Oh, am I not allowed to visit a town and put on a show?”
“There are no restrictions, it’s just… well, your previous visits here weren’t entirely harmless,” said Fluttershy.
“And your arch-enemy lives here!” said Pinkie Pie and pointed to Twilight.

Twilight after this sighed and slightly shook her head.

“I proved that I have changed!” answered Trixie. “I’m doing good things now! You’ve seen it! And what about the second… Twilight was my arch-enemy – we made peace after the last incident. And, by the way, Twilight is an alicorn now. I give you three guesses who will win.”
“So, you came here just to present a show?” said Spike.
“Yes! I decided to take a break from performances in Manehattan and go on a small tour with my new program “Tricky challenge”.”
“Tricky challenge?”
“Exactly. I just decided to start in the most memorable town for me.”

Some bearers of the Elements slightly rolled their eyes.

“I just want to make a good show for all of you!” said Trixie.
“Well, if you say so… Let’s then take a look at it!” answered Twilight.

Her friends gave a nod. Spike turned to researchers and said:

“End of alarm, guys! It’s all right!”

After this Trixie finally noticed a group of nine earth ponies that stood behind princess and her assistant.

“Ehm… Twilight, who are these guys?” uttered the magician.
“Oh, they now work in our castle,” answered alicorn. “We called them just in case.”
“Okay…”

Members of Team One looked at each other.

“Well, if they don’t need our help, what should we do now?” asked Kor by sending neutrino-electromagnetic signal via communication implant to all his colleagues.
“I don’t know…” answered Max the same way. “There would be no use for us here, so… Return to the castle and continue our usual duties?”
“And should we get rid of the implants?” added Karin.
“Wait…” Edez stopped them. “We have perfect chance right now. As it turned out, it’s just a local magic show, so why not use this moment? We still know little about magic and how ponies use it. It’s our chance to significantly fill our knowledge! We have memory blocks all the time, and now we have excellent recording devices right in ourselves! We can get incredible amount of data and finally improve our understanding of the phenomenon!”
“Yes…” agreed Affi, “It’s an incredible possibility! We have to stay and watch!”
“And, by the way, there is nothing interesting to do in the castle now,” continued Edez.
“Let’s enjoy the show then?” said Sheim.
“Yep.”

Meanwhile bearers of the Elements and Spike continued their conversation with Trixie.

“Pardon me, but where are your cloak and hat?” wondered Rarity.
“I’m experimenting with my image,” answered Trixie.
“And what’s all this “Tricky challenge” about?” asked Rainbow Dash.
“Well, the essence is in the name of the show. It’s a competition. Anypony can get up on the stage, show a trick, and I, in turn, show that I can do the same or even better!”
“Sounds interesting.”
“Yeah. Ah want to see it,” added Applejack.
“So, if you have finished… Fillies and gentlecolts! The show begins! Let’s start the challenge!”

And right after these words bright sphere of white light flashed above the crowd, and a big armchair made of red velor fell down right between surprised researchers and hosts of the Castle of Friendship. A moment later one draconequus with big portion of popcorn in his paws levitated down in it.

“Discord?” exclaimed ponies. Trixie nervously gulped.
“Yes. That very one!” smiled spirit of chaos.
“What are you doing here?” asked Twilight.
“I’m here to enjoy the show!”

Trixie hardly managed to hold her jaw in the place.

“Enjoy the show?” exclaimed surprised Twilight.
“Oh yes! It’s always great to see a pony with many excellent talents.”

Magician didn’t even know what to do.

“Oh, don’t worry, miss… Trixie, I’m just a spectator here, don’t pay attention to me.”

Trixie nodded uncertainly. It was quite problematic to not pay attention to the draconequus who sat in the chair that was at least twice higher than average pony.

During the conversation between ponies and spirit, researchers – when they came to their senses – addressed their communication implants again and quickly exchanged words.

“Is that who I think?.,” transmitted trembling Karin.
“Yes, it is him,” Affi confirmed her fears. “One of so-called local spirits.”
“So-called?” surprised Zet’rar.
“Yeah,” Edez gave a slight nod. “They seem to be creatures of pure magic, but all this is just a consequence of their great power.”
“Teams Two, Three, Five and Eight faced them some weeks ago,” continued Affi. “And since then they study them. According to their research, these spirits are creatures very similar to ones that populate the regions Teams Five and Eight explore. But because of some mutations their possibilities are much greater than ordinary creatures.”
“So they are just mutants?” surprised Oma.
“It’s only a hypothesis now,” said Edez. “They have only scanograms made by remote devices, and they are only preparing for the taking.”
“Should we get ready for the taking too?” asked Max.
“No. These spirits are the most dangerous creatures on the planet, and this one…” Edez looked at Discord, “this one, according to the descriptions of equestrians, and comparing with materials provided by Teams Two, Three and Five, is one of the most powerful among them all. And, besides, we have other creatures to explore – alicorns and changelings. But mind scan of this spirit will be priceless data, so… Affi, do your job.”

She gave a nod and added:

“And, by the way, our colleagues from those Teams had already staked out the right to be the first researchers of the spirits.”
“Okay then.”
“Now we have to determine what can we do at the moment.”

Edez slowly came forward and in a bit hesitant voice addressed Twilight:

“Ehm… Is there any need in our help?”
“Oh, no,” she answered. “Everything is fine. Yet.”
“Hm…” Discord frowned. “I don’t remember these guys. Who are you?”
“They work in our castle,” said Twilight.
“What? You mean they are your servants and guards?”
“Using your terms, yes.”
“Oh, it’s wonderful! Now I can say that you, Twilight, became a true royalty!”

Discord smiled and snapped. And immediately after this Twilight appeared in a gown, with big plateresque crown on her head and personal scepter that topped with a figure of alicorn herself with silly expression in her hoof.

Twilight gave Discord a scathing look and sighed:

“Seriously? Again?”
“It’s my gift to you in honor of this momentous event!” spirit grinned. “And, by the way, I have plenty of this stuff.”

He snapped again, and all ponies who were on the square got own personal scepters.

“And what are we going to do with all this?” wondered one stallion.
“Well, if I had a horn, I could pick my teeth with this thingy,” said Kor.
“I have an idea…” Sheim smiled, quickly stood on hind legs, holding his scepter like an epee, and shouted. “Defend yourself!”

His colleagues looked at him, frowned, then looked at each other, nodded and… Jumped with their scepters at the ready. Some other ponyvillers also joined the battle.

“Enough! That simply won’t do!” exclaimed Twilight. “Discord, put this junk out of here this instant!”
“Okay, fine…” sighed spirit.
“Ehm… Can you leave one for me?” quietly asked Trixie.
“Sure,” answered Discord and snapped again. All scepters except Trixie’s disappeared. Trixie quickly hided her cane behind the curtain.
“Oh, pardon me, I completely forgot,” Discord suddenly addressed researchers. “We haven’t introduced ourselves to each other! Well, I am Discord, the spirit of chaos. And you, my friends?”
“I’m Berg,” Edez uttered, and his colleagues hesitantly followed him.
“Antilipsi.”
“Zicht.”
“Didinga.”
“Erő.”
“Pippi.”
“Allegro.”
“Calma.”
“Lierre.”
“You are europonians?” said spirit.
“Yes. Migrant workers,” answered Karin.
“Gastarbeiters,” added Zet’rar.

Discord laughed.

“I like you!” he said. “Twilight, you have an excellent crew!”
“Eh, can I start the show?” quietly asked Trixie.
“Oh, excuse us, sure!” apologized Discord with Team One and sat down.

Trixie bowed and exclaimed:

“Let the challenge begin! Who wants to be the first one?”
“Ah want!” exclaimed Applejack and jumped on the stage.
“So, what is your trick?”

Applejack grinned, put her saddlebags on the floor and took a lasso from them.

“A lasso trick?” said magician. “Applejack, you repeat yourself!”
“Not this time!” answered Applejack and took the end of the rope in her mouth.

She started to untwist the rope and spun it faster and faster with every second. So soon it wriggled above the pony like a snake. Then Applejack passed to the second phase. With a couple of moves she narrowed the loop, and when it was done, she threw it to the nearest tree. The loop gripped a branch, Applejack jumped and, using the lasso as a swing, swept above the crowd. But it was only the beginning: when she began to approach the tree, she ripped the loop from the branch and with a lightning move threw it to the chimney of one of the houses that surrounded the square. The loop tightened, and Applejack flew to the house. But in the last moments she pulled herself, soared above the house and successfully landed on its gable on all four legs.

“Well, what do you say now?” she shouted and looked at Trixie with wide grin.
“Impressive trick, undoubtedly,” answered magician. “But Trixie has something better…”

She went behind the curtain. When she came back, there were two massive metal bracelets that look more like irons on her forelegs. Trixie stood on hind legs, looked at Applejack and said:

“Watch and learn.”

Her horn glowed, and light shimmering covered the bracelets. Trixie raised her foreleg, turned towards the tree that Applejack used for her jump, and… metal cable shot out from the iron. The end of the cable gripped one thick branch, Trixie pulled herself and raced to the tree. When she flew over the crowd, she threw her other foreleg forward, and bracelet on it shot out another cable towards the nearest house. It gripped protrusive beam right under the roof, and Trixie with a magic command released the first cable from tree crown, and threw it over to second house. It grabbed another scarcement, Trixie pulled herself again, disengaged cable of other bracelet and threw it over to new aim. Continuing to do like that, she swept around the whole square only in twenty seconds, and in final she landed right in front of the first challenger.

Applejack, her friends and all other ponies were stunned. Discord also changed his expression – he was really impressed.

“Well?” grinned Trixie.
“No way…” uttered Applejack.
“I have been preparing for this show for a long time,” said magician.

Using her bracelets, she together with Applejack got down. Soon Trixie was on the stage again.

“Any other volunteers?” she smiled and looked at the spectators.
“We’ve just begun!” loudly answered Rainbow Dash and flew to Trixie. “Let’s see how you repeat this!”

After these words Rainbow Dash soared higher and grabbed a cloud. She moved it away from the stage and started to flounce around and in it, gradually gathering speed. She flew up through the cloud and down along it edges. Rainbow-colored trace that she left formed large sign of infinity, and it almost hided the cloud. But, nevertheless, it was noticeable that cloud got bigger and darker. Rainbow Dash continued to flounce for some more time, but then, suddenly for others, flew up high and dashed down through the cloud. Central Square shook the sound of thunder, and bright rainbow-colored lightning struck the ground. Rainbow Dash, absolutely dry and very satisfied, soon landed on the stage.

“Very good,” said Trixie. “But I have something that can compete with it.”

Magician looked around the crowd, stopped at Cloudchaser and addressed her:

“Excuse me, miss, can you fly up and kick that cloud on my signal?” and she pointed to the darkest cloud above the square.
“Uh, okay…” said Cloudchaser and hesitantly flew up.

When she approached the cloud, Trixie stood on hind legs, her horn enlightened again, and she raised her right foreleg up.

“Are you ready?” she asked the pegasus.

Cloudchaser nodded.

“Do it.”

Cloudchaser closed her eyes and kicked the cloud. The gray mass rumbled and shot out the lightning. Gigantic spark hit Trixie’s outstretched foreleg. Magician bent, but soon straightened again and threw out her left foreleg. And lightning came out from it. Electrical discharge hit one of the spotlights and smashed it to pieces.

Rainbow Dash dropped her jaw.

“Where did you learn that?” she exclaimed.
“I mastered it myself,” answered Trixie.
“That’s just… incredible!”
“I know.”

Rainbow Dash shook her head and left the stage.

“Next?” said Trixie.

Pink meteor jumped from the crowd and landed on the stage.

“Well, Pinkie?”
“Try to repeat this!” said Pinkie Pie with the most serious face expression that she could ever make and jumped again.

But now she put all her strength in the jump. In result she reached the height of the third floor. Spectators gasped. They knew that Pinkie Pie is very jumpy, but they didn’t even imagine that she can be that jumpy. Pinkie meanwhile successfully landed and looked at Trixie, like saying “and what about you?” Trixie with absolutely imperturbable face looked at her competitor, then she lowered her head, looked at her legs and casted a spell. She kneaded a bit, and then… repeated Pinkie’s jump a hair’s breadth.

“Wow!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie. “How did you do that?”
“One old spell for increasing of spring ability. If you want, I show its effect to you,” answered Trixie.

Pinkie Pie gave a nod, and magician repeated the spell on her. Pinkie moved her legs, tried… Soon joyful pink flubber with loud “weeeeeee!” skipped around whole Central Square. Pinkie Pie covered dozens of steps with a single jump and easily swept over spectators. Although she was flounced at quite great height, ponyvillers still were afraid that she might hit somepony. So – after numerous requests – they persuaded Discord to stop and disenchant her. When it was done, Trixie again looked at the crowd.

Now Rarity went up to the stage.

“Well, what do you have?” asked Trixie.
“I recently learned one thing…” Rarity began, “about common features between some gems. I started to see into and came up with this.”

She opened her saddlebag and levitated two blue gems from it with her magic.

“It’s a sapphire and aquamarine,” said unicorn. “Yet.”

She smiled, closed her eyes and casted the spell. For a moment gems disappeared in a flash, but when light gone away, it turned out that Rarity held red and green gems.

“Et voila!” she smiled. “I had aquamarine and sapphire, now I have emerald and ruby! And transformation is permanent!”
“I see you’re doing some alchemy…” said Trixie. “But I also know some interesting things.”

Trixie came to the curtain, lifted it and levitated a piece of coal from behind the scenes. She gave it to Rarity so that she could see that it’s ordinary anthracite. When Rarity got convinced, Trixie took the stone with her magic, lifted it and started to cast her spell. Spectators saw how piece of coal slowly became hot. It turned red, then – white. Then Trixie lifted it even higher and strained. A loud clap sounded throughout the whole town, and the coal stone flashed. Spectators turned away to avoid bright light, and when they looked at the stage again, Trixie held a small diamond.

Rarity was taken aback.

“Not bad, isn’t it?” said Trixie, looking at the diamond. “For a poor traveling magician it’s a very good way to earn money.”
“Yeah…” Rarity weakly nodded.

She left the stage, after her Fluttershy got up to the stage.

“And what interesting do you have?” wondered Trixie.
“I don’t wanna do it, but…” Fluttershy sighed and looked around.

Soon she noticed small group of sparrows and lured them. Birds flew towards yellow pegasus, sat on the stage in front of her, and then she used her stare. Birds stood like at attention. They were still for some seconds, then, as it seemed, came to their senses. But they didn’t fly away, they remained at the stage and began to sing the melody from the latest hit of Sapphire Shores. Soon they finished, and Fluttershy sincerely apologized to them.

When everything was settled, Fluttershy turned to Trixie. Magician just smiled and her horn illuminated again. And sparrows, for everypony’s surprise, started to sing the song again. And everything looked like they wanted to do this. Bird choir sang for a minute, then spell dissipated and sparrows flew away.

“How did you manage to do this?” surprised Fluttershy. “They sang like they did it on their own!”
“The spell of inculcated want,” briefly answered Trixie. “Any other volunteers?”

Fluttershy returned to the audience, and Spike left its ranks.

“Well?” smiled Trixie.
“I need some equipment for my trick,” said Spike. “Do you have any unwanted cutlery, spoons or forks?”
“Um, I have one.”
“Give it to me.”

Unicorn levitated a spoon from behind the scenes and gave it to the dragon. Spike thanked her and… put the spoon into his mouth. And started to chew. He did it for a quite long time, sometimes he stopped and slightly opened his mouth. At those moments he exhaled smoke. But eventually he stopped, took several deep breaths and opened his mouth. In front of surprised ponies he took out a ring from it. The ring was simple, but it was done very carefully. Spike smile and gave it to Trixie.

Magician thanked him and said:

“Very good. Unfortunately, I’m not able to do the same, but I can do another interesting thing.”

She took one more thing from behind the scenes – a piece of chain that consisted only from two links. And did the same thing that Spike did to the spoon. She also made some moves with her jaw and then spat the thing out. Rings were separated.

“Heh, impressive,” said Spike. “I like it.”
“I’m glad that you’re happy,” answered Trixie and addressed to the spectators. “So?”

After her words Twilight Sparkle flew up and in a second landed on the stage. Spike, who appeared behind the alicorn, grinned and left the stage.

“And what you have prepared for me, princess?” asked Trixie.
“You know, I could prepare really heavy task for you,” Twilight began. “But I’m not a monster, and we have a good relationship now. So, my challenge will be the following. Trixie, did you know that a pony does not necessarily to have wings to fly?” she folded her wings, her horn enlightened, and soon alicorn soared above the stage. “Can you do something like this?”
“Easy.”

Trixie’s horn illuminated again, and soon she was up in the air. But that’s wasn’t all: magician, levitating herself, quickly flew above all spectators. She just swept over their heads, and she was fast as a pegasus. She made a circle and stopped in front of Twilight, continuing to soar.

“How could you reach such speed?” exclaimed stunned Twilight.
“I combined simple levitation with one of the latest achievements, gravity screen spell,” answered Trixie and widely grinned.

Twilight levitated herself down without any words. Trixie got down after her.

“Gravity screen?” Zet’rar whispered, having smiled. “These ponies have very progressive ideas”
“Yeah,” said Oma. “And what they could achieve if they had proper technology level?”

Alicorn left the stage, and Trixie addressed the audience again:

“Anypony else?”

But now there were no volunteers.

“Oh, come on, people! Is that all? I thought that I could do at least fifteen tricks! It’s just… blah!”

Suddenly Spike stood up straight and smiled. He got an idea. He slowly turned to Team One and said:

“Guys, maybe you can have a try?”
“What?” surprised researchers.
“Show some of your stuff!”
“Yes! You can do amazing things!” Twilight supported her assistant.
“Well, we don’t know…” they uttered and lowered their heads.

In fact they almost were in a panic.

“Dammit, what should we do?” transmitted Karin via her communication implant.
“First – do not show any signs,” answered Edez. “And what should we do… Crap, we can reveal ourselves!”
“Wait!” intervened Zet’rar. “We can show them some tricks and preserve our cover – we just have to show something simple. Something that won’t be so suspicious.”
“This might work,” said Bluve.
“And, besides, if we are studying magic right now, why not try closer contact with the phenomenon?” added Sheim.
“You know, you’re right!” transmitted Edez.

Meanwhile other bearers of the Elements continued to persuade them.

“Yeah, Twilight’s right!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “You’re awesome!”
“Ya could beat queen Chrysalis!” added Applejack.
“We know you can do it,” said Rarity.
“Come on!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie.
“Well… Okay,” said Edez and turned to his colleagues. “Who wants to be the first?”
“Let me do this,” said Affi.
“You’ve finished the scanning?” transmitted Edez via communication implant.
“Oh yes,” she answered telepathically.
“Then, please!” said master researcher aloud, stepped aside and bowed.

Affi nodded in response and went to the stage. She climbed low stairs and stood in front of Trixie.

“Well, my trick looks quite simple,” she began, “but it’s not so easy to repeat it.”

Then she tightly closed her blue eyes, waited for a second and opened them. But now they were orange. Trixie got a little surprised.

“Well, it’s quite extraordinary,” she admitted.
“It’s only the first part,” smiled Affi and blinked again. When she opened her eyes, left one was blue, and right remained orange. Then she blinked one more time, and the colors reversed. She blinked for some more times, unsystematically switching the colors, then stopped, having returned the usual blue irises.
“Interesting. But it can be repeated,” Trixie closed her eyes, focused and casted a spell. When she lifted her eyelids, she had yellow eyes of a bat pony.
“You need tuft of hair on ears and fake wings for completeness,” said Affi, looking at magician.
“I’m working on it,” answered Trixie.

Affi nodded and left the stage. Karin decided to go next.

“Well, and what do you have for me?” wondered Trixie, looking at small blond mare.
“Do you have a horseshoe?” asked Karin. “A large one is desirable.”
“I think I have one…” magician looked in her luggage, and soon levitated out one big and quite new horseshoe.
“That’s exactly what I need!”
“So, what are you going to do with it?” asked Trixie, giving the horseshoe to Karin.
“Watch,” grinned blond mare. “And one, two, and one, two, three, four…”

In the eyes of astonished crowd Karin unbent the horseshoe, turned it into a simple metal strip and then twisted it into a spiral.

Discord almost dropped his popcorn. He didn’t expect that such tiny and sweet-looking mare can be so strong.

Karin, continuing to smile, gave the spiral to stunned Trixie.

“What’s your occupation?” muttered magician.
“I’m a maid. And, sometimes, a porter.”

Researchers snickered. Their colleague can really rock!

“Well…” continued Trixie. “I can’t repeat what you’ve just done, but I can do this.”

Her horn illuminated, and spiral crumpled into a sphere. Trixie spun it with her magic for some time, then made one more effort, and sphere slowly took the form of the original horseshoe.

“This spell might be extremely helpful for me. It’s a pity that I’m not a unicorn,” said Karin.
“And thanks Celestia that you aren’t! I can’t even imagine what you could be able for if you were a unicorn!” thought Trixie but said: “Thank you.”

Karin gave a nod and went back to the crowd. Her place on the stage was taken by Zet’rar.

“And what is your talent?” asked Trixie.

Zet’rar raised his foreleg, like saying “one moment!” and started to cough. He did it for some seconds and, sometimes, it was so hard that it seemed he’ll just cough out his own tonsils. But, eventually, he stopped and turned to Trixie.

“Well?” she said.

And Zet’rar repeated what she has just said. In her voice.

“What? No way! How do you do it?” exclaimed surprised magician.

Technician continued to mimic her, repeating all her acts and words.

“Now, enough!” stated Trixie. “So, you can mimic voices of others?”
“Yes,” nodded Zet’rar.
“And how many voices can you mimic?”
“Quite a lot.”

And then he began to talk in voices of all bearers of the elements, Spike, Discord, Shining Armor, and, in final, he exactly repeated festive speech of princess Celestia from the opening ceremony of Canterlot carnival.

After this even Discord applauded. “Even changelings aren’t able to mimic voices so perfectly!” he thought.

“Well,” said Trixie when Zet’rar finished his performance, “maybe I’m not able to switch the voices as fast as you, but I can mimic them too!”

She casted another spell and sang chorus from one of the most famous songs of Sapphire Shores in voice of the singer.

When she was singing, Kor slightly pushed Edez and send him a message via the implant: “Dude, I have one awesome idea…” and told about her. Edez, having heard it, widely grinned and gave his friend a nod. “We’ll do it!” he said.

Meanwhile Trixie finished to sing.

“You sing beautifully, I must say,” said Zet’rar.
“Thank you,” responded Trixie.

Technician gave a nod and left the stage. When he got on the ground, Kor raised his foreleg.

“Pardon me, but can you accept a challenge from two ones at the same time?” he asked.
“Hm, why not?” said magician. “It would be interesting.”

Having heard yes, Kor waved his foreleg, and together with Edez rushed to the stage.

Trixie faltered for a moment when two giants stood in front of her.

“So, and what’s your trick?” she quietly asked.
“It’ll look quite unusual,” said Edez. “But before we start… Do you have a big cushion?”

Magician nodded and soon got the pillow.

“And now the last thing… Pippi, come here!” continued Edez.

Blond mare got up to the stage again and stood near her colleagues.

“What are you, twits, up to?” she asked via the implant.
“We just want to show what some energy pumping can do,” answered Kor.

Edez with a gesture asked Karin to come to the cushion and sit on it. When she sat, Kor turned to spectators, said “Watch!” and touched his friend’s neck. Karin rolled and closed her eyes and fell down on the cushion.

“What have you done to her?” exclaimed Trixie and some other ponies.
“Nothing harmful, I swear. She’s just unconscious. You can see for yourself.”

Some ponies got up on the stage and checked Karin. Indeed, she was unconscious and looked just like she was sound asleep.

“And… what now?” asked a couple of ponies.
“Now – stage two,” answered Edez and touched Karin’s stomach. She twitched, opened her eyes and in a moment was up. She shook her head and deeply breathed.

“H-how?” uttered amazed Trixie.
“Like this,” said giants, and Kor made his friend to faint again. In a couple of seconds Edez woke her up. Then they repeated the cycle. They were ready to do it for the third time, but Karin, when she got up, shouted:
“Will you stop it?”
“Okay!” answered stallions.

Soon everything was settled, everypony calmed down. Karin forgave her colleagues and returned to the crowd.

When Trixie and Kor and Edez remained alone on the stage again, magician said:

“Your trick is incredible. I don’t even know how I can respond, but I’ll try.”

She looked around the crowd, stopped at Derpy and asked her to get up on the stage. When pegasus flew there, magician told her to sit on the cushion. Meanwhile she took a pocket watch. Trixie said Derpy to get ready, then took the chain of the watch with her magic and started to swing the device slowly. Derpy stared at the watch, Trixie muttered something. This lasted for some time, then, suddenly, Trixie put the watch aside and clapped. Derpy immediately fell asleep. Trixie clapped again, and gray pegasus woke up. Researchers gave approving nod. Soon magician undid the hypnosis and thanked Derpy. She flew back to the crowd. Kor and Edez went after her, but Trixie stopped them:

“Tell, me, please, what’s the catch?”
“Sorry, miss, it’s a military secret,” said Edez.
“Military secret?”
“Yep. We’re guards, after all.”

And they took their places among spectators. After them Oma got up on the stage. Trixie looked at her with expectation. Oma smiled, sat on the cushion that remained after the previous trick and turned to the spectators.

“For my trick I need a volunteer,” she said and looked around. “Allegro, dear, can you come here, please?”

Zet’rar almost jumped. She has never called him like that publicly. But he did what she asked for.

“So, what should I do?” he asked.
“Just put your hoof in my mane,” said Oma.

Zet’rar surprised, but did it. Oma smiled wider and said:

“And now try to pull it out.”

He pulled. But his foreleg didn’t even move. Zet’rar surprised, frowned and tried again. Nothing. Spectators and Trixie got amazed. He tried one more time, put more strength, but still no results. His hoof just stuck in her mane like in a tar. Technician growled and pulled with all his strength. But he only dragged Oma behind himself. Zet’rar got completely stunned. He just couldn’t pull his hoof out! So, seeing no way out, he said “Excuse me”, lifted snickering Oma on his forelegs and returned to the audience. Only there she finally freed her friend’s limb.

“How did you do that?” wondered mint-colored unicorn who stood near her.
“Just excellent hair straightening,” Oma answered.
“Ehm… Can you give me this remedy?”
“Sorry, company confidential.”
“Well, I have absolutely no idea how you did it, so I can’t repeat this,” said Trixie. “But I can turn my coat into a velcro!”

She quickly hided the cushion, focused and casted the spell. When the work was done, magician levitated her hat from behind the scenes and stuck it to her side. And it adhered. Then, with silent “Ow!” she tore the hat off and undid the spell.

“Next?” she addressed to the spectators.

After her words Sheim went up on the stage.

“Well, my trick may seem weird to you, but… that’s my ability.”

He sat, deeply breathed, closed his eyes, lowered his head and… did nothing more.

“Ehm… that’s it?” uttered surprised Trixie.
“Allow us to demonstrate what really is this trick!” intervened Kor and together with Edez got up on the stage.

They approached sitting Sheim, and Edez just pushed his colleague. Sheim fell down like a statue. There was even a thud. After this Kor grabbed the green stallion, lifted him and shook like a puppet. Sheim again didn’t move and show absolutely no reaction.

“See?” said Edez. “He’s perfectly still! No response on anything! Absolutely!”
“Really?” Discord got interested and snapped. Sheim took the pose of thinker, but still hie eyes were shut and he didn’t move. It seemed that he didn’t even breathe. Spirit of chaos made some more “sculptures” from green stallion, but he always remained still.

Only after a couple of minutes he, suddenly for all others, came to life and sincerely wondered why he’s standing in a pose of discus thrower. Discord apologized and explained the reason. Sheim forgave him, having said that other always want to test it. When he finished, his colleagues returned to other spectators, and Sheim himself turned to Trixie.

“I don’t even know how to respond on it…” she said. “The only similar thing what I’m able for is this.”

And after these words she sat in the lotus position, closed her eyes and focused. Her horn glowed again, and in a moment she took off from the floor. She spent some time still and floating in the air, then got down, looked at Sheim and shrugged.

“Not bad. I like it. Perfect for the meditation,” said green stallion.
“Well, I’m glad,” said Trixie in response.

Sheim got down from the stage, and Bluve got up.

“And what do you have to surprise me?” magician asked her.
“Ehm… I can do one trick, but I need a table and… an apple.”
“No problem,” said Trixie and levitated folding wooden table and the fruit from her luggage.

Bluve thanked her and quickly prepared the table. She put an apple on it near herself, leaned, opened her mouth and… in a moment apple was gone, and her mouth was full. Spectators don’t even have time to blink when all it happened.

Trixie froze with surprised expression. “How?” she muttered.

“I can do it again,” said Bluve, having swallowed the food.

Magician gave her another apple, Bluve put it on the table, leaned, and everything happened as it was at the first time.

“I still don’t get how do you do it,” Trixie began, “I just saw how you jerked a bit, and… But I can give a good respond on this,” and she addressed the spirit. “Mister Discord, could you give me some of your popcorn?”

Discord snapped, and Trixie got portion of popcorn what was only twice smaller than her. “You’re welcome!” said spirit.

Trixie thanked him and focused on the snack. She casted another spell, then just say on the floor and opened her mouth. And pieces of popcorn began to jump right in it. Trixie ate them with pleasure.

Discord, looking at it, thought “Dammit, that’s the idea!” So he repeated this, only having made his portion to float in the air near him.

“Good trick,” said Bluve and gave Trixie a nod. Trixie reciprocated, and turquoise mare left the stage. And the last member of Team One, Max went to the stage. When he approached, he asked Trixie to leave the table and said that he needs a knife, usual kitchen one or a penknife. Magician said “Okay” and gave him her penknife. After this Max turned to the audience and said:

“Spike, my friend, I need you.”
“Me? Why?” surprised little dragon.
“Because for this trick I need someone with fingers.”
“Uh, okay,” He got up on the stage and came to Max.

Bronze stallion addressed little dragon again:

“Now you have to trust me. It’ll look frighteningly, but it’s be absolutely safe for you. You won’t get hurt. Okay?”
“Okay.”
“Put your paw on the table and let’s start then,” said Max, prepared the knife and began to hit.

Spike froze and just watched how guard hit the table with the knife right between his fingers. At first he did it quite slowly, but then he started to accelerate. Knife began to move faster and faster, and in a minute it just flickered in front of dragon’s eyes. But Max remained calm and concentrated.

“Ohhh…” uttered Twilight, worrying for her assistant. “I can’t believe that this can be safe!”

Max turned to her and said “Don’t worry, it’s absolutely safe.” He didn’t stop during this. Spike got pale. Max, in turn, as if nothing were wrong, continued. A bit later he decided to do one thing for greater effect. Absolutely suddenly he threw the knife up, caught it with other foreleg, and continued to hit with the same speed. He exhausted Spike’s nerves for twenty seconds, then finally stopped. He sincerely thanked little dragon. Spike gave a nod and, staggering, returned to Twilight.

“Very impressive,” said Trixie. “But we, magicians, knew the trick that can compete with this one.”

Trixie went behind the curtain and soon returned with one well-known device: huge spinning wheel. She chose a volunteer from the public, fixed her on the wheel and spun it. When velocity got great, magician took seven daggers and threw them one after another. Then she stopped the wheel, showed that all daggers didn’t hit the pony and gave her volunteer some time to recover. Max appreciated the trick.

“Thank you,” said Trixie. “But I have one question: where did you learn it?”
“Well… I had to spend some time with dragons,” answered bronze stallion. “If you want them to respect you, you have to show your strength to them or frighten them. I’m just an earth pony, I can’t do magic, I can’t fly and I’m far from being really strong. So the only possible way what I had was to scare them a little. So I came up with this.”
“Interesting. And thanks again.”

Max gave her a nod and got down from the stage.

“So, anypony else?” wondered Trixie.

Discord raised his paw.

“I said that I won’t take part in the challenge,” he said, “but now I want to join it. Miss Trixie, don’t you mind?”
“Ehm…”
“Excellent. Now, I won’t do something extraordinary, I’ll focus on one thing. As I heard, you’ve made some really impressive transformations, so I wonder: can you do some more? For example, some transformations to order?”

Red armchair, where spirit sat, vanished in a flash, and a second later typical counter with big signboard “Conversion Bureau” appeared on the stage.

“So, my friends, who wants to get transformed?” spirit asked.
“This is our chance!” transmitted Max via implant. “If we’ll get right under influence now, we may get all the data what we need to finally understand the phenomenon!”
“Yes!” responded Affi the same way. “We have to do it!”
“We are ready,” said other researchers.
“So, who’ll be the first?”
“I want!” Oma raised her foreleg.
“Then come in, miss!” smiled Discord and invited her with a gesture.
“So, what would you like?” asked spirit when she came to the counter.
“Well…” she began. “Recently me and my friends met princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadance, and princess Luna, looking at me, said that I could be her double… So I’m just wondering how I will look in disguise – you know, with changed colors, with fake horn and wings and other stuff.”
“Hm… Her Highness are right, you are perfect candidate for her double. You got me interested. I will change you. Horn might be fake, it’s not so difficult to imitate magic, but it would be better if wings will be real – there is high probability that you’ll have to move them. Let’s do it.”

Discord snapped, and Oma for a second disappeared in bright flash. When the light dissipated, amazed ponyvillers could contemplate exact copy of princess Luna on the stage. Oma for some moments was still, only then she came to her senses and looked at herself. She tried to move her new wings, and they were real indeed. Then she looked at the audience, raised her foreleg like saying “One moment!”, coughed and said:

“How is my voice? Is it similar to princess’?”
“Quite so…” said Zet’rar.

Spirit gave a nod. Oma smiled and addressed Zet’rar, now in her normal voice:

“Thank you for the lessons,” she turned to Discord. “Well, I’m completely satisfied. Undo the spell, please.”
“As you wish,” responded spirit and with another snap gave Oma her usual appearance.

Sociologist gave him a nod and returned to the audience.

“Anypony else?” asked Discord, looking around at the crowd.
“Me!” jumped Karin.
“So what’s your wish?” he asked when she stood in front of his counter.
“I wonder how I will look in stallion body,” she answered.

Discord surprised, but then, having shrugged, said: “Well, client’s wish is the law,” and snapped. Veil of the light hided Karin, but soon it vanished and revealed a bit shaggy blond stallion. At first he was happy, but then he looked around, focused on some things like measuring them, and soon realized something. He sat down and swore:

“Oh dammit! I thought I’ll be at least an inch higher being a stallion!”

He stood up and approached Trixie. His ears were still on the eye level of average pony. Karin sighed and looked at Discord. Spirit only shrugged again in response.

But soon Discord suddenly became serious, sat down and started to muse.

“You know…” he said after some seconds of thinking, “there is a disproportion in your crew now…” he looked at other researchers. “That’s not right! It should be fixed!”

And, before anypony realized, Discord casted another spell. Kor turned into athletic mare with short mane but long and beautiful lush tail. All his colleagues, bearers of the Elements, Spike and some other ponyvillers just dropped their jaws. Shocked Kor looked at himself, got angry, turned to Discord and growled like a cougar.

“Now everything is fine!” grinned spirit.
“What has just happened?” exclaimed Karin, Affi and Sheim.
“I just restored the balance,” answered Discord. “I returned the number of mares and stallions in your team to original.”
“Dammit, you could just disenchant me!” shouted Karin.
“Nah, it’s boring,” Discord waved off.
“Wow…” uttered Derpy, looking at changed Kor. “You are still so big!.. You can be princess Celestia double like your friend Didinga was double of princess Luna!”
“Hm, no,” said Discord. “The figure does not fit. Shoulders are too broad and hips are narrow. If princess Celestia was engaged in fitness and powerlifting then it would be perfect, but now – no way!”
“Oh, it’s just lovely!” smiled Edez, holding his friend’s tail. “It’s so lush and fluffy! Gorgeous! I like it a lot more!”

Kor growled again, and in a moment his tail jerked, twined around Edez’s neck and sterted to squeeze it.

“I got it! Got it!” wheezed planetologist.

Guard released him and addressed Discord:

“Will you stop all this, please?” he said in a voice of angered dragoness.
“Okay,” said spirit and disenchanted both researchers. Karin and Kor breathed a sigh of relief.
“Any others?” asked Discord.
“I’d like to try one thing,” said Max and went to the stage.
“Well, and what’s your order?”
“You know, I always wanted to spend some time being a zombie. Like, real undead: dreadful look, putrefied flesh, characteristic moves and other attributes.”
“I can do this, but… why?”
“I just like to scare others.”
“Fine.”

Discord casted another spell. Max vanished for a moment in a flash, but when he returned, he was a living nightmare as he wished for. Biologist quickly examined himself, smiled and exclaimed “Oh yeah!”

“And now what?” said Zet’rar. “What’s the benefit?”
“Well…” grinned Max. “Now I can always give you a helping hoof!” and after these words he tore off his left foreleg with his right one and held it out.

Spectators shuddered, the most nervous fainted. Max laughed, joined the leg back and after short pause turned to Trixie.

“Madam,” he began, “you are magnificent magician and wonderful mare. I can’t express my admiration to you. You charmed me, and so I’m ready to give you my heart right now!”

And with his right foreleg he breached his chest and started to fumble inside. But after the first move he became extremely surprised.

“That’s odd…” he spelled. “Everything got mixed! That’s liver, that’s pancreas, that’s a kidney… Wait! What is kidney doing between my lungs?”

At that moment Trixie sincerely regretted that she hadn’t her hat now. At least she’d have something to vomit into. Now she had to put incredible efforts to keep retching. Like many other ponyvillers.

“Ew! Gross!” shuddered ponies.
“Make me unsee this!” screamed Sheim and Zet’rar.
“Disenchant him! Now!” shouted Aff to Discord.
“Agree,” nodded spirit and undid the spell.

Max, when his body returned to normal and his foreleg appeared to be out from his chest, exclaimed:

“Oh come on!”
“Dude, it was too harsh,” said Edez.

Max looked at him, sighed and then addressed all present. “I’m asking for forgiveness for what I’ve just done. Especially you, miss Trixie.”
“We forgive you, b-but next time don’t d-do something like that, okay?” said Spike.

Trixie gave a nod.

Max nodded in response and returned to his colleagues.

When everypony calmed down, Discord vanished the counter, stood up and looked at Trixie. Magician at first asked for some time, but then said that she is ready. Spirit smiled and stepped aside, giving space to her. Trixie bowed, looked around the audience and asked Spike to get up on the stage. Little dragon said “Okay” and came to magician.

“Who would you like to be?” she asked.
“You know… Living among ponies sometimes makes me wish to become one of them. Even for a couple of hours,” said Spike.
“Well, this can be arranged,” smiled Trixie and focused. For some seconds she concentrated, and then, suddenly for everyone, place where Spike was standing just exploded. Stage was with smoke. Seeing this Rainbow Dash together with some her colleagues from weather team soared up and began to disperse that smoke. Soon it was done, and when the stage became clear again, surprised spectators could see that Spike turned into purple teenage colt with bright green mane, tail and eyes.

“Wow!” he exclaimed, looking at himself. “I even have my cutie mark!”
“Yes,” Trixie gladly smiled and looked at Discord, like saying “Well?”
“Good, very good,” said Discord. “You really achieved a lot.”

He bowed to her and, having materialized his red armchair again, returned to the audience.

After this there were some more challenges. Berry Punch, Bon Bon, Cloudchaser and Flitter, Bulk Biceps, Big Mac tried their hooves, but Trixie successfully repeated and improved their stunts. There were only two tricks that turned out to be difficult for magician. First, the Derpy’s one, looked quite easy: mare took a rope and started to tie a knot, slowly forming a clod. When it reached the size of a hoofball ball, Derpy grabbed the ends of the rope, pulled them, and whole construction easily decayed, and soon she held the rope again. The second trick was performed by Ponyville musicians – Lyra, Vinyl and Octavia. Together they played some typical house music, but using traditional instruments. That trick was the only one about what Trixie said that she can’t repeat this or do something similar. She admitted that Lyra, Vinyl and Octavia won the challenge.

The show was over. Trixie thanked the spectators for their attention, ponyvillers thanked her for good performance. Magician said goodbye, and citizens started to go away. Discord bowed to Trixie and together with his armchair teleported away. Researchers also expressed their gratitude and appreciation to Trixie, said goodbye to her and slowly went to the castle. Bearers of the Elements and Spike stayed to talk a little bit with her.

“Well, that was really amazing experience!” said Karin.
“Oh yeah!” nodded Kor. “That was…something.”
“We got even more than we needed,” said Zet’rar.
“By the way, what about the data?” asked Edez. “How much data has been collected?”
“Memory blocks are almost full,” answered Bluve.
“And some of us got so much information that had to use additional ones,” added Oma.
“We’ll surely provide work for our ASI for the next three days,” said Zet’rar.
“Now, when we have all these scans and tested the influence of magic on ourselves, we may be the first Team who solve this mystery,” said Affi.
“I hope so too,” uttered Edez. “And, by the way, what did you record Discord’s mind scanogram?”
“Yes. After Celestia and Luna it wasn’t so difficult to process it.”
“So, and what is your opinion?” wondered Sheim.
“Though he was a villain, now he’s really reformed and nothing more but a prankster and troll. With quite difficult character. I like him.”
“You liked him?” surprised Oma. “He’s absolutely ungovernable!”
“I like to tame ungovernable ones.”
“You decided to become the most dangerous pony, eh?” grinned Kor.
“I just liked him, that’s all! Let’s better return to our jobs.”
“Agree. Let’s return to our jobs,” said Edez.

And they continued their walk.

Meanwhile another group was returning to their place, discussing today’s events.

“Well, that was one of the most impressive magic shows that I’ve ever seen,” uttered Cloudbreaker.
“Yep, these guys are talented,” said Razor Edge. “Sometimes even too talented…”
“When we arrived here, I still was thinking that all these words about princess Twilight’s servants and guards aren’t true,” said Dim Silhouette. “But now I saw this…”
“Everything as our Hid said. Superequine abilities!” grinned Grace.
“I can understand and accept the imitation of voices, play with knife and that trick with fruits,” continued Dim Silhouette. “But that anabiotic fading, holding things with hair and making faint and bringing to life with a single touch…”
“Having such tricks, these big guys can be really redoubtable guards,” spelled Razor Edge.
“And what about the mare who changed colors of her eyes?” wondered Cloudbreaker.
“It’s questionable,” said Grace. “I heard that she said that it was the result of an incident. There is such possibility, but… I’m not completely sure about it.”
“Well, my friends, you’ve seen what these nine are able for,” suddenly said Hidden Path. “And I’m sure that it’s just the tip of the iceberg.”
“Why do you think so?” asked Cloudbreaker.
“They didn’t want to take part – they did it because princess Twilight with her friends persuaded them. So they just had to come up with something that wouldn’t be so shocking and extraordinary, they had to show something that could be accepted as ordinary tricks to avoid any suspicions.”
“Can be…” uttered Grace.
“But still it’s not the proof,” said Razor Edge. “We all saw this and now have the evidence. But all this can be explained as usual, but highly professional tricks!”
“Indeed,” nodded Hidden Path. “That’s why we should continue the observations and collect data until we get one hundred percent sure that they are not the ones they say they are. Now we have only first evidence. Let’s fix and keep it.”

His colleagues gave a nod, and they went to their headquarters.