• Published 16th May 2015
  • 2,302 Views, 99 Comments

My Little Pony Dimensions - PhantomSage21098



a new threat has awoken. And it wants the multiverse, join Jacob and the main six, as they solve the mystery of the obscure events.

  • ...
15
 99
 2,302

Chapter 3: Battle of the Bands pt 1 (EG:RR)

Author's Note:

Now, here is were the singing takes place. But not at the beginning, only at the Battle of the Bands. The singers are color-coded. Here's the list, this also counts for the next chapter. The next chapter will have Jacob and Sunset sing. Also there are links tho the songs.

Twilight

Rarity

Applejack

Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy

Sunset Shimmer

Jacob

All

Two colors mean both

For the Dazzlings.

Adagio

Aria

Sonata

all

The next day, at the high school.

The Rainbooms were practicing the counterspell at Sweet Apple Acres, while Jacob was at the school, looking for answers. He was wandering the halls until he came across three little girls, one was redheaded and yellow-skinned, the second was white-skinned with pink and purple hair, the third was orange-skinned and purple-haired. They saw him, "Hey, you!" The first called out.

"Yes?" Jacob said, "How may I help you?"

"You were with my sister yesterday, are you going to be in their band?"

"No, I'm not into that kind of thing. What are your names by the way?"

"Ah'm Apple Bloom." The first one said.

"I'm Sweetiebell." The second said.

"And I'm Scootaloo." Said the third, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Glad you asked," Jacob said, "The others and I got jumped yesterday by some freaks in masks, so I came here looking for some answers."

"Ya, sure they ain't another band?" Asked Applebloom.

"They aren't. If they were, they would be human and not speak in a different language." The heard a price of paper from nearby, they looked to where it came from. There was a sheet, taped onto a locker. They went over to it and Jacob read it.

L R L R L
12153

"What's all this?" Asked Scootaloo.

"Its a combination of this locker, I suppose." He replied.

"Well, open it." Said Sweetie bell.

"Alright, but before we do that. Do you know who owns this locker?" They voiced their answer, which is no. "Okay." He started to use the combination, then it opened. He looked in the locker and all there was...was a newspaper.

"Why would there be these in here?" Asked Applebloom.

"Don't know, but look at the date on it." He replied that he looked at the date. "1954, and this is from my hometown, Starlight Falls. It says, 'Local murder mysteries not solved, reports of random drownings and fires occur for certain families, culprits not identified.' Murder? What the heck? People there said that it's a peaceful, quiet town."

"Ya didn't know this was happening? Did any of your friends, from your town, tell ya?"

"I didn't have any friends there, everyone in the town accused me of being a menace when I'm not. And plus, I was born forty-four years from then. I better show this to the others." He reached down and picked up the papers. When he stood up, he heard something metal fall to the floor.

"Hey," Scootaloo said. "You dropped something."

"What's that?" Applebloom asked. Sweetiebell picked it up.

"It's a ring." She replied the ring had a smooth-cut amethyst on it. "Finders keepers."

"And you're the loser's weepers," Jacob said. "that's my ring."

"Is not."

"Is too. My name's on it." She looked at the ring and... He was right. He held his hand out, wanting her to give it to him. She did, she placed the ring in its owner's hand. Jacob took the ring and put it on his right ring finger. "Back where you belong."

"Hey, the Battle of the Bands is gonna start in five minutes!" Scootaloo spoke up, then the trio ran off, leaving Jacob behind. Then Jacob turned around and saw the Rainbooms running towards him, and past him.

"Jacob, come on!" Twilight called out.

"Coming!" Then he started running after them.


In the gym, the Battle of the Bands was about to begin. Celestia and Luna were on stage, giving the startling announcement. "Welcome to the first-ever Canterlot high school Battle of the Band." Celestia said, in the mic she was holding, "I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school." All the students in the gym cheered in excitement. "We are so glad our four newest students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting!" The Dazzlings and Wrath were sitting at the top of the bleachers. Celestia then gave Luna the mic.

"But as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner." Luna said, "Who is it going to be?" Then everyone started arguing once again, telling each other unkind competitive remarks. More of the mist appeared and the Dazzlings absorbed it.

"You feel that, girls?" Adagio asked, "Our true power is being restored." They started giggling to themselves, then the Rainbooms entered, and Wrath ceased their laughter.

"And that is before we get our hands on their magic, ladies." He spoke.

"But the Rainblossoms, or whatever they're called, aren't under our spell." Aria said, "How exactly are we supposed to get to their magic?"

"One of the Corrupted, that I sent to kill the boy, told me when they were following them, he noticed that the cowgirl, Applejack, got on to the athlete, Rainbow Dash, saying it was just her band. That will be a problem for them, letting little things get to them. How childish. They are just as capable of falling apart as everyone else is. They just need a push in the wrong direction."

"Exactly," Adagio said, "and I have a feeling everyone here is going to be lining up to give them a shove."


Snips and Snails were the first, but they sounded terrible. As soon as they were finished with their song, they left the stage to the left. "In yo face, Rainbooms." Snips said as they left.

"Least we know one group who won't stand in the way of us getting to the finals." Applejack said.

"Let's get ready to rock!" Rainbow declared, but they forgot one more member.

"Wait, where's Rarity?" Pinkie asked. Then Rarity showed up wearing a fringe outfit and she does look good in it. The rest of the band just stared at her, until Jacob broke the silence.

"Nice fringe outfit Rares, but why?" He spoke.

"Well, we will be performing in front of an audience. I'm going to wear something fabulous?" Applejack facepalms herself, and the others rolled their eyes.

"Rarity, remember when I said about saboteurs? The entire school is under a spell, so they might find ways to sabotage you. Pinkie, don't use your confetti cannon, that'll make things worse." They all stared at him in confusion. "I know that sounds strange, but I know."


Later, on stage, the Rainbooms were getting ready to play. Jacob, Sunset, and Spike were backstage.

"So, how are they going to try to sabotage the band?" Sunset asked.

"Well," Jacob began, "Photo Finish will be first. She and her band will use the marionette technique on Rarity, using magnets tied to strings up on the catwalk. Pinkie Pie will use one of her cannons when one of the rival band members says 'boring'. Finally, Snips and Snails will be on the catwalk, too. They'll use one of the stage lights to scare Fluttershy." Spike looks confused for a moment and tells him.

"Your probably just thinking of what might happen."

"No, I'm knowing of what will happen, Short stuff. I've seen what has happened before. I got to get up there." Jacob looked around and found a ladder, leading up to the walk. But he thought for a sec, and looked at a broom near the door. "I'm gonna need a weapon. I'll need a boxing glove, an empty coffee can, a spring, and that broom." Spike and Sunset went off to find the other things and came back with them. Jacob used the item to make...

"The Brilliant Bopper."


The other students were chatting while staring at the Rainbooms on stage. They were about to play. "Remember." Twilight whispered, "We have to be good enough to make it through, but not so good we let the Sirens see the magic within us. They could realize we plan to use it against them."

"Got it!" Rainbow said, "Be cool enough to win, but not so cool that we end up showing off the whole ears and tails and rainbows thing. So... about 20% less cool."

"One, two." Pinkie said, and the song begins.

We've just got the day to get ready

And there's only so much time to lose

Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party

So, let's think of something fun to do.

Meanwhile, on the catwalk, Jacob just got up there. He looked down at the other end and saw Photo and her band. They were about to sabotage the show and Rarity's outfit. "Hey," he shouted and got their attention. "You're gonna break Rarity's heart. Not a way to treat a lady." He aimed his weapon at them and charged.

We don't know (we don't know!) What's gonna happen

We just know (We just know) it's gonna feel right.

All our friends are here and it's time to ignite the lights!

WHAM! Jacob knocks them off the catwalk, but not on the stage.

Shake your tail 'cause we're gonna have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Photo and her band were knocked out, Jacob watched the show from above and was surprised that Pinkie didn't even shoot her cannon.

So what, you didn't get it right the first time

Laugh it off! No one said it is a crime.

Do your thing; you know you're an original.

Your ideas are so funny that they're criminal.

You've just got today to get ready

And there's only so much time to lose

Because tonight, yeah we're here to party

So let's think of something fun to do.

Jacob looks to the other end of the walk and sees Snips and Snails, going for the stage light. He quickly made it over to them. "Oh boys, that's not a good idea." He aimed his weapon at them...but they chickened out. They left the catwalk.

We don't know (we don't know) what's gonna happen

We just know (We just know) it's gonna feel right

Our friends are here and it's time ignite the lights

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail cause were here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

The song was finished, but the only applause they got was from the principals. Jacob climbed down the ladder, backstage and to be greeted by Sunset.

"Jacob," she said, "that was impressive. How did you know they were going to do that?"

"Yeah, how did you?" Applejack says sarcastic, as the Rainbooms left the stage.

"Well, I just knew. Period, but if you insist on playing 20 questions, go ahead." He replied with a smile.

"Well, could you be a dear, and tell us what would happen if you didn't help." Rarity said.

"To answer that, if I didn't, your outfit would've been ruined." Rarity whimpered a bit. "AJ would've gotten on to you, thinking you're trying to make them lose."

"Well, whoever would've done that, couldn't have done so if she didn't insist on dressing like...like this!" Applejack said, gesturing to Rarity's dress.

"Then Rainbow would've gotten onto Pinkie for firing her confetti cannon, which I'm thankful that didn't happen."

"Yeah, how would I even shred if there were paper stuck in my frets?" Rainbow asked, staring at Pinkie.

"It would've been pretty distracting." Fluttershy quietly commented

"Hah! Says the girl who would've been running from a light the whole time." Pinkie said in front of her, "A light!"

"You still sounded much better than most of the other bands." Sunset said, "I'm sure you'll make it to the next round."

"But it won't matter if you don't have the counter-spell ready," Jacob said, and Twilight was a bit guilty. "You guys find a place to practice where the Sirens can't hear you. Sunset and I will keep an eye out here." On stage, Derpy and her band were up, but something nearly slipped Jacob's mind, the newspaper. "Oh, guys. I was meaning to show you this." He pulled the article out of his pocket and gave it to Twilight; she looked through it and saw in the photo...the fourth new student.

"Hey, it's that guy." She said "The one with The Dazzlings."


Later in the halls.

Wrath and the Dazzlings rounded the corner to go back to the gym but were stopped by Sunset Shimmer and Jacob. The girl spoke first. "You're never going to get away with this."

"Yeah," Jacob said, "basically, you don't know the rules, you four. The good guys win and the bad guys lose."

"Boy, those rules won't save you." Wrath said.

"How do you know my name?" Wrath began circling them.

"We know more than just your name, you and Sunset. We know you both have quite the reputation from your homes, the crown, the magic, and especially...the loss of your father." Jacob was confused about what he was saying. "You were there when it happened, weren't you? The castle, your father killed right before your eyes."

"What is he talking about, Jacob?" Sunset asked as Wrath looked at Jacob.

"You haven't told them? Some friend you are."

"You don't know me, hot head. That is not what happened. My dad left; he didn't get killed." Jacob said.

"That is what you think. There are some things that end in blood, and you know it does. You saw it happen before." Then Jacob got a splitting headache all of a sudden.

"Jacob, your nose is bleeding!" Sunset said, then Jacob put two fingers against his nostrils and looked at them. She's right, they were bleeding. He remembered his game 'BioShock Infinite.' Knowing, but not remembering.

"Are you really that dumb?"

"Leave him alone!"

"Ah, that reminds me. You destroyed two of our Corrupted." He punches Jacob across the face, knocking him to the ground. "That felt good."

"Hey, I said leave him alone." She went over and Jacob up. Wrath then snickered a laugh.

"You two think your friends? How weak. Friendship is a weakness, always has and will be."

"Wrath," Adagio began, "if it's any consolation, no one is going to remember them at all by the time we're done." They left them.

"Wrath," Jacob growled in anger, "You are so dead."


Later, on stage, the Dazzlings were about to perform.

"Remember girls," Adagio began, "we want to save the good stuff for when our full power has been restored." Their amulets shimmered then the curtains opened.

Oh whoa-oh, oh wha-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh wha-oh oh wha-oh

Now that your under our spell
Blindsided by the beat clapping your hands, stomping your feet
You didn't know that you fell

oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

Now you've fallen under our spell

oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

We've got the music makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say jump you say how high
Put your hands up to the sky

Bulk Biceps vs. Snips and Snail. Bulk wins.

We got the music makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say jump you say how high
Put your hands up to the sky

Flash's band vs. The Green band. Flash wins.

Oh wha-oh, oh wha-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh wha-oh, oh wha-oh
Now that your our spell

Twilight was struggling with the spell and Jacob was a bit down.

Listen to the sound of my voice

oh wha-oh
oh wha-oh

Soon you'll find you don't have a choice

Oh wha-oh
Oh wha-oh

Captured in the web of my song

Oh wha-oh
Oh wha-oh

Soon you'll be singing along

oh, oh, oh,
oh, oh, oh,

The Rainbooms vs. Octavia. Rainbooms win.

We've got the music makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say jump you say how high
Put your hands up to the sky

Lyra and Bon Bon vs. Trixie and the illusions. Trixie wins.

The Rainbooms were bickering while Twilight was still struggling.

We got the music makes you move it
Got the that makes you lose it
We say jump you say how high
Put your hands up to the sky

The Crusaders posed for their song.
The Rainbooms, minus Jacob and Sunset, were fighting over which song to play.

Oh wha-oh, oh wha-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh wha-oh, oh wha-oh
Now that you're under our spell

The whole school was fighting, while the mist was swirling around them.

Oh wha-oh, oh wha-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh wha-oh, oh wha-oh
Now that you're under our

Spell

The Dazzlings absorbed the mist, while Adagio gave a maniacal laugh.

To be continued...