• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,455 Views, 122 Comments

Pegasus Feathers - Vanilla Mocha



When three new students join Ponyville's school, what is under their skin is much more "magical" than what others may think. And with evil magic pushing the bonds of their friendship, will the CMC still be friends for long?

  • ...
12
 122
 1,455

Makes and Shakes

Ryon wiped the messy, crumb-covered counter tops in Sugarcube Corner while Scootaloo was busy helping their last customer.

"I'll take a chocolate shake, medium please. With extra whipped cream." The light brown mare said, acting like she was in a hurry. She looked like a serious business pony, and Scootaloo knew she'd have to impress her. Her purple suit and pink scarf, along with the matching earrings made her personality. The blonde-haired mare stood at the counter, looking the slight bit ticked.

"Coming right up!" Scootaloo said, going to the shake machine.

The tall, cold box began to make a crunching noise. The gadgets inside began getting louder and louder as the filly kept the medium shake container on the dispenser. "It... it'll be right out. Heh, it's just a little slow today. A lot of shakes toady, heh heh." Scootaloo said, seeing the annoyed mare was staring at her.

"Is it?" Ryon whispered in Scootaloo's left ear.

"Don't worry. I got this." Scootaloo said, wanting to not only impress the customer, but also her new crush.

She turned around, and noticed the customer was now tapping her right front hoof on the ground impatiently. "Hurry up, kid. I have a train to catch." She mumbled.

"It'll be right out. Trust me." Scootaloo said a little bit louder than before. The shake maker began crashing and churning even louder. Then, suddenly, it stopped. The machine stopped vibrating. It seemed dead.

"See? Nothing to wor-" Scootaloo couldn't finish her sentence. Both of her front legs were now covered in freezing cold, wet, slimy, chocolate cream. The cup had been completely filled up when the machine stopped and dispensed, but it had given way to much.

"Scootaloo! Take it off the dispenser!" Ryon said, seeing the machine was now spitting chocolate all over the floor.

"Awwgh! Oh no!" Scootaloo now felt embarrassed.

She quickly sat the drink on the counter, and wiped her front legs and chest off. "Here you go, ma'am....?" Scootaloo quietly said.

"Keep it. I'll get one in Canterlot when I get there." The mare walked out, her head held high.

Scootaloo sighed. "I probably just ruined the restaurant's reputation." she said.

"No, I don't think so. It wasn't your fault. That could've happened to anypony. I would have still bought from you," Ryon said, getting some paper napkins out from the cabinet below the counter.

"You don't have to clean this mess of mine up. I made it. Besides, you just cleaned the counter tops." Scootaloo sighed.

"Nah. Besides, I have nothing else to do." Ryon said, now throwing away the dirty napkins.

"I'll just sit this over here." Scootaloo said, holding the chocolate shake in her front right hoof. Walking over to the counter, she slipped not noticing the chilly, slimy chocolate below her.

"Hold on!" Ryon's wing immediately flew open, and wrapping it around the orange filly, it managed to hold Scootaloo up. The end feather extended outwards, and the shake was caught in between it and the second feather.

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I'm in his wing! He's holding me with his wing! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Scootaloo thought, feeling giggly.

"W-wow. Thanks, R-ryon." Scootaloo managed to say, blushing.

"No prob. I guess I missed a spot, huh?' Ryon said, now looking down at the chocolate.

"I'll get it. Wow, I'm just so clumsy today." Scootaloo confessed, now realizing how big Ryon's wings were. I know my wings are pretty small, but those look even bigger than Rainbow Dash's! At his age? How is it possible? Scootaloo thought. But she didn't care. She was to love-struck for that.


It was 7:30, and Sugarcube Corner would be closing in a half an hour. Ryon sat down in a squeaky, wooden stool behind the counter. Scootaloo sat down to the left of him. Ryon looked in front of him, and eyed a shake. Thirsty, he leaned over and began to drink out of it.

No realizing how hungry she was, Scootaloo looked around. She didn't want to eat the Cake's inventory. She then saw a chocolate drink in front of her. She grabbed a straw and stuck it in.

Then, without realizing, they both noticed they were drinking the same chocolate shake- the one the mare would have bought.

Then, they both looked down at the drink, and realized they both had a straw in it- and where using it! Ryon immediately let go.

"Sorry! Was that yours? I had no idea-"

"No, no. It's not mine..." Scootaloo cut in.

"You can still have it, I mean, like, I didn't have that much..." Ryon said.

"You have it. I barely even touched the straw." Scootaloo insisted.

"No, I'm fine. You take it, Scootaloo. Unless," Ryon paused, looking into the pegasi's purple eyes.

"Unless what? Do you mean-" Scootaloo began to blush even more.

"Sure, why not? We were both happy like that, and it's just a chocolate shake." Ryon said. Now he was blushing.

Without saying a word, Scootaloo and Ryon went back to drinking the same shake together.


8:00. Sugarcube Corner was officially closed. The shake was gone. The two ponies sat outside the front door on the steps.

"I can't wait for tomorrow." Scootaloo said.

"Me neither. Hey, do you have any plans Sunday?" Ryon asked.

"No, I don't think so. Why?" Scootaloo's heart fluttered.

"Well, I'm just busy every day this week. Until Friday I have work here, well, I guess you kinda know that. And Saturday I'll be busy with some friends, and Sunday..." Ryon paused.

"Hey, sure. I don't think I'll be doing anything. Well, I had better be going." Scootaloo said. She stood up.

"Bye Ryon. See you tomorrow." She said, leaving.

"Bye, Scootaloo. I love you." He said.

"Wait, what?" Scootaloo said, turning around.

"What? What did I say?" Ryon asked, not realizing what he had thought had really been said.

"You said you love me," Scootaloo sighed, a smile growing on her face.

"Did I?" Ryon looked down at the ground.

"Yes, yes you did. But you know what?" Scootaloo asked the colt.

"What?" Ryon had no idea what to expect.

"I love you, too." And with that. Scootaloo kissed his cheek, and ran off into the night.

Oh my gosh! She kissed me! SHE KISSED ME! SHE KISSED ME!, Ryon wanted to explode into fireworks. He was too happy- he didn't know if this kind of happiness could exist out of heaven. It seemed surreal to him. He knew that ever since he had laid eyes on the filly that she was special, but he never knew it would lead to this! But then, he remembered his past. How could he juggle that with this? If he was going to maintain a relationship, he'd either have to tell her the truth, or let go of his secret life. But he couldn't do that- not after what his cousin had been through with another certain pony he was related to. But he wouldn't ever get hurt- would he?

Ryon continued to ponder these mind-boggling thoughts. I'll do it. I'll do it, for Scootaloo.

Author's Note:

Vanilla Mocha helped me a smidge with Scootaloo's emotions, but Ryon was totally me.


This chapter is unedited for now. If you see any grammar mistakes, just let me know. But please don't be rude about it- I've already had somepony like that on here. Thank you. :scootangel: