• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,452 Views, 122 Comments

Pegasus Feathers - Vanilla Mocha



When three new students join Ponyville's school, what is under their skin is much more "magical" than what others may think. And with evil magic pushing the bonds of their friendship, will the CMC still be friends for long?

  • ...
12
 122
 1,452

Notes

The autumn sun was rising. A new day had just begun. Scootaloo's head rushed with questions and excitement from yesterday. I kissed Ryon... my best friends got in an argument... I have my second day of work today... I can help my friends feel better... I'll have a big day today, she thought. As she continued to get ready for school, the orange pegasus realized something different.

Ryon's wings were pretty big... and now that I think about Loviatar's were big as well at recess yesterday... but is that because I'm not used to seeing ponies with bigger wings? But Rainbow Dash has big wings, but not as big as those! The feathers are just so long... oh, what colt would like me? I have such small wings. But he said he loved me... Scootaloo's mind wandered from Ryon and his sister, then back to Ryon as her crush wedged his way into her mind even more.

Should I still consider him a crush? We've never dated, but he and I have the same feelings for each other... her mind continued to race. Scootaloo's eyes glanced over at her clock. 7:38, that's cool. 7:38?! Ohmygosh! Ohmygish! Ohmygosh! School starts in less than half an hour an it's on the other side of town! Scootaloo quickly ate breakfast, then darted of of her house and down the dirt roads of Ponyville to school.


Apple Bloom sat in her bedroom, as Tears fell from her eyes. A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts. Quickly wiping her tears off her face, she looked up to see Apple Jack, standing in the doorway.

"Whut's wrong, sugarcube?" Apple Jack asked, sensing something was wrong, even though she never saw her sister crying.

"Nuthin'. Ah jest dan't wanna go ta school taday."

"And why's that?"

"Ah... ah dan't like it anymoar." Apple Bloom sniffled.

"That didn't answer mah question. Apple Bloom, what's gott'n inta ya?” Applejack placed her hoof under her sister's chin.

"Ah... ah... ah don't know." The pony lied, wanting to keep her emotions secret.

"Well, come on then. Let's git ya ready fer school." The older mare left the room. Apple Bloom followed her older sister out of her room, although she didn't want to.


Sweetie Belle acted hyper; she had only twenty minutes until school started, and Rarity was taking her sweet time preparing a 'darling outfit' for her.

"Rarity! Come one! I'm going to be late again!" Sweetie Belle squealed.

"Alright, dear. Just a few more minutes and you'll look fab-"

"That's what you said fifteen minutes ago!" the filly whined.

"Darling, beauty comes with a price. Your price is patience right now."

"But Rari-"

"I don't want to hear any 'buts' or 'Rarity's' about it. Now, if you'd just stay still for a tad longer.” Shaking her legs and slightly jumping around, the pony waited. Soon she was completely dressed in a light purple silky cape that stretched all the way down her back and past her flank, ending near the ground. It was attached to a purple beaded necklace and had a matching purple beaded headband. Sweetie Belle had her mane and tail not as curly as usual, but rather wavy this morning. She was wearing light purple horseshoes with glitter coating on them.

"There you are darling. Now, try not to rip this one, please. I'm already having enough trouble trying to fix the other." Rarity sighed.

"Sorry about that, sis. Thank you!" Sweetie Belle quickly said, grabbing her stuff and rushing out the door.


School began. Apple Bloom, who was sitting to Loviatar's right, received a folded piece of paper from the white pegasus. The earth pony quickly opened it up to read the note inside.

It read: Meet me at the water fountain today at recess right away. Apple Bloom nodded, and Loviatar smirked in return.

The two fillies didn't know that a certain unicorn was eavesdropping, or rather spying, on them. It was pretty easy to do, since Sweetie Belle sat to Apple Bloom's right. Although she didn't know what the note said, according to her new friend Irothrust it would be bad news.

Loviatar and Apple Bloom weren't the only ones passing notes. Behind Apple Bloom sat Scootaloo, and behind Scootaloo sat Ryon. The brown pegasus quickly got out a piece of paper, and using his pen he wrote a short and fast message. Folding it quietly, making sure Ms. Cheerilee wasn't looking, he tapped Scootaloo on the back. The orange filly turned her whole body around. Ryon handed her the note, and Scootaloo quickly accepted it.

Turned back around, the filly opened it, and was a little shocked to what she saw. The note read: Scootaloo... I have to tell you something later at recess. Please don't hate me. Can we still be friends after I tell you? Also, I can't tell you in writing. It wouldn't be the same.

Scootaloo's mind began to ponder these thoughts. Was Ryon secretly dating somepony else? Did he not like her anymore as a marefriend? Is he not working anymore with her? Is he moving? Has he been keeping a secret even bigger than these? Scootaloo's heart began to sink into her stomach. Not even a full twenty four hours later had they been together.
'No!' she thought to herself. 'He wouldn't do that...would he?' She felt her stomach do a somersault. She thought of the time they had spent together, her eyes began to water. '...would he?'

Author's Note:

My editor Wonder did another amazing job! :rainbowdetermined2:


I know that this chapter wasn't very long, but I've been waiting to publish this one and to avoid giving away spoiler alerts I couldn't keep writing... :twilightsheepish: