• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,451 Views, 122 Comments

Pegasus Feathers - Vanilla Mocha



When three new students join Ponyville's school, what is under their skin is much more "magical" than what others may think. And with evil magic pushing the bonds of their friendship, will the CMC still be friends for long?

  • ...
12
 122
 1,451

The Argument

The young ponies sat in their seats as Ms.Cheerilee began her lesson.

"Now class, today we will be studying the magic of friendship. Long ago was Discord's reign, and the world was lost in his chaotic powers. But then, our brave and heroic leaders, Princesses Celestia and Luna, rose up against him and defeated him, restoring our land."

Irothrust couldn't pay attention. She was worried for her cousin, Ryon. She could tell that he was blinded from the same trap that caught her so many years ago. She wasn't. Loviatar couldn't get away with it this time. She just can't. She thought.

"Irothrust! Please pay attention, now!" Ms. Cheerilee said, grasping the filly's attention, "I know that history class isn't the most exciting thing for young fillies and colts, but please listen to my lesson. You will all have quizzes, too."

But, I'm not a young filly. And I should ace the quiz; I was there to witness it. Irothrust chuckled quietly to herself.

Apple Bloom hadn't been paying much attention to her teacher, either. All morning she had been getting quick glances from her new friend Loviatar. The pegasus just smiled, and sometimes waved. Her kindness was becoming creepier than the fact that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had accepted Apple Bloom as their friend.

"Apple Bloom! Please pay attention! Didn't you hear me just getting onto Irothrust for that?" The teacher asked, getting irritated.

"Why would I pay any attention to her? She's a stupid brat that only cares 'bout herself! She hit me!" Apple Bloom screamed. Her voice was filled with anger, but the fear in her eyes was visible to those that could see past her tears, which were now running down her cheeks and onto the floor. Her hoof was pointed straight at the hooded pony. Irothrust, unlike how most ponies would have responded, just sat there as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. The teacher's focus went from Apple Bloom to Irothrust. Her face wasn't as mad as it was surprised.

"Irothrust? Is this... true?" The teacher asked, slightly lifting her left hoof towards the normally quiet and well behaved student.
The pony only sat there. Her bright hazel eyes gazed off into space. She didn't move at all.

"Irothrust, is this true?" Ms. Cheerilee said, anger now taking ahold of her voice.

After a few minutes of silence, the caped pony shook her head 'yes' in response. "I was at her farm one day earlier this week, and I was going through her things..." A smile crawled upon Loviatar's face as her cousin admitted that she had hurt Apple Bloom in exchange for the apple seeds.

"Then... I gave her a bloody nose." She finished. Her eyes had not moved from awkwardly starring into the one-room schoolhouse, and they hadn't blinked, either.

"Although I am angry for Apple Bloom screaming and for her use of such language a few minutes ago, I am also disappointed and equally furious with you, young filly. Giving somepony a bloody nose after stealing their personal property is extremely wrong. Apple Bloom, why didn't you tell me?" Ms. Cheerilee asked.

"I- I- I..." she paused, remembering her new friends. What will they think of me after I tell everyone why I didn't? She thought. "I- I wasn't a baby. I could handle it myself, thank you." She said, folding her arms.

"But... you didn't. You seemed very mad at her today. Do you to need to talk it out?" Ms. Cheerilee asked, trying to sound calmer.

"No! She doesn't even talk! How am I supposed to if you are the only one she will talk to?" The earth pony asked.

"She does talk. Maybe she just-" Ms. Cheerilee began, but was cut off by the sound of Diamond Tiara's voice.

"Ms. Cheerilee! It's recess time!" She shouted.

"Ugh... you students go to recess. Apple Bloom, Irothrust... please stay here." She said, slowly exhaling.

The ponies did as they were told.

"Apple Bloom, I will need Granny Smith down here tomorrow. Irothrust, hmm... you parents never came to orientation, did they? Well... I'll need to speak with them tomorrow and-" Once again, the teacher was cut off.

"I have no parents." She said, her monotone voice ringing through the building.

"Oh... sorry about that. Yes, well, what about a grandparent?"

"No, ma'am. I'm sorry."

"Don't be... do you have any older family members around here that you can call up? What about who you go home with?"

"I go nowhere. I have no place to stay. I am alone."

The room was silent.

"Well... let's have a little talk right here. Then, if there's time left, you can go and play with the others." The teacher said, looking down at both students.

Apple Bloom snorted and folded her arms tighter, and like before, Irothrust acted like as if nothing had happened.

"Okay, then... Irothrust, we know that you don't have a lot of, err, food... according to how you presented the way you live outside of school. That doesn't give you the right to steal things from other ponies, however. Now, not because I'm telling you, but because you feel like you need to, tell Apple Bloom sorry."

Irothrust waited a few minutes before proceeding. "I apologize for my mistakes. I ask that you might forgive me, Apple Bloom." For the first time today, she made eye contact with the yellow filly.

Apple Bloom quickly looked away.

"She said sorry, Apple Bloom. Now, what do you say back?"

"I fergive ya." She mumbled.

"A little louder, please." Ms. Cheerilee urged.

"I forgive ya! Fine." Apple Bloom said, anger in the voice.

Irothrust stood up, and walked to the back of the classroom. Apple Bloom followed her example, only she walked outside.

"Irothrust... is there something you need to tell me?" Ms. Cheerilee asked.

"No ma'am." The pony whispered, looking out the window at the ponies outside.

"Well... if you want to play with your friends, go ahead. Just please be more careful next time. And, you and Apple Bloom will be serving detention tomorrow right after school for two hours." The teacher concluded her statement, and went outside to supervise the rest of her class.

Irothrust stayed inside, watching the fillies and colts from the window.

Author's Note:

Wonder did a great job editing for me, like how he did for Blu! Now, just do your thing and comment below! :rainbowdetermined2: