• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 8,983 Views, 696 Comments

The Arrogance of Man - Johng117



When man played God, he gave rise to beings of renowned strength. This is the tale of how one turned his curse into a blessing, with power from those long before him.

  • ...
89
 696
 8,983

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Far from Home

The sun was high in the sky. The land was covered in stone as far as the eye can see. Junior, Mosura, Rodan and Angirasu traveled through the deserted region of Equestria. The air was just as hot back in Appleloosa, much to the Transmutants' dismay. They continued on over the brick red hills of the land. Rodan wiped his forehead, looking up to the sky.

"Oh great. The vultures are circling above us." said Rodan. The other three Transmutants looked up toward the sky, finding a flock of large birds with long necks flying in a circle above them. Junior sighed in annoyance. Mosura gulped uncomfortably at the thought of her bones being picked at for food. Angirasu wore a deadpanned expression.

"Oh, Nature and the ecosystem. Yeah, that shit isn't cute." said Angirasu. The others nodded in agreement. Rodan then cupped his hands together over his mouth.

"Beat it you stupid birds! We're not dying!" shouted Rodan. The vultures continued to circle around them, watching them from high above.

"If I had a rock, I would throw it at them." said Junior.

"Here's one!" said Angirasu as he picked up a rock that was the size of his hand. Junior takes it in his hand with a smile. As he prepared to throw it, he felt the piercing glare of Mosura. He slowly turns to find her looking at him in disapproval with her arms crossed. Junior chuckles nervously as he dropped the rock.

"I'm kidding." said Junior. Mosura takes the map out of her pocket that she had rolled up and walks up to Junior. She raises her hand over his head and lightly brings the rolled up map down on his head.

"Bad boy." said Mosura. She then turns away, looking back to their destination. Junior sighs in response, embarrassed for being scolded as a child. Rodan and Angirasu lightly chuckled in response.

"Oh, shut up!" said Junior with a glare. The group continued on their way through the area, with the vultures still overhead. As they continued on, they came across a grand cliff. They stopped, awed by the sight before them. It was a valley that had a couple great mountains inside along with a vast plain of land. They observed and found the area to be empty with no one in sight.

"No changelings. So far so good." said Rodan with a smile.

"Alright boys, let's get down to the valley. There should be a path if we keep going east that will lead to Saddle Arabia." said Mosura. The four Transmutants all leaped off of the cliff, landing onto the slant mountain that made up the walls. They crouched as they slid down the slant, rocky wall, their feet causing stones and dust to depart from the wall. They began running, sliding and hopping as they attempted to keep their balance and speed steady to reach the ground. Rodan leaps into the air and lands on a boulder, causing it to roll.

"Oh crap!" exclaimed Rodan. He was forced to run along the boulder as it rolled down the hill. Mosura gasped as she saw Rodan's predicament.

"Jump!" cried Mosura. Rodan began to panic as he tried to stay on the boulder.

"Okay, crushed under rocks or fall to my death. Decisions, decisions!" Rodan pondered sarcastically as he rolled on the boulder. Junior groaned in frustration.

"Rodan would you just fly already?!" shouted Junior. He began to slide and broke off into a sprint along the wall, attempting to reach Rodan. Junior tripped along the valley wall, forcing him to stumble and to lose his balance. He began to roll down the wall, forcing Mosura into a panic. She looks to Angirasu who was sliding on his back with his back pack allowing him to slide.

"Go help Rodan!" shouted Mosura. Angirasu nodded in response and thrust his body forward, forcing himself back onto his feet. He ran down the stoned wall, leaping off of stones and getting closer to Rodan. The group was getting closer to the ground, forcing Angirasu to make a decision. He leaps a final time, making his way toward Rodan.

"Heads up!" called Angirasu. Rodan turns his head, his face contorting to a panicked look.

"Wait, wait, wait!!" Rodan was tackled by Angirasu, both rolling down the hill.

"Son of a biiiiiiiiitch!!" cursed Rodan as he and Angirasu tumbled down to the bottom.

"Goji!" cried Mosura as she leaped toward Junior. He was still rolling as he held his arms over his head and his hands protecting his neck in a fetal position. Mosura catches Junior, holding him tightly as they tumbled down to the base of the valley wall. Junior pulls Mosura into his embrace as they neared the ground. The two crashed into the Earth with Junior's back touching down first. They rolled along the ground, coming to a stop after several feet. Junior lied on his back with Mosura laying her head against his chest, both breathing heavily. Mosura painfully raises her head to face Junior, finding him bruised and cut.

"What a rush." Junior managed to say. Mosura leaned her head back on Junior's chest with an amused smile. She was thankful that he wasn't seriously injured.

"Indeed." replied Mosura. Junior sighed as he lied his head back down.

"Guys? Can we rest? I don't think I can keep going right now after that." said Rodan in the distance as he lied on his back. Angirasu lied on his belly with his face buried in the dirt. Mosura lightly giggled.

"Yes. We can take a break right now." said Mosura. Junior yawned as he removed his back pack, placing it on the ground next to himself. Mosura did the same and leaned her head against Junior's shoulder.

"Really?" asked Junior with an amused smile.

"Yep. You're going to be my pillow, mister." said Mosura as she snuggled against his shoulder. Junior shook his head.

"Whatever." Junior lied down, watching the blue sky above as the clouds passed by. The air actually felt cooler on the place they were sleeping at. After a couple of minutes, Junior felt his eyes growing heavy. He struggled to keep them open, forcing him to fall asleep. Mosura turns to find him calmly breathing. She smiled as she stared at him.

'He's so cute when he falls asleep like that. He's like a big cat.' Mosura thought to herself. She then turns back to the sky, watching the sky as well. She yawned as she felt the sleep threatening to take over her as well. She felt her eyes grow heavy, her eyelids dropping down as she tried to keep them open. She then finally gave in, allowing the sleep to take her.


2 hours later...

"Wake up!" shouted Rodan. Junior's eyes shot open and he rose up with Mosura next to him. They both turned and found Rodan staring at them with a raised brow.

"Wait...were you napping on him?" asked Rodan. Mosura cleared her throat as she gave Rodan a neutral stare.

"Yes." replied Mosura. Rodan looked to Junior, who shrugged at him in response.

"Hey, she earned it for helping me safely tuck and roll down the mountain." said Junior. Rodan nodded to him slowly.

"OK. Anyway, look!" Rodan exclaimed as he gestured to the area around them. Junior's eyes widened as he realized that the entire area was shrouded in fog. The air was cold and obscured light and anything within range of sight. They stood up to their feet as they picked up their backpacks. Angirasu searched the area as he sniffed the air. He grunted in frustration.

"Nothing. How are we gonna make it through this?" asked Angirasu. Mosura took out the map and began to look it over.

"Well, since we had just came from the west, we should keep going east until we catch a path that's marked here." said Mosura. She then turns 170 degrees, facing away from the mountain wall, looking up ahead. "This way!"

The Transmutants stuck close together as they continued on with their journey. Junior eyed the fog anxiously, hoping that it wouldn't last very long. He feared that they would get lost. As they walked, Junior began to sniff the air, clutching his nose.

"Man, that's cold!" exclaimed Junior as rubbed his nose. The fog chilled his sinuses.

"Hey, do you guys wanna hear my ideas for a horror story?" asked Rodan. Angirasu looked to him with a deadpan stare.

"Is now the best time?" asked Angirasu. Mosura looked to Rodan with a smile.

"Well, now seems alright. Let's hear it!"

"OK. Well, the concept of the story is about a tall and lanky man in the woods. He wears a suit and doesn't have a face! He also has tentacles coming out of his back and-"

"Tentacles? I hope you're not going where I think you're going." said Junior with an unsure expression. Rodan punches him in the shoulder with a glare.

"Get your mind out of the gutter. Anyway, he stalks, abducts and traumatizes people!" said Rodan.

"Meh. It would never work." said Angirasu. Rodan gave him a glare.

"How about this? A guy with a pale and disfigured face; he's missing his eyelids and he cut a smile on his face and-"

"Crap." interrupted Junior. Rodan sighed in response.

"A family restaurant that's haunted and the animatronic animals are possessed by the souls of children?" asked Rodan in an unsure voice.

"That sounds interesting." said Mosura. She then wore a worried expression. "But, do they have to be children?"

"Forget it!" said Rodan in exasperation, upset that his ideas were not acceptable. As they continued walking, they began to hear a voice.

"Gojira..." called a feminine voice. Junior stopped dead in his tracks, his muscles stiff. His heart raced with anxiety and his eyes wide. Mosura, Rodan and Angirasu stopped as well, recognizing the voice.

"Was that...who I think it was?" asked an appalled Angirasu. Junior's breathing was shallow as his palms began to sweat.

"No. No, it can't be." said Junior.

"Gojira." the voice called again. Junior slowly turns, finding someone that made his heart nearly stop.

"Twilight?" asked Junior in a shocked tone. Before him was Twilight Sparkle. She was standing several feet away from him, alone. She wore a kind smile, something that he wasn't expecting to see.

"That's right. I came looking for you!" said Twilight as she slowly approached Junior. He felt his heart tugged at.

"But...why?"

"I missed you!" said Twilight as she got closer. Mosura, Rodan and Angirasu all stared in shock to see Twilight.

"Angirasu!" cried another feminine voice. This one was soft and timid. Angirasu turned and found Fluttershy running toward him. She jumps, wrapping her arms around him. Angirasu nearly lost his balance, unable to get over his shock.

"Fluttershy?" Angirasu saw the Valkyrie look up to him with kind eyes. She gave a bright smile as she stared into his eyes. Mosura was having a hard time believing what she was seeing.

"Rodan!" called a tomboyish voice. Rodan's muscles went stiff. He turned and found Rainbow Dash descending from the air towards him. He stared with worried eyes. Rainbow gave him a grin.

"Missed me?" asked Rainbow. Rodan was at a loss for words. He couldn't describe how much he missed Rainbow, despite being gone for only a few days.

"I-I...Yeah! What are you doing here?!" asked Rodan incredulously as he approached Rainbow. She greeted him with a quick hug and a pat the back.

"I couldn't leave my homie hanging!" replied Rainbow. Rodan gave her a light smile.

"It's awesome to see you." said Rodan as wrapped Rainbow into a tight hug. She laughed nervously as she tried to break out of the hug.

"Hey now...let's not get all mushy here." said Rainbow. Rodan hugged her tighter as tears threatened to burst. Rainbow smiled as she returned Rodan's hug. Mosura stared in shock at how these girls had found them. But, as she watched how the male Transmutants were happy with the girls from Ponyville, she dared not interfere. She smiled as she watched Junior wrap Twilight into a hug.

"Mosura." called a male voice. Mosura gasped as she recognized the voice. Her muscles went stiff and her heart racing.

"Mosura, I'm here." said the voice. Mosura turned and found a young man with jet-black hair and red eyes standing before her. Her hands cupped over her mouth as she saw the warm smile that greeted her.

"Oh my gosh! Battra?" asked Mosura. Battra nodded to her as he held out his arms.

"I'm here, sister." said Battra. Mosura's eyes ran with tears as she saw the welcoming arms of her twin brother. She ran up to him and was taken into his embrace. She sobbed into his shoulder as she held him. She couldn't comprehend why her brother was here, but she didn't care. She was happy to have her brother back.

Junior held Twilight into his arms, pulling slightly away from her. She gave him a wink as she stared into his eyes. Junior was filled with so many emotions that he couldn't contain himself.

"I can't believe that you're here." said Junior. Twilight grinned in response.

"I can't believe that I managed to find you." said Twilight. Junior smiled as he ruffled her hair.

"It's good to see you, shorty." said Junior as he touched foreheads with Twilight. She lightly laughed.

"I find it hot when you call me shorty." said Twilight. Junior's eyes widened as his mind registered what she had just said. He slightly pulled his head back away from Twilight with a puzzled expression.

"I-I beg your pardon?" asked Junior. Twilight gave him a confused expression.

"I...I said that I find it hot when you call me shorty." said Twilight hesitantly. Junior began to process those words as something seemed off about the way she spoke. She was never that blunt when it came to her attraction towards him. The way she said it almost sounded seductive.

"I... You..." Junior failed to formulate a sentence. Twilight took Junior's face into her hands as she stared at him with seductive eyes. Junior pulled away from Twilight.

"No. No, you're not Twilight." said Junior as he glared the Elf. Twilight backed away slightly with a confused expression.

"What do you mean? Of course I am!" said Twilight with a laugh. Junior immediately turned and noticed Rainbow, Fluttershy and Battra with his friends. His eyes widened in realization as he saw the affection that they were sharing. Junior turns back to Twilight with a harsh glare.

"You're changelings!" shouted Junior. He immediately rushed toward Angirasu and shoved Fluttershy off of him, causing her to stumble back.

"What are you-" Angirasu was about to protest as he noticed Mosura hugging Battra.

"What in the hell?!" exclaimed Angirasu. He was shocked to see Battra given that he tried to kill them all in their last meeting.

"They're changelings! Rodan, Mosu, get away from them!" shouted Junior. Mosura turned to find Gojira staring at her with urgency. She turned back to Battra as he chuckled darkly. He pushed Mosura off of him, knocking her to the ground. She gasped as she saw Battra engulfed in green flames, rising above him and changing his physical appearance. Battra appeared as a humanoid insect that stood to be six feet tall with a sea greenish black carapace. Its eyes were an arctic blue and insect-like. It had sharp teeth and fangs with a horn sticking out of its head. The creature had four claws and four arms. The two lower arms were actually smaller and shorter than the upper arms. The creature stood on two legs with two claws. The forearms and legs were covered in holes. The creature bore transparent insect wings on its back. Light armor covered the creature's chest and lower body. Its belly was exposed under the armor. The changeling chuckled as it stared at Mosura with a smile.

"Your love for your brother is delicious." said the changeling in a raspy, male voice. Mosura felt her heart filled with pain as she realized that the changeling. The girls that stood by were suddenly engulfed in flames as well. Rodan gasped as he saw Rainbow change into a more slender changeling with a feminine body and greenish-blue hair that ran down to the insect's shoulders. She wore lighter armor and bore holes where her belly should be.

Twilight and Fluttershy changed as well, appearing as the same Changeling. Junior looked down in despair. He knew that Twilight and the others coming to find them and accepting them was just too good to be true. He felt himself growing angry.

"Why? Why did you trick us? Those were people that were dear to us." Junior looked to the female changeling that was posing as Twilight with a glare. "Have you no shame in toying with the emotions of others?!"

"Shame? We did it because we need food. Love is what keeps us alive." retorted the changeling in a scratchy feminine voice. She then pulls out a sword. "Now that you found out, you're going to have to die." Junior flared his nostrils.

"You bitch. I'm gonna kill you all for this!" shouted Junior as he lunged toward the changeling, who rolled out of the way. Mosura turned and began to fight the changeling that posed as her brother. The Transmutants fought the changelings as they dodged the incoming blades and punches. Rodan kicked a female changeling in her gut, sending the changeling several feet away. Angirasu's shoulder was slashed as one of the other females wrapped her legs around his waist and held onto him. Angirasu growled as he grabbed her hand and threw her towards the ground. As he was about to stomp on her chest, Mosura collided with him. The two fell to the ground as the male changeling chuckled darkly while his horn gave off a green glow. The downed female Changeling rose to her feet as she glared at the Transmutants. Mosura panted as she held her side as it gave off smoke. Her sweater had a hole burned into it, exposing a burned wound. Junior turned and gasped as he saw the two changelings charging a magical attack in their horns.

"Don't turn your back on me!" shouted the female changeling that posed as Twilight. She lunged at Junior with her blade in a stabbing position. As she descended upon Junior, he immediately turns and catches the blade with his bare hand. The Changeling's eyes widened as the world slowed down around her. She watched as Junior sent a menacing glare toward her and held her blade tightly in his grip. She saw how he was unfazed by the razor sharp edges digging into his palm as blood stained the steel. Junior yanks on the blade and sent a powerful punch into the Changelings gut, barely missing the small holes. She cried out as she was sent into the air by the force. As she landed back onto the ground, she struggled to breathe. Her eyes were wide as they ran with tears while she tried to draw breath. Junior turned away from the Changeling and hurled the sword towards the male Changeling. The weapon spun as it whizzed through the air. The blade then connected with the Changeling's gut. His eyes widened as his breathing grew shallow. The magical aura died down from his horn as he stumbled backwards. Junior charges toward the Changeling, slamming his hand against the handle, shoving the blade deeper. The Changeling drops to the ground. Junior turned to face the female Changeling, who proceeded to back away from him. Junior growled like a beast as he stared the Changeling down. She then ran over to the female Changeling that struggled to breathe, helping her to her feet. Rodan was about to send a powerful kick to the third Changeling that he was occupied with but she took off into the air. He cursed under his breath as the Changeling flew over him. She then flew toward the other two female changelings and assisted them in escaping from the Transmutants. They took off far away from the area, leaving the four Transmutants alone.

Junior flared his nostrils as he stood and watched the Changelings escape. He grunted, not interested in pursuing them. He turns to find Mosura sitting on her rear with Angirasu looking her burns over. Mosura hissed as Angirasu placed a wet cloth over her burn mark. Junior flinched as he saw the pain that she was in. Mosura noticed his worry and gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's alright. I'll be fine." said Mosura. Junior gave a hesitant nod. He turns to the dying Changeling with a glare. He made his way over to him, grabbing the handle of the sword. He then yanks it out, causing the Changeling to groan in agony. Junior watched as the Changeling's life slipped away and his eyes began to close.

"One less enemy to worry about." Junior muttered to himself. He then turns the Changeling over, taking the sheath from his back side. Junior held it to himself, observing it. He then looks at the sword in his grip. The blade was shaped like a kitchen knife, but with a longer blade. The handle was curved with a small chain holding it in the back. The blade was black like the darkness of the night sky. Junior lightly swung the blade, causing the yellowish liquid that stained the blade to splatter on the ground. He then carefully placed the sword in its sheath, and proceeded to attach the sheathed sword onto his traveling back pack. Junior turns to the rest of his friends, who sat on the ground.

"Hey, how did you know that they were Changelings?" asked Angirasu.

"Twilight hates it when I call her 'shorty'. I thought something was off when she said that she found it hot when I call her that." answered Junior as he stretched his arm. "I was even able to confirm my theory when I noticed that Battra was here."

"Yeah...that makes sense." responded Angirasu. Mosura then lets out a dejected sigh. Junior frowned as he saw Mosura's mood. He decided to drop the subject.

"Let's move out." said Junior. The others nodded in agreement, all standing to their feet and going for their travel bags. The fog suddenly began to dissipate in the area, revealing their location. Mosura pointed toward the map that she held.

"We're still on course. We just need to keep going so that we may end up on the path." said Mosura. Junior nodded in response, turning to lead the way. Mosura watched Junior worriedly as he moved. She was able to sense such anger and sadness radiating within him every passing day. So, the Transmutants then made their way down into the Badlands, unaware of being watched.


Meanwhile...

The area was desolate and was filled with ominous mountains. No living creature prowled these lands. On a dark mountain sat a castle. The castle was tall and dark. Its stones appeared worn out from the centuries and its Gothic design added to its ominous appearance. The castle was filled with rubble and fallen stones. Although it appeared to be falling apart on the inside, it was structurally sound. Green slime appeared on the walls of the castle as it was filled with small green orbs. These orbs bore tiny worm-like forms that were in a fetal position.

A tall and lanky figure made its way over toward the eggs. The figure stood to be 7 foot 2 with a sea greenish black carapace. The figure appeared feminine and had the sharp claws. She was a tall Changeling with a tall and crooked horn upon her head. A small crown with bluish orbs sat on her head and long hair. She had large eyes like most Changelings, but they bore green irises and cat-like pupils. Holes decorated her forearms and her legs and large insect wings were folded against her back. The Changeling's mouth was filled with sharp teeth and fangs. She wore a ragged, short dress. The Changeling watched the larvae as they squirmed in their eggs. She lightly smiled to herself but turned her attention when she heard the large doors in the room open. A shorter, armored Changeling walked into the room, taking a bow.

"Queen Chrysalis, the generals are awaiting you for the meeting." said the Changeling. The female named Chrysalis gave her subject a smile.

"Excellent, my child. I shall be joining them momentarily." replied Chrysalis. The Changeling bowed before he made his way outside of the room, closing the doors behind him. Chrysalis turned back to the eggs.

"Soon my children, we shall have food that will sustain us for years to come." said Chrysalis. She then turns to a green orb that sat on a pedestal as it showed an image of one of her subjects being slain by a charcoal-gray haired male Earthbound.

"Oh, my dear boy, you were merely an appetizer. I am planning for the main course. Soon, Equestria's love will belong to us!" declared Chrysalis, breaking into a maniacal laugh.


Canterlot, Equestria...

The sun rose to a high afternoon. The birds flocked over the city, perching themselves on the roof of the castle. Canterlot's citizens were bustling about for their busy day. The sounds of people can be heard for miles within the city walls. Horses pulled chariots around the city, taking citizens to their desired destinations. Within the castle, Celestia sat upon her throne. She wore a solemn expression as she sat alone. Her mind was stuck on Junior's disappearance. She had received news from her student, Twilight, that she couldn't find Junior anywhere.

"Oh, Junior." Celestia said to herself. She suddenly heard the footsteps of someone approaching. She shot up, finding one of her guards approaching. Celestia took a deep breath as she prepared to speak with the guard. The guard bowed to Celestia, removing her helmet and revealing blonde hair.

"Thank you for coming, Sergeant Blaire." greeted Celestia, warmly. Blaire rose up to her feet as she faced the sun princess. Her expression turned serious.

"Your highness, please tell me that it’s not true. Tell me that he's safe in Ponyville and that the rumors are a lie!" cried Blaire. Celestia frowned as she saw the distress of her subject.

"I'm afraid that the rumors are true. He's a Transmutant." replied Celestia. Blaire stared at her with wide eyes. She tried to keep herself composed but this information was too much for her to take. She dropped to her knees and broke down. She gritted her teeth as she stared at the floor.

"Sergeant..." Celestia stood up from her throne and made her way to meet the Valkyrie.

"Princess...I have to know." interrupted Blaire. Celestia stopped in tracks, halfway down the steps that lead up to her throne. Blaire looks to her with blood shot eyes.

"What will you do? Are you going to let MONARCH do whatever they want to him?" demanded Blaire. Celestia's eyes widened in shock at Blaire's accusation.

"I-"

"He's your son! Your Highness, you can't possibly leave him to die!" cried Blaire. Celestia felt her heart race with anxiety as she heard the about the possibility of her son dying.

"Don't say such things!" shouted Celestia. Blaire silenced herself, startled by Celestia's distressed tone. The princess tried to recompose herself. She took calming breaths before redirecting her attention back to the guard.

"He is my son. I love him too much to just leave him alone. I will do anything to make sure that he returns home safely. I just don't know where to find him." said Celestia as she descended down the stairs. Blaire looked away in shame.

My apologies, Princess Celestia. Please forgive my outburst and assumption." said Blaire as she bowed. She suddenly felt Celestia place a hand on her shoulder and another hand under her chin. Her head gently rose up to meet Celestia's kind gaze.

"You are forgiven. I'm just relieved to know that he has others that still care about him." said Celestia with a smile. Blaire smiled back. The princess released the guard and led Blaire through the throne room.

"Your majesty, how are we going to find him?" asked Blaire.

"Princess Luna has offered to enter his dreams by nightfall. She may be able to speak with him and convince him to return home. I just hope that he is willing to listen." said Celestia with a worried expression. She knew how stubborn Junior could be. After all that's happened, it may be harder for him to place his trust in her sister and herself.

"I never took Princess Luna to be willing to help a Transmutant. Even if it is Goji." said Blaire. Celestia nodded in response.

"My sister has been living among us for a short period of time. She is still adjusting to the modern age. She has mixed feelings about Transmutants, but she has grown to be a bit fond of Junior." Celestia said with a smile. Blaire shared her smile.

"He is a likable kid when you look past his rough exterior." said Blaire. "But what about Prince Blueblood and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza? I'm sure that they must have some thought about this since they actually grew up with Goji."

"I have yet to tell Cadence. My nephew however, found out through the wanted posters that MONARCH has just set up here in Canterlot. He has already expressed his displeasure of once living under the same roof with him." Celestia wore a solemn expression. Blaire shared her mood. The two made their way over to a balcony, looking on over to the city of Canterlot. People walked along the road, horses pulled chariots and the road was bustling. Blaire then noticed a few people crowding over a small area, looking at a poster. Her eyes widened as she saw Junior's face along with three other humans depicted.

"I must do everything within my power to bring Junior home. I will never forgive myself if I don't try." said Celestia as she stared off into the land of her nation. Blaire looks to her hesitantly.

"What would MONARCH say about that?" asked Blaire. Celestia furrowed her brows.

"MONARCH kept the identities of the first Transmutants a secret. After discovering the truth that they were trying to kill Lucky Dragon when he was just a child, I don't care what they have to say. They are not taking my son away from me." said Celestia. Blaire smiled at Celestia's words. A mother's child's well-being is more important than her own. Blaire was familiar with that, being a mother herself. The two stared off into the land in silence, hoping that Junior was safe.


Somewhere outside of the Badlands...

The sun was setting into the horizon. The stars began to become visible in the sky as the moon began to rise. Its light was cast upon the land as the air grew colder and the nocturnal creatures began to stir. The area was a passage in between a tall mountain range that ran across the land for miles. The snow piled the tips of these mountains, while the bottom was as dry as a bone. Junior, Mosura, Rodan and Angirasu had traveled for hours throughout the Badland. As they continued walking, Junior's mind was focused on the safety of his friends. Their journey had rough bumps, but things seem to have settled down for the moment. Junior eyed the area, tensed.

"Dude, chill out. We haven't run into trouble for hours!" said Rodan in amusement. Junior kept eyeing the area.

"That's what worries me." replied Junior. Mosura takes out her map and began to read it over as the Transmutants continued on with their journey.

"We should be in Saddle Arabian territory in just a couple more miles." said Mosura. Angirasu looked to Mosura as a thought crossed his mind.

"I've been wondering, what are we gonna do now that we left the easiest access to energy back in the Everfree? We'll die if we're starved of it for too long." said Angirasu in a worried tone. Junior's eyes widened.

"Damn, I never thought of that." said Junior.

"It's alright. Saddle Arabia is one of the few places on this continent that actually has a nuclear power plant. They've been using it for a new energy source." reassured Mosura. The three male Transmutants settled down after hearing this. As the group continued on, they arrived at a clearing away from the mountains. The stars were visible in the night sky; the Transmutants noticed that they were standing on a plateau that connected to the mountains that they passed. As they looked on ahead, they found civilization just over a dozen miles away. Just below the plateau, it appeared to be a village with stone buildings that were scattered across the land. Further along was a large structure that was surrounded by walls. Towers stood high with round orbs and spires on the top. The Transmutants were awed by the sight. Rodan whistled as he stared at the kingdom.

"Damn." said Rodan. Mosura turned as she noticed a spot near the base of the mountain, away from the path that they were on.

"We can camp up here for the night." said Mosura as she pointed toward the spot. They made their way over to the area, placing their bags down. They yearned to drop onto the ground and sleep the night away. However, they had to set up camp first before they could get comfortable.

The Transmutants spent the next fifteen minutes unpacking some of their necessary items, ranging from sleeping bags to food. Mosura helped Junior set up a camp fire as Angirasu and Rodan organized their items. Junior clashed small stones together, causing sparks to fly off. After several tries, he finally managed to ignite the wood. He smiled in satisfaction as the flames grew. Mosura sighed happily as she placed her hands over the fire, feeling the warmth on her palms. The air had grown to be chilly as the nightfall came; she was relieved that they would have warmth. Rodan reached into his traveling backpack and pulls out a plastic bag filled with marshmallows and graham crackers.

"Aang, you got the chocolate?" asked Rodan. Angirasu pulled out a small bag and opened it. As he reached in, he pulled out a couple of water bottles until he found the desired items.

"Right here." answered Angirasu as he pulled out perfectly preserved chocolate bars. Rodan grinned in excitement.

After the Transmutants had finished setting up their sleeping bags and lanterns, they sat in a circle around the fire. They all held sticks with marshmallows impaled on their tips. They sat in silence as they waited for their marshmallows to puff up. They removed the marshmallows from the fire and proceeded to sandwich them in between graham crackers with chocolate bits. They sat as they ate their smores, tasting the milky chocolate and sticky marshmallows.

"This is awesome." said Rodan with a muffle as he chewed. Mosura looked to him in disapproval. She then swallowed the bite that she had taken before speaking.

"Don't talk with your mouth full. It's rude." said Mosura. Rodan rolled his eyes in response. Junior remained in silence as he ate. After he had finished his smore, he sighed. He lied on his back, looking up to the stars. Mosura noticed his dejected expression as he stared at the stars.

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Mosura. Junior shrugged.

"What's there to talk about? We have no home, no identity, no rights; we have nothing." replied Junior. Mosura frowned in response.

"Hey, Goji?" called Rodan.

"What's up?" answered Junior.

"You ever wonder why this happened to us? I mean the mutation, not us being forced away from Ponyville." Junior sighed as he thought about Rodan's question. He continued to watch the stars as they danced in the sky.

"I've been wondering about that for years. Before I was changed, they said that they wanted to use the dragon's DNA and my genes to improve non-magical Earthbounds. They said that we could become Gods." said Junior. Mosura and the others listened as Junior talked about his thoughts on the matter.

"Some gods we turned out to be. They didn't turn us into gods, they turned us into freaks." said Junior bitterly.

"What do you think makes someone a God?" asked Angirasu. Junior shrugged.

"Infinite knowledge? Power beyond our comprehension? Immortality? The hell if I know. Whatever it is, it sure isn't what I am." answered Junior. He then sat up, staring into the flames.

"Don't Avatars count as Gods?" asked Rodan. Junior shook his head.

"No. That's a common misconception for people. Avatars are just humans with powerful magic. Some people honor them and see them as Gods because of their longevity and power, especially Equestrians. They may live for...who knows for how long, but they aren't immortal if you can kill them." explained Junior. Mosura analyzed the information that she had received.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" asked Mosura.

"I was close to killing Luna when she was Nightmare Moon." answered Junior. He then stares at the moon in the sky. He then frowned. "I will never forget that look of despair on her face."

"Gojira?" called Mosura. Junior shook his head.

"Forget it. It's all in the past now." Junior then stood to his feet and made his way over to his sleeping bag. He removed his sweater and slipped under the covers, lying his head down on his pillow. He thought back to Luna when he first met her after she was cleansed by the Elements of Harmony. She was ashamed to be around her subjects after what she had become, but Celestia still accepted her. That was the most touching thing that he had ever witnessed in his life. That was almost enough for him to want to go back to Canterlot and see Celestia and Blaire. However, the thought of them rejecting him because of his nature as a Transmutant was too much for him. With that last thought, Junior waited for the sleep to take him away from this harsh reality.


"Gojira..." a deep and monstrous voice echoed in the air. Junior ran like the wind as he tried to escape. He was surrounded by ruins of tall buildings with destruction being everywhere that he looked. The desolate city burned as the sky was painted in a hellish light. Thunder crashed and lighting flashed in the air above. The sound of mighty footsteps echoed in the city and the sound of buildings crashing into the ground was heard for miles.

"Why are you running away from me? You know you can't escape." the voice boomed as a giant figure slammed itself against buildings. Junior continued to run as he heard the footsteps growing closer. He knew that he had to escape this monster.

Junior stopped as he found debris falling from the sky. He braces himself as it began to rain down upon him. He was suddenly buried by the debris, trapping him under. From the shadows and clouds of smoke, the dragon from his dreams appeared. He stood tall as his spiked brows furrowed, looking down at the rubble that buried Junior. His glowing red eyes pierced the darkness as he stared. His lips curled in such a human-like manner that one could tell that he was smiling. As the dragon raised his foot over the rubble and prepared to bring it down, he sensed something. He places his foot down, turning his head away from Junior as he tried to free himself from the rubble.

"A foreigner. She does not belong here." said the dragon with a scowl. He then turns, taking giant steps away from the street that Junior was on. Junior took the opportunity to free himself, limping away from the area. He watched as the dragon continued to stomp away. He decided to run away while questioning what caused the dragon to leave. However, before he could round the corner, he found Celestia standing before him. Junior gasped as he backed away from the sun princess. She wore a hateful glare as she flared her wings.

"Celestia, wait!" Junior held his hand out to her. The princess flapped her wings, propelling herself toward Junior. She collides with him, causing them both to roll along the street. Celestia sat on his belly as she began to send punches toward Junior. He cried out to her as she beat him mercilessly. He growled as he caught her fist, she then sent her other fist which he also caught. Junior thrusts his arms forward, forcing Celestia off of him. He stood to his feet, flaring his nostrils as Celestia's hands gave off of golden aura.

"I don't want to fight you." said Junior. Celestia glared as her hands glowed brighter.

"You have no choice." retorted Celestia. Junior clenched his eyes shut in despair. He then opens them back up, staring at her with a glare.

"Fine. Reject me like all the others did. I don't need you. I've been fine even when you couldn't be there for me!" answered Junior. The two charged toward each other and caused a loud collision after clashing with each other.


Meanwhile...

In the dark sky over the ruined city, a figure soared in the air. The figure flapped her wings as she descended down onto a building. The figure landed, her wings folding back behind her back. The figure was the princess of the night, Luna. Her hair flowed majestically as it sparkled. She looked on in shock at the realm that she was in. She was sure that she had found the dream of Gojira Takeshi the 2nd, but she was not expecting this. She has visited many dreams in her days, but never has she witnessed something as terrible as this.

The land was desolate, filled with nothing but destruction. Fires raged and buildings fell apart. Lightning flashed overhead and thunder continued to boom. This was a world of nothing but destruction, with no hope of rebuilding. Luna was preparing to take off into the air until she heard enormous footsteps. She stopped, turning to find something that made her blood run cold. She backed away as a great shadow was cast over her.

"What?" Luna gasped. A mighty dragon with red eyes approached the building, smoke covering part of its body. The dragon growled as it glared at Luna. She glared back at the creature, taking off into the air. Her hands were engulfed in bright white lights. She raised her hands over her head and her eyes became glowing white orbs.

"Thou art the nightmare that haunts sir Gojira on this night? Be gone!" commanded Luna, her voice echoed as she spoke. The light shined over the area, forcing the dragon to clench its eyes in pain. It bellowed in pain as it jerked its head away. Luna kept the light on the creature, attempting to purge the creature from Junior's dream. As the light died down, she gasped in shock as she realized that the dragon was still there.

"How is this possible?! My magic's light purges all nightmares!" cried Luna. The dragon blinked its eyes several times and turned back to Luna as she hovered over the building. It sent a menacing glare.

"I'm more than just a nightmare, my dear." the dragon said in powerful voice. He then gave a ghostly roar at Luna, causing her to cup her ears from the ear piercing sound. The dragon then rammed into the building, causing it to fall apart and immediately collapse under its own weight. The dragon slightly crouched, bending its large knees. It then hopped, opening its jaws. Luna gasped as the enormous jaws were heading towards her. She suddenly found herself inside of the creature's mouth. She immediately used her magic to teleport herself out of the creature's mouth before he could snap his jaws. She vanished as the dragon's jaws clamped shut, which caused him to roar in anger as he realized that she had escaped. It turns its head, searching the city for the moon princess.

"Come on out, human. You don't belong in this world."said the dragon. He suddenly felt a tingling sensation on his neck. He turns, finding Luna firing bolts at him. She continued to send the bolts, grunting as they had no effect. The dragon then uses his large arm to swipe at Luna. She flapped her wings as she avoided the dragon's claws. The dragon lurched forward, snapping his jaws at Luna. She continued to fly, attempting to avoid this creature. She turns, her hands engulfed in a bright aura. She fired a beam from her hands that crashed into the dragon's snout, causing him to growl in irritation. He then roared as he chased Luna across the city, knocking buildings over along the way.


Junior was covered in burns and bruises as he stared at Celestia. She wore bruises and her dress was ragged from their battle. The two circled each other as they waited for the other to strike. They charged toward each other. Celestia swung her aura engulfed fists toward Junior, which he dodged. Junior sent a quick kick to her sides, which she blocked and sent her hand forward, firing a magic bolt into his chest. Junior was forced onto his back as the beam pierced his flesh. He crashed into the ground, his breathing shallow. He stared up into the dark sky, Celestia came into view.

"Raising you was the biggest mistake that I have ever made." said Celestia in a cold tone. Junior breathed as he stared into Celestia's eyes. His heart ached as the hateful look that she gave was directed towards him. She stomped on his chest, causing him to cry out in pain. She then grabbed his hair and yanked on it, forcing his head up. She moved her head closer to Junior as she held her glare.

"You always embarrassed me whenever you got into fights. I couldn't take my eye off of you for a second without hearing about you starting trouble." said Celestia.

"I...I never started any fights. You know that!" said Junior. Celestia then wrapped her hands around Junior's throat, strangling him. He gasped for air as his throat was squeezed by Celestia's strength.

"P-pl-please...mom...stop." begged Junior as he felt his lungs starved of oxygen.

"You are not my son." said Celestia in a cold tone. Suddenly, a bright light shone over the pair. Celestia released Junior, screaming in agony. Junior watched as Celestia screamed, her body disintegrating into mist. Her screams died down into an echo, leaving Junior alone. He coughed furiously as oxygen raced back into his lungs. He lied down on the ground as the light shone over the desolate city. His breathing was beginning to settle down as the light died down. Junior sat up with a blank stare. He placed his face into his hands as the distant roar of the dragon echoed. He paid him no mind. Junior felt despair overcome him as he thought back to Celestia's words.


Luna panted as she stood on a tall building. The dragon was far away from her, allowing her to have a brief resting period. She had a mission to accomplish.

"Gojira, where could thou be?" Luna said to herself. She suddenly heard a loud rumbling noise. She looked up to the sky and noticed the realm around her was beginning to morph. She gritted her teeth in anger.

"He awakens. I am too late!" Luna said in frustration. She turns and finds the dragon ramming himself into the building, causing Luna to lose her balance. She yelped as the building tipped over, causing her to fall off the roof. She immediately spreads her wings, the wind catching her feathers and causing her to slow down her descent. She immediately shoots up into the air, avoiding the dragon as it roared at her. She flies further up to the sky with a look of regret.

'I will return, Gojira.' thought Luna. She then shuts her eyes, vanishing into the air, leaving the dream world behind.

Luna's eyes shot open. She found herself lying down in a large bed. Luna sat up from her bed, looking towards her door. She sighed at the thought of telling her sister about her failure. Luna stood up from her bed and made her way over to her door. She knew that the moon needed to be lowered so that her sister can raise the sun in just an hour. This was a time as any to let her sister know. She prayed that she would be able to make contact with Junior before it was too late.

PreviousChapters Next