• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 8,982 Views, 696 Comments

The Arrogance of Man - Johng117



When man played God, he gave rise to beings of renowned strength. This is the tale of how one turned his curse into a blessing, with power from those long before him.

  • ...
89
 696
 8,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24

Mustangia, Equestria...

The day was clear in the sky above the land. The heat was steadily rising, leaving citizens to adorn their summer apparel, ranging from short sleeved shirts, shorts, sunglasses, etc. It was a peaceful day, but not everyone enjoyed it. Baragon sat outside of a cave that rested in one of the tall, rocky mountains outside of the town. He wore dark sun glasses as he sat with his arms crossed over his chest on a large stone. His ears picked up the sound of footsteps of someone approaching him from the cave.

"There you are! I've been looking for you!" said a cheerful feminine voice. Baragon turned to find a 6 feet tall woman with long jade hair. Baragon grumbled to himself upon hearing the woman, which caused her to raise her brow at him.

"What's wrong? You seem like you're in a bad mood."

"Oh? I didn't realize!" Baragon said sarcastically. The woman recoiled at his tone, but then cleared her throat.

"Well, I was looking for you so that I can tell you that it’s our turn today to go shopping in the town."

"Fine. I guess it's better than sitting on my butt all day." sighed Baragon. The woman smiled in response. The pair took off away from the mountain and into the vast plain of desert rock. The two walked in silence, which made the woman nervous. She fiddled with her thumbs, hoping to strike a conversation.

"So...what's been eating you lately?" asked the woman. Baragon sighed.

"Manda, you ever wonder why we're here?" asked Baragon. Manda hummed in thought.

"Well, that's one of life's greatest mysteries. Why are we here? I mean what purpose in life do we all have in this world? What does anything-" asked Manda. Baragon merely looked at her with a raised brow.

"What? No, I meant why are we out here, looking out for these humans." interrupted Baragon with a deadpanned stare. Manda blushed and tittered in embarrassment.

"Ooooh. Yeah...never mind." muttered Manda. Baragon shook his head.

"Anyway, why are we doing this?" asked Baragon.

"Well, to protect the humans of course." answered Manda.

"No, no, I know that. But, what I'm getting at is why should we be protecting these ingrates if they're just going to turn on us? A lot of people already hate us and don't want anything to do with us. There was a town that ran me out and sent MONARCH after me."

"I used to feel the same way, but Goro once protected villagers from an attack of mantises. Even though most of the people scorned him, at least one of them tried to stand up for him. After hearing that, I realized that people can accept us. We just need to show them that we're on their side." argued Manda.

"Yeah? How's that going so far?" asked Baragon.

"We're making progress." said Manda.

"Hmph. I bet." said Baragon with a scoff. The pair continued on to the town. Baragon places a hat over his head, hoping to conceal his identity.

"Why do you insist on wearing those sunglasses every day? Even when it’s partially cloudy?" asked Manda.

"Because my eyes are sensitive to the sunlight. I'm partially blind during the day but I can see a lot better in the dark." answered Baragon. Manda frowned in response.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Today's nice."

"Nah, it's alright. The day time is overrated anyway." chuckled Baragon. Manda began to survey the town. Everything seemed normal. People were going about their business. Children played, couples sat together, and friends chatted. However, she felt that something was off about the town. Her ears picked up idle conversations.

"Did you hear about Princess Celestia banning MONARCH from Equestrian soil?" asked a man among the locals.

"Yeah. I hate to say anything negative about her but I think she's lost it.” said another man.

"What are we going to do if those awful Transmutants comeback?!" asked a panicked woman.

"I'm more worried about those Diamond Dogs. There are more of them than there are Transmutants." said the first man.

Manda decided to move away from the crowd, not wanting to listen to the direction that the conversation was headed. She did find it curious as to why would the Princess of Equestria would suddenly ban MONARCH, an organization capable of taking on an army of ruthless Transmutants. Manda and Baragon continued through the town, heading into one of the stores. Baragon kept himself from making eye contact with any of the locals while Manda merely gave friendly smiles to whoever they came across. Despite her being less human, her politeness was something that she couldn't possibly stop. The two began to search the store for whatever necessities that they needed.

"Did you hear about that couple that was attacked by Diamond Dogs the other day?" asked a woman. Manda's ears perked up again.

"I did! I even heard how they were saved by some guy and a lady!" said another woman. Manda slightly turned her head, and then lightly tapped Baragon's shoulder. The shorter Transmutant turned and began to listen in on the conversation,

"Yeah but get this! They might have been those vigilantes that have been appearing here lately!" said the first woman.

"That's amazing! Ever since those Diamond Dogs showed up, I've been afraid to leave town to visit my family. Now we have people standing up to them!" the second woman said with glee. Manda smiled to herself as she heard the women conversed.

"You know, I've been hearing rumors that these two might actually be Transmutants." whispered the first women.

"No way!" laughed the other woman.

"No, think about it! Who in the world can stand up to a dozen Diamond Dogs and come out with barely a scratch? The couple said that they moved like no other Earthbounds that they have ever seen. They were incredibly strong and fast!"

"But why would Transmutants want to help us? What are they getting out of it?" asked the second woman. The first woman shrugged.

"They probably don't get anything out of this. For all we know, they're just doing it because they want to."

"But aren't they the bad guys?'

"After hearing about this, I'm beginning to have my doubts on at least these ones." said the first woman. Manda's smile grew as she heard those last few words. Goro was the one who suggested that they should start helping people, even when it might expose them for what they were. She was hesitant at first, but Goro helped her realize that hiding all of the time and doing nothing would not help things get better. This woman voiced an unpopular opinion to her friend, so odds are there were other people who shared her point of view.


The sun was high in the sky, signaling noon. The area was filled with noise and clamoring. The sound of a train whistle pierced the air and echoed inside of the mountain of Mocks Deep. People walked through the cave, stopping at vendors and shops to acquire the items that they need or want. Sunset and Erika walked through the cave in their civilian clothing. They were once searching for the wanted Transmutants from Ponyville just a couple of days ago. While they were there, they had no luck in finding Lucky Dragon, but a team of soldiers stationed in that town did find a lone Transmutant. Unfortunately, they reported that they were knocked unconscious by someone with incredible strength. This led to the conclusion that the Transmutant was not alone. Sunset and Erika had been assisting in the MONARCH base set up in Mustangia, suspecting that Lucky Dragon was in close proximity to the base. Their search has been unsuccessful, especially when there were Diamond Dogs attacking outside of the town.

MONARCH has been wrapped up in finding Transmutants and combating the Diamond Dogs, but their attempts of finishing the mission were unsuccessful. Now, there was something else that had set the young Elf into a sour mood.

"I can't believe this! MONARCH is pulling out of Equestria!" said Sunset, her face red with anger. Erika nodded in agreement.

"Neither can I. It's very peculiar that we're suddenly being ordered to pull out." said Erika. The two continued on through the cave and finally made it outside. The sun assaulted their eyes, causing them to squint them. Their eyes had met with the sight of boats near the docks. From there, they saw a great metal ship that was among several smaller civilian ships. A cylinder sat on the top of the ship with the MONARCH insignia painted across it. The ship had large cannons on its sides and small circular windows across it. Civilians eyed the warship uneasily. Sunset sighed dejectedly as she and Erika walked along a metal boardwalk that led up the side of the ship. They stepped on board as they entered through a great door. A man in uniform then walks up to the two.

"I.D." said the man. Erika and Sunset reached into their pockets and both pulled out a card that depicted their own faces. It depicted their rank and serial numbers along with their call signs. The man nodded in approval.

"Alright, you both check out." the man then leaves the two and heads away from the two. He continues on through the narrow halls of the ship that were lit up by lights. After several turns and ascensions through stairs, he made his way toward the bridge of the ship. The bridge was filled with a few other people. The captain stood among them and watched the sea.

"That's the last of them captain." said the man who had just entered the bridge.

"Good. Set a course for Zebrabwe." commanded the captain.

The ship's engine began to propel the ship away from the docks and further out into the Great Inland Sea. The warship sailed across the waters, the sun reflecting off of its metal plating. The ship turned right, making its way out of Equestrian territory.


Sunset sat alone on a small table. She was inside of the battleship's mess hall, where several dozen other soldiers waited in line to gain their meal or who were searching for a seat. The room was large and had metal walls along with tables that were scattered in rows. The ceiling was covered in lights that lit up the mess hall. Sunset sat as she ate her meal, which comprised of peas, mash potatoes and a slice of bread. She and all of the soldiers wore grey shirts and black jeans. The clothes were often worn by the soldiers when off duty. The other soldiers began to take seats at tables that were away from Sunset's and started conversing amongst themselves. However, Sunset noticed the glances of a couple of other soldiers that were directed towards her. She assumed that they were gossiping about her since they kept turning back and speaking amongst each other in quieter voices. Erika sighed as she continued to eat.

"Mind if I sit here?" asked a familiar voice. Sunset turns to find Erika standing with a tray of food as she had a smile plastered on her face.

"Go ahead." answered Sunset. Erika made her way towards a chair that was across from Sunset, taking a seat and preparing to eat. The two young women sat in silence as they ate. Sunset then noticed the food that Erika had on her tray. It was filled with green beans and baby carrot sticks. A small pile of rice sat on the tray along with slices of meat.

"So... you like meat?" Sunset asked awkwardly. Erika nodded to her.

"Yep."

"What kind of meat is it?" asked Sunset. As a vegetarian, she never paid mind to the different kinds of meat that people of other cultures had feasted on. She felt that now would be a good excuse to find out a little bit about it.

"It's beef. Want some?" offered Erika with a smile. Sunset waved her hand with a nervous smile.

"Uh... no, thank you. I don't think I'm comfortable yet with trying meat, having a heritage where vegetarians are the norm." declined Sunset. Erika shrugged in response.

"Suit yourself." said Erika. She then took a bite of one of the slices of beef, tasting the juicy and spiced flavor that danced on her taste buds. Sunset went back to eating her meal, but a thought kept nagging at the back of her mind. She wondered why MONARCH was suddenly pulling its forces out of Equestria, especially her and Shiragami. After all, it was their job to hunt down and eliminate Lucky Dragon. The thought of this merely frustrated Sunset Shimmer. Her ears suddenly picked up the sound of approaching footsteps. She turned to find a couple of other soldiers approaching their table with trays in their hands. One of them was an Earthbound man and the other was a Valkyrie woman.

"Mind if we sit here?" asked the Valkyrie.

"Go ahead." Sunset and Erika said in unison. Erika looked to Sunset with an amused smile. Sunset merely looked away in embarrassment. The two other soldiers sat at the table.

"Man, it's crazy how MONARCH is suddenly banned from Equestria, it was just a few weeks after the appearance of Lucky Dragon in Ponyville." said the Earthbound man as he took a bite out of an apple. Sunset's eyes widened as her mind fully registered the word, 'banned'.

"Wait, did you just say 'banned'?" asked Sunset, trying to keep her tone calm. The man looked to her curiously.

"Oh, you didn't hear? Apparently, Princess Celestia recently banned MONARCH from Equestrian soil. That’s the reason why MONARCH is ordering us to pull out and to relocate further south of the continent. "

"Wait, why would she do that? She's willing to sacrifice the guaranteed safety of her subjects by banning us?" asked Erika in shock.

"I honestly have no idea what she's thinking. I guess she isn't too thrilled that we let Lucky Dragon and those other Transmutants get away, especially after that attack on Ponyville. I guess she must think we're incompetent and can't guarantee their safety. A lot of good men and women died that day from soldiers to civilians." the Earthbound said with a sigh. The Valkyrie stared at her cup of water, not taking a sip.

"What am I going to do?" whispered the Valkyrie. The Transmutant and Earthbound curiously looked towards the Valkyrie, who trembled in her seat.

"I have family in one of the towns that are more vulnerable to an attack. I can't return home to protect them from those monsters. None of us can go back!" the Valkyrie said as she gritted her teeth, her voice distraught. Erika placed a comforting hand on the Valkyrie's shoulder. Sunset sat with a scowl and her fist clenched.

'Damn you, Celestia. Not only have you wronged me again, but also the ones who sacrificed their lives to protect the people you rule over. I will never forgive you for this. This is the second biggest mistake that you'll ever make in your entire life!' Sunset thought with spite. Her hatred to the Diarch had not settled in the last several years. In fact, it increased after the news of her outrageous decision to ban MONARCH from Equestria.


The day was setting as the soldiers decided to rest after their long day. The massive warship sailed across the ocean, the wind blowing into the faces of those still on deck. An Elf man was mopping the deck with several others. Sweat drenched their faces as they worked to get the deck spotless. The Elf held the mop over the bucket and squeezed the head of the mop, releasing the dirty water inside. He sighed in exhaustion. As a MONARCH staff member, he had the job of cleaning the ships, which wasn’t respected by a lot of people, but it provided him with good pay for him and his family.

"I heard that the Princess of Equestria banned MONARCH from setting foot there ever again." said one of the workers.

"That's crazy! Who in their right mind would do something like that?!" exclaimed another worker.

"Yeah, I feel sorry for the citizens. Poor bastards won't last long when those Transmutant terrorists come back." said another worker. He slapped the mop across the deck, working his way over the stains.

"Why do you think she would do something like that?" asked the first worker.

"It could be anything. She is trying to run a peaceful nation, which she's done a pretty good job without going to war with other nations in the last one thousand years. That is until the Transmutants started showing up in Equestria." said one of the workers.

"I'm all for peace and all, but there's a time where you need to suck it up and fight back. It makes me glad that I'm not living in Equestria anymore. I haven't noticed that Princess Celestia has just been coddling us with this idealism of a peaceful utopia." The men all murmured in agreement. As they continued on with their work, a group of soldiers walked past the deck, conversing amongst themselves.

"Why would she ban MONARCH from Equestria?" asked one of the soldiers.

"I heard that some of our comrades broke one of the terms set by the Princess. The one about not killing a Transmutant that surrendered willingly." answered one of the soldiers.

"I heard it was Lucky Dragon that surrendered. A C.O. in Ponyville gave the order to take him out." said one of the other soldiers. These soldiers continued on into the halls of the battleship.

"Swell, now that bastard is going to get away." spat a soldier. They continued on through the halls, making their way into the mess hall, where other soldiers waited in line. A lot of soldiers were discussing their surprise about MONARCH being banned from Equestria. It was such an unexpected turn and worrisome subject for a large number.

"Jeez. So much for being close to home during this war." said one of the soldiers in the group. He then sighed in frustration. "I feel like a dick for some reason now that the princess banned us. I joined MONARCH so I can protect my home from Destoroyah and his group."

"I know how you feel. I can't believe she would make a bold decision like this. I have no doubt that she's strong, but she can't be everywhere at once if an attack were to occur. She wouldn't even get the news on time." said another soldier. A large number of Equestrian soldiers felt worry for their home. They were also worried for the benevolent ruler of their nation. Although they worked to protect other nations that agreed to allow MONARCH's occupation, they had a stronger desire to protect Equestria. They hoped that their enemy would be defeated soon, so that they may return home to their families and friends.


"Bah! The Equestrian princess is a fool if she thinks that she can handle these Transmutants without us." said a woman with grey eagle wings and a white tail. She sat at a large table in a small room where a few other men and women sat with her. They all bore eagle wings and lion tails as well. The Griffons tend to hang out with other members of their race when off duty, feeling a more sense of community in this military of diverse races and cultures. There is yet to be Diamond Dogs or whatever other sapient creature that MONARCH would be more willing to trust in their ranks. This is due to how other creatures such as the Changelings are creatures ruled over by individuals that strive for conquest or are not willing to assist humans.

"Agreed. Just one can take out one hundred of her guards in 3 minutes." chuckled one of the male Griffons.

"Be respectful to our Equestrian neighbors. Her decision is most questionable, but she must have good reason." said an older male Griffon, his brown hair greying and his face slightly wrinkled with his age.

"Maybe, but still..."

"As long as I can still get a paycheck, I don't care." said a female Griffon. The elder gave her a look of disapproval.

"There is more to life than money, young one."

"Like what?" asked the Griffon in a challenging voice.

"Honor." the elder answered.

"Honor? Honor isn't going to pay for my college loans! I'll be living in poverty after I am relieved of duty unless I can come up with the money to pay my loans off. I have little to show from my time in school too!" spat the Griffon woman.

"Perhaps you should choose MONARCH as a permanent career like I did. It pays well." suggested a burly Griffon man as he took a swig of an alcoholic beverage. The female Griffon looked to him with a glare.

"That's easy for an ex bounty hunter who's profession is killing, but I want a career that doesn't involve me always looking at death in the eye!"

"Tell me, do you even know what you want to do?" asked the burly Griffon. The woman was about to respond, but failed to formulate an answer.

"Hmm. Did you blindly go to college without thinking about what you wanted for your future?" asked the Elder Griffon.

"Yes..." answered the woman. The elder nodded in understanding.

"I see. Well, I suggest you make plans on what you want to do with your life before you are allowed to leave MONARCH. That way, you may be able to prepare to try again with your education." said the elder. The woman lowered her head in shame. She lived a careless life when she was young and her parents would always scold her for her lack of foresight and ambition. She felt foolish for not heeding their words and regretted not heeding to their advice.


MONARCH Alpha Base. Location: Classified...

The area was vast and flat. The sky was covered in darkness from the evening. Clouds hung in the sky, bringing rain water down. In the middle of this vast and flat land was the Alpha base. The headquarters and command post for all of MONARCH. It was a great fortress made of steel and iron. Large turrets formed a perimeter around the base, and barbed wire fences surrounded the facility behind the turrets. Large metal vehicles moved without horses pulling them. They were boxed shaped and each one had a long cannon that stuck out, facing forward from the top. Their wheels were covered in treads that allowed these vehicles to run over the muddy ground. Large mechs with turrets that replaced their arms and mechs with large blades and shoulders that held rockets surveyed the area. Their red and blue visors and optics glowed in the dark night.

Inside of a smaller building near the base was filled with great walls and vast amounts of workers. The engineers were working on the vehicles and mechs that were to be used in combat. The sound of hammers beating and the saws buzzing echoed in the depot. Smog filled the air over the base, being expelled out of twin pipes.

The barracks for MONARCH's sources were located behind the main base, where the soldiers were resting in the night. Inside of the main base were several dozen soldiers that roamed the halls. The dark halls were cold, covered in the cold steel. Inside of a large room was an older man with slant eyes, standing in a black uniform. He had several stars pinned to his shoulders on his uniform. He stood among several other men in uniform with a serious expression. Everyone was silent under this man of command.

"This is a problem. Lucky Dragon is too much of a threat to be left alive. His power is a hazard to non-Transmutants." said the general. The other men murmured in agreement. The general began to slowly walk around the room; the eyes of the other men followed him. His commanding tone unnerved the other men.

"After years of him being presumed dead, he has popped back on radar. We were close to finally ending the threat. Unfortunately, that was prevented when Princess Celestia of Equestria had restricted our presence." said the general. He stopped walking and looked towards men with a hard stare.

"As you know, the higher ups are not pleased about this. In fact, one of them is here." said the general. The men all murmured amongst themselves in surprise. The general looks to the military police officers that stood near the large metal door. He nods to them, signaling them to open the door. From behind the doors, was an elder male Elf. His hair was grey and his face covered in wrinkles. He wore a black suit and khakis that clashed with his pale skin. His eyes were red as rubies. The man walks into the room with a neutral expression.

"Attention!" shouted the general. The men in the room immediately stood at attention in silence. The general saluted the elderly man.

"At ease." said the elderly man in a slightly rasped voice. The men in the room relaxed, taking a seat.

"I am Director Onyx. I am here on behalf of the high command of MONARCH. I am to confirm what the general has told you. We are extremely displeased with your failure to eliminate Lucky Dragon. Even if it was one commanding officer not a part of this base that gives an order to eliminate him, all of MONARCH's military units can be stereotyped by the actions of one that has broken a term set by the rulers of the nation we had served." said the elder man. He began to circle around the men in the room, making his way to the general.

"Equestria was an important asset for our expansion. It held the most brilliant minds on magic, who would have assisted in crushing Destoroyah and his band of freaks." said Onyx with a look of disapproval. The general kept himself composed before the Elf.

"But, I suppose that it was wishful thinking that we could remain in Equestria for as long as we planned. Celestia was actually reluctant of our presence at first." said Onyx as he turned away with a sigh. The general felt his heart race as, despite the Elf’s seemingly weak body, he could feel the power radiating from the Elf when he got too close to the general. His muscles relaxed as the Elf began to walk away.

"Lucky Dragon is safe in Equestria, for now. But I won't count on it to last. MONARCH will find a way to draw him out. And when he is exposed, we will be ready. After him, Destoroyah is next." said Onyx in a low tone. He made his way over to the door, but then he turned back to look at the general.

"Thank you for your service. I do hope that next time that I return, it will not be because of something such as the incident in Equestria." said Onyx.

"Of course, sir." said the general. Onyx smiled in response. He then turned and made his way outside of the room. He met with two men in black armor, with rifles in their hands. The MONARCH insignia was painted white on their helmets with red visors that hid their eyes. The guards escorted Onyx through the base, making their way outside.

They were walking on a road that led to a field where many airships sat. Among these airships was a massive airship. It rested on the ground, with steel plating protecting the balloon, which depicted the MONARCH insignia. The balloon carried a large rectangular Gondola that extended nearly to the front and back of the balloon. Cannons sat on both sides of the Gondola. On the sides of the airship were four massive propellers. Four smaller propellers were behind the gondola in order to move the airship forward. Onyx and his guards entered the airship, where several staff members awaited them along with several soldiers.

"Get to your stations, we are leaving." commanded Onyx. The men all immediately went to their stations, preparing the ship for takeoff. Workers in the engine room wore gas masks and protective gear, shoveling pounds of coal into several furnaces. The heat bathed them, causing the men to sweat profusely.

Soldiers went to their barracks, waiting for the ship to take off. In the cockpit area, several men and women went off to computer consoles, checking the statuses of the propellers and the weapons. Onyx made his way over to a chair in the cockpit area. One man made his way to a metal wheel that sat close to the frontal windows. He locked his hands on the wheel, waiting for his orders.

"The Typhoon is ready sir." announced a woman on a computer console. Onyx takes a seat in the chair, his arms on the arm rest.

"Take off." commanded Onyx. The ship began to rumble, its propellers began to spin. The large blades began to beat against the wind, slowly picking up speed. The airship gave a loud sound as the propellers moved at high speeds, blowing dust all around it. The ship suddenly began to slowly rise above the ground, ascending higher and higher. After reaching a few hundred feet above the ground, the ship began to fly forward into the rainy night. Thunder roared in the night, lightning flashed across the sky.

"Set up the magic barrier." commanded Onyx. A man moved across his console and grabbed a microphone.

"Set up the magical barrier. We're heading near a lightning storm." the man spoke over an intercom. After a minute, the men and women in the cockpit saw the glow of magic encasing the ship. The light began to gently pulse in the night. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck the top of the airship, but was reflected by the barrier. Onyx smiled. He then stood to his feet and made his way to the exit of the cockpit.

"Keep this ship on course. I have matters that need my attention." Onyx made his way through the Gondola, entering into a room that was secluded from the others. He looked back, to make sure that he was alone. He then slid the door to the side and stepped into a dark room. It was empty with only a few lights lighting it up. Onyx slid the door shut and locked it. He turned back and made his way to the center of the room. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small crystal. He set the crystal down in the center and pointed a finger at it. A red magic beam shot and connected with the crystal, causing it to glow. The crystal suddenly brought up apparitions of several other men. They were a mix of Earthbounds, Elves and Valkyries. Onyx stepped back a bit from the crystal.

"I am returning from Alpha base. I have discussed my displeasure with their failure and the loss of occupying Equestria." informed Onyx.

"Those useless fools. They can't even honor one simple term set by a peace loving Princess." spat one of the Earthbounds.

"Yes, but Lucky Dragon is a threat that needs to be dealt with. If he is anything like the Alpha, he will cause a great death toll with his destructive power." said an Elf.

"Project Kiryu is nearly complete. Project Rose is proving useful, given Shiragami's daughter fighting prowess and her compatibility with Private Shimmer. When we draw Lucky Dragon out, the combined might of Kiryu and Rose will obliterate him." said a Valkyrie. An Elf looks to Onyx in curiosity.

"Does Private Sunset Shimmer know about..." the Elf does not finish, hoping that Onyx would get the hint at what he meant.

"No. She still does not know. She has yet to realize it, but she is stronger than she thinks." said Onyx. The men nodded to Onyx in response.

"Very well, Director Onyx. We must make sure that the lower ranks are still ignorant to our plans. We can't afford a rebellion among our ranks." said an Earthbound. The men all murmured in agreement.

"Honestly, we’re wasting money just to make sure that we kill these damned failed experiments." complained a Valkyrie. Onyx chuckled in response.

"Oh my colleagues, after we're through, money will no longer be an issue." Onyx said darkly. The man all laughed in amusement.

"To a new era! An era where our will be done!" said an Elf.

"Hear! Hear!" said an Earthbound. The rest of the men gave verbal agreements. After that, the apparitions faded away. Onyx lowered himself and picked up the crystal and placed back into his pocket. He then smiled to himself.

"It is all falling into place." said Onyx. He then made his way towards the door, sliding it open and then exited the room. A nefarious scheme brewed in his mind for the future.

Author's Note:

Here's some nice art!
This here is a kick ass piece done by Pyrus-Leonidas on Deviant Art:

And here are a couple of things I did while I was bored:

PreviousChapters Next