• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 8,982 Views, 696 Comments

The Arrogance of Man - Johng117



When man played God, he gave rise to beings of renowned strength. This is the tale of how one turned his curse into a blessing, with power from those long before him.

  • ...
89
 696
 8,982

PreviousChapters Next
Anniversary: The Musical

Author's Note:

Celebrating 5 Years of writing this story. Thank you, all!
I was gonna hold on this one until the actual 13th but I thought I've kept this one dormant for too long.

I'll be back to updating this story soon.

It was the afternoon. Junior was sitting in the library in silence. The afternoon sun shone through the windows, lighting up the school library of Ponyville High.

Junior was reading through a book that he had to give a report on for his Equish class. He placed his book down with a tired sigh as he rubbed his brows. He noticed Rarity to be walking into the library. She appeared to be looking around. The girl noticed Junior and waved to him with a friendly smile. Junior waved back but noticed the girl rushing his way. She stopped beside him at the table.

"Just the boy I wanted to see!" said Rarity.

"Me?" asked Junior in confusion.

"Yes! Come with me, darling!" said Rarity as she took Junior's hand and towed him away. Junior grunted in annoyance as he found himself taken out of the library and into the hall.

"What gives, Rarity?" asked Junior. Rarity was fidgeting as she twiddled her fingers.

"Weeeeell... I need a favor," said Rarity. Junior raised a brow. He sighed as he scratched his head.

"Is there a guy acting creepy with you? I'll handle it," said Junior. Rarity bore a look of alarm.

"Gojira, no!" said Rarity.

"No, I get it. It's no trouble. I'll just rough him up a bit and act psychotic. That should get him," said Junior as he popped his knuckles. Rarity shook her head furiously.

"Good Heavens! At least show some reluctance! And no, that's not what-"

"Ugh. Dont tell me you need me to help you make clothes or something that requires I wear an uncomfortable suit," said Junior. Rarity glared at him.

"Are you even listening to me?!" asked Rarity.

"Not really, no," said Junior with a shrug. Rarity furrowed her brows in response.

"Oh come on, I'm just messing with you. What's up?" asked Junior. Rarity took a calm breath and placed on a smile.

"I'm involved with a school play production. It's called, 'The Arrogance of Man'!" said Rarity.

"The Arrogance of Man? Sounds edgy. What's that? One of those philosophical takes of humanity's tendency to act as their own god that leads to a cycle of misery and self-destruction by acting on his own will rather than for others just to spite the creator that may or may not exist?" asked Junior. Rarity stared at him blankly.

"Or is it one of those radical anti-human environmentalism takes? Like Agenda 21 shit?" asked Junior. Rarity blinked.

"Gojira, I'm still trying to process your first question," said Rarity in a flat tone.

"Well then just tell me yourself," said Junior.

"It’s a musical! It’s about a boy who was cursed to become a dragon and finds himself an outcast, only to find himself a hero in the end! It's filled with thrills and romance!" said Rarity with a dreamy sigh.

"Sounds like standard stuff," said Junior.

"I'm in charge of costume designs. Right now we're looking for actors," said Rarity.

"Ah, so you guys are already getting through pre-production? So what favor did you need from me?" asked Junior. He noticed Rarity biting her lip as she looked at him and then looked away.

"No way," said Junior with a scowl.

"Darling," pouted Rarity. Junior turned away.

"Nope," said Junior. Rarity tugged on his arm.

"But darliiiing! You'd be perfect in the show!" whined Rarity.

"Hell no! What do I look like, a fucking fruit?" scoffed Junior.

"There's nothing emasculating about theater! Everyone likes them!" said Rarity as Junior attempted to walk away but dragged her along.

"I said no. I am not auditioning. Especially not for a damn musical," shuddered Junior. He then turned his head back and noticed Rarity trembling. Her eyes were watery as she whimpered. Junior's face contorted as he saw this.

"Don't you do it," said Junior as he narrowed his eyes. Rarity sniffled as her lip quivered. Junior's brows furrowed in annoyance.

"Don't," said Junior as he narrowed his eyes more. Rarity suddenly buried her face into her hands as she broke into a sob. Junior winced as she cried.

"W-Why are you so mean?! I came to you for help and y-you wont- Boo hoo hoo!" cried Rarity.

"Rarity, that's not going to work on me. You're just being childish," deadpanned Junior.

"Wow, what a jerk!" said a girl. Junior turned and noticed some students passing by with looks of disgust and disapproval.

"Only toxic people like you would make a girl cry," spat a male student. Junior sent him a glare.

"Yeah, keep white knighting, buddy! You'll get laid one day!" said Junior. He noticed Rarity peeking through her fingers. An evil glint appeared in her deep blue eye. Junior grunted in annoyance as he hardened his expression.

"You devious little-" Junior stopped as Rarity suddenly cried out dramatically.

"Don't glare at me, Gojira! You scare me when you do that!" cried Rarity. Junior noticed that she was drawing more attention from the students passing in the hall.

"Why would you be so cruel to a young lady in need?!" wailed Rarity.

"Is there a problem here?" questioned a student, while glaring at Junior.

"Oh no, she's fine. She uh... it's that time of the month for her," said Junior as he whispered to student. Rarity gasped with an appalled look.

"Oooh. Got ya," said the student with a nod of understanding.

"Yeah, so we're just gonna go..." said Junior as he took Rarity's hand. He briskly led her away from the area but felt the girl trying to pull away from him. Junior looked around and found the area clear. As he released Rarity, she suddenly started slapping him in the shoulder. Her face was flustered as her make-up was running down her face from her forced crying.

"Ah! Ow! Hey st- Ow!" Yelped Junior as each slap grew harder.

"That time of the month for her?!" yelled Rarity.

"Hey, don't get pissy at me! You didn't give me a whole lot of options!" said Junior.

"You didn't have to go that far!" said Rarity.

"Ha! Says 'Ms. Fake Cry'! What was I gonna say? The truth? It was my word against your tears. People are fucking suckers when a girl cries," said Junior with a scoff. Rarity grew more flustered. She looked like she was holding in a scream as her cheeks puffed with air as her lips tightened. She then let out a long sigh and crossed her arms as she looked away, dejected.

"Oh, foo. You're right. I'm sorry for doing that," said Rarity. Junior scratched his head.

"Forget it. Uh... you might wanna..." Junior gestured to his face. Rarity quickly drew out her personal mirror and moaned in disappointment. She reached into her hand bag and began to draw out a tissue, where she proceeded to wipe her stained cheeks clean, removing her ruined makeup.

"Look, if you really want me to audition or whatever... I guess I could," said Junior. Rarity perked up with a surprised and hopeful look.

"You really will?" asked Rarity.

"I guess..." said Junior. Rarity squealed in delight as she hugged Junior tightly.

"Oh thank you darling! Be at the gymnasium at 4!" said Rarity as she took off.

"Geez. Why is she so thrilled?" asked Junior with a sigh.


Junior found himself standing against a wall by himself. He was in the gymnasium, at 4 on the dot. Just as Rarity asked. He found a couple of dozen of other students here, conversing. Junior felt his stomach tighten.

"Maybe this was a bad idea," said Junior to himself.

"Goji?" called a familiar voice. Junior turned to find Pinkie Pie carrying a packet of stapled papers. A grin was on her face.

"Oh, hey Pinkie," greeted Junior with a weak smile. How embarrassed he felt, knowing that someone he knew was here to see him audition.

"Are you auditioning?" asked Pinkie eagerly.

"Yeah... uh... Rarity was persistent," said Junior.

"That's super duper! I can't wait! There's a few roles for boys, so check them out!" said Pinkie as she handed Junior a script. The boy began to read through the synopsis of the story, to even some character descriptions.

"Hm. The lead comes off as sort of an asshole," said Junior.

"He's just a tragic character that pushes people away because he's afraid of being rejected by them! His curse has him always on edge!" said Pinkie dramatically.

"Hm. Well, I guess you got a hook for drama," said Junior as he read on.

"Yeah! I'm working with John on this play. Me and a couple others have been putting this together," said Pinkie with a grin.

"Who the hell is John? Wait, you're working on this operation?" asked Junior incredulously. Pinkie nodded.

"Yep! I help with ideas and the set!" said Pinkie. She waved to Junior as she walked off.

"Gotta go! Break a leg!" said Pinkie. Junior sighed as he read the script.

"Maybe I won't get cast. Knowing the hierarchy of popularity, the most charismatic pretty boys get the roles," said Junior. He smirked as he looked at the lead character's name, 'Kujira Takashi'.

"This edge lord of a character sounds ripe for those shitty vampire movie types of casting. Failing this audition will be a breeze," said Junior. He then raised a brow.

"Whose idea was it to name him after a whale in Neighponese?" asked Junior in confusion.


Later...

Rarity, Pinkie, two other male students were sitting at a table, staring at a stage. They watched as Rainbow stood on stage. She threw her hand out dramatically.

"This is my burden to bear! Relying on others is weakness!" said Rainbow. Rarity looked down at a sheet of paper.

"Kujira, it breaks my heart seeing you push others away! I hate how you lie to hide your pain! I feel helpless watching you!" said Rarity, reading off the script.

Meanwhile, Junior was looking back over the script back stage. He was going over how he imagined Kujira would behave in this scene. Rainbow's performance seemed to be overdoing the scene. From what Junior could tell, this guy was a prideful and stubborn individual, carrying a hint of pain. Junior realized how and what he should put into this audition. Sure, he was expecting to fail to get out of this but he wasn't gonna half ass it. He doubt Rarity would just accept it as well.

Junior noticed Rainbow walking backstage. She bore an annoyed look.

"Pfft! 'Overdoing it'. 'You're also a girl'. What do they know?" scoffed Rainbow as she left the area. Junior shrugged as he read on. He noticed Twilight to be on stage. She had a look of despair on her face, as she held her hands over her heart.

"Kujira, it breaks my heart seeing you push others away!" said Twilight. Her voice carried a sorrowful strain and a hint of tears being held back. Junior hummed to himself as Twilight seemed to be selling her performance to the heads of production.

"I-I just feel helpless watching you!" cried Twilight, turning away as she cupped her hand over mouth, as though she was holding in a sob. Junior noticed Rarity to be tearing up as Pinkie was clapping. He noticed the two male students were nodding as they bore unreadable expressions, as they were analyzing it.

Twilight soon came walking backstage, with a smile on her face. She looked to be red with embarrassment.

"Not bad, short stack," said Junior. Twilight glared at him in annoyance, her mood soured. Junior chuckled in amusement.

"Man and here I thought I was quick to get mad," said Junior. Twilight sighed in annoyance.

"Well, I wasn't expecting to see you audition. I figured you'd think this stuff was stupid or something," said Twilight in surprise.

"I do, and I'm not a fan of plays or musicals. But how else was I gonna get Rarity to shut up?" shrugged Junior. Twilight scowled in response.

"Would it kill you to be willing to participate in what our school does?" asked Twilight.

"I'm taking time out of my life span to audition for something that I have no interest in. What do you want from me?" said Junior as he went back to reading the script. Twilight narrowed her eyes in response at Junior's reply. She sighed as she walked off.

"Break a leg, Gojira," said Twilight.

'Can't tell if she meant that or not," said Junior as he glanced at the girl.

"Next!" called Pinkie. Junior sighed as he walked out to the stage, with his script. He found the heads of production to be waiting. He even noticed some of his friends at the bleachers of the gymnasium. He found surprised looks on their faces, greeting him with waves. Junior weakly smiled in response.

"Alright, you're auditioning for the lead?" asked one of the male students.

"Yeah..." answered Junior.

"Show us what you got. Rarity, would you mind starting us off?" asked the student. Rarity cleared her throat as she started at the beginning of the scene.

"Kujira, what is bothering you?" asked Rarity, reading from the script. Junior sighed as he scratched his head, an annoyed look on his face.

"Nothing is bothering me," said Junior, coldly. He read over this scene over a dozen times. He had an idea of the scenario in his head and remembered every line. He was terrible at remembering math, but he'd be damned if he couldn't memorize lines in his favorite scenes in films.

"Liar! I know that something is wrong! How dare you lie to my face?!" read, adding anger to tone. "Why do you refuse to let others help you?!"

"Because my problems are mine to bear! Relying on others is weakness!" said Junior, his expression turning to anger, and his tone rising. This made everyone in the gymnasium jump from his tone. Rarity cleared her throat as she went back to looking at her script.

"Kujira, it breaks my heart seeing you push others away! I hate how you lie to hide your pain! I feel helpless watching you!" said Rarity, reading off the script. Junior let out a long sigh as he looked to the side, as though he were avoiding to look at the face of the character that was confronting his own. His expression turned solemn as his head bowed.

"I'm sorry... Midnight. I always believed that I was sparing others by keeping to myself," said Junior softly. Rarity and Pinkie stared intensely. Junior turned to the side, where he imagined the character would be.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I just thought that... I was making it easier on others," said Junior. He noticed out of the corner of his eye that Rarity and Pinkie were tearing up. The two male students looked to be impressed. Junior turned fully as he noticed the rest of the Main 7 to be staring in awe or looked to have teared up.

"Uh oh," said Junior to himself.


"Agh what have I done?!" cried Junior, sitting on the ground as he pulled his hair. He was outside by the Wondercolt statue. The Main 7 surrounded him, either sitting or standing. Rarity was crouched next to him with a smile.

"Darling, you should be proud! John and Paul were impressed with your performance!" said Rarity.

"I still don't know who those guys are!" said Junior. Fluttershy was on her knees besides Junior, a blush on her face.

"You were really good," said Fluttershy.

"I'll say! I never took you for theater," said Applejack with a nod.

"I wasn't supposed to get the role! I only did it because Rarity bugged me to!" said Junior.

"Then why didn't you half-ass it?" asked Rainbow in confusion.

"Because then I wouldn't hear the end of it!" said Junior in annoyance.

"I mean, how? How could I have gotten the part?" asked Junior incredulously. The more that he thought of it, the less real it seemed. But reality was nagging at him, attempting to claw at his sanity.

"Because you took the role of a tortured young soul who just yearned for companionship but feared having it! His curse and loneliness makes him isolate himself to not bring trouble to others! You captured his pain!" said Rarity with a grin.

"I actually started tearing up a bit," said Sunset with a smile. Junior groaned.

"I should've went for the charismatic goofball friend," said Junior, burying his hands into his face.

"Well you can't back out of it now. You got the part," said Twilight with a shrug.

"Right! If you're a man, then you will keep your word!" said Rarity.

"But I never even agreed to do it if I had gotten the role!" said Junior. Rarity huffed as she stuck her nose up in a mock snooty way.

"One assumes that the other goes in fully committed," said Rarity, peeking at Junior with a smirk. Junior growled.

"Shit," said Junior.

"I understand, Goji," said Fluttershy as she pat Junior's shoulder.

"It must be intimidating. To be on stage, in front of everyone, watching you act out every scene that you have to memorize..." Fluttershy began to grow pale. Sunset rolled her eyes. She knelt down and pulled Junior up to his feet.

"Buck up, Goji. I know you can do it. And we'll be supporting you," said Sunset with a reassuring smile. Junior sighed heavily.


It was the weekend. Students involved with the production of the musical were allowed to prepare. As the sets were being made, the cast were studying their scripts and rehearsing the scenes. Junior grimaced as he read the script.

"We really need to sing?" asked Junior.

"It wouldn't be a musical without singing," said Adagio Dazzle, joining Junior's side.

"Adagio? What are you doing here?" asked Junior in confusion.

"I'm in charge with training you guys for the musical segments. They thought a professional singer would help with this production," said Adagio, standing proudly.

"Makes sense," said Junior. Adagio giggled as she stepped close to Junior, a seductive look on her face.

"Maybe you and I can have private lessons," said Adagio placing a hand on Junior's cheek. The boy blushed as he cleared his throat. His eyes turned away.

"I may have to take a rain check on that," said Junior. Adagio pouted in response.

"Ah you're no fun. Anyway, have you been studying your songs?" asked Adagio.

"Yeah, a bit. But doesn't this seem a bit... i don't know, too comedic?" asked Junior.

"What do you mean?" asked Adagio.

"Well, this song comes up when the protagonist discovers that his enemy was the one who killed his father. These lyrics... they seem to take you out of the drama," said Junior.

"Ah no one pays that much attention in high school musicals. They just want catchy songs," said Adagio dismissively. Junior grimaced.

"You call yourself a professional? They wouldn't happen you be paying you, would they?" asked Junior. Adagio gasped with an appalled look.

"You insult me! I don't do this for money! It's my passion!" said Adagio indignantly. She then crossed her arms with a deadpanned expression.

"It's not like they could afford me anyway," said Adagio. Junior rolled his eyes and went back to reading. He then noticed Rodan and Angirasu to be walking over.

"Yo! Goji!" greeted Rodan with a grin.

"Ro? Aang? What are you guys doing here?" asked Junior in confusion.

"Rarity asked us to audition too, remember?" asked Rodan.

"No... I don't," said Junior. He swore he remembered seeing them there, but he didn't recall them auditioning. He must have repressed most of his memory because he realized that he was now having to act in a school musical.

"So what part did you guys get?" asked Junior.

"I'm the goofball friend and Aang's the gentle giant but with an enjoyment of fighting friend," said Rodan.

"I was born for this role," said Angirasu, his brows furrowed. Junior awkwardly coughed.

"Well, at least we already have a chemistry going on. That might be why she wanted us to audition," said Junior.


Junior was on stage with Twilight. He bore an annoyed look as Twilight kept scanning through her script.

"Guys I don't know if this is gonna work," said Junior, looking to the heads of production who sat at the table set up close to the stage.

"What's the problem?" asked Rarity.

"This duet. Twilight's a little tone deaf," said Junior. Twilight glared at him in offense.

"I am not!" said Twilight.

"Are too," scoffed Junior.

"That's why we're rehearsing, guys," said Paul.

"And why we asked Adagio to coach with singing. Twilight, just remember what you learned. You'll be fine," said John as he drank from a bottle of water. Twilight nodded, hesitantly.

"Alright. 'Kujira', you've just returned home from your self-exile and helped fought off the army invading changelings. You're now expressing your love for each other. Ready?" asked Paul.

"Ready," said Junior and Twilight in unison, though Junior felt like the plot of this play was a bit all over the map, especially the time where his character went to live in the desert, where he made friends with three Sirens from a sea nearby.

"And go," said John. Junior and Twilight turned to each other, getting into character.

"Kujira... there's something that I've been wanting to tell you," said Twilight, putting on a timid look.

"What is it?" asked Junior. From in front of the stage, the school band began to prep themselves. A student began to play the piano, bringing a gentle melody. Twilight took a breath, with a look of anxiety.

"In a perfect world, one we've never known~. We would never need to face the world alone..." Twilight awkwardly sang. Her voice out of tune. Everyone backstage, in the band and even at the production table were wincing at her performance. Junior kept silent as inhaled deeply through his nose. Twilight began to take notice of the reactions. Her face grew red as she trembled. The girl stopped and quickly ran off stage. Junior's brows raised in surprise. He turned and noticed Rarity with a hand over her mouth as Pinkie bore a worried look.

"I'll go check on her," said Rarity as she got out of her seat. Junior sighed as he followed after her.

"Wait up," said Junior. The two made their way backstage. They found Twilight sitting against an exit door, with her face buried into her knees. Rarity approached and knelt next to her.

"Darling, are you alright?" asked Rarity. Twilight merely sniffled. Rarity frowned. She then looked to Junior, her eyes narrowed. Junior merely shrugged, mouthing 'what?' In response, Rarity then gestured her head to Twilight. Junior sighed, understanding what she was getting at. He walked over to Twilight, as Rarity scooted back.

"Hey," said Junior. Twilight brought her knees up more as she stiffened.

"Go away!" said Twilight, a small sob coming from her mouth. Junior sighed as he scratched his head.

"Come on, why are you crying?" asked Junior.

"I'm not crying!" said Twilight.

"Yes, you are," said Junior, narrowing his eyes.

"Just leave me alone! You big jerk!" said Twilight. Junior gave a deep exhale through his nostrils as he took a seat next to the girl.

"Look, I know I was giving you a hard time. I wasn't trying to be mean to you," said Junior.

"It's not fair. You always put me down. Whether it’s my height or my singing," said Twilight with a sob. Junior rubbed his head, feeling himself grow guilty.

"Twi, that's just how I show affection. I tease Rodan all the time," said Junior.

"How would I know that?! It's not like you've treat me as well as some of the others!" said Twilight. Junior frowned as the girl sobbed. He never realized that Twilight took all of his interactions with her as hurtful. He noticed Rarity glaring at him. She had a face that read, 'you better fix this'.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think I was hurting your feelings. It’s just how kids in my junior high acted. Rodan too. We poke at our insecurities to toughen ourselves up. But I guess i should've figured that girls didn't interact the same way," said Junior.

"That doesn't even seem right," sniffled Twilight.

"Well it could just be a 'cultural' thing. I don't mean literally. I mean community-wise. You know, tight neighborhoods and whatnot," said Junior. Twilight sniffled as she kept her face hidden. Junior scratched his head. He then wrapped an arm around Twilight, who flinched in response. The girl raised her head up, her eyes hot and puffy from her tears. Junior stared off at the wall as he held Twilight close. The girl sniffled as she rested her head against him.

"Chin up, alright. I'll stop giving you crap about your singing," said Junior as he roughly rubbed the girl's shoulder. Twilight sniffled.

"Ok," said Twilight as she wiped her face.

"Perhaps we can rehearse another scene without you two. Adagio can coach you a bit more," said Rarity as she stood up and walked off. She flashed Junior a smile as she left. Junior stood up with Twilight.

"Does that mean you're going to be a little nicer to me for now on?" asked Twilight.

"This isn't me being nice?" asked Junior. Twilight scowled at him in response.

"I'm kidding. But my way of being 'nice' might be a bit different to yours," said Junior. Twilight began to grow more dissatisfied. Junior sighed.

"Alright, I'll try," said Junior. Twilight smiled brightly in response.


It has been a couple of weeks. Junior realized that everything seemed to have blown by like a breeze. All of those rehearsals and all of those songs to memorize were all that filled his mind. He had to work double time with Sunset and Mosura to study just to keep his grades up.

He even took Adagio up on her one on one lessons in singing, though he made sure that he brought along one other cast member, much to Adagio's dismay. Speaking of Adagio, the girl was clinging to his back, peeking over his shoulder through the curtain.

"Oh, it's empty. No one came," said Adagio in surprise.

"It's still early, Adagio," chuckled Junior as a girl walked into the gymnasium, taking a seat in one of the chairs set up.

"Huh, how bout that?" Adagio shifted, her large breasts rubbing against Junior's back. The boy gulped as his heart raced and his face flushed.

"Uh... Adagio. Would you mind giving me a little space?" stuttered Junior. Adagio giggled as she wrapped her arms around Junior's neck as she nuzzled him, causing the boy to flinch and yelp as his blush deepened.

"Oh, come on! You know you like it! Besides, how can I be away from you? My giant teddy bear~" giggled Adagio as she nuzzled Junior's neck, causing him to jerk his head to the side, gritting his teeth.

"Teddy needs an adult," said Junior in a nervous tone.

"I'm excited for our time on stage, Goji," said Adagio with a smile.

"Alright, enough hanky panky guys!" said Pinkie, popping from behind the curtain between the two. Junior and Adagio both yelped in alarm, pulling away from the curtain and Pinkie Pie. The girl had a mild annoyed look at the two.

"We've got a show to put on! Now get ready! And use the bathroom too! We're not stopping until intermissions!" said Pinkie, leaving with a clip board in hand and a headset. Junior sighed as Adagio crossed her arms in annoyance.

"Pest," said Adagio. She removed her hair band and allowed her long curly hair to fall down.

"Well, I should be getting ready. Good luck," said Adagio as she walked off.

"It's 'Break a Leg', Adagio! You're putting bad luck on Gojira!" called Rarity, walking by.

"She's been on stage more times than any of us. Pretty sure she doesn't believe in that superstition," said Junior. Rarity turned to Junior with a smile.

"My, you look quite handsome!" said Rarity. Junior was dressed in a dark kimono, bearing blue in the fabric around the collar and the sleeves. There was a Neighsian serpent-like dragon etched onto back of the top of the kimono. Junior's hair wasn't spiked and unkempt as it normally was. Instead it was combed with a small tail of hair in the back of his head. Rarity giggled in delight as she admired the boy's appearance.

"I studied quite hard on Neighponese culture and its traditional apparel. This was the first time I've ever made anything like a kimono. I think I've done a magnificent job!" said Rarity proudly.

"I'm supposed to be a samurai right? They usually have the top of their head shaved, you know," said Junior as Rarity adjusted his collar.

"This is a fantasy, darling," said Rarity in amusement. She then gasped and squealed in delight as she found Twilight walking in, dressed in a lavender dress. She appeared as a maiden from medieval times. Her hair was in a bun, rather than the ponytail that she always kept it in. Her face was a bit red as Rarity made her way to her.

"You look fabulous, darling! A true maiden from the noble family of this story!" said Rarity in delight.

"You think I look OK?" asked Twilight in embarrassment. Rarity nodded.

"Absolutely! You look beautiful! Don't you think, darling?" asked Rarity, turning to Junior. Though behind her smile, Junior swore he saw a glare in her eye. Junior stiffened, looking to Twilight, who was looking away in embarrassment. Junior wasn't necessarily attracted to Twilight, but he had to admit that her shyness was kind of cute, especially with that outfit.

"Sure..." answered Junior looking away as he cleared his throat. Twilight cracked a small pleased smile.


The gymnasium was filled with students and some of the staff from school. Among these were some family members of the cast or even of the audience. The Main Seven, excluding Rarity, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie, sat together with the Transmutant Four, excluding Junior. A woman with red hair and emerald eyes and a man with more brown reddish hair with red-orange eyes sat next to Aiko, who was reading the program to the play.

"Oh! You're Angirasu's mother, right? We haven't met, but we're Rodan's parents," said the woman with a smile. Aiko tore her eyes away from the program and smiled, reaching out to shake their hands.

"Oh, hello," greeted Aiko.

"I was surprised to know that our boys started to take up theater," said Mrs. Shou.

"Anything to keep them out of trouble," said Aiko. Erika and Sunset were conversing as Rainbow Dash sat with a bored look beside Applejack and Mosura. Miwa was sitting with Fluttershy and her mother, conversing.

"I'm surprised Junior's in this play! He always thought musicals were stupid," said Miwa with a smile.

"Really? I'm more surprised that he dislikes them!" said Posey. Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

Meanwhile, Mosura sighed as she sat slumped in her seat.

"If I knew Gojira was going to be in the play, I would've auditioned myself," said Mosura to herself. Music suddenly began to play in the air. Everyone fell silent, some growing more eager than others who had a peek at the rehearsals.

"Ooh! This is exciting, eh sis?" asked Celestia, glancing at Luna. The younger sister shrugged.

"I'll keep my expectations lowered," said Luna. Celestia furrowed her brows in disapproval. From the stage, the curtains began to part. There was a painted background, showing a dark sky and great mountains. In the foreground of the stage, there were miniature sets of ancient Neighsian structures. The composers in front of the stage below played an ominous theme. Violins slowly filled the air with their tune, the sound of low trumpets played along them. A chorus of students chanted behind the music.

"Ooh! I'm getting chills!" whispered Sunset.

"Our story begins many millennia ago. The world was terrorized by fearsome beasts. Titans," narrated a voice. From the backstage, a boy placed on a dragon mask. He stepped out as the music swelled. His costume was dark, heavy in appearance. He stood upright as a tail dragged along the ground. The costume bore yellow eyes, dark scales, and jagged dorsal plates. A pre-recorded roar filled the air as the performer stomped and raised his head as if he were roaring. The performer began to stomp about, with recorded booming footsteps. The miniature building sets crumbled as he stepped on them. The chorus intensified as the 'dragon' brought havoc and began to step behind the mid ground, where fake mountains with some miniature buildings sat, giving the illusion of the beast being in the distance. From the front of the stage, a few students dressed in kimonos and sandals ran to the foreground.

"Yoooooo!" There was a cry from the chorus as drum beats filled the air.

"With a horrible grimace and a terrible sound, he brings the mountains down~!" sang one of the 'villagers'. The chorus chanted as the music picked up, while the dragon roamed the background.

"Helpless people in the streets, scream bug eyed as he looks down on them~!" the villagers sang in unison. The violins picked up in pace, adding rhythm as the chorus continued to chant.

"He picks up a chariot and throws it back down, As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town~!" sang the villagers as the dragon threw down a miniature chariot at a miniature building. Smoke began to glow around its feet in the mid ground to simulate the destruction.

"Oh, no, they say he's got to go~!" sang the leading male singing villager, the chorus picked up their chants as the music grew more intense.

"Go, go, Kujira~!" sang the villagers.

"Ooh~!" The chorus began to sing. From the stage, more costumed creatures emerged from the midground. There was a dragon-like creature on its hands and knees, bearing a frill of horns on the head and one on the snout. A shell of spikes was on the costume's back as well. From a large volcano set, a dragon puppet with a bird-like beak and wings emerged from smoke as red lights illuminated it, giving the illusion of fire. The volcano had a trail of red-orange light trailing down it as though it were a lava flow.

"Wow!" said Mr. Shou in awe. The audience were growing more impressed by this prologue as time went on.

"Oh, no, there goes Trotkyo~!" sang the villagers, as a large spider puppet descended down from a wire, landing on a set of mountains. Its long legs moved as its eyes glowed. Mosura was clinging to Fluttershy a she hid her face.

"Tell me when that thing's gone!" whimpered Mosura.

"Go, go, Kujira!~" sang the villagers.

"Ahhh~! Ahhhh~! Ahhhhhh~!" The villagers were huddled together as more large puppets appeared in the midground, along with the two costumed dragons. They comprised of reptiles, bugs, and mammal-like creatures.

"History shows again and again, that nature points out the folly of man~!" sang the lead villager, as the chorus chanted. The music swelled as an object began to descend in the background. Slow flashing yellow lights fell over the stage.

"Kujira!" chanted the chorus.

"History shows again and again, that nature points out the folly of man~!" sang the lead singer.

"Kujira~! Kujira~!" sang the villagers as the costumed dragons wrecked havoc and the puppets moved about, simulating the terror they brought in their story. The object that was being lowered was revealed to be a large marionette of a golden three headed dragon, with its wings half-way folded along itself. Lights flashed along it as thunder roared.

"Kujira~!" the villagers sang. The music stopped and everything froze. The lights suddenly shut off, and there was only a brief flash to simulate lighting. A loud boom of thunder filled the gymnasium as the actors and 'creatures' were illuminated briefly. There was applause and cheers from the audience as the curtains closed.

"Alright, now they have me sold!" said Rainbow with a grin.


It was 15 minutes into the play. By now, they had covered the arrival of the main hero to a new land, after that prologue of the distant past. The audience watched as Junior stepped on stage, in costume. He heard a few cheers from the audience and whistles. He could tell that they were from his mother and friends. He took a breath to settle his nerves. This was much more nerve wracking than he thought. The music began to pick up.

"Bah. Midnight doesn't know what she's talking about. Who needs friends?" said Junior, placing on an annoyed look. He sighed as he looked around, a small frown on his face.

"Who'd would even be friends with a monster?" asked Junior. The music comprised of solemn violins that slowly escalated as Junior furrowed his brows.

"That doesn't matter! I'll be fine as long as no one knows my secret! I'll just shut everyone out! It'll save everyone trouble!" said Junior. The music took on a more upbeat tone as the violins changed their tune as a piano played alongside.
"Going it solo~. Gonna be by myself todaaaay~," sang Junior. He began to walk along stage, which bore a couple of sets of small medieval buildings as well as a painted background of a lush green land.

"While I might not be the best team player~. I have more fun when I just stay away~!" sang Junior. His voice sending chills down Mosura and Fluttershy's spines.

"Oh shit, he can sing," said Mosura to herself. Meanwhile backstage, Rarity and Pinkie watched with grins.

"He's nailing it!" whispered Pinkie, while Rarity nodded in agreement.

"You won't ever know meeee~! I'm no one's dummy~. And I don't give a damn about what you saaaay~!" sang Junior as he bumped shoulders with a student dressed in medieval clothes. He raised his fist as if he were threatening the villager, who comically stumbled off. Junior stormed off as the music continued. Applejack hummed as she scratched her chin.

'Something about this seems too real,' thought Applejack as she furrowed her brows.

"Going it solo~! Cause it's my fate to be all alone~!" sang Junior, a boy and girl passed by, hands locked as they bore lovey dovey expressions.

"I ignore all the dumb Nay-Sayers~ Truth be told I prefer to be on my own~," sang Junior while a few medieval villagers stood by on stage. They looked to be whispering among themselves as he walked by. Junior then pointed to the audience with a look of defiance on his face.

"You won't ever knooow meeee~! My heart is cold and oh so tiny~!" sang Junior.

"Listen to that! I knew he would be perfect for the role!" whispered Rarity with a suppressed squeal.

"People act what they know!" said Pinkie.

"And everywhere else is a long way from hoooome~," sang Junior. The music ended on one final note. The audience began to applaud, while his friends cheered the loudest.

"That's my boy! Whooo!!" MIwa cried from the audience, startling those closest. She began to whistle, much to Junior's embarrassment. The curtain began to close on him, leading to him to turn with a long sigh, holding his chest.

"I thought that'd never end," said Junior in relief. Pinkie and Rarity approached, applauding him.

"You were magnificent! Keep it up!" said Rarity, proudly.

"Really? I don't think some of these lyrics are appropriate for a school play, let alone a professional musical," said Junior as he looked back at the curtain, still hearing the applause.

"Well they seem to be liking it so far. Just keep doing what we rehearsed!" said Pinkie. Junior sighed as he nodded.


Junior found himself walking along stage in the middle of the woods. He continued on until he entered a cave entrance prop. Music played over the scene, giving a sense of mystery. As the teen passed through the prop, students in black began to quickly switch out the props.

The props replaced were trees and bushes, traded off for stones. The background was changed to a cave setting, and the lighting grew softer. Junior gasped in shock as he found Rodan sitting on a chair, along with Angirasu, and a girl with white hair and who wore a kimono.

"We've been waiting for you Kujira. Like you, we demi humans have been hiding away from the villagers," said the girl.

"But how are there more of us?! I thought my father and I were the only ones cursed by the organization known as Diarch?!" asked Junior incredulously. Aiko raised a brow at this.

"Diarch?" asked Aiko.

"No, many others, including us, were cursed like you," said the girl. Junior growled.

"Damn them!" yelled Junior angrily, dropping to his knees as he slammed his hands onto the ground.

"Diarch..." Aiko hummed to herself as she kept pondering the scene in the play.

Later on during the play, Angirasu and Rodan were walking along stage. The setting was set to be the village that the hero was living in currently. Rodan sighed as he stretched.

"This is great! I'm sick of staying in that stuffy old cave! Plus we get to see the gorgeous maidens!" said Rodan as he waved to a passing girl, who waved back with a flirty smile. Angirasu bore a reluctant look.

"Why would you want to be out here? We aren't like these people. Aren't you worried?" asked Angirasu. Rodan scoffed as he stopped and turned to Angirasu.

"Worried? Worried? Brother, let me tell you something," said Rodan. A piano began to play along with guitar and the beat of drums. Rodan began to nod his head as he walked.

"One minute, I'm in the Evergreen Forest! Then I'm down in Equineville!~" sang Rodan, to the beat. He began to strut as the audience enjoyed the beat. His mother was chuckling in amusement.

"Sparkling Oaks to St. Clops~ There's a syncopated beat~. I say, Whoo~! Whoo~! I'm street smart~! I got a whole lot of heart~!" sang Rodan. The music began to pick up as he turned to Angirasu with a grin.

"Why should I worry~? Why should I care~? I may not have a dime~! But I got street savoir fare~!" sang Rodan.

"Hmm. This seems too close to Rodan's personality," said Mr. Shou to his wife.

"Nah," said Mrs. Shou dismissively.

"No, I'm starting to notice a pattern too," said Aiko with an analytical look.

Later during the play, Junior was standing in the cave with the white haired girl. Rodan and Angirasu sat on the ground, dressed in kimonos as though they were students waiting on their master in a dojo.

"You know the art of combat well. All I'm asking is for you to teach me what you know so I can improve. We have to defend ourselves don't we?" asked Junior.

"Besides, maybe we can use our skills to get people to not fear us," said Junior. The white haired girl hummed. Music began to play.

"So, ya wanna be a hero, kid~? Well, whoop-de-do~!" sang the girl, pushing one hand against Junior, causing him to stumble back.

"I have been around the block before~. With hotheads just like you~. Each and everyone a disappointment~! Pain for which there ain't no ointment~!" said the girl as she bumped her hip against Junior, causing him to stumble.

"So much for excuses~. Though a kid of Takashi is~ Asking me to jump into the fray~. My answer is two words~," sang the girl, holding up two fingers. There was a pause of silence.

"OK," said the girl with a shrug.

"Really?" asked Junior in surprise.

"Sure. I mean, I like having you around," said the girl. Rainbow sat in boredom in her seat.

"Man, it was good earlier. So much singing and talking," said Rainbow in annoyance. She was shushed by the rest of the girls around her, which prompted her to cross her arms.


During the next part of the play, Twilight was on stage. She was acting out a scene with a group of other girls. Junior was backstage, his character having been recently left behind to recover because he was 'wounded' during a rock slide.

"We have to convince the dragon to leave to save our land from the smog he's producing! But we have to do it diplomatically!" said Twilight. Junior retreated as he made his way to an area, where a jug of water stood. He began to pour some into a paper cup from the faucet beneath. Meanwhile, students were scrambling to prepare for the next scene, while some carried a large dragon neck.

"Oh no!" said a student as he tripped. The students that carried the dragon neck all fell, dropping the dragon.

"Shit! Is something broken?!" exclaimed a student in alarm. Junior turned, finding them to be frantically picking up the dragon.

"Oh god, the handles broken! We can't move its jaws!" cried a girl.

"Uh oh," said Junior. They were barely past the beginning and they were experiencing technical difficulties already.

"What do we do?! It's gonna ruin the scene if we can't make it talk!" said another student.

"We have to ditch the handle and move it manually. But this thing's heavy. How're we gonna- ?" The student began to mess with the head, opening and closing the jaw. Then, he noticed Junior standing.

"Gojira! We need your help!" cried the student. Junior slumped his shoulders with a grimace.

Soon, the boy found himself wearing a cloak over himself to obscure his costume and wore a dragon mask over his face. He was standing in front of the other students as they held the rest of the dragon-neck from inside of the cave prop, while Junior stood outside, moving the head on his own with his arms. He kept a firm hold as he pulled the jaw down, simulating the talking as someone spoke the dragon's lines off stage via microphone.

"Leave, humans! This is my treasure! And I intend on sleeping on it for over a hundred years during my hibernation!" said the dragon in a booming voice. A girl among the human villagers stepped forward. Her hair was covered in flowers, relating to her down to earth and nature loving persona.

"You should be ashamed of yourself! You're attacking people for asking you to leave this land because of your smog!" said the girl.

"But she kicked me!" whined the dragon, looking down at one of the other girls, who bore unkempt wild hair. The audience chuckled in amusement as the girl shrugged defensively.

'Agh. It's getting hot in here,' thought Junior in dismay, as he helped wrap up the scene.


It was the intermission. Junior sighed as he sat against a wall. He found Twilight waving to him with a smile.

"Hey, great job out there!" said Twilight.

"I don't know how much more I can take this," said Junior in dismay.

"Hey, don't worry! We're half way through! Besides, your next musical scene will be the last one until near the end," said Twilight with a reassuring smile. Junior sighed.

"Great..." said Junior. Twilight walked off as she held a cup of water. Junior got up, stretching his stiff joints until they popped. He proceeded to walk as Pinkie and Rarity were spouting off orders to the other cast and crew members of this production. It was surprising to see Pinkie take this kind of charge. He never realized that she could be as serious as she was right now.

Junior made his way over to a room, where he found Adagio to be brushing her fingers over her curly bangs. Her face bore some make up, bringing out the blush in her cheeks. She sported a half top, with prosthetic shells covering her breasts. She wore a purple dress around her waist, exposing one leg and a headband with spikes, appearing as if it came from the ocean.

"What do you think?" asked Adagio. Junior awkwardly stood by.

"You look... Good," said Junior. Adagio bore a mischievous smile as she ran a hand over her bare leg.

"You think I should show off more leg?" asked Adagio. Junior cleared his throat, closing his eyes to not stare her legs. Her silky, luscious sexy legs. Junior mentally groaned and shook off any thoughts of lust that were invading his train of thought.

"Don't. We still have to be clean for the school," said Junior in annoyance. Adagio giggled as she stood up.

"I still can't believe they cast you too. You said that you were helping with singing," said Junior with a raised brow.

"Well I never said that they didn't ask me to sing. And my sisters!" said Adagio, pointing to the side, where her sisters were dressed in similar outfits. Aria was covering her stomach in embarrassment.

"I'm gonna kill those heads of production for these outfit ideas," growled Aria.

"I think these are hot!" said Sonata, checking herself out in the mirror with a grin.

"Well, I should get going. My part's next again," said Junior as he walked out of the room, his face beat red. His mind stuck on the legs exposed by the Dazzlings.

"So much leg..." muttered Junior to himself. He shook his head with a groan.


The play had reached its end of the first Act. It was being wrapped up with the revelation that the character Midnight discovered that the hero, Kujira, was actually a member of the feared race, demi-humans. Described as men turning into fearsome beasts. The man that she had fell for. Aside from her, the character's friend, the one with the unkempt hair, was also in love with Rodan's character.

Junior was waiting in the backstage, watching the scene play out. He was starting to get a little lost in the play since it's felt like they've been performing for quite a while, and they weren't even through yet! Right now, Twilight Sparkle was with the girl with unkempt hair, arguing as they attempted to digest the revelation of their lovers being monsters. The setting was that of a room in a house.

"Now you listen here, Spectrum! It's that kind of thinking that has caused them to leave! They were good men, not monsters!" said Twilight, angrily. Meanwhile in the audience, Aiko bore a grimace.

"OK, now it's just getting obvious," deadpanned Aiko. The music began to play.

"They were not evil! They were misunderstood men in this world!" said Twilight. The music picked up in tempo.

"They were not human, Midnight!" cried 'Spectrum'.

"Yes, the man I loved was a demi human and that scares me, not.~" Twilight sang solemnly.

"I want the world to know... That I love that demi human hunk~! I've been thinking, praying.~ Reading some books~. And it's time we opened our eyes and get out of this funk~!" sang Twilight, the music matching her tone, more upbeat.

"Midnight, I can't believe what you're saying!" said 'Spectrum'.

"Oh honey, you know what I say is true!~ Just who're you trying to fool?~ I saw you making goo goo eyes at that red haired dude~!" sang Twilight. There was a brief moment of silence. 'Spectrum' looked down at the ground with a frown.

"He was one hell of a guy," said Spectrum. The music began to pick up again.

"He made me laugh and grin~!" sang Spectrum.

"Lady, I tell you it ain't a sin~!" sang Twilight. The music picked up as the girls matched its tone. Spectrum held her hands against her chest.

"Lord I love that demi-human hunk~! My heart's feelin' sunk~!" sang Spectrum.

"That demi-human hunk~! That demi-human hunk~!" the chorus began to sing along.

"I love that demi-human hunk~!" sang the girls and chorus in unison. Junior grimaced.

"I got to talk to the heads of production about their writing," said Junior.


It was midway through the play. By now, the hero had exiled himself from the land that he was in, abandoning the woman he fell for out of fear due to his curse being revealed to her. According to the script, they had recently finished the segment where the hero and a few of his friends have arrived in an Arabian village. Now Junior, Rodan, and Angirasu are on a boat with a random stranger. A fog machine is turned on off stage, while a haunting harmonizing choir echoed around them.

"You hear that?" The stranger said ominously. "That's the song of the sirens, they sing to lure their prey to their deaths"

"Well good thing we're not listening" said Junior unamused, knowing who and what is coming.

"Oh but this is not an alluring song" The stranger said. "It is an attack song!"

The harmonizing choir got louder and louder, creating the illusion that the sirens are getting closer. Rodan and Angirasu started to look in random directions.

"We got To Get Out of Here!" exclaimed Angirasu, as the music around him began to build up.

"Too late! They're already here!" screamed the stranger as The Dazzlings in their siren outfits emerged from the fog.

Both Aang and Rodan jump from the boat in a panic while the Dazzlings circled around them.

"Another day in the ocean deep~ I get no rest, I get no sleep" sang Adagio clearly enjoying her scene. "‘cause when I start to count my sheep~. You come around~"

"Maybe, we'll come back later okay?" stuttered Angirasu.

"I draw my shades and lock my doors~. Still you come for what ain't yours~" Adagio continued to sing. "Like a hound dog on all fours~. You sniff around and around and around~."

"You're gonna stay~. You're gonna stay~.You're gonna staaaaay~. Forever!~"

"Oh I wish we could stay but forever sounds like a long time!" Angirasu continued to stutter.

"Forever!~" sang Adagio.

"A-and I got a hair appointment!" Rodan added.

"Another night another game~. But all in all you're all the same~. For want to flame what swims around~" Adagio sang, while her sisters helped sing back up. "The people call you from the beach~. Your pretty girl~. Your perfect peach~. They're always out of reach~, When I'm around and around and around~"

"You're gonna stay~. You're gonna stay~.You're gonna staaaaay~. Forever!~"

Both Aria and Sonata began pushing and pulling Angirasu and Rodan in random directions in an attempt to terrorize them.

"You got some anger issues you know that!?" said Rodan.

"You think I like this job?~ I'm a glorified chaos bringer~. No one comes to rescue me~. So yeah, I'm a little bitter~. Adagio sang adding a little bit of anger in her voice. "I'm not a princess, no great beauty~. No one ever, ever, ever, ever wants me!~"

"You made her mad~" Aria and Sonata sang as the trio stalked/strutted closer to the two. "You're gonna die~"

"Don't even try to come around round and round round and round round and round~. Oh round and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and-"

"Ladies hold on! I've got something to say here!" Angirasu interrupted the Dazzlings singing. "First off we're not humans, we're demi-humans, there's a major difference. Secondly I'm not like those dolphin killing types you know why? Uhm?"

"I like a nice nice girl~" Angirasu sang. "I like a nice nice girl~"

"Sing it ladies!" Rodan addressed to the sirens.

"He likes a nice nice girl!~" Aria and Sonata sang in unison. "He likes a nice nice girl!~"

"And as for you, I think you're bluffin'~. Stompin' around all huffin' and puffin'~" Angirasu continued to sing. "You want to love, stop with the hatin'~"

"A Change of Heart~" Both Aria and Sonata sang.

"He's out there waiting~." sang Angirasu.

"He likes a nice nice girl!~" Aria and Sonata finishing Angirasu's song , while Adagio smiled warmly at him.

"Well, I hope you learned something valuable tonight." Angirasu said as he and Rodan turned around. "Now if you would excuse us, we'll be on our way."

Just as Angirasu turned around, Adagio turned him back to her with an all too familiar smirk on her face.

"What's wrong with you?" Angirasu asked as Adagio batted her eyes at him. "You got something in your eye?"

"I'm no princess, still he wants me~" Adagio sang before letting out a girly giggle. "No great beauty, but he wants me~"

"What the-!?" exclaimed Angirasu.

"No one ever, ever, ever, ever wanted me!~ sang Adagio with more excitement in her voice, she then pounced on Angirasu, clinging on to him tightly.
"So!~ You're gonna stay~. You're gonna stay~. You're gonna stay~. Forever~."

"I wasn't talking about me specifically!" exclaimed Angirasu as he tried to escape from Adagio's grip.

"I'm gonna love you Forever~. You're gonna stay with me~. Forever more~." Adagio continue to sing, she tightened her grip around Aang, cutting circulation around his waist. "You're gonna looooooooove Me!~"

The audience then applauded while Aiko remained deadpanned.

'If this school play sold tomatoes, I would have been throwing them all over this scene' Aiko thought to herself.


According to the script, the musical had recently finished the segment where the hero and a few of his friends met the three Sirens from the sea, near the desert. Right now, they were finishing up a scene that would send them into the third act.

There was music playing. The band began to play a tune that was almost upbeat, while the background was covered in fire. There were sets of rubble and steel beams lying scattered. Junior found himself facing off against another student, who wore red armor. The two stared each other down as the fake flames that blew from the fans hidden behind the fake rubble.

"All my life's been a series of fists in my face. And then suddenly I bump into you~," sang Junior.

"I was thinking the same thing! Cause like, I've been fighting my whole life to claim this whole space~. And maybe we can stop the talking, so I can kill you~," sang the villain as he drew out a sword prop. Junior did the same.

"But with you~" Junior stepped forward as he raised his sword.

"But with you, I've found my-," the villain sang in unison as the two clashed blades.

"Give me your face~," sang Junior with a glare. The two stared at each other down as the set began to change. Rubble seemed to be moved around by students in black and the background was getting changed to another room, as a firey background was shown.

"And it's nothing I've ever known before~," sang the two in a duet. The two circled each other, one striking the other with a sword, while the other blocked. The two would take turns with their attacks during their performance, moving in a slow fluid motion to match the song.

"Our clans are no moooooooore~! Our clans are no mooooore (moooooore)~! Our clans are no more~!" sang the two. Junior glared as he pointed at the villain. Trumpets began to play over them.

"Cause of you~."

"Cause of you~." the villain pointed back.

"No, you~." Junior got into a defensive position as he furrowed brow. The villain than got into a fighting stance with a look of hate on his face.

"No, you~!" said the villain.

"Our clans are no more....~" the two sang, before rushing to each other to clash blades. The audience watched in suspense as the two battled among the rubble and flames.

"The Spider Crabs will see the end of the Takashi clan, with your death!" declared the villain as he stepped back from Junior. The music began to pick up.

"I'll avenge my father, demon!" said Junior.

"I mean it's crazy~," sang the villain.

"What?" asked Junior in confusion.

"We finish each others-"

"Sandwiches!" exclaimed Junior. The villain scowled in annoyance and shook his head.

"That's not what I was gonna say," said the villain. The two began to circle each other again as smoke blew by their feet, and more fans of paper fire appeared around them to establish their arena was burning to the ground.

"I've never met someone who's this different to me~," sang Junior, while the villain of the play sang the last lyrics in unison.

"Jinx!" said the two. The villain kicked Junior, knocking him back with a laugh.

"Jinx again!" said the villain. Junior got back up and the two went back to clashing blades, faster.

"Our word synchronization, can't have but one explanation,~" sang the two in unison.

"You-" Junior pointed to the villain, who pointed to himself.

"And I, were not meant to be~!" the two sang. In the background, a pillar was lowered, as the sound of stone collapsing filled the air. More smoke blew as paper fire emerged from behind the pillar.

"Say goodbye (say goodbye) to the peace of the past,~. We are not gonna feel it anymore~!" Junior and the villain sang as they glared at each other.

"It's time to fight this waaaaar~!" the two sang as the music swelled.

"It's time to fight this waaaar~!" The two threw their swords to the side and charged toward the other. The grabbed each others shoulders as they began to struggle.

"Life could be so much more~," sang the two.

"Without you," said Junior.

"Without you," said the villain. Junior glared at him as he began to push.

"No you!" yelled Junior. The villain pushed harder.

"NO YOU!" shouted the villain.

"Life can be so much mooooore~." The actors sang as they pushed the other back. They had their fists raised, ready for the other to strike first.

"Can I say something crazy? WIl you marry me?" asked the villain. There was an awkward silence. The band stopped playing, and the audience laughed in amusement at the random bit.

"What the fu- NO!" said Junior. The villain merely stomped on the ground, prompting another prop to be lowered onto Junior. He cried out as he knelt down, allowing the pillar to gently fall over him. The music gave a small, gentle tune, while the villain laughed maniacally as he ran off to the backstage. Junior grunted as he pushed against the pillar.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," said Junior. The music ended, prompting the closing of the curtain. The audience applauded the scene.

"Man, who'd a thought that the one who killed Kujira's father was that demi human that he freed from the shadowy organization known as Diarch?" said Miwa. Aiko sighed heavily with an annoyed look.

"Uh huh," said Aiko.

"I feel like there's a lot going on in this play," said Mrs. Shou.

"What clued you in? The growing number of characters or subplots?" asked Mr. Shou with a deadpanned look.


During the play, there was a figure dressed in a dark cloak. He was surrounded by other students that were dressed in black. There was ominous vocalization from the chorus as the set was dark, with only small candle-like lights being the only source of light on stage. The figure removed his hood, revealing his old and wrinkly face. It was grotesque in appearance, as though the figure was rotting away. It was an impressive mask crafted by the art department of the production.

"Man they got that mask to look gross, it's awesome!" said Rodan from backstage with a grin. Music began to play.

"When a man acquires a certain age~. And the women who adored you no longer swoon~. It pays to avoid the sunlit days~. And live by the light of the kindly moon~," sang the old villain in a soft tone to the piano keys.

"But the moon grows old just like us all~, And her beautiful years are done~. So now she prays through endless days~. To take her revenge on the sun~," sang the old villain. The music began to pick up, with trumpets, the jingle of a xylophone filled the air. The old man began to pace about around the stage as more light revealed the dark architecture and ruins of the setting. Sheets littered the ground, mimicking snow.

"When I was a boy at my King's side~. Umbra, the royal shadow king~. Revealed to me in secret signs~
The mark of the magician~," the villain sang as the music picked up. "And Umbra was no dummy~. He did outrageous things with my Mommy~. And often the power he would thrive~. Would look better dead than they did alive~."

"I studied well I learnt the trade~. I thought my looks would never fade~. If I could find that recipe.~ To give eternal youth to me~." sang the villain, dancing through the ruins as his wrists bore long dark ribbons to simulate rays of magic that flowed from the sorcerer's hands.

"It was always my ambition~. To use the king's tuition~. And gain some small remission~. From the vagaries of time~," sang the sorcerer.

"Every little ray of sunshine robs me of my youth~. Who to blame?~ Who the one?~ Who to curse?~ You know the only one to blame~. Would be my enemy the sun~," sang the sorcerer as he pointed to the background, as a yellow ball was lowered down over the painted ruins.

"Snuff out the light, claim your right~. To a world of darkness~. Snuff out the light, neophytes~. Of a world of darkness~." The villain and the robbed figures sang in unison.

"Attar baby, turn me on~. Every wrinkle soon be gone~. I could squeeze myself with glee~! The promises you made to me~," sang the sorcerer as a brief image of a horned demon appeared on the wall, quickly fading from sight. "I've really stopped at nothing~. Murder, Treachery, and Lying~. Whatever it takes to keep my looks, You really can't blame a guy for trying~. HA! Snuff out the light, claim your right~. To a world of darkness~. Snuff out the light, neophytes~. Of a world of darkness~."

"I love villain songs," said Angirasu with a grin as he, and the other cast members watched from backstage. As the performance went on, Junior frowned.

"I feel like this play's over bloated with too many villains," said Junior.

"Yeah it seems like we got a Spider-Man 3 situation going on here," said Rodan with a nod of agreement.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine!" said Pinkie.

Then the theater went black. The sorcerer was covered in yellow glow in the dark paint giving off a greenish glow. In front of him was a girl with dark blue hair with light blue streaks strapped to a table.

"Snuff out the light~. Claim your right~. To a world of darkness~" Sang the sorcerer in a more maniacal tone. "Snuff out the light~. Here Tonight!!"

Then a plethora of glowing neon colored monster puppets attached to strings began to fly around the stage, while multicolored glow in the dark skeletons started to dance in the background, and students with glowing neon colored monster rod puppets ran around the audience in an attempt to scare them. However Aiko wasn't at all impressed.

"Apparitions of eternal darkness~. Spiraling in circles through the night~" sang the chorus. "Creatures of beguiling blackness~. No more squinting in the light~"

"Bats and owls and coiled sea dragons~. Crocodile and carrion beasts~" the sorcerer sang along with the chorus. "Swirling in the growing darkness~. Join us in the coming feast~"

"Spectre, wraith and apparition~. Spirit, demon, phantom, shade~" the chorus sang more chaotically. "Salamander serpents, dog-faced devils~. Dance and watch the dying sunlight fade!~"

Everything went dark, the entire audience roared in applause.

"That was one hell of a villain song!" exclaimed Mrs. Shou.

"I've heard better" muttered Aiko rubbing her temples.


The crowd sat in anticipation as they watched the stage. On the stage was a castle in the background, with an evening setting. Junior stood across from Twilight on stage. A soft tune played in the air.

"Oh! It's my favorite scene!" whispered Rarity from backstage.

"You've come back," said Twilight softly. Her expression that of joy. Junior merely smiled with a nod.

"I couldn't stay away. I only wished that I could've been the right man for you. I've... I've done many things I'm not proud of," said Junior, turning away. The music grew louder. Soft violins played as a flute whistled. The women in the audience were swayed by the solemn nature of the hero and the sadness of the heroine.

"I don't care about that. All I wanted was you," said Twilight, softly. Junior turned, his expression soft. Twilight began to approach.

"In a perfect world, one we've never known~. We would never need to face the world alone~. They can have the world, we'll create our own,~" sang Twilight. The music began to pick up with her tone.

"I may not be brave or strong or smart~. But somewhere in my secret heart~. I know love will find a way~. Anywhere I go, I'm home~," sang Twilight. She stepped over to Junior and took his hand. Though during this performance, her heart began to race in her chest as she held his rough hand.

"If you are there beside me~. Like dark turning into day~. Somehow we'll come through~. Now that I've found you~. Love will find a way~." Twilight smiled as she held Junior's hand. The audience watched. Mosura was mentally groaning, wishing that she knew that Junior was involved. She would have been able to act out this romantic scene as the heroine of this play. Now she could only watch and dream about it.

"I was so afraid, now I realize~. Love is never wrong and so it never dies~. There's a perfect world shining in your eyes~." Junior sang as he took Twilight's other hand and held it firmly. He failed to notice the blush on the girl's cheek as he was focused to not flub up his performance.

"And if only they could feel it too~. The happiness I feel with you~. They'd know love will find a way~ Anywhere we go, we're home~," sang Junior and Twilight in unison. The two walked the stage, as lights hung in the air, flickering as they mimicked the twinkling of stars.

"If we are there together~. Like dark turning into day~. Somehow we'll come through~. Now that I've found you~." The two teens stopped and locked hands again. They turned to face each other. Twilight's blush intensified as she stared into Junior's eyes, lost in the song and their performance. She knew what had to come next, and she wasn't sure if she could pull it off.

"Love will find a way~. I know love will find a way~." The two sang one final note. As the music died down, Junior noticed that Twilight wasn't moving. She looked to be petrified. He remembered this scene perfectly and she was the one to act. He mentally groaned.

'Hope they can deal with this,' thought Junior. He gently took the girl's chin and raised it up. Twilight softly gasped as the boy leaned in. She instinctively tilted her head as she stood on her toes to reach the taller boy. Junior's lips rested near her cheeks. But in the perspective of the audience, it looked like the two were actually kissing. There were some squeals and hoots from the audience, which caused Twilight to blush more.

"What?!" hissed Mosura in shock. Fluttershy deeply frowned in response as the two stood there, as the music ended. Meanwhile backstage, Adagio leaned against a wall with her arms crossed. A look of annoyance was on her face.

"Damn it. I wanted to be the one to claim those virgin lips," groaned Adagio.

"Adagio, you know they're not actually kissing, right?" deadpanned Aria. As the curtains closed and the applause roared in the gymnasium, Junior and Twilight stood back stage.

"Phew. I was worried I'd screw that one up," said Junior with a sigh of relief. He noticed Twilight to be standing anxiously as she looked down at the ground.

"You OK?" asked Junior in confusion. Twilight flinched.

"Y-Yeah! Yeah, I'm great!" tittered Twilight in embarrassment.

"Hey, not bad on your part, Twi. You really pulled through for this," said Junior with a nod. Twilight bore a warm smile.

"Yeah... You too," said Twilight.


There was a sets of miniature structures. Streets that bore chariots and rubble. The background was painted dark and there was an ominous chorus vocalizing throughout the scene. The dragon from the prologue emerged from under a blue sheet, as though it were water. The dark dragon roared as a puppet of a four winged reptile hung over head, shrieking. On the ground was another puppet, of a multi-limb reptile. The dragon began to make its way to the puppet on the ground, which was simulated to move and roar. Thunder filled the air along with the sound of stomps.

In the foreground, villagers were running across the stage, screaming in panic to simulate the experience. They commented on the horror of the creatures as they looked up and pointed, as though they were watching the monsters fight. Meanwhile, the dragon was facing off with the puppets. A low trumpet played over the scene, as a gong was struck. The trumpet continued on as the 'monsters' fought over the land. As the trumpet fell silent, the band began to play their violins, moving in a soft tune that grew.

"Kujira~! Kujira~! Mighty Kujira, fight for us~!" sang the chorus over the music.

"Kujira~! Kujira~! Mightiest King of all Titans~! Fight for us, Kujira~! Fight for us and we'll forever serve~!" sang the chorus. The costumed dragon, or Kujira, known in the current part of the story, fought the puppets with all of his might. As there was chanting, buildings fell over and the costume opened its jaws. From its mouth came a mist, with a blue light in the back to give it the illusion of blue flames. The flying reptile puppet was covered in the mist and fell to the ground. The dragon then grabbed the multi limb reptile and pried its jaws open. It then spewed the mist into its mouth. It then dropped the puppet to the ground, as more smoke rose. The dragon roared in victory, as audiences cheered.

"How did we go from giant monsters in ancient times to weird allegory for Transmutants in medieval time, to evil wizard cults and back to giant monsters?" asked Aiko incredulously.

"Who cares?! I'm having a blast!" said Mrs. Shou as she clapped.

The curtains closed for a few minutes. During this time, the set was getting switched out. Junior came rushing to the stage, wearing a torn kimono and covered in wounds produced by the makeup department. He sighed to himself as he lied himself down on a pile of rubble as the background was switched to a city in ruins. He gave Rarity a thumbs up, who gave a thumbs up in response. She spoke on her head set to communicate with the rest of the crew.

"Final scene. Here we go," said Junior to himself, closing his eyes. The curtains began to open, revealing Junior to be lying in the ruins. Twilight ran to him and knelt. She shook him frantically.

"Kujira! Please, don't leave! You saved the city!" cried Twilight. The rest of the cast gathered, bowing their heads in sadness at the fallen hero.

"Please. You can't leave," whimpered Twilight. She buried her face against his chest as she knelt over him. From backstage, Rarity and Pinkie were tearing up, as well people in the audience. They had spent the last hour or so watching this play and the tale of the hero, only for it to end in his demise. But then, Twilight gasped as she shot up. Junior began to cough.

"He's alive!" cried Twilight with joy. Junior raised himself up, wincing as Twilight embraced him. The rest of the cast embraced him as well.

"You scared us, my friend~ Don't think of doing something like that again!" said Angirasu. Junior chuckled weakly.

"No promises," said Junior. The audience applauded as Junior and Twilight stood up.

"Let's go home," said Twilight.

"Yeah. Home," said Junior with a nod. The music began to pick up a happy tune as the curtains began to close.

"And that concludes our story. While the villains still ran amok, Kujira and his band of demi humans will stop at nothing to protect the world from devastation," said the narrator. The audience cheered and applauded as the band played its final notes.

"Wait, it's over? Like that?" asked Aiko incredulously.

"What's wrong with that?" asked Miwa in confusion.

"They just said the bag guys were still on the loose! They're ending it right after the city was destroyed by giant monsters!" said Aiko.

"It's just one of those things. You know, some movies allude that there's still something unresolved but the immediate conflict is done," interjected Posey.

"Yeah, like how the Empire was still on the loose after Luke Skywalker blew up the Death Star," said Rainbow.

"But there were two more movies after that one!" said Aiko.

"Yeah, and in the books, the Empire was still around after the end of that trilogy," said Sunset with a shrug.

"That's not the- Ugh! Whatever," said Aiko in dismay as she slumped in her seat.

Meanwhile backstage...

"Wait, there's supposed to be more?!" asked Junior incredulously. Pinkie was looking through the script in confusion.

"Yeah! But this doesn't make sense! It just ends with Angirasu's character going to Neighpon to find Kujira's dead father's remains!" said Pinkie as she looked to the front and back of the script.

"I can't believe you missed that! We literally could've left a bad cliffhanger if we rehearsed and performed that!" said Twilight in alarm.

"Well where's the rest of the script?" asked Adagio in confusion.

"I just received a text from John and Paul! Apparently they forgot to write out the rest of the story and forgot to mention that they were gonna end it where we did," said Rarity as she looked at her phone.

"They forgot?!" exclaimed Pinkie, visibly growing angry. The teens recoiled.

"Uh... Pinkie, are you OK?" asked Rodan worriedly.

"This was supposed to be a professional production! And you're telling me they never finished the story?!" demanded Pinkie. Rarity tittered as she backed away.

"Pinkie, it's already a long play. Adding more shit would've just been too much," said Aria. Rarity's phone beeped, prompting her to look at it again.

"Oh dear. It seems that they've got together with the other proof reader and are in the process of planning the whole trilogy while working on a spin off," said Rarity.

"A trilogy?! The first one isn't even done yet!" said Twilight.

"A spin off?" asked Junior with an odd look. Rarity's phone beeped again.

"Oops. Make that two spin offs," said Rarity.

"I'm gonna kill those guys!!" yelled Pinkie as she stormed off.

"Pinkie, no! Calm down!" cried Twilight as she ran after the girl. Junior sighed.

"Oh boy. Come on, we better stop her," said Junior. As the cast chased after the pink haired girl, the lights began to shut off in the room. The gymnasium was cleared out of audiences. As the gymnasium went completely dark, a figured appeared in the center stage.

It was a man sporting a jacket, while bearing the antler of a dear, the horn of a goat, the leg of a goat, the other leg and tail of a dragon, the claw of an eagle, and the fore limb of a lion. He hummed as he sipped up chocolate milk that came from a small cotton candy rain cloud.

"Ah! Chocolate milk is always great after a wacky unfinished story," said Discord. He then noticed text to be in front of himself as they formed in the air. They appeared to be reflecting the ones that you're reading right now.

"Oh, hello readers! I hope you enjoyed this weird non canon chapter set in the Shy and Aggressive universe, to celebrate The Arrogance of Man's 5 Year Anniversary!" said Discord as he projected an image of the universe of which he came from.

"Boy, we sure have come a long way! And yet a certain writer has been lazing his FAT ASS about instead of writing!" said Discord with a growl. He then placed on a smile.

"Johng117 would like to thank you for sitting and reading his totally 'original' fan fiction set in the My Little Pony Franchise. What? Come on, even he would admit that "The Bridge" has more originality than this! Not to mention better written characters..." chuckled Discord with a mischievous look.

"And he would like to thank The PMB-Brony and Moongaze14 for putting up with his crappy writing and helping him not suck! Everyday he learns something new. And thank you most of all, the reader! Here's to another five years!" said Discord as he raised his glass

PreviousChapters Next