• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 8,982 Views, 696 Comments

The Arrogance of Man - Johng117



When man played God, he gave rise to beings of renowned strength. This is the tale of how one turned his curse into a blessing, with power from those long before him.

  • ...
89
 696
 8,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: The Elements of Harmony

Author's Note:

Equish is meant to be English in this universe. Neighponese is meant to Japanese.
Just keep that in mind ;)

Chapter 2

In the evening, the air was cold and calm. The stars hung in the sky as the moon castes its light down on the dark forest. Junior jogged through the dark forest, pacing his breaths. It's been a while since he last entered the forest, he was still in a blind fury. Junior stopped as he realized that he was running without a lead on his pursuit. Junior kneels on his right knee, focusing on his senses. He listened to the sounds of the forest and analyzed the smells. He heard the sounds of birds chirping, the wind moving through the leaves of the trees. Junior was lost in the sounds of the forest. He felt at peace, it had everything that he wanted for the last couple of years of his life. Solitude, one of the few things that helped him feel secure. If he could describe his perfect world, it would be one where he would be free and alone.

Junior's ears were suddenly assaulted with screams, snapping him out of his blissful state. Junior searched for the source of the screams, he then heard the sound of rocks rumbling, like a landslide. Junior broke out into a sprint as soon as he found the source of the sounds. As Junior was nearing his destination, he heard another scream. Junior then picked up his pace, shoving bushes and other plants out of his path. Junior made his way into a clearing in the forest, a tall cliff to his left. Junior noticed two Valkyrie's, one of them that he recognized as Fluttershy, carrying the Elf girl, who knew about Nightmare Moon, down to the ground. Junior also noticed that Pinkie Pie was there along with the Elf that had the indigo hair and the blonde Earth bound with the Stetson hat. Junior saw this as an opportunity to get some answers, and maybe find Nightmare Moon. Junior stepped out farther from his position, making his way toward the six girls. That was when Pinkie turned around, her face breaking into a smile.

"Hi Goji!" Waved Pinkie.

"It's Gojira!" Junior raised his voice, annoyed.

"Wait, Pinkie who is that?" asked the Elf that was carried by the Valkyries, who was dressed in what Junior recognized as a school uniform back in canterlot.

"Never mind that darling, wasn't he the one that threw the trash can at Nightmare?" The indigo haired girl questioned, her speech filled with an accent that Junior would compare to some people back in Canterlot.

"Hey yeah! She also shot him with her magic!" Exclaimed a rainbow haired Valkyrie, her eyes the color Rosemary. She wore blue jeans and a cyan shirt that matched her wings, an image of a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt on her chest.

The rainbow haired Valkyrie suddenly shot toward Junior, flapping her wings to keep her in one space. Junior stopped in his tracks, his eyes were locked with the girl who proceeded to hover toward him. Her eyes were that of accusing someone that did something wrong.

"Quite a coincidence running into you here if you ask me." Rainbow said suspiciously.

"Yeah? What of it?" Junior asked, clearly annoyed. He didn't have time for this.

"How is it that you managed to walk away just fine from that attack? You'd either be dead or in the hospital." The Valkyrie continued her approach.

"Um...Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy timidly called out.

"What are you implying?" Junior scowled at Rainbow, standing his ground.

"I'm implying that your in cahoots with Nightmare Moon!" Accused Rainbow, now close to Junior's face.

"I'm not in cahoots with anybody, and I'd appreciate it if you would get out of my face." Junior's voice low, keeping his anger under control.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do if don't tough guy?"

just then, Rainbow was yanked away from Junior by the blonde wearing the Stetson. Rainbow struggled, shouting that she could take him. Junior had his doubts about that.

"I'm mighty sorry about Rainbow here sugar cube." Said the blonde as she shoved Rainbow Dash behind her.

'Sugar cube? great, more nicknames.'

"But really, how are you still standing after that?" asked the blonde.

'Shoot, gotta think of an excuse!' Junior tried to think as many excuses as fast as he can. "I...I was wearing a chest guard. I was practicing martial arts this afternoon!" Junior kept a straight face, hoping that they would buy it. the blonde eyed Junior suspiciously.

"If you say so partner. Anyway, name is Applejack, pleasure to make your acquaintance." Applejack extended her hand.

"Gojira Takeshi, just call me Gojira" Junior looked toward Pinkie, making sure she got the hint. Apparently she didn't as she just smiled and waved.

Junior extended his hand to shake Applejack's. Applejack grabbed Junior's hand with both of her hands, shaking furiously. Junior had a little trouble getting his hand to stop shaking after she let go, but was able to stop on his own.

"One hell of a handshake you've got."

"Thank you" Applejack smiled.

"Rarity, pleased to meet you darling," greeted the indigo haired Elf.

'Darling?' Junior shrugged off his thought, "Hello."

Junior noticed that Fluttershy was hiding her face behind her long pink hair.

"I...I'm-" Fluttershy's voice becoming a whisper.

"Nice to meet you Fluttershy." Junior smiled, finding the girl's timidness to be cute.

Fluttershy turned her to Junior with a surprised look on her face.

"Wait, you heard her?" Asked Rainbow.

"Yeah, I have good hearing," said Junior nonchalantly. Even though he actually learned her name from Flitter, it wasn't a total lie.

"Whatever, I'm Rainbow Dash! The fastest flier of all of Equestria!" Rainbow proudly hovered above ground.

'Ah, she's one of those kind of people. The boastful type.' Junior thought humorously to himself. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"I know, you introduced yourself to me hours ago." Junior reminded.

"I know that, I just wanted to be a part of introductions!" Pinkie smiled.

Junior noticed the school girl was making her way toward him. This was the moment Junior noticed her height. She was the shortest out of all of the girls. He felt like he would crush her if he were to lie on her, she stood at least 5 feet. Rainbow stood at 5 foot 4 , Applejack was 5 foot 8, Rarity was 5 foot 7, Pinkie was 5 foot 5, and Fluttershy stood at 5 foot 6. Twilight was then standing a couple of feet in front of Junior.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle." Twilight extended her hand after she introduced herself.

Junior extended his hand, having a firm grip on her hand as they shook. Her hand was quite soft compared to Applejack's.

"It's a pleasure. I recall you saying that you knew who Nightmare Moon was. Do you have any idea where she is? Where she might have Princess Celestia?" Junior questioned.

"No, I have no idea where either of them are. We came out to the Everfree forest to find the Elements of Harmony." Twilight explained.

"Elements of Harmony? What are those?"

"They are six artifacts that were used a thousand years ago to banish Nightmare to the moon. They may be our only hope to stop at stopping her." Twilight looked down, the tips of her pointed ears slightly descended back.

"Well, we better find them." Junior walked past Twilight, a determined look on his face.

"Wait! This is going to be dangerous, you should go back to the town and let us handle this." called Twilight, attempting to stop Junior.

"I don't think so sister, only a coward backs down." Junior continued ahead.

"Are you crazy! Don't try to play the hero here, you'll only get yourself killed!" Shouted Twilight.

Junior stopped in his tracks. Silence, only the sound of birds and the wind could be heard. The girls grew uneasy, waiting for a response.

"I'm not doing this to be a hero Twilight." said Junior, breaking the silence, his back still facing the girls as he spoke loud enough for them to hear him.

"I'm doing this because I want to repay the princess for what she did for me." Junior turned, facing Twilight, his face filled with a serious expression.

"What did she do?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Tell you what, you let me tag along, we stop Nightmare Moon, we find the princess, and I'll tell you." Junior once again extended his hand, "Deal?"

Twilight was unsure, they had to find the elements as soon as possible. It was bad enough that the others were tagging along, the last thing she wanted was to involve another person in this dangerous task. On the other hand, he might be useful. Plus, what Junior said got Twilight curious, she felt the need to know. Twilight looked to the others, all shrugged in response. Twilight sighed as she made her way to Junior's position. Twilight gripped Junior's hand.

"Deal." Twilight sighed, giving in.

"Excellent," Junior released his grip. "Let's get moving, I want to get some payback from Nightmare."

Twilight took the lead with Junior following in pursuit.

"Sheesh, what a hard case." Rainbow whispered.

"Rainbow!" Hissed Applejack.

"What?"

"He might hear you!" Applejack whispered as shot Rainbow look.

"I wonder what he would've done if Dashie didn't move." Pinkie wondered.

"Hmm, something that a brute would do if you ask me. Fluttershy, what do you think?" Rarity asked.

"Me? W-well...I rather not say."

Junior overheard the other five girls, but he decided to pay them no mind.


The group of seven continued on through the forest. Rainbow Dash was just retelling the moment where she and Fluttershy saved Twilight.

"Yes Rainbow I was there, and I'm very grateful. But we gotta-" Twilight was cut off by a large lion with the wings of a bat and the tail of a scorpion, stepping in the group's path.

Twilight gasped. "A Manticore!" The beast roared.

"We gotta get passed him!" Twilight shouted.

The Manticore lunges at Rarity, swiping at her but misses. Rarity kicks the beast in his face.

"Take that you ruffian!" Rarity shouted.

The Manticore roared in rage in Rarity's face, causing her hair fuzz up from the force of the roar.

"My hair!" Cried Rarity.

The Manticore growled at Rarity, causing her yelp and to retreat. Junior rushed toward the beast, socking it square in the gut. The creature roared in pain, it swiped at Junior. Junior side-stepped to his left to avoid the paw. Junior then elbowed the creature's head, causing it to stagger. Junior made his toward the Manticore, when suddenly the creature used it's scorpion tail to impale Junior. Junior caught the tail before it could reach him, struggling to keep the beast's tail from breaking out of his grasp. Applejack then jumped on the back of the Manticore, riding it like a rodeo. Junior retreated from the creature to recover. Applejack was then knocked off of the Manticore.

"All your's partner." Applejack said casually as she flew past Rainbow Dash.

"I'm on it!" Saluted Rainbow.

"Wait!" Fluttershy called out to Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash flew around the Maticore at high speeds, creating a trail of a rainbow behind her. The Manticore smacked Rainbow away with it's scorpion tail.

"Rainbow!" Twilight cried.

Rainbow crashed into the dirt, groaning in pain. Junior helped Rainbow on her feet, then six of the seven teens charged toward the Manticore. Before they could clash, Fluttershy stepped between their path.

"Wait!!" Fluttershy shouted. Everyone including the Manticore stopped. Fluttershy made her way toward the Manticore, the beast growled at her as he slightly raised his paw.

"It's ok." Fluttershy soothed, as she rubbed the Manticore's paw. The Manticore then showed Fluttershy his paw, a thorn was stuck in it.

"Oh you poor little baby."

"Little?" Rainbow asked quizzically.

"Now this might hurt for just a second." Fluttershy pulled the thorn from the Manticore's paw. The creature roared in pain, taking her in his grasp.

"FLUTTERSHY!" The others exclaimed.

The Manticore licked Fluttershy, causing her to giggle and to baby the creature with her words. The others took the opportunity to walk passed the Manticore safely. Junior had no idea that he was holding his breath, exhaling in relief realizing that Fluttershy was fine. He was amazed at for such a timid girl, she was brave with ferocious animals. She didn't even attempt to attack it, she showed kindness to it. Junior wasn't always shown kindness by anyone other than Celestia and Blaire, he didn't complain. He never expected people to show him any, he just hoped they didn't bother him. The group continued their journey, missing the thorn transform into a blue mist and fleeing the scene.


The group continued their walk in the forest, Rarity had just started complaining about how gross the forest was to her and that her eyes needed a rest. They were suddenly walking toward a darker part of the forest, the trees blocking the moon's light. The group stumbled and bumped into each other as they tried to find their way through the forest.

"Oh wait, I think I stepped in something," said Applejack as she attempted to see the contents under her boot. Fluttershy suddenly screamed in terror.

"Its just mud." Applejack then noticed a large tree, with what looked like sharp wooden teeth.

Applejack yelped, the group noticed that there were more monstrous looking trees. The girls screamed in terror, Junior cupped his ears. Pinkie began laughing, making faces at the trees.

"Pinkie what are you doing?! Run!" Shouted Twilight.

"From trees?" asked Junior.

"Oh girls, don't you see? When I was a little girl and the sun was going dooooown-" Pinkie began to sing

"Wha?" Junior rose an eyebrow.

One Pinkie song later...

Junior found the girls all in a fit of laughter. Junior's eye twitched, trying to process what happened.

"Is this a normal thing that people do? Breaking out into song every now and then?" Junior asked himself. 'Then again, I'm in no position here to say what isn't normal.'


Junior lagged behind the group, as they all laughed and giggled. He was lost in thought, if...no when they found Celestia, what's next? Is he gonna go back to Canterlot and just lock himself back in his room? What kind of life is that? He didn't know, he did plan on leaving Canterlot to start his own life. But where would he go? Junior was tempted to just stay in this forest for the rest of his life. He'd wouldn't have to worry about other people. The forest seemed to have everything that he'd need. Junior sighed, he then noticed the girls were in the middle of talking to a giant purple sea serpent. Junior just stopped, thinking this might take awhile. He looked up at the night sky, looking at the stars above. Despite the night being made to last forever, there was no doubt that it looked lovely. Junior must have stared longer then he thought, he heard Twilight calling his name.

"Gojira, come on! We can cross the river!" Twilight called, standing on the serpents back with a few of the others.

"Coming." Junior decided to walk across the shallow water instead, feeling the cool water reach his shins.

"You alright man?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"Well for one, you could have walked on the serpent's back to get across." Rainbow stated.

"Oh, yeah I wasn't paying attention." Junior's voice was devoid of emotion.

"Are you sure you're alright darling?" Asked Rarity, her face showing concern.

"Yes, I'm fine. Wait, what happened to your hair?" junior asked, noticing Rarity's long hair was shorter.

"Oh, I cut it and gave it to the serpent. Poor dear lost part of his mustache." Explained Rarity.

"That's very generous of you," said Junior.

"Why, thank you." Rarity smiled.

The group continued on their way to find the Elements. They made it to where an old ruin lied not too far ahead. Twilight joyfully announced that they found the location of the Elements. Twilight broke off into a sprint, eager to reach the Elements of Harmony.

"Twilight, wait for us!" Applejack called, as the rest of the group followed in pursuit.

"We're almost there!" Twilight suddenly noticed that she was near the edge of a cliff, the bridge was down. Twilight attempted to keep herself from falling over the edge, flapping her arms in attempt to use the force to send herself back. Twilight suddenly felt someone grab her hand. She was yanked by a strong force and was pulled away from the cliff. Twilight's face landed against a sweater, feeling herself locked in a tight embrace. Twilight calmed her breathing, her adrenaline settling down. She looked to see her rescuer, she noticed the figure was larger then she was. Twilight craned her neck back and saw that Junior was slightly panting, holding her tightly a few feet away from the cliff. Twilight blushed as she realized her head was resting on a guy's chest. Junior released his hold on Twilight, oblivious to her reddening cheeks.

"Are you alright?" Junior asked, his tone filled with concern.

"Y-yes, I'm fine. Thank you." Stuttered Twilight, looking away.

"Your welcome," said Junior relieved. 'That was close.'

"What's with you and falling off cliffs today?" Rainbow asked.

Twilight looked down in embarrassment at the comment. The rest of the group had caught up to Twilight, Rainbow and Junior, finding the bridge down. Fog clouded the ground below the cliff.

"Now what?" Asked Pinkie in hopelessness.

"Duh." Rainbow responded, wiggling her wings and taking off.

"Oh yeah."

Rainbow flew down below the fog, flying back up with the front bride in her grip. Junior watched as Rainbow made her way to the other side of the cliff. That was when he heard the voice from earlier again.

"Takeshi-kun" The voice spoke softly.

Junior flinched, searching the forest with his eyes to avoid the girls seeing him make a fuss.

"Did any of you hear something?" Asked Junior.

"Nope."

"Nah"

"um...no"

"Nothing at all"

"No, why? Is there something out there?" Twilight asked concerned.

"No. It must of just been my imagination" Junior replied, dropping the subject. "Rainbow's been gone for awhile hasn't she?"

"Yeah your right." Twilight said, her tone uneasy. "Rainbow! What's taking so long?" Twilight called.

Rainbow was seen standing with three Valkyries with long blue hair, and dark purple and black jumpsuits.

"Oh no." Twilight realized what was causing her delay. "Rainbow!" One of the Valkyries noticed Twilight, suddenly the fog began to cover the bridge's path, obscuring their view.

"Don't listen to them!" Twilight called out.

Junior wasn't liking this one bit. They were too close to fail now! There had to be something that could be done. Something that could get Rainbow to stick with them. Just then, Rainbow flew back toward the group. She had secured the bridge.The girls cheered, Junior smiled at how loyal this girl was.

"See? I never leave my friends hanging." Rainbow flew to the other side as the group made their way to the other side.

'So that's what friends do? They stick by you? Wow, I've been missing out.' Junior continued on, walking behind the group.

The group arrived inside of the ruins, witnessing stoned orbs sitting on a stand. The group was in awe of the artifacts.

"Come on Twilight, isn't this what you've been waiting for?" Asked Applejack.

"The Elements of Harmony, we found them!"

Junior watched as Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash brought the Elements down. He was getting anxious at watching these delicate looking stones carried to the hard floor. Twilight herself was feeling the same.

"There is only five!" exclaimed Pinkie.

"Where's the sixth Element?" Rainbow questioned.

"The book said, 'when the five are present, a spark will cause the sixth element to be revealed'." Twilight explained.

"What in the hay is that supposed to mean?" asked Applejack.

"I'm not sure but I have an idea. Stand back, I don't know what will happen." Twilight kneels to the ground in front the elements, closing her eyes, a light brilliant raspberry colored aura engulfing her hands.

"Come on now y'all, she needs to concentrate," whispered Applejack.

The group made their way outside of the room toward the door. Junior was the last to leave, but before he could reach the door, he felt a chill run up his spine. Something was wrong. Junior heard Twilight yelp, he turned and saw that the Elements were pulled into a familiar blue mist.

"Twilight!" Junior shouted as he raced toward Twilight and the Elements. As Junior got closer to Twilight, she leaps toward the vortex, Junior followed in suit. Both of them and the Elements vanished into thin air.


Twilight coughed, covered in smoke. She heard another voice coughing with her. Twilight turned her head around and saw Gojira was rising to his feet. Twilight was surprised to him with her.

"Gojira?" Twilight asked, as she rose to her feet.

"Thought that you'd need some help. Turns out that I was right." Junior looked past Twilight.

Twilight followed Gojira's line of sight, she gasped as she saw Nightmare Moon, standing at the far end of the room. The Elements of Harmony were in her possession Nightmare chuckled darkly, lightning flashed around her. Twilight prepared to charge toward the dark Avatar, until she felt a firm grip on her right shoulder. Twilight turned and saw that Gojira was staring at Nightmare, with a menacing glint in his eye. Twilight felt uncomfortable seeing that look, she grew more concerned about what he was thinking.

"You get to the Elements, she's mine." Said Gojira.

'What?!' Twilight was about to verbally protest , but then Gojira released her shoulder and walked in front of her. Gojira stared at Nightmare, not saying a word.

"Your kidding. You're kidding right?" Nightmare raised her eyebrow, not amused by Gojira's challenge. Gojira responded by popping his knuckles, causing Twilight to flinch at the sound. Junior took a stance, his eyes locked with Nightmare's.

"I never joke about a fight. I'm taking you down." Declared Gojira.

"So be it. I'll teach you a lesson that you'll never forget boy!" Nightmare and Gojira charged towards each other, Gojira giving a fierce war cry.

"Gojira, no!" cried Twilight.

Gojira and Nightmare collided, Gojira wrapped his arms around Nightmare's waist, carrying her toward the end of the room. Nightmare grunted, as she began to punch Gojira in his face, attempting to get him to release his grip. Gojira merely grunted, shrugging off the pain, he then slammed Nightmare against the wall. Nightmare cried out in pain, feeling the force in her back. Nightmare shoved Gojira back, using her height to her advantage against him by kneeing him repeatedly in his jaw. Gojira caught her knee before she could strike him again, then he flung her to the the left side of the room, away from the elements. Nightmare slammed against the wall, falling to the ground. Nightmare glared at Junior, growling. Twilight was too amazed to move, an Earth born was taking an Avatar head on and he was able stand against her!

"Stop gawking, go now! I'm buying you some time here!" Gojira shouted as he rushed toward Nightmare.

Twilight snapped out of her daze and ran toward the Elements, taking advantage of the distraction. However, Twilight couldn't help but look at the battle. Gojira dodged Nightmare's punches and kicks, countering with his own attacks. Nightmare growled as she vanished from Gojira's sight. She reappeared behind Gojira. Gojira quickly turned and hopped backwards to put distance between himself and Nightmare. Nightmare shot her right arm forward, magic bolts were fired from her hand. Gojira ducked to avoid a couple of the bolts. Nightmare continued firing her magic at Gojira. Gojira side stepped, running to the side to avoid the barrage of bolts. Junior hid behind a destroyed pillar, taking cover from Nightmare's magic, the bolts chipped away the stoned pillar. Twilight couldn't see Gojira, but then she saw him pop back up from behind the debris, a large stone in his hand.
"Eat this!" Gojira threw the stone at Nightmare, causing her to aim at the incoming object. The stone shattered into a thousand pieces. Nightmare shielded her eyes with her arm to avoid getting the debris in her vision. Gojira hid back behind the Pillar, coming back up with a larger stone in his hand. Gojira sprinted toward Nightmare, his eyes filled with fury. Nightmare removed her arm and saw that Gojira was running toward her, she shot her arm forward again, firing another magic bolt. Gojira raised the stone that he was holding in front of him, using it to catch the bolt. The stone shattered, Gojira was left defenseless from her magic. However it was too late for that, he picked up his speed and then tackled Nightmare.

"GET OFF OF ME WHELP!!" Nightmare screamed in rage as she punched Junior across his face, attempting to get him off.

"Not until you surrender!" Junior shrugged off the punches, his cheeks were bruised as he returned some of his punches.

Nightmare's hand began to glow, she then used her glowing hand to punch Gojira, the force caused him to fly off of her. Gojira skidded across the room, rolling to a stop. Gojira got back onto his feet, his breathing heavy, his eyes filled with rage. Gojira growled as he charged back toward Nightmare. Gojira was risking his life for the Princess, he was risking his life for her to get the Elements. He went out of his way to help save her from falling off another cliff, and when she was about to take Nightmare on, he took her place willingly. Twilight concentrated on bringing the sixth Element, but then she heard Gojira yell in agony. Twilight turned and gasped as she saw that Nightmare had planted her foot on Gojira's chest, she was smiling like a mad woman as Gojira struggled to lift her armor covered foot off his chest. Gojira began to cough up blood, getting it on her foot. Gojira gasped for air, he looked like he was speaking to Nightmare, Twilight couldn't make it out.

"Come on, just one spark!" Twilight said to herself urgently. Twilight used her magic, causing the elements to light up. Nightmare disappeared into mist and appeared in front of Twilight. Twilight was blown away by the backlash of her magic that was transferred into the Elements. The Elements gave off magical sparks, connecting to each other and surrounding Nightmare beneath her.

"No! No!" Nightmare furiously denied her defeat.

The Elements suddenly stopped sparking. Twilight gasped.

"But, where's the sixth Element?!" Twilight exclaimed.

Nightmare laughed maniacally. She raised her foot and stomped where she stood, The force destroyed the Elements of Harmony. Twilight sat, stunned at what transpired.

"You little fool, thinking you could defeat me! You will never see your princess or your sun. The night will last forever!" Nightmare proceeded to laugh maniacally.

Twilight felt her hopes crushed into dust. The Elements were their last chance at saving Equestria. Without them, they couldn't stop her. Nightmare Moon had won.

Twilight then heard the voices of the other girls calling her.


Pain. That's what Junior felt. His chest had collapsed when Nightmare stomped on him, he had difficulty breathing. He couldn't move, he felt weak. He noticed that Nightmare had destroyed the Elements of Harmony. Junior closed his eyes in despair, they lost. He had lost. Junior was holding up well with his battle with Nightmare. He was close to keeping her down, but he hesitated. He didn't know what happened, but he knew what he saw when he got a closer look at Nightmare's face. He felt sick inside at what he saw, he felt worse about what he was about to do. He felt like an animal for even being close to doing it. Junior heard muffled voices, he was in so much pain that he couldn't hear what was going on. Junior felt his eyes assaulted by a bright light, his eye lids were unable to shield him from the intense rays. Junior rolled onto his belly, attempting to stand. Instead, Junior's arms gave in to the pain and his weight, causing him to flop back on the floor and black out.

It must of not been that long since Junior had passed out. He heard his being name called, Junior stirred as he fought to wake up. He inhaled deeply, forcing his eyes open, he then rolled back over onto his back. Junior's vision was blurred, he couldn't see a thing. He was only able to make out a lavender form, with a sapphire blue top. Junior felt something shaking him, and his name being called repeatedly. The voice sounded distraught, as if someone was afraid that he was dying. Junior's vision came into focus, he saw the ceiling of the room that they were in, that was when he noticed Twilight kneeling next him wearing a golden tiara. Twilight had tears streaming down her face, she smiled as she saw Junior looked her way. Junior rose into a sitting position, Twilight immediately wrapped Junior into a tight hug, as she sobbed into his shoulder. Junior noticed that the others were in the room with them, all looking relieved. Junior felt that Twilight was still crying, he wrapped his arm behind her and patted her back.

Twilight managed to stop crying. Twilight released Junior, as she sniffled and wiped the tears from her cheeks. She gave Junior a warm smile, Junior returned the smiled. Junior placed one of his hands on his knee and the other on the ground, using the whatever strength that he had to stand.

"No! Don't stand, your hurt!" Twilight attempted to keep Junior from pushing himself.

"I'm fine. I...I almost got it." Junior was now kneeling on one knee, taking deep breaths. Applejack rushed to Junior's left side, about to help him stand.

"Here partner, let me give you a hand," said Applejack.

"I said I'm fine!" Shouted Junior, the girls flinched at his tone. Rainbow shot Junior a dirty look, Junior ignored this and managed to stand back on his feet.

"Gojira, she was just trying to help you," said Twilight.

"Thanks, but I don't need it." Junior stretched, grunting as he popped his joints.

Twilight stared at Junior in disbelief, she crossed her arms and looked away, "Jerk." She scoffed.

Junior rolled his eyes, "I've been called worse. I'm getting some air outside." Junior walked off, the girls staring at him from behind.

"I can't believe him." muttered Twilight.

Junior knew that they would think that he came off as harsh when he refused Applejack's help. He could have done it in a different way but she may have insisted. He hated getting help from others, he wanted to be the one that could stand on his own. If he couldn't do that, than he would be weak. Junior was near the corner down the hall until he heard a familiar voice that echoed in the room. Junior's heart skipped a beat as he recognized the motherly tone. Junior turned and saw a bright orb descending down near the girls.

"Is it really-?" Junior asked himself. Celestia appeared in a flash of light, spreading her great white wings displaying her glory.

The girls bowed in the sun princess's presence. Twilight gasped happily.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight ran toward Celestia, being wrapped into a tight hug.

"Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student!" Celestia joyfully hugged the short girl. "I knew you could do it."

"You told me it was an old fairy tale." said Twilight, confused by Celestia's last words.

"I told you that you needed to make some friends, nothing more," Celestia explained. "I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon's return, and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her. But you could not unleash it until you could let true friendship into your heart. Now if only another will as well." Celestia turned toward a small Avatar girl who lied on the floor. She wore a grayish phthalo blue dress, her wings matched the color of her dress and she wore a small light cornflower blue crown upon her head. Her hair was a very light Azure. Around her were pieces of armor that were worn by Nightmare.

"Princess Luna." Celestia made her way toward the small Avatar. The girl gasped as she saw Celestia approaching. "It has been many years since I have seen you like this." Celestia kneeled by Luna, who looked away from her.

"It's time for us to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together my sister."

"Sister?" Twilight and Rainbow asked in Unison.

"Her sister? Oh my god." Junior started to hyperventilate. He closed his eyes, trying to calm his breathing. He couldn't think about this right now.

"Will you accept my friendship?" Asked Celestia. Everyone in the room was extremely quiet, waiting for Luna's response.

Luna stood and wrapped her sister into a tight hug as tears ran down her cheeks. "I'm sorry! I missed you so much big sister!"

Celestia returned her sister's hug, tears beginning to run down her cheeks as well. "I missed you too."

Junior sighed, feeling happy for Celestia. Yet he felt empty inside. Junior turned back around and was making his way back to the hall. Junior was about to round the corner again until he heard Celestia's voice.

"Junior?" Junior stopped in his tracks.

"Junior, where are you going?" Asked Celestia. Luna, Twilight and the others looked to Celestia in confusion, then looked back at Junior who was still frozen in his tracks.

"Wait, wait. Did she call you 'Junior'?" Asked Rainbow, confused.

"I...I thought you'd want some time alone with your sister. Your family." Junior started walking again, but he felt a light force holding him on his right shoulder. Junior looked at his shoulder and saw that it was covered in a golden aura.

"But not all of my family is here with me." Celestia smiled. Junior was at a lost for words. It touched him to hear her say those words.

Junior turned back around and walked toward the sun princess, Celestia opened her arms and embraced Junior. Junior felt her warmth take hold of him, taking in the affection that he haven't had since he lost his mother.

Pinkie began to sob, tears flowing uncontrollably out of her eyes. Pinkie suddenly stopped, "Hey, you know what this calls for?".


Junior found himself back in Ponyville. The citizens were celebrating the return of Celestia and her younger sister Luna. People were happy to see the return of their princess, things had went back to normal. Junior then remembered something, he still had something to tell Celestia. Junior had heard the sudden cheers of people in town, something he must of missed. No matter, that wasn't important. He would have to wait a little longer before he would tell her. Junior sat down at a bench, looking down at the ground, waiting for the crowd to clear up. Junior noticed a figure approaching his peripheral vision, he turned his and saw Luna standing next to him, a sad expression on her face.

"We are sorry for harming you Gojira, we were wrong for our actions." Luna looked away.

'Why is she-? Oh, she must be using the royal we' Junior stood and looked toward the Avatar. "We all make mistakes," said Junior. 'However, some have made mistakes that had completely wronged me. I can never forgive them.'

Junior noticed that Celestia was having a conversation with Twilight, the rest of the crowd had dispersed.

"Excuse me, there's something I have to talk to Celestia about." Junior walked off, making his way toward Celestia.

As Junior was getting closer, Celestia noticed Junior. Junior waited patiently for Twilight to finish, she noticed Junior standing there waiting.

"Oh, did you want to speak with the princess?" Asked Twilight.

"Yeah, I won't be long." Junior approached Celestia, motioning her to follow him. Celestia followed Junior a few feet away from Twilight. "Celestia, you have been there for me ever since I was a little kid. I am grateful of that, I'm grateful that my dad had met someone like you."

Celestia smiled at Junior's words, but wondered what he was getting at.

"Celestia, I want to move out of Canterlot." Celestia's eyes widened in surprise.

"Deary, are you sure?" Asked Celestia. Junior nodded in response.

"The city isn't a place for me. I want to find something for myself, I think I can do it here in this town." said Junior.

"Oh...well, you are old enough to make your own decisions. I guess I just forgotten that even you had to grow up sometime." Celestia's voice began to break, tears were welling up in her eyes.

Junior frowned as he hugged Celestia. "I'll always remember what you did for me. I want you to know that you have been the closest thing that I had to a mother, and that I love you."

"I love you too, son." Celestia hugged Junior tightly, wishing that he was still the little boy that she knew.


Canterlot. A few hours later...

Junior began packing his things from his now former room. His clothes, toothbrush, books, and his personal journal. Junior walked out of the room, holding his bags. As Junior walked out of the door, he noticed Blaire walking down the hall.

"Hey Goji." Greeted Blaire.

"Hi, what's up?"

"I'm here to escort you to Ponyville." Informed Blaire, a sad smile on her face.

"Oh." Junior noticed this, feeling upset to see her face like this.

"So your leaving me kid? Your big sis?" Asked Blaire.

"I'm sorry. I just think I might find my calling there, whatever it is. I really hate to leave you and Celestia behind." Junior looked down.

"Well, we better get going," said Blaire.
"Yeah, lets go," replied Junior. Junior followed Blaire down the hall, looking around the rooms. His mind went back to the day he first came to Canterlot. Junior never smiled, his eyes were devoid of all emotion. All he did was breathe and live, unfeeling. He felt that he would never be happy again, no hope in his life. Junior looked to Blaire, her sight facing forward.

"Blaire, do you remember the day we met?" asked Junior. Blaire turned her head to Junior.

"How could I have forgotten? You were cutest little guy that I had ever saw!" cooed Blaire. Junior's face turned red in embarrassment.

"S-shut up!" stuttered Junior. Blaire giggled at Junior's blushing.

"Aw don't be like that! Anyway, why do you ask?"

Junior sighed looking forward, "Well, I wanna know something."

"Hm?"

"Why did you do it? Why did you approach me that day? I mean, I'm not ungrateful that you did, but why did you do it?" Asked Junior.

"Why? Why not? Goji, I saw you hanging around the castle a dozen times. Out of all of those times, not once did I see a smile on your face. When I think of children, I picture them with big bright and contagious smiles on their faces! Filled with life and joy, not a care in the world! But when I saw you, I didn't see that." Blaire looked down, recalling the past.

"What I saw was a lonely little boy, a boy who looked like he just lost something so dear to him. You looked dead inside, and it scared me to see someone as young as you were like that. When I asked the Princess about you, she told me about how you lost your Mother and Father and that you didn't have any living relatives there for you. I felt so terrible hearing that, I could even tell that the Princess hated telling me, like she wished that wasn't the truth." Blaire and Junior continued on, nearing the exit of the castle.

"When I was growing up, I pretty much had all that I needed. A nice home, some friends, and even my parents. I realized that I had taken all of that for granted when I found out about you. There I was, daughter of a noble family and training to be a royal guard. I had my life handed to me on a silver plate. Then I saw you, someone who had lost everything that he had. It broke my heart seeing you like that." Blaire felt her eyes water, she quickly turned her head as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I...I then thought you needed somebody to talk to, I decided to be that somebody," said Blaire.

Junior walked as he looked down, recalling the moment he met her. That was when Junior remembered something else.

"But you would've been a better guard than you are now. You could have been one of the Elite if it wasn't for me in your way!" Blaire stopped walking when she heard Junior spoke those words. She immediately glared at him, causing him to recoil from her.

"Do you think I care about that? Do you really think that I should have just left you alone even when I saw that you were clearly suffering?!" Blaire stomped toward Junior, her tone was sharp. She grabbed him by his sweater, bringing him slightly down to her height.

"I did it because I wanted to! So what if I didn't focus on getting better? Who cares about that? Seeing your face brighten up during your childhood was the thing that mattered the most to me. You became the little brother that I never had Goji, don't you see that? Why do you feel that you don't deserve to be treated with kindness?" Tears ran down Blaire's face. She wrapped Junior into a tight hug as she sobbed. Junior felt terrible, why did he ask such a stupid question like that? It should have been obvious why she did it. Maybe it was because he felt like he didn't deserve kindness, refusing help was one thing, but this was another. Junior wrapped his arms around Blaire, trying to comfort her.

"I'm sorry Blaire, I just..." Junior couldn't finish his sentence. He didn't know what to say to make up for this.

"Goji..." Blaire sniffled, "I know something else is bothering you. Something that you aren't telling me or the Princess. Please, just tell me what is it?"

"I..." Junior couldn't tell her. He just couldn't risk it, it wasn't worth it. But, maybe he could, but not now. "...I'm not ready to talk about it. But when I am, I'll tell you."

"Promise?" asked Blaire.

"I promise," said Junior. Blaire smiled as she began to hug Junior even harder.


Ponyville, 8:30 P.M.

Junior and Blaire had made their way into an empty house that had four rooms, a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchen. The house was near the fields, where a large bell tower stood and a few houses along with a cottage. Near these homes was the edge of the Everfree forest. Junior set his bags down, looking at his new home.

"Yep, this will do it," said Junior.

"Nice and roomy Goji." Smiled Blaire.

"Well, I guess this is it." Junior smiled weakly.

Blaire walked up to Junior and wrapped him in a hug. She was shaking as she hid her face from Junior. Junior felt like breaking down, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Don't talk like that you big dummy. It's not like you're going away forever," Said Blaire, struggling to keep her voice from breaking.

"No, its not." Junior chuckled, as he returned Blaire's hug.

"Come back and visit us sometime, OK?" Blaire pulled away, her eyes watery.

"I will." said Junior.

Blaire had left Junior alone in his new home. Junior began to unpack his things, placing his clothes in their proper places in his drawer. Junior sat at the kitchen table, writing in his journal.

Journal Entry #59.

The legend of Nightmare had turned out to be true. She escaped her imprisonment in the moon at this year's Sun Summer Celebration. Celestia had went missing, Nightmare threatened to leave Equestria in eternal night. I didn't like that, not one bit. So I decided to pursue the dark Avatar, willing to crush her to get Celestia back. I found myself in a dark forest known as the Everfree, feared by the locals, but interesting to me. This forest may seem unnatural to the humans of Ponyville, but I felt more of a connection to it. I felt at peace, a feeling that I have long since forgotten. I don't know if it was the way it functioned without the aid of magic, or the fearsome beasts that inhabited it. But it was as if I was welcomed there, something that I may not be if people were to learn about me. I ran into six girls who were searching for the Elements of Harmony, artifacts that were used a thousand years ago to defeat Nightmare Moon. The names of these girls don't matter, I may not be running into them again. Anyway, I tagged along to find the Elements to stop Nightmare. We eventually made it to the old castle of Celestia, finding the Elements. One of the girls who knew about the Elements was about to take on Nightmare Moon on her own when she appeared again. I stepped in, she didn't stand a chance against her, plus I wanted to get back at Nightmare for striking me with a magic lightning bolt, nearly compromising my secret. It also hurt like hell, but it could have been worse. I fought Nightmare, delivering blows to her while she returned some. I didn't back down, dad always said that to back down from a battle meant to die at the hands of your enemy. However, as I was delivering stronger blows, I saw something. Something in her face, her eyes, that scared me. It was a blur, but I saw her face turning from a wicked looking woman, to a young woman in despair. I realized that my fist was going to deliver a blow to her skull, the image caused me to hesitate. She took advantage of that, striking me in the stomach. She was attempting to finish me, but I kept struggling. I refused to die there, not when everything was going to be like this. Nightmare was defeated by the Elements of Harmony, they are now worn by the six girls, as necklaces with gems shaped as their cutie marks. Celestia had returned, she knew about Nightmare's return. Nightmare was Celestia's younger sister. I felt worst hearing that, I was fighting her sister. I was even close to killing her! I think it's getting worse, my strength may have increased with my senses, but I've become more aggressive when in stressful situations like this. I fortunately haven't transformed but this is just as bad. It's hard for me to not react strongly when threatened. My god, what have I become?

Now, I am living in the town of Ponyville. I have been hearing a feminine voice. She knows that I speak Neighponese, she even knew my last name. I don't know what's going on. I just have to wait and see.

PreviousChapters Next