• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 8,983 Views, 696 Comments

The Arrogance of Man - Johng117



When man played God, he gave rise to beings of renowned strength. This is the tale of how one turned his curse into a blessing, with power from those long before him.

  • ...
89
 696
 8,983

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 59: Magical Duel pt. 2

Author's Note:

I appreciate your patience guys. I apologize for being delayed constantly to update this story and my other story. Since winter break is rolling around, I hope to upload more typed chapters for you guys!

Twilight grunted as she attempted to cast a spell on a flower that stood before her. Soon, the flower closed until it was no longer blooming. Twilight smiled brightly at her success, but the flower suddenly bloomed open. Twilight groaned in frustration as she glared at the flower.

"It's impossible! How can Trixie know such advanced magic?!" asked Twilight. Junior stood by as he kept his eyes on the dome. He sighed, worried for the well being of his friends.

"Without Spike, I can't send a message to the Princess! So, who else do I know who understands strange and powerful magic?" wondered Twilight. She then gasped as her eyes brightened up.

"Wait, that's it!" cried Twilight in delight. Junior turned to face her with a raised brow.

"What is?" asked Junior.

"I can ask Zecora to help! Maybe she might now something!" said Twilight. Junior nodded in understanding.

"OK. Let's hurry," said Junior as he and Twilight walked towards the Everfree forest.


Meanwhile...

Mosura, Angirasu, Erika and Rodan all were bound in their prisons inside of City Hall of Ponyville. They all shot Trixie a glare as she made demands towards the remaining Element Bearers. Fluttershy glanced at Angirasu with a deep frown as she and Rainbow carried a flag onto a wall which depicted Trixie's head with a pointed hat in a black silhouette.

"This is bullshit," said Rodan as he sat in his small cage.

"Amen," said Angirasu in agreement as he rattled his chains.

"This girl must be out of her mind if she thinks she can just take over an entire town and rule over it with Avatars for rulers of the nation," said Erika as she stood with her arms and legs bounded by chains.

"Shh. She's coming over here," whispered Mosura. Trixie approached them with a smirk.

"I must say, I've never seen Transmutants up this close before. You're not as tough as people make you out to be," said Trixie in disappointment.

"How about you let us out and we show you what we can really do?" suggested Rodan as he locked his claws around the cage bars.

"Hmm. No, I don't think so. You all will do fine as my personal pets," said Trixie.

"Pets?!" exclaimed Rodan in offense.

"Was that called for, miss?" asked Angirasu.

"Well, you certainly aren't going to be let out to roam around," said Trixie as she levitated a plastic bag filled with cookies. Mosura's eyes widened as she noticed that they were the cookies that she and the others had made. Trixie opened the bag and began to eat the cookies.

"Mm. These are exquisite to Trixie’s taste buds! Who made these?" asked Trixie.

"Mosura did!" answered Sonata as she pointed towards the female Transmutant. Mosura's eyes widened in response. The Sirens swam in a large pool of water with chains on them. Their fish tails had replaced their human legs.

"Sonata!" said Adagio as she sent Sonata a piercing glare.

"What? She was asking," said Sonata with a shrug. Trixie turned to face Mosura with a hard stare.

"You will tell me how to make these cookies," said Trixie. Mosura snorted.

"Yeah, I don't think so. It's a family recipe and I'm taking it with me to my grave or passing it down to either my children or someone closest to me," said Mosura as she turned her head away. Trixie growled in annoyance as she levitated Mosura closer to herself as she grabbed her cheeks. Mosura grunted as she felt her cheeks being squeezed.

"I demand that you tell me, Transmutant!" said Trixie.

"No, because one, you're not very kind. Two, my mother made me promise not tell anyone, and three, you don't deserve it," said Mosura as she pulled her face away. Trixie sighed in annoyance as she forced Mosura away.

"Fine! It's probably for the best anyway. Those cookies are a heart attack waiting to happen," said Trixie as she walked away with the bag. Mosura sighed as she looked down at the ground.

"I hope Gojira and Twilight are alright," said Mosura.


Elsewhere...

A train was rolling along the tracks across the land. Battra and Megaguirus sat beside each other as they looked at the compass that pointed to the Avatar Amulet. The needle was pointing southwest for the artifact's location. Battra sighed as he leaned back and placed the compass back into his pocket.

"I never imagined that finding this stupid thing would be such a chore. If only we could just transform and fly to find it," said Battra.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," said Megaguirus. A man came by with a cart filled with sweets. Megaguirus smiled as she leaned over Battra as she waved to him.

"I wonder if Sombra's servant is having any trouble to find that other object like we are," said Battra in thought. Megaguirus handed the man some bits and took small plates that held slices of cheese cake.

"Cheer up. Here, have some cheesecake," said Megaguirus as she handed Battra a plate.

"Thank yo- Wait, where did you get the bits to pay for this?" asked Battra in confusion.

"Your pocket," said Megaguirus as she ate her slice of cheesecake. She moaned as she tasted the sweetness of the sweet. Battra reached into his left pocket and found that his bag of bits was loosely tied. He scowled in response.

"You know, you could have just asked me to pay for it. I didn't take you to be sneaky as a thief," said Battra.

"Oh, you flatter me! I am quite sneaky," said Megaguirus with a coy smile. "But I would have asked. Except that you were too busy worrying about the artifact,"

"Right," said Battra as he rolled his eyes. He then began to eat his slice of cheese cake. He sighed as he savored the taste.

"This is pretty good," said Battra with a smile. Megaguirus sighed as she looked out the window with a bored expression.

"You know, I'd like to hang out with you again," said Megaguirus. Battra looked at her with a raised brow.

"But aren't we already hanging out? We're on a mission together," said Battra.

"No, I mean actually hang out. Like go see a movie or have dinner or something," said Megaguirus with a scowl.

"So... Another date then?" asked Battra. Megaguirus lightly blushed as she avoided eye contact.

"S-Sure. You did say you'd take me out again, didn't you?" asked Megaguirus in a soft tone. Battra cleared his throat as his cheeks flushed.

"I did, But... Right now isn't a good time. Maybe soon," said Battra. Megaguirus sighed as she nodded.

"Yeah, maybe," said Megaguirus. She then glanced at Battra. "Do you have plans for the holiday?"

"I did. But I've sort of dropped them when we lost the lair in Neighpon," said Battra.

"Well, you can make new plans," said Megaguirus with a small smile. Battra smiled back.

"Yeah, I can," said Battra. He then turned to fully face her.

"Would you like to make plans with me as well?" asked Battra.

"Heh. Sure," said Megaguirus as she leaned against Battra's shoulder.


Two hours later...

Junior stood by in silence as he was inside of a hut. Inside with him were Twilight, Fluttershy and a Zebrican woman with dark skin and white hair with grey stripes. Her neck was covered in several golden rings and her ears had golden ear rings. Her left wrist bore a few rings as well. Her clothing comprised of a zebra pelt top that exposed her belly and shoulders, exposing her Cutie Mark of a grey spiral sun. Her legs were covered by a long skirt that was also made up by a zebra pelt. Her physical appearance bore more muscle compared to average women in Ponyville, clearly showing this woman to be athletic.

"Shy, can I ask you something?" asked Junior.

"Oh. Sure," said Fluttershy with a nod. Junior looked at her with a blank expression.

"What the heck are you wearing?" asked Junior as he gestured to Fluttershy. She was wearing a tight, dark grey sweater with teal gloves on her hands and bunny ears over her hood. She wore sweat shorts that matched the color of her sweater and teal knee high socks. Over her forehead was a pair of goggles. Fluttershy hid her face in embarrassment.

"Rarity came up with it. She said it was the perfect outfit for a dangerous mission," answered Fluttershy.

"Hmph. Figures," said Junior with a neutral expression. Fluttershy cleared her throat as she turned to face Twilight.

"Anyway, the more Trixie uses the Avatar Amulet, the more it will corrupt her!" said Fluttershy. Twilight sighed as she stopped pacing around the hut. Fluttershy was explaining the entire situation at Ponyville and what she and the others had learned about the source of Trixie’s great power.

"But how am I supposed to beat that amulet? My magic's not good enough," said Twilight as she took on a look of worry. The Zebrican woman turned in her seat to face Twilight.

"Twilight Sparkle, much work have you done. You learned all of my lessons, all but one," said Zecora, in a thick Zebrican accent. "If Trixie's tricks have you in a fix, you must mix your magic and use the six,"

"Mix your magic and use the six," muttered Twilight as she analyzed the words in her head. Junior stood by in silence as he watched Twilight repeat the words a few times as she attempted to understand it. He certainly couldn't be of help given that he was no good at solving riddles. Twilight's eyes brightened up as she gasped.

"Use the six! Zecora, you're a genius!" said Twilight. Zecora nodded in approval. Twilight levitated a quill and parchment over towards the table and started to write.

"Now we'll need to get you back into Ponyville, Fluttershy!" said Twilight. Junior scratched his head as he decided to continue deciphering the rhyming riddle. He sighed.

"I'll bite. What was this grand revelation?" asked Junior with a shrug.

"You'll see!" said Twilight with a smile.


"This is not going to work," said Junior with a scowl as he stood before the dome with Zecora and Twilight. They found that Ponyville was covered with dark storm clouds that were kept inside by the barrier. It was quite an ominous and gloomy sight to behold for the once colorful and bright town.

"Have a bit more faith, Gojira! This will work! Just stick to the plan," said Twilight.

"Why can't we just burst through this thing and snatch that amulet from her neck? We can end this sooner," said Junior.

"Impossible. The amulet has a magic lock that prevents anyone but the user to remove it. We have to make her remove it herself," said Twilight. Junior sighed.

"Or we could just knock her head off and save time," muttered Junior. Twilight looked at him with a raised brow, missing what the Transmutant had said.

"Huh?" asked Twilight as she tilted her head. Junior turned to face her with a false look of confusion.

"Huh?" asked Junior. Twilight was about to ask what the Transmutant muttered but then shook her head.

"Uh...never mind. Let's just alert her," said Twilight. Junior nodded as he turned towards the barrier and made his way towards it. He started to punch the barrier, which sparked and made red flashes where his fists connected.

"Trixie!!" called Junior in annoyance as he continued to punch the barrier.

"Uh...just punching it one time will do," said Twilight.

"No, let me have this. Otherwise I might end up using these on her smug, arrogant face," said Junior as he continued to punch the barrier.

"OK, you can keep hitting it," said Twilight as she placed her hands behind her back with a nervous smile.

An hour had passed. The group sat down outside of the barrier in silence as they waited for Trixie's arrival. Junior wore a bored expression while Twilight continued to go over her plan in her head. Zecora sat down with a cup of tea in her hands, taking a small sip. Junior sighed in exasperation.

"Does she not care if someone is trying to get into her barrier?" asked Junior.

"Well, it took you ten minutes to get bored with hitting the barrier. Maybe she's coming right now," said Twilight.

"Now I'm bored with waiting around," said Junior as he stood up to his feet and glared at the barrier. He scowled as he slumped his shoulders.

"Nevermind, she's almost here. Damn, has she ever heard of wheels?" asked Junior. Twilight and Zecora stood up and found Trixie sitting on a large bed with a golden top and frame. Snips and Snails were being forced to drag the heavy bed across the field.

"This better not be another false alarm or the Great and Powerful Trixie will-" Trixie gasped as she found Twilight standing at the barrier.

"You!" shouted Trixie with a glare. She made her way over to the end of the barrier.

"What's the matter Twilight Sparkle? Not enjoying your exile?" asked Trixie in a mocking tone.

"I know about the Avatar Amulet. I know you cheated," said Twilight as she pointed an accusing finger towards Trixie.

"Cheated? Moi?" asked Trixie with a look of innocence.

"Yeah, and I thought you might want to see what a real magical amulet looks like," said Twilight as she levitated out a golden amulet with a green glass object in the center.

"Zecora gave it to me. It's from beyond the Everfree forest and it's way more powerful than your measly Avatar Amulet!" said Twilight as she clipped the amulet around her neck. She even gestured towards Junior.

"I have even been able to tame one of the fiercest Transmutants! He is my servant!" said Twilight. Junior looked at her in confusion.

"Excuse m-" Junior was interrupted as Twilight shot him a glare. The Transmutant mentally sighed and kneeled before Twilight as he took her hand and kissed it.

"I live to serve you, mistress," said Junior as he bowed his head. Twilight smiled smugly at Trixie, who looked on with slight interest.

"Please, allow me to kiss your beautiful feet," said Junior as he looked up towards Twilight.

"Wha-" Twilight's cheeks flushed brightly as she stared at Junior with wide eyes. Trixie's brow raised at Twilight's reaction. Twilight shot Junior a glare of embarrassment as the Transmutant smirked.

'Hey, you wanted me to be convincing. If I'm playing as your servant, let's make it convincing,' thought Junior. Twilight cleared her throat.

"Maybe later, if I'm feeling like rewarding you for your loyalty," said Twilight as her cheeks burned with her blush. She mentally cringed at her answer, feeling such embarrassment coming from her response.

"Impressive, right?" questioned Twilight as she looked towards Trixie.

"Ha! Nothing's more powerful than the Avatar Amulet! And nobody's more powerful than the Great and Powerful Trixie!" declared Trixie.

"Care to put your amulet where your mouth is? How about another duel?" suggested Twilight.

"Pfft! Why should I? I've already beaten you," said Trixie with a smug smile. Junior growled in annoyance. Twilight merely shrugged in response.

"That's up to you! But I guess you'll never see the totally awesome magic from beyond the Everfree Forest. Come on, guys," said Twilight as she began to lead Junior and Zecora away from the barrier. Junior leaned closer to her.

"I told you that it wasn't going to-"

"Wait for it," said Twilight as she kept a small smile.

"Wait!" cried Trixie from behind the barrier.

"There it is," said Twilight as she glanced at Junior. Trixie used her magic to teleport from behind the barrier and next to the trio. She bore a look of annoyance.

“OK! OK! You’re on! We’ll have a rematch to determine who is the most powerful Elf in all of Equestria!” said Trixie. She then pointed to Junior.

"But if I win, and I will, you will be my servant!" said Trixie.

"Why? You're into guys kissing your feet?" asked Junior with a raised brow. Zecora snorted in amusement.

"Wha- No! No, I want you to be my personal, tamed guard dog! Gross!" said Trixie in disgust.

"No, it's gross when they're dirty. Besides, there's more disturbing and gross stuff one could be into," said Junior. Twilight elbowed Junior's rib.

"That's enough, servant. You're mine, remember?" said Twilight with a glare and a hint of jealously. Junior caught this and cleared his throat with a nervous smile.

'Better stop messing around. Damn, what's wrong with me today?' thought Junior.

"Of course, mistress," said Junior. Twilight nodded in approval.

"Just so you know, Trixie. I won't go down easy," said Twilight with a determined smile. Trixie smirked.

"Very well. Now that we're in agreement, let's get started!" said Trixie as she snapped her fingers, causing the group to appear next to the bed chariot. Trixie hopped on the bed and pointed forward.

"Onward, Snips and Snails!" ordered Trixie. The boys groaned in exhaustion as they struggled to pull the bed back to Ponyville. Twilight looked on with a deadpanned stare.

"Um...go on ahead. We'll catch up," said Trixie as she lied back on her bed.

"You know, wheels would help," said Junior.

"Trixie doesn't trust wheels," retorted Trixie. Junior rolled his eyes as he and the other two humans walked ahead. Twilight made her way to Junior's side.

"Mind explaining to me what that was about you wanting to kiss my feet?" questioned Twilight.

"Hey, you never specified what sort of servant that I was. I thought she'd be into that. She comes off as a type that would like to dominate guys," said Junior with a shrug. Twilight looked at him in confusion.

"Wait, where did this side of you come from?!" asked Twilight.

"I have no idea. Rodan was talking me and Angirasu's ears off one time about different kinds of girls that he knew. Trixie's nasty personality and her treating the boys as slaves made me think back to that. I swear I don't normally think like that," said Junior.

"No more hanging out with Rodan for a while," said Twilight in a scolding tone.

"No more hanging out? I live with him," deadpanned Junior.

"Hey, I'll drag your butt to my place if I have to keep his disturbingly vast knowledge of that stuff out of your head!" said Twilight.

"Too late. Besides, I once knew a girl that was dominant towards guys like he described," said Junior with a scowl. Twilight got in his face with a glare.

"Was she prettier than me?" asked Twilight. Junior recoiled in response with a look of confusion.

"No. I mean, she was pretty. But uh..."

"It's best to just say no, lest you wish to risk sounding low," whispered Zecora as she stepped closer to Junior. The Transmutant cleared his throat in response.

"No, she wasn't, Twilight," said Junior. Twilight stared into his eyes for several seconds but then smiled brightly.

"OK! Just curious," said Twilight as she went back to walking. Junior sighed in relief while Zecora nodded in approval.


Later. Miles outside of Ponyville.

Battra and Megaguirus stood outside of the train that they were riding with wide eyes. Several other passengers were standing with them as they murmured among themselves. Battra pulled out his compass and was surprised to find the arrow to be glowing purple. He looked back to where everyone was staring. The town that was ahead was trapped inside of a great dome made of glass. Inside of the dome were storm clouds that flashed with lightning. The engineer stepped out of the train engine and made his way to the crowd.

"Sorry folks. I wasn't aware of anything like this. We're going to have to wait for whatever is going on to end or unless the Princesses are already getting to the bottom of what's going on," said the engineer.

"What if they don't know? They might not even be able to see the clear dome!" said a woman from the crowd.

"We should ride to Canterlot and inform her!" suggested a man. People argued about what they should do for the situation. Battra tapped Megaguirus's shoulder and gestured for her to follow him. Megaguirus was led away from the crowd and out to the field. Just a mile away was the glass dome that cut them off from the train station.

"What's up?" asked Megaguirus.

"I have a feeling that the Avatar Amulet is here," said Battra as he showed her the compass. Her eyes widened in surprise as the needle glowed.

"Why is it glowing like that?" asked Megaguirus.

"I assume that it's an indicator that we're getting closer," said Battra. Megaguirus glanced warily at the dome.

"Are you sure it's in there?" asked Megaguirus.

"Can you think of any other reason why there's a giant dome with ominous storm clouds over Ponyville?" deadpanned Battra.

"Eh... aliens?" suggested Megaguirus with a shrug.

"Doubtful. If we're talking science fiction come to life, I expect something more subtle or advanced," said Battra as he looked at the force dome and ran towards it.

"Hey, wait up!" cried Megaguirus as she followed Battra. He skidded to a halt as he approached the dome and began to analyze it. He pulled out a bit and then tossed it at the glass, making it spark and give buzzing sound.

"Interesting," said Battra. Curious, Megaguirus placed both of her hands on it. She jumped as she felt her body rattle from the buzzing.

"Ooh! It vibrates," said Megaguirus with interest as her voice began to distort. Battra looked at her with a raised brow as he noticed a grin on her face.

"What are you doing? I wouldn't touch that if I were you," said Battra as Megaguirus closed her eyes.

"Do you believe in life after love~?" sang Megaguirus as her voice gave a sound of auto tune. Battra rolled his eyes.

"Good lord, that is so dumb and childish," said Battra. Megaguirus scoffed.

"Hey, don't be so uptight! Join in!" said Megaguirus. "Do you believe in life after love~?"

In reluctance, Battra made his way over to the dome with a sigh. He then stood next to Megaguirus, who gave him an eager smile. Battra placed his hands on the glass dome. He felt his forearms vibrate from the magical power that influenced the glass dome.

"I can feel something inside me saying~..." Battra started to sing with his own distorted voice, prompting Megaguirus to grin.

"...I really don't think you're strong enough, no~," sang Battra and Megaguirus in unison. The two shared a laugh together.

"Wow, I can really feel it in my forearms," said Battra. Megaguirus nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Usually you would have to pay for something to make your voice sound like this," said Megaguirus. Battra shuddered.

"Oh gosh, I feel so relaxed," said Battra with a sigh. Megaguirus sighed as she lied herself against Battra.

"Can we take a moment to relax? I had a terrible nap on the train," said Megaguirus.

"As much as I would like to sleep comfortably, we can't. Come on, that's enough fooling around," said Battra as he removed himself from the dome. Megaguirus moaned in disappointment as she followed Battra around the dome.

"Alright, how are going to get inside?" asked Megaguirus. Battra hummed as he looked at the dome.

"Well, we can't go around it since the amulet could be anywhere in town. We can't go over, so we'll just have to go under," said Battra as his hands became three clawed insect appendages. He sighed in relief as his hands finished transforming. He then knelt down near the dome and proceeded to scratch at the grass, tearing away grass and dirt.

"I'd help, but my normal hands become some useless pincer claws," said Megaguirus as she looked at her hands.

"That's alright. Just keep watch to let me know if anyone is coming," said Battra as he continued to dig faster. Megaguirus sat down beside Battra as she watched the crowd still locked in an argument.

"You know, I think I had an idea for the next day," said Megaguirus with a smile.

"What's that?" asked Battra.

"Karaoke," said Megaguirus as she glanced at Battra. He shrugged in response.

"Sure, sounds fun," said Battra.

"Oh good. Here I thought you were a stick in the mud," said Megaguirus in relief.

"Ha ha! Very funny," said Battra, sarcastically. He spent the next two minutes digging a trench by the dome. He sighed as he wiped sweat from his brow.

"OK, that should do," said Battra. Megaguirus looked at it with a raised brow.

"Can you fit in there?" asked Megaguirus.

"I'm not that much larger than you," said Battra in offense.

"Hey, it's not like I was calling you fat!" said Megaguirus with a laugh. She proceeded to crawl into the trench and under the dome. She stood up to her feet with a smile and turned to find Battra crawling through the small trench as well. She knelt down and pulled Battra up to his feet before smacking the dirt off of his jacket.

"Well, where to?" asked Megaguirus. Battra was about to answer but then noticed several flashes of red magic. He hardened his eyes.

"It looks to be near town hall. Come on," said Battra as he began to run down the road. Megaguirus looked at him in confusion as she ran at his side.

"So, what are we going to do to get it?" asked Megaguirus.

"Simple, we threaten them if they refuse to relinquish such power," said Battra.

"And if they don't?" asked Megaguirus. Battra sighed.

"I hope you aren't reluctant to take a life that isn't a MONARCH soldier's," said Battra. Megaguirus looked away briefly and then back to Battra.

"I think I'll be fine with it. As long as it's for the future of our group," said Megaguirus. Battra nodded to her with a small smile.


Junior stood by with shackles bounding his body as he stood with his fellow Transmutants. This was insurance to ensure that he would not interfere with the magic duel. Rodan sighed as he sat in his Transmutant chicken state, locked in a cage. Junior glanced at the city hall and found the Sirens to be looking through the window inside of a tank with anxious expressions. Their mouths were sealed by metal plates that wrapped around their heads.

"They must have tried their singing magic on her," said Junior.

"And it almost worked too," sighed Rodan. The citizens watched as Twilight cast spells on Pinkie, creating a plume of smoke and to reveal that she was playing ten instruments at once. The mouth-less Earthbound played the instruments around Trixie, tormenting her with the sounds. They witnessed Twilight change Applejack into a male version of herself, much to everyone else's shock. As she was changed back, Applejack was left into a dazed state. Twilight smiled triumphantly.

"Well Trixie, looks my amulet is more powerful than yours- Hey!" cried Twilight as she felt her amulet unclip and removed from around her neck. She shot Trixie a glare.

"Give it back!" shouted Twilight. Trixie laughed maniacally as she levitated the amulet to herself.

"With this amulet, I shall rule all of Equestria!" laughed Trixie as she removed the Avatar Amulet, which gave red sparks. Her glowing red eyes flickered, as did her magic aura, before turning into their normal light pink color.

"Witness my subjects. Gaze upon an even greater and more powerful, Trixie!" said Trixie as a flash of lightning struck. She gave another laugh but gasped as Rainbow Dash zipped through the air and snatched away the Avatar Amulet.

"Hey! Oh, I don't need that old Avatar Amulet. I have this!" said Trixie as she fired pink sparks of magic towards Rainbow, causing her to jolt into the air. Rainbow started to laugh hysterically as she covered her back.

"Stop it! Haha! That tickles!" laughed Rainbow.

"Tickles? Tha-That was supposed to make writhe in agony. This amulet is defective!" said Trixie as she shot another spark of magc. Rainbow dodged the sparks and flew towards Zecora, who held open a wooden box.

"Sorry, but this is going back into hiding. Where it belongs," said Rainbow as she placed the amulet inside. Trixie growled as she glared at the Valkyrie. Twilight made her way over to the Elf and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"By the way, Trixie, the amulet around your neck? It's one of Zecora's doorstops," said Twilight. On cue, the rock object on the amulet fell to the ground and shattered into pieces.

"But...how did you do those spells? Nobody can do those spells!" cried Trixie.

"You're right. Not even me," said Twilight. "Zecora taught me so much about magic while I was in exile. She even taught me when not to use it. My magic alone wasn't powerful enough to take on the Avatar Amulet head on, so I needed to use a different kind of magic – the magic of friendship. I also knew that the only person who could get the amulet off your neck was you,"

'Oh. Now I get the riddle,' thought Junior in embarrassment.

"But... what about the girl with the ten instruments?" asked Trixie in confusion. Twilight laughed.

"That wasn't magic. That was just Pinkie Pie," said Twilight as she turned to face the mouth-less Earthbound playing ten instruments at once. Twilight then turned to face Junior with a smug smile.

"And you said that the plan wasn't going to work," said Twilight. Junior rolled his eyes.

"Fine, you were right. I'm mature enough to admit that, thank you," said Junior. The crowd erupted into cheers as they approached Twilight for liberating them. The Transmutants found their shackles to have dispersed into red sparks along with the dome overhead. Soon, the clouds dispersed, revealing the sun, but Rodan scowled in response.

"Hey, I'm still a chicken!" cried Rodan as he clucked. He suddenly burst into a plume of smoke, much to the horror of his friends that were nearby.

"Oh my goodness! Rodan exploded!" cried Fluttershy, bearing the appearance of Rainbow Dash with her hair hidden by a rainbow wig and her clothes being an imitation of Rainbow's. As the smoke dispersed, Rodan was revealed to be his normal self.

"Ha! I'm back, baby! I'm handsome again!" cried Rodan as he pumped his fist into the air. Junior grunted in relief as he shook off the discomfort that he had from the shackles. As the humans cheered for Twilight, Zecora and Rainbow made their way over to the Transmutants.

"So, where do you plan on hiding it? We can help," said Junior.

"Thank you but your help will not be needed. Fret not over the hiding place now, for a foe was defeated," said Zecora with a smile.

"How do you come with rhymes so easily?" asked Junior in an impressed tone. He felt a tap on his shoulder and found Pinkie to be handing him a note. The other Transmutants and humans looked over his shoulder in curiosity as he read the note.

"'It's not easy. At least not for the author, which is why Zecora is hardly around'?" read Junior in confusion as he glanced at Pinkie. The mouth-less Earthbound winked in response.

"I don't get it," said Erika.

"Eh. Pinkie is a bit of an odd ball, but I guess that's part of her charm," said Junior with a light smile. Pinkie appeared to be tearing up and immediately wrapped her arms around Junior and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Alright, alright," said Junior in embarrassment. As Pinkie released him, the sound of loud crashing was heard from the town hall. Erika, Mosura and Angirasu rushed towards the building. As they burst inside, they found the Sirens soaked with water as they lied in a mess of broken glass and puddles.

"I can finally hear myself talk again!" cried Sonata with joy as she flapped her fish tail against the ground.

"Greaaat," said Aria and Adagio with scowls. The three Transmutants rushed over to the Sirens and removed their sweaters to give them to the Sirens before carrying them away from the wet floor.

Back outside, Junior stood by as he walked away from town with his hood on. He thought it'd be best make himself scarce before anyone flipped out about him being in town. He then caught a familiar scent.

"That smell. It smells so good. But where have I..." Junior's eyes widened as he sensed someone sneaking from behind him.

"Long time no see, handsome~" sang a feminine voice in a seductive tone.

"Oh, son of a bitch," said Junior as he immediately whipped around and found Megaguirus with her fist reared back. She sent a strong punch against his face, causing him to stagger back. A few people nearby gasped as they witnessed the assault. Megaguirus chuckled as she ran towards Junior and delivered multiple kicks towards him. Junior growled as his hood came off and then caught Megaguirus's leg.

"You!" growled Junior.

"Little help!" cried Megaguirus with a nervous expression. Junior gasped as he found a dark figure dropping at his side.

"Battra!" growled Junior as he narrowed his eyes.

"Takeshi," greeted Battra with a hard stare. He then shot towards Junior and jabbed his hand against Junior's elbow, causing him to release Megaguirus and to cry out in pain. Battra then forced his hands towards him, pushing Junior towards a lamppost with his telekinetic power. Battra quickly glanced at his compass and found the needle to be flashing as it pointed ahead. He looked up and found Zecora standing with wide eyes as she held onto the box that contained the amulet. Battra smirked as he held his hand out, using his telekinesis to pull the box away from the woman.

"We'll be taking that," said Battra as he took the box into his arm.

"Hey, give that back!" ordered Rainbow as she and Applejack stepped forward with glares. Battra hardened his eyes.

"No, I think we'll be taking it off of your hands. It looks like it's causing you too much trouble," said Battra. He then turned and his eyes widened as he found Junior charging towards them with the lamppost in his grip.

"Yeah, the fuck you are!" shouted Junior as he swung the lamppost. Battra and Megaguirus ducked under the lamppost.

"Hey!" said Megaguirus as she rushed towards the Transmutant. Junior growled as he brought the metal object into the air and slammed it towards Megaguirus, who side stepped out of the way. She then leapt and kicked Junior in the jaw and sent him staggering back. She gasped as she found Rodan charging towards her with his fist reared. Megaguirus then smirked as she planted her feet firmly and reached for Rodan's fist. She caught his arm and slammed him to the ground at her side and then stomped on his back.

"Too slow!" said Megaguirus. She grunted as she was tackled to the ground and found Rainbow Dash over her with a glare.

"That's my line!" said Rainbow as she reared her fist back. Megaguirus moved her head to the side, dodging Rainbow's fist. She then headbutted the Valkyrie away, who cried out in pain. As Rainbow was forced off of Megaguirus, Battra caught her with his remaining arm and forced her to the side. Applejack caught Rainbow Dash before she could fall back. Rainbow moaned in a dazed state as her forehead grew a bruise. Rodan growled as he got back onto his feet while Junior tossed the lamppost onto the ground.

"Oh, you did not just hit my girlfriend!" growled Rodan. Battra and Megaguirus's eyes widened in shock.

"Girlfriend?! With a human?!" The Revolutionaries exclaimed in unison.

"Shut up, don't be a bigot," said Rodan in disapproval. Junior stepped forward as he flared his nostrils.

"Battra, give us the Avatar Amulet. It's too dangerous!" said Junior.

"Not as dangerous as protecting the humans that suffered from a Transmutant attack," said Battra as he glanced at the humans that stared warily and fled the area as they screamed.

"Revolutionaries!" cried a woman.

The Element Bearers rushed towards the feuding Transmutants with anxious expressions.

"Battra, things are different for us here. We're free to live among these people," said Junior. Battra shook his head.

"Yeah, except you. Still being ostracized by the humans, Takeshi?" questioned Battra with a sigh. "I pity you,"

"Save it. I don't want it," said Junior with a glare.

"You can't take the amulet! You're endangering yourself with it!" said Twilight. Battra sent her a glare.

"Silence! This isn't your business!" said Battra.

"Hey, you look over here! I don't want you looking at them! Especially her!" said Junior as he snapped his fingers. Battra looked at him with a raised brow and then smirked.

"Hmm. You haven't changed your feelings about humans, at least not much," said Battra.

"We're done here, Takeshi. The Avatar Amulet will guarantee our survival, you just don't know it," said Battra. Junior was about to attack again, but then recalled Mosura's request.

"Wait! Your sister is here!" said Junior. Battra stopped in his tracks with wide eyes. Megaguirus stared at Battra worriedly and then glared at Junior. Battra gave a bitter chuckle as he turned to face Battra with a hard stare.

"That's a dirty move, Takeshi Gojira. Mosura has been dead for months. We both saw her killed by that damn soldier," said Battra.

"That's not cool, Gojira," said Megaguirus in disapproval. Junior took a step forward.

"Battra, I'm not lying to you. She's alive! She wants to talk to you!" said Junior. Battra scoffed.

"You think I'm going to lower my guard because you're telling me some lie about my sister being alive?!" demanded Battra as his eyes flashed purple.

"It's true! She is alive!" cried Fluttershy.

"Be quiet!" shouted Battra as he turned his attention towards Fluttershy. She whimpered in fear as she found his glowing eyes.

"Hey, leave her alone!" said Rodan as he stepped forward. Battra snarled as he fired his eye beams towards Rodan, sending him against a building wall.

"Rodan!" cried the Element Bearers. Junior growled as he charged towards Battra. He then grunted as he was levitated into the air by the Transmutant's telekinesis. Battra forced Junior into the ground, causing it to crack around himself. The Transmutant turned to find Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Twilight rushing towards the Revolutionaries.

"Give it back, you punk!" said Rainbow as she flew towards Battra. The male Transmutant merely stepped forward as he used his telekinesis to direct the Valkyrie into the ground and then used it to force Applejack away. As Twilight approached, she fired several bolts of magic, which the Transmutant dodged. He then used his telekinesis to levitate Twilight into the air. The Transmutant glared at her while Twilight stared fearfully.

"Battra, don't do it. She doesn't deserve it," said Megaguirus with pleading eyes. Battra glanced at her and then at Junior, who struggled to his feet. He sighed as he dropped Twilight onto the ground. He turned and walked away.

"Let's go," said Battra as he began to run away. Megaguirus nodded as she ran after him.

"Battra!" shouted Junior as he got onto his feet and pursued the Revolutionaries. From the town hall, Mosura burst out of the doors with wide eyes.

"Brother?" gasped Mosura as she found Junior pursuing the Revolutionaries. She gritted her teeth, but then she steeled her nerves and ran after the Transmutants, running passed her friends. The opportunity to see her brother again and convince him to return was here, and she intended to take advantage of it. Mosura ran through the streets and reached Junior's side.

"Battra!" called Mosura. Battra gasped as his heart skipped a beat. He skidded to a halt and turned around with wide eyes. Megaguirus skidded to a halt as well.

"What are you doing?! We have to..." Megaguirus's voiced trailed off as she found the two Guardians. Mosura and Junior stopped running as they stopped.

"No... that's impossible," said Battra in a soft tone. Mosura trembled in place as she stared at her brother. She glanced at Junior, who gave her a nod.

"Go ahead," said Junior. Mosura stepped forward as she steeled her nerves.

"Battra, I'm right here," said Mosura with a sad smile. Battra shook his head.

"No! No, you aren't here! This is a trick!" said Battra as he backed away with a frantic expression. Memories of his actions came flooding back to him. All of the guilt that he held for hurting his sister and attacking her came into his heart. It was as though her spirit had return to haunt him for hurting her.

"No way," said Megaguirus.

"It is me! I'm still alive!" cried Mosura. Battra trembled in place as he stared at his sister as she approached him.

"No, stay away from me!" said Battra as he bumped into a carriage. Mosura continued to approach Battra and then raised her hands. The male Transmutant dropped to his knees along with the box that held the Avatar Amulet. Mosura knelt down and wrapped her arms around Battra into a tight hug. Battra's eyes widened in shock as Mosura buried her face into his shoulder.

"It's me, big brother. I'm right here with you. It's OK if you hate me, because I'll always love you," whispered Mosura as her eyes watered. Battra shakily raised his hands as his eyes watered.

"No, I'm..." Battra wrapped his arms around Mosura, much to her surprise.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry that I hurt you! I don't hate you, little sister!" said Battra as he began to sob. Mosura smiled joyfully as she tightened her hug on her elder brother. She softly wept as she held her brother.

"I'm so happy to hear that," said Mosura. Megaguirus lightly smiled as she stood with her arms crossed. Junior made his way over to her side with a small smile of his own. Megaguirus then glanced at him.

"Usually you'd be trying to beat me into a pulp when you’re this close," said Megaguirus. Junior glanced at her.

"Yeah, and you'd try to hit on me while kicking me in the face," said Junior. Megaguirus lightly chuckled.

"Right, sorry. But...I think this is nice," said Megaguirus. Junior looked away with an unsure expression.

"I guess. Kind of awkward right now," said Junior. The twins released each other from their hug as they stood up. Battra took the box into his arm. Junior noticed that the Element Bearers, the Sirens, Zecora, and the rest of the Transmutants were rushing over to the area.

"Hey, why aren't you guys kicking their aaa...oh," said Rodan as he noticed the twins with tear stained cheeks.

"What about the other Revolutionaries? What about the free Transmutants that are in danger of MONARCH's forces?" asked Battra.

"Battra, the Revolutionaries have twisted their idea of survival from MONARCH. You've killed innocent people. Your group is malicious and sick minded!" said Junior. Battra sent him a glare.

"We're just doing what we need to do to survive! What would you have done if you were in danger?!" demanded Battra.

"I...I don't know. I guess I would have fought back too, but only the soldiers. I wouldn't involve innocents," said Junior with a hard stare. Twilight stepped forward with a hard stare.

"If you take that amulet, you won't be able to live with yourself when whatever purpose it's going to be used for hurts innocent lives. Not that you would care," said Twilight. Battra sent her a glare as he clenched his fist.

"Live with it? How do you know what I have to live with?" demanded Battra. Junior and Erika tensed as they prepared to strike, should the other Transmutant attack.

"You have no idea what I've done and what I live with!" shouted Battra as he pointed to himself. He then pointed to other Transmutants.

"Unlike all of you, I was forced to kill my first human when I was thirteen years old in self defense simply because I was an experiment. Don’t talk to me about innocent humans!" shouted Battra. The humans and Sirens stared with wide eyes.

"You killed as a child," said Rarity in a soft tone.

"I've dedicated my life into wiping out all of the humans and anyone else that threatened us, all in the name of survival! I pledged my life to the Revolution! I swore on my soul that I would protect my fellow Transmutants and my little sister!" said Battra. He then gestured to the area around them.

"Now look where I am. I've hurt my sister and I'm part of a dwindling group. I have to put my trust in another human to protect my friends and their children! She doesn't even know the truth and I can't bring myself to hate her like the other humans!" said Battra.

"Battra...you changed," said Mosura.

"He has. I've seen it myself," said Megaguirus as she looked at Battra with a light smile. Junior analyzed Battra's words and his anger. Although the Transmutant was part of terrorist group, he was sincere in his quest to protect other Transmutants. He didn't admire his methods, but he did admire his dedication for the protection of Transmutants.

"Battra, you don't have to be a part of that anymore. You can turn away now," said Mosura as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a plastic bag filled with cookies. Battra's eyes widened in shock.

"Those are..." Battra's hand was taken by Mosura's. She opened his palm and placed the bag into his and gently closed it.

"Mom and Dad wouldn't want you to be living like this. They'd want you to be happy," said Mosura with a sad smile. Battra held the cookies in his hand as he looked at the other Transmutants, who greeted them with smiles, excluding Junior and Erika.

"I..." Battra looked down at the ground. Before he could answer, a portal suddenly appeared behind them. Everyone gasped as they portal swirled in the middle of the road.

"What is that?!" exclaimed Adagio. From the portal, emerged several dark armored figures. One skeletal armored figure stood before them as well.

"Thanatos!" growled Erika. Thanatos turned his attention to the two revolutionaries.

"Battra, Megaguirus, what are you doing?" asked Thanatos.

"Tha-Thanatos?! How did you find us?!" asked Battra.

"We tracked your teleportation stone," answered Thanatos. He then raised his hand as the other armored figures got into a fighting position.

"Now, hand me the Avatar Amulet and return to the temple. Your loyalty shall be rewarded," said Thanatos.

"Who are you?! What do you want with the amulet?!" demanded Rainbow.

"Silence, girl. Battra, time is running out," said Thanatos in a stern tone. Battra gritted his teeth as he glanced at Mosura.

"Battra, don't do it," said Mosura. Junior, Erika, Rodan and Angirasu charged towards the armored figures.

"Where is Sunset Shimmer?!" demanded Erika as she charged towards Thanatos.

"You," growled Thanatos as he hardened his eyes from behind his helmet. He raised his hand and fired a dark beam of magic at Erika, sending her several feet away. Twilight moved the group and fired bolts of magic towards Thanatos, who blocked them with a black shield, much to her shock. The rest of the Shadow's Hand charged towards the other Transmutants and fired their bolts of magic. Rodan and Angirasu were knocked to the ground as the clutched their sparking chests. Junior yelled angrily as he was struck several times by dark magic, but he felt more agonizing pain compared to being shot by normal bolts of magic. As Junior reared his fist back at Thanatos, he felt himself blown away by an invisible force. He slammed into the ground and looked on in shock at Battra as he held his hands up.

"Battra, what are you-" Mosura was interrupted as Battra forced her away as well, causing her to gently land on the ground. She stared with wide eyes as Battra took Megaguirus's hand and ran towards Thanatos.

"Let's go," said Battra. Thanatos smirked from under his helmet.

"Wise decision, my boy," said Thanatos. He then turned forward as he found the Sirens running towards them with their gems and eyes glowing. They all stopped in a row as they glared at the Shadow's Hand. The sides of their heads bore fish fins and their bodies were covered in light traces of scales. Their pendants had fused into their chests, just below their throats. Adagio inhaled deeply as she opened her mouth, revealing her fangs. She let out a great and loud vocalization that echoed and shook the ground in her front of her. Windows were shattered from the sound and the humans clutched their ears in pain. Large, red soundwave rings were forged with the power of her magical voice. Thanatos growled as he glared at the Sirens.

"Fall back!" ordered Thanatos as he pointed towards the vortex. The Sirens released a magical vocalization attack, which gave off three rows of red soundwaves that flowed from their mouths. Thanatos clutched his helmet as his eyes flashed red.

"Wretched Sirens, be silent!!" shouted Thanatos as he shot his hands forward, casting black sparks of magic. The sparks struck the Sirens in their pendants, which caused them to burst. The Sirens cried out as they felt their necks struck by the sparks, blood spraying from their wounds. The humans and Transmutants stared with wide eyes.

"Farewell," said Thanatos as he entered the vortex, leaving it to disappear.

The Sirens trembled in pain as they clutched their chests. Adagio wheezed as she held up her bleeding hand, staring in horror. In her hand were shards of the pendant that had fused with her chest.

"Oh my god," wheezed Adagio. The Sirens collapsed onto the ground as Sonata's eyes ran with tears. The Transmutants rushed towards the Sirens.

"I feel so cold," wheezed Aria as she shivered. Rodan held her up and shook her body with a frantic expression.

"Come on, don't do this!" said Rodan.

"Angirasu, I don't want to die," wheezed Sonata as her eyes ran with tears. Angirasu held her close as his eyes filled up with tears.

"No, you're going to fine! You're not going to die!" said Angirasu. The Element Bearers made their way over to the group and stared with wide eyes.

"Dear Celestia," said Rarity. Junior knelt down and picked Adagio up.

"Guys, we need to get them to a hospital, stat!" said Junior with a frantic expression. Rodan picked up Aria while Angirasu picked up Sonata. The three Transmutants ran down the road, with the others in pursuit.

"Goji..." called Adagio. Junior looked down at her and found her weakly smiling at him.

"You're a good friend," wheezed Adagio.

"Save your breath! You're going to be OK!" said Junior as he began to pick up his speed.


The Frozen North...

Sombra sat on his icy throne in silence as he stared off towards the vortex that had appeared before him. The vortex revealed Thanatos, several members of the Shadow's Hand, Battra and Megaguirus. The two Transmutants made their way closer to the throne with unease. Sombra kept a neutral expression as he stared at the two, filling them with anxiety at his dark aura. Reluctantly, the two Transmutants knelt down before the dark king. Battra held out the opened box that contained the Avatar Amulet. Sombra smiled darkly as he levitated the amulet into his hand.

"You have done well, boy. I was beginning to worry that you would fail your mission. You've proved me wrong," said Sombra.

"Sorry, but someone was already in possession of the amulet. Not to mention the opposition that we faced," said Battra as he kept his head lowered. Megaguirus lightly frowned as she glanced at Battra.

"Hmm. I wonder what this artifact was put through during its time of being lost," said Sombra.

"Um...your majesty. We heard something about the amulet corrupting the user. Is it a good idea to have that?" asked Megaguirus.

"Fret not, my dear. This will serve as a one-time use item," said Sombra as he placed the amulet back inside and put it on his arm rest. He then waved his hand away.

"Now go. Your job is finished," said Sombra. Battra and Megaguirus stood up and walked away. Battra stopped and reached into his pocket and pulled out the compass that he was given.

"Here," said Battra as he handed the compass to Thanatos. He then looked at him with a hard stare.

"I wasn't going to go back on my allegiance," said Battra. Thanatos merely remained silent as he took the compass out of his hand.

"Of course not," said Thanatos in a humored tone. Battra turned away and continued to walk with Megaguirus out of the room. Thanatos turned to face Sombra, who kept a neutral expression. As the armored man came closer to Sombra, he looked back towards the Transmutants, who were out of hearing range.

"Then again, I sense conflict in him," said Thanatos. Sombra nodded.

"As do I. Keep an eye on him," ordered Sombra.

"Yes, my king," said Thanatos as he bowed.


Later that evening...

Battra sat down alone in his quarters in silence. He sat on a mattress that sat on a stone formation that held the mattress. In his hand was the bag of homemade cookies that Mosura had given him.

'You can turn away now,' said Mosura's voice. It played back in Battra's mind once as he stared at the cookies. The Transmutant sighed heavily as he rubbed his forehead.

"How did I get to where I am today?" muttered Battra. He then heard a soft knock on his door, prompting him to gasp and to turn to face the door.

"Who is it?" asked Battra.

"It's me," answered Megaguirus. Battra sighed in relief.

"It's open. Come on in," said Battra. The wooden door creaked as it slowly opened, revealing Megaguirus's head. She looked at him with a light smile.

"Hey, Batts. How's it going?" asked Megaguirus as she stepped inside.

"Fine. Just resting," said Battra. Megaguirus made her way over to Battra's bed and sat beside him.

"You've been locked in here for hours. Are you sure you're alright?" asked Megaguirus with slight worry.

"I...No. No, I'm not," said Battra as he shook his head. He held up the cookies and stared at them with a deep frown. "My sister is alive, yet she still loves and forgives me."

"That's good!" said Megaguirus.

"No, it's not. I don't deserve forgiveness. Not even from her," said Battra as he lowered his head. Megaguirus sighed as she wrapped an arm around Battra.

"Well, like it or not, she forgives you. You may not think you deserve forgiveness, and some people don't, but I personally think you do," said Megaguirus with a smile.

"It's nice that you think that, but I don't," said Battra. Megaguirus sighed as she looked towards the ceiling.

"What were you going to say to your sister?" asked Megaguirus as she glanced at Battra. The male Transmutant reached into the plastic bag and pulled out a cookie.

"Honestly, I don't remember what I was going to say. It was the heat of the moment and everything just went out of control when Thanatos showed up," said Battra.

"That's too bad. I was curious to know what you would've chosen," said Megaguirus.

"Choosing between my sister and the Revolutionaries is hard for me. They're both family to me," sighed Battra. He then took a bite of the cookie and closed his eyes. He lightly smiled as fond memories of his life before the Revolutionaries played in his mind. He turned to Megaguirus as he held out the bag.

"Try some. It's a family recipe," said Battra. Curious, Megaguirus reached her hand inside of the bag and took out a cookie. As she took a bite, her eyes widened.

"Oh, wow!" cried Megaguirus as she continued to eat the cookie. "Mm! This so good!"

"Yeah, mom made the best cookies. Mosura is pretty good too," said Battra. Megaguirus shot up to her feet and ran to the door.

"Save me some of those! I'm getting some milk for this!" said Megaguirus as she ran out the door. Battra shook his head in amusement as he finished the cookie that he had taken a bite out of.

"Hmm. I wonder if they do have milk here," said Battra. He then lied back on his bed as he stared up at the ceiling with a light frown.

"What should I do now?" asked Battra.


Ponyville...

The sound of beeping sounded in a hospital room. Inside, were three beds in a row. The Sirens lied in these beds, covered in large medical patches where their gems had shattered in their chests. Junior and Twilight sat on chairs near the beds in silence. Adagio lied in bed with tear stained cheeks as she lied on her side. Junior sighed heavily to himself as he placed a comforting hand on the Siren's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Ada," said Junior. Adagio merely whimpered as she clutched her scared chest and held onto the broken shards of her gem. She lightly wept to herself as she buried her face into her pillow. Junior frowned as he stared at her and raised his head to find Sonata lying down with tears streaming down her cheeks. Aria merely had her back facing him from her bed. Twilight placed a hand on Junior's shoulder and stood close.

"I'll...I'll be waiting outside," said Twilight. Junior nodded.

"Tell the others that I'll be heading down later," said Junior. Twilight nodded as she left the hospital room. The sunset's rays were cast through the windows, shining on Junior's back.

"It's not fair," wheezed Adagio. She turned to face Junior with a look of despair.

"Adagio, I'm sorry. I..."

"Why are you apologizing? It wasn't your fault," wheezed Adagio. She clutched her throat in pain.

"No, don't speak! You need to rest your voice," said Junior in worry. Adagio inhaled deeply.

"What does it matter? That bastard destroyed our gems while they were fused to us. Due to the wounds he gave us with his magic, we'll never be able to sing again," whispered Adagio, attempting to put less strain on her as her watery eyes stared at Junior.

"Do you know what that's like? A Siren, a being whose singing represents a large part of their life, no longer being able to sing," muttered Adagio. She shot up from bed and wrapped her arms tightly around Junior as she sobbed into his shoulder. The Transmutant caressed her head as she wept in his shoulder.

"It's OK. You're going to be OK," said Junior as he bore a look of anger. His voice was calm, but his expression was the total opposite. Thanatos was now on his shit list, along with Destoroyah and MONARCH, for what he did to the Sirens.

"Can I ask what that was with your gems?" asked Junior as he took on a neutral expression. Adagio sniffled.

"It's an ability that Sirens possess. You see, it's a tradition to give special gems to the Sirens that matured their singing skills. These gems are mainly forged from rubies, enchanted by the magic that comes from us and the sea. They are meant to boost our natural magical abilities or absorb magical energy from others. Fusing them to ourselves is done for self-defense and give us some inhuman traits," said Adagio as she pulled away from Junior. She then held her hand over where her pendant was once fused.

"We were meant to receive ours when we turned twenty-one, according to our traditions, but got the gems two years sooner due to our situation with the sea dragon."

"I see," said Junior with a nod as he noticed Adagio holding up her destroyed pendant.

"I honestly don't really care if this thing is destroyed. We can always ask Sarlia to help with making replacements, but we were physically damaged," said Adagio with teary eyes. Junior pulled her into another hug.

"Don't worry, we'll find who did this to you. We'll make him pay," said Junior.

"Give him a punch for me," sniffled Adagio. Junior chuckled.

"You got it," said Junior with a nod. Aria turned slightly in her bed and glanced at Junior with her eyes that bore a pink tinge.

"Can you maybe...break his back for me?" asked Aria. Junior nodded.

"C-Can you pull his hair out for me?" asked Sonata with teary eyes.

"I'll be sure to remember that," said Junior. A knock came from the door, prompting Junior and Adagio to release each other and to stare at the door. The door opened, revealing Twilight and Trixie.

"Trixie?" Junior tilted his head in confusion. The Elf cleared her throat as she removed a star decorated and pointed hat from her head. From behind her back, she pulled out a small vase filled with flowers.

"I'm just here to drop these up for the Sirens. I feel terrible for how I treated them along with everybody else and how they were hospitalized. I wasn’t… entirely myself," said Trixie as she made her way over to Sonata's bed side and placed the vase onto the dresser that sat on the side.

"They're pretty," wheezed Sonata with a sniffle as she wiped her tears away. Trixie turned to face Junior with a curious expression.

"I'm curious. What are Transmutants doing here? I haven't been in Ponyville for quite a while," said Trixie.

"Yeah, Twilight was actually lying when she said that I was her servant," said Junior.

"He's actually my boyfriend!" said Twilight as she made her over to Junior's side and wrapped an arm around him.

"Oh. Does that mean that he...kisses your feet?" Trixie rubbed her arm while her face flushed.

"Th-That's none of your business!" cried Twilight as her face flushed brightly.

"But we should consider participating in that when we’re alone," said Junior as he looked down in thought. Twilight's eyes widened.

"Huh?!" exclaimed Twilight. Junior snorted.

"I'm just kidding," said Junior as he raised a hand. Adagio and Sonata snickered in response while Aria rolled her eyes. Twilight scowled as she looked away.

"Well, I do hope you all can forgive me for what I've done," said Trixie.

"Sure," said Junior with a nod. "But I have one question. Where did you find the Avatar Amulet?"

"I heard that someone had an odd amulet that was described in a text book. The rumor said that the amulet was in a merchant's shop in Hallow's Shade," answered Trixie. Junior rubbed his chin.

"What the hell was someone doing with something like that?" asked Junior.

"I never asked. I only wanted the amulet to best Twilight at magic," said Trixie. Junior sighed.

"Well, thanks for the info," said Junior. Trixie nodded.

"Farewell! The Great and Apologetic Trixie is off!" cried Trixie as a plume of purple smoke shrouded her and the sound of the door opening and closing was heard.

"She's not very humble, is she?" asked Junior with a scowl on his face.

"Well, she has some ways to go," said Twilight with a light smile.

PreviousChapters Next