• Published 8th Dec 2014
  • 3,001 Views, 145 Comments

The Siren Song: Razzle Dazzle - Shadowmane PX-41



As the trilogy of The Dazzlings and The Blasters continues, we find Adagio, Aria and Sonata take on their toughest challenge yet... Fitting in at Elementary School...

  • ...
9
 145
 3,001

Courage: The Spark In Everyone's Soul

As the Humane 5 walked through the barren stadium's interior, they could see a lot of rubble and dirt which had risen up from the impact of that giant being. Their concerned looks only grew the closer and closer they got to the actual arena itself, as they could see all the destruction only got worse the farther they went.

Eventually, they saw a corridor of light, where the stadium had its' actual games of baseball. The Dazzlings were about to lead the group to Courageour, when they stopped and saw Pinkie messing around at the snack counter.

"Do you mind if I just hang back here a while, girls?" Pinkie asked, grabbing some churros and popcorn from the empty counter. There was no-one there, since Courageour had landed, so Pinkie thought that this would be the perfect time to grab some food before the big battle. "The food's free for once!"

"Pinkie, we've got a possible crisis on our hands, and you're thinking about food at this hour?" Rarity said, flabbergasted that Pinkie still had the time to get some food in before The Dazzlings possibly walked towards their demise.

"But it's free..." Pinkie said, her puppy dog eyes widening, as if she was begging Rarity to have some free food at the stadium.

"Maybe afterwards, Pinkie," Twilight said, reminding Pinkie of the consequences after she jumped out of the snack counter. "If that giant... whatever it is happens to be alive, then it could possibly go on a rampage to find The Dazzlings and bring them to The Blasters."

"If anything, I say we should keep it inside the stadium, so that it doesn't do any collateral damage to the rest of the city," Sunset decided to add on, making Twilight's words seem more and more understandable. "If that thing breaks out trying to find The Dazzlings in the town, the people would panic, raising more and more suspicion if The Dazzlings were to fight it off..."

"And the last thing that Adagio, Aria and Sonata need at this point is more pain and torment. They've already had enough of it after they were somehow revived," Twilight said, remembering that The Dazzlings were right there with her. "Uhh, no offense, girls."

"What? What did we do?" Adagio said, her memories at CHS still a mystery to her at this moment in time. Even though she was remembering a lot of memories, she still had no clue what had happened at Canterlot High School ten years back.

"Nothing," Sunset said, trying to shrug off The Dazzlings' suspicions of Canterlot High School and what they did in the past. She knew that if they knew, then they might show a little bit of hostility towards the Humane 5, Sunset and Twilight. "Nothing you need to worry yourselves with, girls."

They didn't even bother to argue with Sunset, seeing as she always steered them the right way over the last ten years. They knew that all she'd done for them was rather kind, and that Sunset had always been honest to the three of them. With that in their minds, they regained their composures and walked through the corridor, towards the light.

"Here we go..." Sonata said, still a little worried with what awaited her and the rest of the girls on the other side. Sure, she was capable on the fields of combat now, but even she was worried about what lied ahead...


The girls all walked into the light, letting their eyes adjust before seeing the arena ahead of them. Once their eyes had adjusted, they could see a rather majestic stadium, with a baseball diamond at their feet, and adverts covering the walls of the arena. In the middle of the arena, just ahead of the baseball diamond, they saw a rather massive envoy of Euphoria, speaking to the Hippocampi scarf in the language of Lyrica.

"Sel drek, ims orza empran ela? Orze Dour Dazzlings wiy noir ela, jired semzarak umparan delzra gan Lyrica nirza dieposnel." Courageour spoke to the two re-animated Hippocampi that draped his neck and shielded a massive blue light. His voice seemed rather neutral, considering that he was a massive envoy of a faction of monsters sent out to seek The Dazzlings and bring them to their brothers.

"What is he saying?" Rainbow Dash whispered, trying not to alert the giant beast to their arrival in the stadium. She looked at the beast once more, seeing that he was draped in royal armour with a sword and shield. There were two dead-yet-talking Hippocampi around his neck, even if she could only see their backs and tails.

"I don't know, but I think it's ancient Lyrican..." Sunset said, listening in on the conversation with a rather curious look on her face. She knew that if they were able to understand Lyrican, then they might be able to make out what he was talking about. "If at least one of us knows Lyrican, then maybe they could translate for us.

Suddenly, the two Hippocampi's ears perked up, and they turned their heads to see that Sunset, Twilight, The Dazzlings and the Humane 5 were here. They got Courageour's attention and let him turn around to face his opponents.

"Ahh. It's a very kind thing for the three of you, alleviating my need to seek you out, Dazzlings," Courageour spoke in English, wondering whether or not The Dazzlings still spoke Lyrican after all these years. "I truly commend you for your efforts in returning from beyond the grave, but that still won't stop me from returning you to your destiny..."

Euphorian Deity

COURAGEOUR

Courage

"Destiny?" Adagio called out, wondering what that could have possibly meant. She was still unfamiliar with the concept of her destiny, even after all the memories she'd been recollecting with Aria and Sonata. "I'm afraid I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about."

"It would seem that being resurrected by the Right Souls of Fury has left you with amnesia of Lyrica, and the destiny that you and your brothers share..." Courageour sighed, rather bothered by this fact, but calm nonetheless.

"Well, if you're so good at remembering, then perhaps you'd like to share some of our old memories with us..." Aria said, trying to get Courageour to spill the beans on more of their past.

"Ever since your resurrection, you three were tainted. Your voices became damaged, and your swordmanship became sloppier and sloppier," Courageour spoke, reminding The Dazzlings more of their past. "Because of this, you only had your voices as your one and only weapon, and even it could only be sustained by your pendants. It truly was a great sacrifice to make, just for being resurrected..."

"As your absorbed negative energy from Equestria and the Human World, your Lyrican powers became dark and impure, making yourselves corrupt," Courageour continued his explanation. "Because you kept on spreading hatred, you kept pushing the Balance of Lyrica further and further down to hatred once again. Even after the war, you Furens still proved a nuisance. Luckily, the Spirits of Harmony of this world were able to stop your infidelity and insanity, before the balance was toppled once more."

"Upon uttering the lyrics of the Second Life Song, your Souls of Song became pure once again, enabling you to sing and use your powers once more," Courageour was about to finish. "However, your Right Souls of Fury became forfeit the moment your pendants were destroyed. The souls of Dystopia would have killed the three of you, had The Rainbooms not been able to defeat you. In truth, I really have to thank the seven of your friends."

"Thank us?" Twilight asked, curious to know what Courageour could possibly have been talking about.

"If it weren't for you and your friends' impetus, there would have been another war spanning the three worlds," Courageour addressed Twilight, Sunset and their friends now. "Not only that, but you all exterminated the Furen scourge that plagued the worlds since the war's beginning."

Suddenly, Courageour was hit with a spectral slice of energy. He groaned in pain as he clutched where the slash had hit him. Once he'd recovered, he looked down and saw The Dazzlings had their swords drawn, ready for a battle with Courageour.

"If you say the Furens were exterminated, then why are we still here?" Aria taunted, provking the beast for an upcoming battle. "You obviously haven't done your job well, leaving us still alive."

That quote got Courageour to let out a hearty laugh. He looked down at The Dazzlings with a rather sinister smile, despite being a denizen of Euphoria.

"Challenging me with Furen Arts, at the age of ten years?" he said, trying to hold back his laughter at that point. "No matter the age, you Dazzlings never learn..."

The Dazzlings merely swung their swords once more, sending out more spectral slashes his way. They watched as his laughter was replaced with more groans of pain before lowering their swords once more.

"Enough with the talking, let's get the show on the road!" Adagio said before something extraordinary happened...

The Dazzlings hovered off of the floor with that last remark, allowing a spiral of red magic to swirl up from underneath them. After being enveloped in the light for a few seconds, their bodies glowed a rather radiant shade of red. During all this, the crystal hilts on their swords grew into a more crystalline state, and the blades themselves were now lit on a red fire.

To top it all off, their hair was lengthened by a red streak of Furen magic. With all those new changes, it was all topped off with the return of their translucent Hippocampi wings. With pink wings for Adagio and Sonata, and a more jade colour for Aria. Once their transformation was complete, they stared down Courageour with rather confident glares as they raised their swords once more.

Upon seeing their transformation's completion, Courageour roared, letting out a stream of pure fire at the three girls. He watched as they nimbly dodged the stream, and looked at him sinisterly. He raised his sword, turning the sky into a thunderstorm with blue clouds, and knocking Twilight, Sunset and the Humane 5 onto the audience bleachers. Once the other girls were out of the way, Courageour watched as he and The Dazzlings were coated in a pillar of red and blue light, which became a solid, invisible wall around them.

The Dazzlings used their wings to put themselves level with Courageour's face. They quickly dodged once he raised and swung his massive sword. Once this was all done, they'd heard the noises of thunder begin to kick in as blue lightning streaked down from the blue clouds.

The girls in the audience bleachers ran towards the stage and tried to jump back onto the arena. Their efforts were stopped by a red wall, which threw them back into the chairs once again. They groaned in mild pain and got up to see the wall turning invisible once again.

"A wall? Who put that there?!" Rainbow Dash said, frustrated that such a thing was keeping the girls from aiding The Dazzlings in their fight against Courageour.

"I think this thing wants the fight with The Dazzlings to be personal and completely their fight..." Sunset said, watching The Dazzlings swoop underneath another of Courageour's sword swings. Then she saw Adagio, Aria and Sonata swinging their swords, releasing their Hippocampi for brief split seconds with each slash, making it look like their summons were being called with every attack.

"Well, now what do we do?" Pinkie said, her hair deflating with all the concern she was now feeling for Adagio, Aria and Sonata. Even she knew that The Dazzlings were outmatched here. She was still unaware that Adagio, Aria and Sonata hadn't unleashed their true power yet.

"I guess the only thing we can do now is to cheer them on..." Rainbow Dash said, sitting down on one of the chairs, looking at The Dazzlings with looks of hope and encouragement. "Come on, Dazzlings! You can do it!"

"Fight hard, girls! Don't let this thing win!" the other girls sat down whilst screaming their words of encouragement to The Dazzlings, who were still frantically dodging swings of the sword, as well as many other attacks that Courageour had to offer. "You can do it! Don't give up! Win it for us!"

"Hear that, Courageour? Mommy and her aunties believe we can win, so that's what we're gonna do!" Sonata said, charging towards Courageour and kicking his face in. After she heard his groans of pain, she flew up high and came back down with the sword straight above her. With another slash, Sonata knocked Courageour down to the floor so that she, Adagio and Aria could deal a devastating combo.

The Dazzlings lit up their swords with the remnants of their power, and swung spectral slashes at Courageour once more. Each one of the slashes went straight across his chest. The first was one horizontal, but the second one was diagonal. Once that was done, they charged towards the Hippocampi scarf around his neck and hacked and slashed away, causing the thing to break up in front of them all.

Once the scaly scarf was torn to ribbons, the necks and heads of the two dead Hippocampi faded away in a burst of red light this time. However, instead of just disappearing, they flew towards The Dazzlings before disappearing inside of their bodies, like a spectral fog enveloping them.

Upon seeing the destruction of his scarf, Courageour vaulted himself back onto his feet, knocking The Dazzlings backwards through the air with the sheer velocity of his recovery. Seeing that his Blissen pendant was exposed, he let out a deafening roar that sent out ultrasonic soundwaves, stunning The Dazzlings for a brief period of time.

If that wasn't enough, Courageour drove his sword back into the stadium's earth, causing a humongous pillar of fire to engulf the entire stadium, as well as the bleachers. The fire pierced the cloud veil, making the rest of the world seem like a pure orange and yellow wall of death and destruction.

Surprisingly, the fire pillar didn't kill any of the girls. It only enhanced the temperature to levels that were far beyond that of the Human World. Each of the ten girls started to sweat with the rising temperature. Then they searched for Courageour, who had vanished into the flames.

"Forgive the sudden rise in temperature, ladies. I seem to have forgotten how much of a nuisance Furens tend to be..." Courageour boomed, making sure his voice reached the ears of all of the girls over the roaring of the fire that consumed the stadium. He saw that the bleachers had risen up due to being caught on a smaller, yet more believable pillar of fire.

Meanwhile, the rest of the stadium's floor was caught on small pillars of fire as well, making platforms for The Dazzlings to use. They dropped down onto the elevated pieces of landmass and returned to fighting on their bare feet, despite keeping their wings and extended hair.

They could only make out Courageour from his blue eyes, which shone brighter than any area of the fiery surroundings that consumed the place. They watched as his eyes moved around, signalling his attacks. They leapt over his sword when it came out of nowhere, seeing that it too was engulfed in flame. After that, they swiftly swung once more, making another spectral slice hit Courageour square on the mark.

When Courageour finally showed himself once more, he was leaning forward, his face scarred by that combination of slashes. He barely even noticed that The Dazzlings were there, dealing his face another string of sword combos. Since he was taking pain, he recoiled backwards in the middle of the combo, causing The Dazzlings to fly back into the fire and give chase.

They found him once more and sliced his face up some more times, causing him to scream in agony. He tried using his swords, but Aria and Sonata's slashes had gone through both of his eyes, blinding him. He just swung his sword crazily, like some guy trying to hit a piƱata whilst blindfolded.

Once Courageour was at his weakest, another memory ran through The Dazzlings minds, with them speaking in Lyrican before bringing out their summons. Once the memory had finished, they flew under Courageour and made a giant upward slash. This was powerful enough to knock the giant beast straight upwards, leaving him vulnerable for a final attack.

"Emzel Kringera!" The Dazzlings spoke together, uttering Lyrican as their eyes shone red after ten years. They moved their arms in rather archaic ways, as if painting symbols out of thin air. Once this was all done, they put their hands together and smiled, letting a red stream fly towards the sky.

The sky turned from blue to red as the red stream appeared directly above Courageour. Once it had had some time to form, the very same Hippocampi from ten years ago appeared, straight above Courageour. They let out a furious and beastly roar, letting Courageour know that his time was up.

The three Hippocampi impaled Courageour's limbs over and over and over again, detaching them from his body with such pain. They watched as the giant Euphorian envoy screamed in pain with each and every attack that was landed on it.

"Yeah! You go girls!" Pinkie said, watching the Hippocampi brutally murder Courageour with their combined attacks. "Get him with that Climax Attack!"

"Climax Attack?" Rainbow Dash asked, looking over at Pinkie with a rather confused look.

"I saw that in a game once..." she responded, shooting a smile back at Rainbow Dash as they watched the attack's climax.

Once Courageour was a mess of body parts, the Hippocampi roared once more, causing Courageour to be hurled by the massive amount of ultrasonic sound that was sent his way. The sound was also powerful enough to dissipate the flames in the stadium, causing the raised pieces of the stadium to return to how they usually were. Once they saw Courageour hurtling towards the ground again, the Hippocampi disappeared back inside Adagio, Aria and Sonata.

The Dazzlings' eyes returned to normal as they used their swords to bat Courageour's body parts into the jumbo-tron like oversized baseballs. They watched as sparks flew from the giant screen as each of the body parts smashed into it and were dropped straight down at the end of the field.

"You know, you actually look better this way, Courageour..." Adagio flirted as the skies finally returned to normal. She looked at Courageour's corpse and shot a rather pleased smile.

"Im aleze kirgren... Kil freger... Incribigar..." Courageour's mouth moved in a rather grotesque fashion as he uttered his last words before dying. He was speaking in Lyrican, seeing as all of his powers had been kicked straight out of him with that final attack he'd just taken.

"I still don't understand that language you're using, Courageour," Sonata said as she too looked at Courageour's many different body parts and detached limbs. "Maybe if you speak English, then we'll understand better."

"I, Courageour, am merely a small pawn in The Blasters game to resurrect the Siren species..." he spoke, appeasing Sonata's request to speak in English, even after he'd suffered that colossal defeat. "Your powers are mighty indeed, Dazzlings. But it still won't stop fate..."

"Again with the fate!" Aria said, slashing Courageour's lips once again. She got fed up with hearing the words 'fate' and 'destiny' coming from Courageour. "Explain yourself right now!"

"I will speak no more, Dazzlings. Your brothers ordered that I keep it secret..." he said as a massive seal of Furen magic appeared beneath him, causing many demonic hands to latch onto him and begin to pull him down towards Dystopia. "May the Lyrican King, Allure, Give you power and courage as you continue your journey!"

With that last remark, Courageour screamed as his destroyed body was pulled down into the seal by many demonic hands and souls. His carcass was quickly removed from the Human World once all of it was pulled into the seal, never to surface again.

Once the seal had vanished, along with Courageour, The Dazzlings returned to their regular states, and allowed their swords and added hair and wings to vanish. They then saw that the wall that separated them from their friends glowed brightly before shattering like glass, causing the pieces to fly off at a rather rapid pace before they too vanished.

The other girls all ran up to The Dazzlings and hugged them. They all gave The Dazzlings such wonderful comments on victory and how they were worried about the three of them. They showed all their love to The Dazzlings before the hug finally dispersed, giving the girls some breathing room.


"Well well, it looks like The Dazzlings are finally back to their old selves again..." Fortissimo said as he shattered the viewing orb and climbed back up to the top of the summoning dais with Allegro and Orchestral. "They might be a bit young, granted, but now they can hold their all on the field of combat."

"So, what are we waiting for, Fortissimo?!" Orchestral said, feeling rather cocky at this moment in time. He'd waited long enough, and now he desperately wanted to see The Dazzlings once again. "They've got all their powers back, let's just go get them ourselves!"

"No, Orchestral!" Fortissimo held him down with Lyrican Magic as he tried running through a portal to the Human World. He watched Orchestral squirm with pain as he was electrocuted by another surge of Lyrican Magic. "They need to return to their proper state before they can duel us! Attacking them now will alter fate and ruin the plan!"

"But Sonata's back..." Orchestral said in a whiny voice, getting back up onto his feet as he looked at the portal again.

"I guess the term 'the worst' runs in the family..." Allegro said, shooting a rather unimpressed glare at his comrade. "You might be able to handle yourself on the field of combat, Orchestral, but you're too cocky and eager to go out there and have your deathwish fulfilled. Wait patiently, like we are, and maybe we'll forgive you for that little outburst."

"Sorry, guys..." he sighed as he closed the portal back up and walked back to the top of the summoning dais once again.

"Anyways..." Fortissimo said as he looked at a spectral list of all of the beings of Euphoria. He looked at Courageour's place on the list and ran his fingers through him, painting a spectral 'X' out of nowhere, confirming that Courageour was out of the plan. "Where Courageour has failed, Silenzel will succeed..."

"Silenzel?" Allegro asked, looking a little concerned at this point. Sure, The Dazzlings were getting more and more powerful, but the mere mention of that name now had him on edge. "You don't mean the Hurricane of Soundlessness, do you?!"

"What's the problem, Allegro?" Fortissimo turned to look at his comrade with a rather sinister look on his face. "Are you not willing to test The Dazzlings further, making absolutely sure that they are 100% ready to fulfil their destiny?"

"No, Fortissimo," he said, still proving his loyalty to The Blasters, and to the Sirens of Lyrica. "It's just that Silenzel just causes death and destruction wherever he goes. His mere presence causes a massive hurricane to roar through the world he travels through, making sure that no other noise can be heard but his own."

"Exactly," Fortissimo said, his smile growing wider with all the details he'd been reminded of. "Not only do we get to test The Dazzlings further, but we also get to take a few human lives as well. Those swines deserve it after the atrocities their militaries did to Lyrica during the war..."

"Well, what are we waiting for? Call him!" Orchestral perked up upon hearing news that Silenzel might help them out in getting rid of the other species.

Fortissimo rubbed his pendant once more, causing the giant humanoid-dragon creature to appear in front of them. Even though there was no hurricane upon Silenzel's presence, his cape was still fluttering as he appeared in front of The Blasters.

"Silenzel, the time has come to avenge Courageour's death and bring The Dazzlings back to us," Fortissimo said as the pendants gave Silenzel life, giving his body flesh, and making his cape a reality. The hurricane roared through the sanctum as Fortissimo, Allegro and Orchestral opened up another time portal behind Silenzel. "You know what must be done..."

Author's Note:

Turns out that that last chapter wasn't the only chapter I'd be making on Dad's computer. Yeah, I don't really know what's going on with the guys over at HP, but they're taking longer than I'd like. But hey, at least I've got another chapter for you guys to enjoy.

Also, if you like this story, be sure to like it, favourite it, track it, send it to your friends and leave a comment on it. I really do appreciate all the positive feedback that you guys tend to give me over the years. It fills me with encouragement and pushes me to make more and more chapters. So, if you really like this story, be sure to comment.

Adagio: Sorry I'm late (Panting) I had some weeds that needed whacking...

Me: Wat weeds wewe dey, out of cuwiosity?

Adagio: Uhh...

Me: Come on, Dagi...

Adagio: Those weeds... (Points to Plunderseed Vines.)

Me: Pwundewseed Vines?!

Adagio: You know what to do now, little one...

Me: Yes I do...

Both of us: RUN!