• Published 8th Dec 2014
  • 3,002 Views, 145 Comments

The Siren Song: Razzle Dazzle - Shadowmane PX-41



As the trilogy of The Dazzlings and The Blasters continues, we find Adagio, Aria and Sonata take on their toughest challenge yet... Fitting in at Elementary School...

  • ...
9
 145
 3,002

Pain Of The Past

Two and a half Years Later...


The Dazzlings walked down the halls of the school as usual, not a care on their mind as they made their way to their next classes. Since they were now getting older, they came to realize that they didn't always have to be together. Knowing this, they'd been given different schedules since they were in their new terms.

Adagio, Aria and Sonata were all dressed in their coats, trying to heat themselves up after the rain that had fallen over the past couple of hours. Because they'd been out in the cold weather, their hair was wet. It was a rather odd thing for The Dazzlings to feel after all these years, but the feel of wet hair confused them at this point. Even after all the baths they'd had in their previous years, they were quite surprised that this undesirable rain could have dampened their hair like this.

"Brrr.... How cold was it outside?" Sonata asked, shivering at this point. She was unaware that the world had its' fair share of negative traits until now. She felt the arctic chill of cold rain dripping down her back, making her rub herself rather desperately.

"If I'd have to say, I'd say it was almost as cold as Mommy's freezer..." Aria said, herself feeling the rather cold sensations running through her body. She'd never had guessed that the world could also be rather unpredictable as well.

"Look, girls. We made it through that weather unscathed, that's all that matters," Adagio started, trying to ease her two Furen Sisters after the rain they'd come through. "And besides, it only makes it that much easier to remove our little paint. The Kids of Shadows are secretive, after all..."

"Oh yeah..." Sonata said, feeling her cheek which had been washed. At first, she would have been expecting the black paint of the Kids of Shadows to still be there. However, thanks to the rain, it had vanished. She smiled upon realizing this, as she was able to keep her identity in the Kids of Shadows a mystery to all the other kids who weren't a part of the group.

"What's your next lesson, Dagi?" Aria asked, seeing that Adagio was about to walk off down another hall.

"Oh, I'm just gonna be heading off to Gym class," Adagio said. "For some reason, I seem to be getting a lot of Gym classes with my new timetable. What about you two, where are you headed?"

"Oh, well, I've gotta get to-" but before Aria could finish, she felt a pain in her head. She clutched her temples and kneeled in pain. She let out a few pained gasps of breath as she writhed in this new sudden agony. "Oww... My head hurts..."

"Ari, Are you o-" Sonata also felt the pain surging up throughout her nerves as well. She felt like her mind was on fire and desperately put her hands on her temples in an attempt to reach inside and try and put her internal pain out. "Now I'm in pain as well! What's happening?"

"Are you trying to play even after recess, sisters?" Adagio asked as she saw Aria and Sonata struggling and kneeling down in pain. She didn't feel all the pain herself, but was about to... "Come on, now. Wait until after lu-"

Eventually, the pain ran through Adagio's mind as well. It surged up her internal muscles and made her grasp onto her head in pain, just like her Furen sisters were doing. She could feel like something from her past was starting to assault her mind, giving her the most unimaginable migraine possible.

Whilst The Dazzlings were all writhing in pain, they could all hear the word "Lyrica..." rushing on the breeze near their ears. It all sounded like tortured souls from their darker, unspoken past, calling out the home where they once lived before the great war. They didn't know what it meant and just continued squirming in agony until it just stopped naturally.

Once it had stopped, the pain had instantaneously vanished, as if it had never even surfaced in the first place. Once it had, The Dazzlings slowly got back up onto their feet, still shuddering from the recent migraine they'd suffered.

"What was that about?" Aria asked, rubbing her head to lessen the remaining pain. She was completely surprised that she had suffered a headache out of the blue like that. She'd been perfectly healthy for the past eight and a half years she had spent with Twilight and Sunset.

"You felt it too, Ari?" Sonata asked, wondering whether or not it was a coincidence. She could see that Aria had been in some rather deep turmoil with her recent headache. The gasps for breath she saw her Furen sister make were unavoidable; Aria was in pain.

"Something's wrong..." Adagio said, seeing Sonata and Aria trying to comfort one another after that little incident. She now knew that it was no coincidence; The Dazzlings had something inside of them, trying to harm them from the inside. "Could it be one of those brain bugs that Mommy taught us when she had one?"

"No, Adagio. You are simply remembering," Fortissimo's voice could be heard, but his body couldn't be seen. "You are remembering the truth, the truth about what you really are. These headaches are merely a small side effect of your remembrance. Same goes for Aria and Sonata, they too are remembering..."

"Who are you?" Adagio asked, trying to find the source of the voice. She looked around the hallway for quite some time, but found nothing but personalized lockers and shoe marks. "And where are you?"

"Relax, Adagio," Fortissimo spoke, still revealing nothing about his location or his identity to Adagio. He knew all too well that he didn't want his own little sister to suspect him of his madness. "I am merely a voice in your head, it's a common thing that most kids your age have..."

"Look at how strong the three of you have become..." Allegro spoke, in Aria's head. It seemed that each of The Dazzlings' brothers were telepathically speaking to them, with each brother speaking privately to each sister. "It seems your road to recovery is working wonders on your powers..."

"What powers?" Aria asked, putting one of her fists on her chest area. She was now curious to know what powers she had. She didn't know exactly what Allegro meant by this, so she was wondering what he had to say to her next. "What do you mean by 'powers'?"

"You'll know eventually, but we shall not tell you..." Allegro continued, trying to provoke Aria with his sinister little chat. "Just let the remembrance part of the Second Life Song work its' magic, then you'll know all about your powers..."

"Soon, my little Sonata..." Orchestral's voice spoke to her, with a rather insidious tone in it. He wanted his little sister so badly, but had to bide his time. "Soon the rest of your story will play out..."

"Correct. All of your stories will play out..." Fortissimo said, his voice about to fade from Adagio's mind. Before it went, it imparted Adagio with one last sentence. "The Battle Of The Bands you three caused was merely the 'Once Upon A Time...' of your tale. Once you and your sisters grow up, we shall see how the rest of your story plays..."

"W-Wait! Don't go!" Adagio tried calling for Fortissimo again, but heard nothing. To all the other kids that could see her, it looked like Adagio had gone insane and was now talking to a figment of her imagination. After a few minutes of silence, Adagio could tell that Fortissimo's voice really had vanished.

"Who was that?" Aria asked, wondering who could have possibly spoken to them after that little headache they had suffered. She could tell that something was clearly not right in this place and now wanted to get to the bottom of it.

"I-I don't really know, Ari..."Adagio said, surprised that Adagio had felt the same thing as well. The very thing of multiple voices talking to them through their heads was a rather otherworldly thing for them to feel, and it made Adagio quite unnerved. "But whoever it was, sounds like a really bad guy..."

"Yeah..." Sonata said, holding her hands close to her face in anxiety. She was now nervous, as her brother had talked to her through her mind and that she'd been completely oblivious to this fact. "He sounds like one of the bad guys from our many bedtime stories..."

"Anyways, I don't think we should let it mess with us for the rest of the day, girls..." Adagio said, trying to calm Aria and Sonata down. She knew that those three voices they heard were only trying to mess with the three of them, so she decided to take action. "Let's just focus on getting through the rest of the school day. Maybe Mommy and Auntie Twilight will have some answers as to why this happened to us..."

The rest of The Dazzlings saw no need to argue with Adagio's logic. Since the three of them were getting older, they had to learn how to help each other and find suitable courses of action for each outcome. Aria and Sonata saw that Adagio was a rather good strategist and that asking Twilight and Sunset would be the best idea at this moment in time.

The three of them went their separate ways to get to their different classes. Adagio went down one corridor, only to look back and see Aria and Sonata head down different corridors. Once the three of them had departed, they went off to their next classes for the day. They had high hopes that nothing like this would happen again, but if it did, they'd have to find some way to reach out to Twilight and Sunset from the confines of their school...


When school had ended for the day, The Dazzlings walked out of the building and saw Sunset and Twilight standing there, waiting for the three of them. They shared looks of happiness to see them again, but also showed looks of concern. They knew that Twilight and Sunset had the answer to their sudden headaches and were just dying to hear the answer from them.

"Hi, girls!" Twilight said, seeing the three Furen children running towards her. She could see that The Dazzlings had had a rather exciting day at school today and were eager to tell her all about it.

"Hi, Auntie Twilight!" The Dazzlings all said to her, with smiles on their faces for a multitude of reasons. They were happy to see her in general, and also because she housed the answer to the headache they'd suffered earlier.

"So, how was it?" Sunset asked, seeing rather happy smiles on their faces. She could tell that The Dazzlings had learned a lot of beneficial things today at their school, so she awaited to hear what wonderful things they had to tell her.

"Well, we did some maths together before heading outside. You wouldn't believe what rain can do to your hair nowadays..." Adagio started to brag on and on about how her day went in the school. It seemed like she was in a state of total innocence as she went on and on with her words.

"Tell me about it," Pixel said, arriving on the scene with Violet and Photo Finish. They could see now that The Dazzlings had had a good day in school and were eager to hear what they had to say next. "By the way, hi, Twilight. You too, Sunset."

"Hi, Snapshots," Twilight smiled at the three journalists. She knew that whenever The Snapshots were around, she could somehow benefit from their words. It seemed that way for over a period of six years, Twilight seeing The Snapshots and getting more clues to The Blasters' madness. "What brings you here?"

"We just wanted to check on how ze Dazzlings are doing," Photo Finish said, lightly pinching The Dazzlings cheeks to see them blush with amusement. "It seems like zey've had a rather pleasant day from ze looks of zings..."

"Aww, thanks, Auntie Photo..." Sonata smiled, looking up at Photo Finish with a compassionate smile of sorts. She'd seen The Snapshots to be good friends of Twilight and Sunset, and as such, they were good aunties to her, Adagio and Aria.

"Anyways, as I was saying. After our little lunch period, we had a little game of Tag with Topaz and his friends," Adagio went on recalling the events of today in her own words. "He runs pretty quickly, I won't lie. It's like he's got little rockets in his shoes, like in those spy movies that Auntie Twilight likes to watch..."

"This topaz kid sounds like a real nice guy, Adagio..." Sunset petted Adagio's cheek, happy to know that she and the rest of The Dazzlings were making more friends. She knew from first-hand experiences that friendship was a wonderful thing to have, so she was proud to see The Dazzlings following in her footsteps. "I hope I get to meet him someday..."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you wi-" then it happened again. Aria got back into her usual pained stance where she clutched her temples and let out pained gasps for breath. She could still see what going on and quickly saw Adagio and Sonata suffering as well as her.

"Girls? What's going on?" Twilight looked concerned, she'd never seen The Dazzlings acting like this before. She tried to get close to them, but Sunset held her back. She shared a worried glance with her as they watched The Dazzlings writhing in pain once more.

"Oh... I don't like where this is going..." Pixel said, showing her own looks of concern. She'd never in her life seen Sirens suffer like this. Sure, she'd witnessed the Battle Of The Bands, but this was an entirely different matter altogether. It seemed like The Dazzlings were suffering from psychological pain, which she'd only ever seen in regular humans.

The Dazzlings tried walking again, trying to shrug off the pain, but to no avail. Their pained gasps for breath only intensified with their groans of suffering. They could hear the voices speaking "Lyrica..." once again, knowing now that it was no coincidence. Something clicked in their mind and their pained gasps got louder.

Eventually, The Dazzlings all kneeled down on both of their knees and shook their heads in utter pain and suffering. Their breaths of pain and gasps for breath were quite unnerving to all three of them. Eventually, the pain intensified once more and they let out deafening screams before their eyes flashed red.

Twilight, Sunset and The Snapshots could not believe what they were seeing. Once they saw The Dazzlings scream in the most unbearable pain possible, the red light they saw emitting from The Dazzlings' eyes showed a rather bizarre video screen, showing little snippets of their lives on Lyrica. Every picture flashed for at least a split second before it finally stopped on a moving memory...


Dystopia
Approximately 10,000 years ago...


The skies of Dystopia were red as blood, draped with streaks of red lightning here and there. The rest of Dystopia was in a state of pure turmoil with demonic entities of all shapes and sizes having massive riots in every valley and gorge. It seemed like every one of those monsters was out for the blood of their enemies. They were all painted in red war paint and had red Furen crystals infused into different parts of their bodies.

At the top of the highest mountain seen, there was a rather demonic castle with a red crystal design draping every tower's spire. The walls seemed impenetrable and looked like they'd been made of pure cinderblock. Inside the castle's courtyard, there was a moat made out of pure blood and showed no sign of life. In the land that this moat surrounded, it looked like there was a special ceremony going on.

The Dazzlings were all walking past other Furen Sirens. They could tell they were Furens, due to the fact that whilst they were all hooded, they all wore red pendants. As the three of them walked past each of the rather stationary Furens, they approached three entities with rather menacing designs.

Each of the three entities was female and made out of an otherworldly flesh. Their bodies were rather slender and had massive Furen crystals right in the middle of their necks. Their weapons of choice were long claws, a spiked whip and two poisoned swords. They watched as The Dazzlings stopped right on the end of their red carpet and kneel before the three of them.

"Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk," the first figure, the one with the long claws started. "The three of you have passed the trials and are therefore worthy of your position in the Balance of Lyrica as Furen Sirens..."

"Each of the three of you shall bear the mark of Dystopia in combat, as a sign that you are here to spread hatred and distrust among all of your opposition," the second figure with the spiked whip spoke now, holding up a brand new Furen Pendant with the other two regal ceremony speakers. "Remember your purpose in existence, follow the tenets of Dystopia and you shall be rewarded with unfathomable power..."

"But remember; with great power, comes great responsibility..." the third figure said, reminding The Dazzlings of one last thing before they would be dressed in their new pendants. "Even though you walk on the side of hatred, that doesn't mean you can-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Spare me the sap, Malice." Aria said, addressing the third speaker in a rather impatient and unamused tone. This was the Aria of her memories, so it only made sense that she was completely joyless for such an occasion.

"Look, we don't have much time to stand here, Greed," Adagio said, reminding the three feminine speakers of the desires that The Dazzlings all had in mind. "Fortissimo, Allegro and Orchestral are applying for their next mission soon, and we want to see the three of them before they go. So just have yourself, Persuasion and Malice get the ceremony over with already."

"You mean The Blasters?" Persuasion asked, remembering The Dazzlings' brothers all too well. "Ah yes, those hot Blissens... Truly a shame they couldn't have been Furens like the three of you are about to become, but the aptitude tests don't lie; The Blasters were destined to be Blissens, after all..."

"Yeah, yeah. Enough with the fangirling over our brothers," Sonata said, showing her own side of impatience. While she was the rather excitable one of the group, this was before the great Lyrican War. "Can we get a move on? All this waiting is making me hungry. Also, I'm anxious to see what delicacies those weak and infantile humans can cook up for the three of us..."

"Very well then. We shan't keep our new walkers of hatred waiting for too long then," Greed said, bringing order back to the ceremony and getting The Dazzlings to hold their tongues. "Are the three of you willing to serve our almighty god of Dystopia, Hades?"

"Yes." The Dazzlings all said, putting their fists to their chest as a sign of honour.

"Are you prepared to undergo any extremes to get the results you crave?" Persuasion asked, continuing the little speech.

"Yes." The Dazzlings said once more, holding their salute as they did so.

"And are you willing to spread utter turmoil and chaos in places where there is peace and goodwill?" Malice asked, finishing up the questions the three of them were asking.

"Yes!" The Dazzlings said, sounding impatient once more as they answered the final question.

"Congratulations, Adagio, Aria and Sonata..." the three speakers said, walking forward to give The Dazzlings their new pendants. Once they made it there, they held the pendants like medals and slowly put them around The Dazzlings' necks. "Your ceremony is complete, and now you are one with the power of Dystopia...

"Rise, our new warriors..." Greed said, allowing Adagio, Aria and Sonata to get back up onto their feet with their new pendants graciously hanging from their necks. Once they were back on their feet, Greed cracked a smile as she saw Persuasion and Malice doing the same. "From this day forth, your Furen Triad will be called: The Dazzlings..."

Adagio, Aria and Sonata merely grew their own evil grins as they felt new power surging through their bodies. Their chorus could be heard, drifting into their new pendants from the skies above. They merely unfurled their arms and accepted the chorus they would spread across the other worlds with their powers of song. Once it had all vanished, their eyes cast a sinister red flash before returning to their normal colours...


As Twilight, Sunset and The Snapshots finished watching The Dazzlings' memories of their ceremony, they saw the screen vanish into nothingness in the blink of an eye. Once it had, the five of them could see that The Dazzlings were now on their sides, groaning lightly as their pain started to lift.

"What was that?" Violet and Pixel both said together once they returned to reality. They'd both been swept away by what they'd just seen, memories of The Dazzlings that had never before been revealed to other species.

"I think we just saw a fragment of The Dazzlings' most ancient past," Twilight said, trying to make sense of the whole situation. It all made sense now, why else would The Dazzlings have earned those red pendants in the first place? "That must have been The Dazzlings undergoing their rite of passage; the moment where they actually earned those red pendants we saw during the Battle Of The Bands!"

"Oh man... How are we going to tell them about it?" Sunset asked, looking at The Dazzlings get back up from their position. She worried how The Dazzlings would have reacted to such an unpleasant memory. She heard The Dazzlings groaning in pain as they rose back to their feet, that memory scarring them in some way.

"Did you girls get any shots of zat?" Photo Finish asked, turning towards Pixel Pizazz and Violet Blur.

"I DID manage to grab one shot of the whole thing..." Pixel said, showing the one shot of The Dazzlings showing their old memories from their position of agony. She smiled at this shot, remembering that The Snapshots were master journalists. "As long as Twilight and Sunset approve of it, we can put this on the front page in the blink of an eye..."

"Keep the picture, girls," Twilight said, running over to The Dazzlings in an attempt to comfort them after that little incident. "Make the best story you can make with that shot, but make sure that you go easy on The Dazzlings, ok?"

"Are you sure you don't want us to help The Dazzlings out?" Violet asked, feeling concerned for The Dazzlings well-being at this moment in time. "I think there's a hospital a few blocks down from here..."

"It's just a little headache, Snapshots. Nothing to worry about," Sunset said, informing The Snapshots of the symptoms The Dazzlings were suffering from that little occurrence. "Just get this story onto the paper before anyone else can."

"Alright zen. We'll see you two soon." Photo Finish said, waving Twilight and Sunset goodbye before going off to get their story published for the public to witness. She looked back and saw Twilight and Sunset carrying The Dazzlings with compassionate looks on their faces.

"The Dazzlings are starting to remember their deeper memories, just like the Second Life Song explained," Twilight said, cuddling Adagio and Sonata tightly as they still made pained noises. She felt really sorry for The Dazzlings feeling like this, so she tried to do everything she could to make the three of them feel better.

"Mommy... Auntie Twilight... Help... us..." The Dazzlings all said, still suffering from their little occurrence with great severity. They'd never before felt such psychological pain like that. Now they were starting to worry about whether or not those memories were true or not. They looked up at Twilight and Sunset with puppy-dog eyes, begging for the two equines-turned-human to help them through their times of pain and suffering.

Twilight and Sunset merely exchanged glances of worry as they gently rocked The Dazzlings in a rather soothing motion. It didn't seem like much, but it did help the three girls relax a little more. They could still hear their pained groans, but they gradually got lower and lower the more love Twilight and Sunset gave the three of them. Once they were all better, Twilight and Sunset let The Dazzlings back down before giving them a hug to make them feel better. But even through this tender, loving hug, Twilight and Sunset both started to show concern; concern as to what lay ahead for the five of them...

Author's Note:

Well, I feel like there's still a little more for me to do before 2014 comes around, so I decided that I'd throw out another chapter of the story for all of you to witness. It you liked this story, be sure to give it a thumbs up, send it to your friends and comment on it. Not only is it good for publicity, but it also helps me become more and more active as I've mentioned before.

Sonata: He's right you know. Comments are such wonderful things for people to see. (Gasps) Especially comments with tacos on them!

Aria: Enough with the damn tacos already! Seriously, Sonny! You're driving me nuts!

Adagio: Quiet, Aria. Let the girl desire her tacos.

Me: Yeah, Awia. Wooks wike YOU'WE da wowst, not Sonata.

Aria: I'd straight up spellbind you right now, if it weren't for the fact that your grandmother is classified as a god with limitless power in this world.

Me: Weww dat fact is twue, so I'd ay dat yoo can't touch me! (Blows a raspberry)

Adagio: Alright then, Shadowmane. (Picks me up) Let's not rile up Aria over here. The poor girl's jut getting desperate to get her power back, that's all...

Me: Awwight den. (Starts to droop eyes)

Sonata: Sounds like somepony's sleepy!

Me: Wat? But I'm not- (Falls asleep) Zzzzzzzz...

Sonata: I love how he just falls asleep with the mere fact that he's tired. Maybe it's some kind of trigger, like how I get excited when tacos are mentioned...