• Published 8th Dec 2014
  • 3,002 Views, 145 Comments

The Siren Song: Razzle Dazzle - Shadowmane PX-41



As the trilogy of The Dazzlings and The Blasters continues, we find Adagio, Aria and Sonata take on their toughest challenge yet... Fitting in at Elementary School...

  • ...
9
 145
 3,002

Welcome To Coltimore

"There it is, girls! Coltimore!" Sunset leaned out of the window and pointed the girls towards a rather large city with dozens of skyscrapers coming into view. She could already hear the girls make noises of awe as they gazed upon the illuminated city of neon lights and advertisements.

The other girls were excited to see the large city themselves. Since the Human World had been evolving over The Dazzlings' ten years of childhood, it was no surprise that all the cities would be this illuminated and full of technology. If that was what it looked like on the outside, then the ten girls couldn't wait to see what lied inside the city itself...

Upon making it to the closest set of cars, Sunset stopped and waited fro the others to move forward. She had been stopped behind at least five other vehicles, all lined up to enter the city.

"What's with all the armed guards?" Rainbow Dash asked, seeing that there were humans garbed in tough armour, overseeing the cars that all entered Coltimore.

"Ever since Courageour and Silenzel attacked The Dazzlings, the other states in Amareica caught wind of all the carnage and started maximizing their security," Sunset began explaining the reason for all the security in the town. "Any act of terrorism puts the entire city on lockdown, preventing anyone from getting in or out. Even the slightest little fight in an alley is counted as a federal offense now..."

"So, not even name-calling and taunting is tolerated?" Rainbow Dash asked, suddenly remembering something snap inside her. "Because I've got a few scores to settle with those frauds I used to worship..."

"If you're trying to use the Magic of Friendship to try and defeat our brothers, then I'm afraid that this time, such a thing won't yield positive results..." Adagio spoke to all the girls in the car, remembering what Lyrican Sirens were capable of. "In fact, the ONLY reason that you won against us back at CHS, was because we were corrupted with Dark Magic..."

"When a Lyrican Siren is pure and uncorrupted, then they tend to have an extraordinarily high pain threshold..." Aria took over, addressing Twilight, Sunset and the Humane 5 as clearly as possible. "The reason we weren't covered with cuts, bruises, and third degree burns from the entities of Euphoria and Dystopia, is because Lyrican Sirens can withstand a hell of a lot of punishment when in combat..."

"If Orchy really has gone insane, then fighting him and his friends with your giant rainbow-horse thing would be a deathwish..." Sonata spoke now, ensuring the girls that it would take more than the Magic of Friendship to win against The Blasters. "I never paid much attention to it at first, but our brothers were wearing both Blissen and Furen pendants..."

"Meaning..." Rainbow Dash asked, still unsure as to where Sonata was going with this.

"That no matter whether you seven are happy or furious, you'll be giving our brothers power..." Adagio spoke, hanging her head in complete sympathy for the girls. "It doesn't matter whether or not you feel like the happiest girls in the world, or the most angriest grumps this planet has seen. No matter what you feel, The Blasters WILL consume your magic and add it to their ever-growing power..."

"So no matter what we do, we're giving away the Magic of Friendship?!" Rainbow Dash looked completely mortified upon finally having it spelt out to her. That magic would be powerful enough to give The Blasters strength beyond compare, even enough to the point where it would make all seven of The Rainbooms powerless to resist The Blasters' mesmerizing songs.

"Unfortunately, that seems to be the case..." Adagio continued explaining to the girls. "Lyricans can take energy from whoever they mark with their singing. But without a pendant to sustain it all, then the energy seems near impossible to acquire..."

"While it is true that Lyrican Sirens can undergo a trial to obtain new, more powerful pendants, there have to be certain guidelines for the Lyricans to meet..." Aria continued as the car began to get closer and closer to the security checkpoint. "We'd have to slay the rest of the six deities of Euphoria before we can have our trial..."

"But you see, there's a problem..." Sonata spoke to the group before quickly stopping herself.

"What is it, Sonata?" Twilight asked, hoping to know what could possibly contradict the battles with the rest of the deities.

"Well, it's just that the deities are only drawn towards a massive amount of the six virtues... They're attracted to courage, silence, obedience, judgements, boasting, and heroism..." Adagio explained as the car began moving forward once more. "Not only that, but there has to be a large concentration of those six virtues to summon a deity. For example, the next deity on the list, Obedium, is drawn towards massive concentrations of obedience."

"What this means, is that most, if not all the people in Coltimore have to be completely obedient in order to draw Obedium out..." Aria spoke as the car finally got to the end of the queue.

"Halt!" one of the guards spoke as Sunset drove up the barrier at the checkpoint. Once he'd seen that the car had stopped, he walked over to the door and saw Sunset quickly roll down the window. "Passports please, ladies."

Sunset and the girls were completely obedient and handed the armed guard ten passports with their faces and information on them. The guard took all ten of the passports and ran them over a machine with a green scanner. As each passport was scanned, it revealed a picture of each of the girls, their dates of birth, and a few other vital pieces of information. Sunset and the girls watched quietly as the guard finished scanning the last of the passports. When he was done, Sunset gladly took the passports that he gave back to them.

"Alright, ladies. Everything checks out here, so you're good to go," the guard spoke as the barrier disappeared, enabling the car to travel into Coltimore for the night. "Welcome to Coltimore, Miss Shimmer. I hope you and all your friends and family have a wonderful time here..."

"Thank you, sir. Have a good night yourself." Sunset complimented the guard before driving into the town with the rest of the girls.

The girls were quickly gone from the checkpoint and were now navigating Coltimore's streets. The car quickly navigated street after street of neon and technology, passing by a number of advertisements which shone as bright as the sun.

As all the sights flashed by, the girls could not wait for the morning to come, when they'd be able to roam the city freely. But for now, they needed to find the hotel closest to where the Drama Showcase was being held, so that they could rest their energy for the days ahead of them.

While all this was going on, Rainbow Dash pulled out a phone from her pocket and fiddled around with some special applications on the screen. The first thing she did, was calling the Wonderbolts All-Stars that she'd arrived in Coltimore. She put the phone to her ear and heard a dial tone for almost fifteen seconds. Then, it suddenly stopped, as one of the team had picked up the phone.

"Hello?" a voice spoke through the phone and into Rainbow Dash's ear.

"Oh, hey, Spitfire. Just wanted to let you know that I'm in Coltimore now," Rainbow Dash spoke through the phone. "Send me the location where you guys are, and I'll be over there shortly."

"Didn't think you were gonna show up for a sec, Rainbow Dash," Spitfire spoke, as if to say that Rainbow Dash was almost late for her little get-together with the WAS. "We're over at the Starfall Lounge at Club Universe. Finish what you're doing with your friends, then be sure to head over there to meet us."

"Just got the co-ordinates. I'll be over there once Twilight, Sunset, The Dazzlings, and my friends get checked in, ok?" Rainbow Dash looked at her phone as she spoke, revealing a special map picture which showed the location of Club Universe from where she was placed on the map.

"Sure thing, Rainbow. I'll see ya there." Spitfire said before hanging up and replacing her voice with that of the dialtone from before.

Shortly after the call ended, Rainbow Dash began fiddling around with some of the games on her phone, passing the time as the car navigated more streets and got closer and closer to the hotel. However, she quickly looked back at the map and saw that she was getting closer and closer to Club Universe.

"Hold on, girls. Why aren't ya checking into the hotel?" Rainbow Dash said, noticing that they were getting closer and closer to her thing instead of their hotel.

"Club Universe is a pretty long way away from where we're staying at, Rainbow Dash," Sunset smiled when she looked in the overhead mirror to see Rainbow Dash's surprised face. "We thought it'd be a good idea to save you the trouble of walking over..."

"Thanks, girls. You're the best!" Rainbow Dash smiled as they pulled up next to the sidewalk and parked the car. She never thought that her friends would have been that helpful, especially with all the recent discoveries that they had found with The Blasters and their sisters' explanations.

Once the car had stopped, Rainbow Dash got out of it and shut the door behind her. Once she was satisfied with her destination, she waved the girls off for the night and watched as Sunset drove the car towards the hotel where they'd be staying. When it had finally left, Rainbow Dash was greeted by the three leaders of the Wonderbolts All-Stars; Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot.


Meanwhile, Sunset navigated the streets some more before finally arriving to what looked like the Sunrise Star Hotel. Underneath the hotel, it showed four stars, and a bright reception amidst the dark and illuminated city of neon. She smiled upon reaching her destination, and quickly proceeded to park the car somewhere she'd remember.

"Ahh... I'm looking forward to a rather elegant stay here in Coltimore..." Rarity sighed in content as she envisioned how wonderful her bed would be once she and the other girls had all checked into the Sunrise Star Hotel. "They say that they leave these delectable little chocolates on the pillows for when you finally return for the night..."

"Yeah... And there's a special little aquarium that has some of the most exotic fish on the planet here..." Fluttershy added in, her own desires reaching out to the other girls. "I can't wait to see what kind of beautiful little fish they've got here..."

"I'm sure we'll all have time to do all that tomorrow, girls. But for now, we have to just get ourselves checked in and head to bed for the night." Sunset said as she parked inside the lines and unlocked the car doors.

"Are you OK, Pinkie? You've been awfully quiet lately..." Twilight said to Pinkie, who looked like she was deep in thought for the first time in her life.

"I've just been wondering what the fastest route around Coltimore is..." Pinkie spoke, rather chirpy as usual, despite her body not as energetic as usual. "You see, there's gonna be a special candy convention the day after Sonata's little yawnfest. So, I was just wondering how quickly we'd be able to see all the sights before going to the candy convention at the end."

"I'm sure we'll have time, Pinkie. The Drama Showcase goes on for roughly a week, since all the judges keep having to check the scores of each applicant's performance," Twilight cracked a smile when Pinkie got out of the car and walked over to her. "There'll be plenty of time to see everything there is to see, as well as attend your little convention..."

"Good thing, too. Because I've just finished a little gizmo that those kindly Japonese guys gave to me a few days ago," Pinkie said, taking out a little cube and pushing a button that stuck out of it. Within seconds, that little cube quickly transformed into a tiny cannon with the parts of a gun, but not the barrel of a gun. Instead, it was all pink and almost bore resemblance to a little handheld Party Cannon at first. "Ta-da! I call it the Candy Cannon! You just load up candy in here, pull the trigger, and then BOOM! You get a whole barrel of candy applied straight to your mouth! It's much better than what they called it. Something about the say-kooma-die or something..."

"Oh, Pinkie. You always find a way to make me smile." Twilight giggled as the girls all walked into the hotel's foyer and took seats whilst Sunset began checking all nine of them into the hotel for the week.

"Why thank you, Twilight. It's just something that I've been practising since I was just the age of cute little Adagio, Aria and Sonata here..." Pinkie looked towards the three girls with a little smile on her face. Granted, they had just recovered all of their true memories a few hours ago, but The Dazzlings still looked cute for their age.

"You know, you act a lot like the Pinkie Pie back in Equestria, Pinkie," Twilight said, rather reminiscent of all the times that her Pinkie had made her crack a few smiles. "Once all this madness with The Blasters is over, I think you and the Equestria Pinkie Pie should meet up and hang out together. I'm sure you'd have a lot to talk about..."

"Well, if this Equestria Me is anything like regular me, we'd probably be talking for hours on end," Pinkie said, stretching out her arms as she did so to bodily explain how long she meant by that. "But knowing me and Equestria Me, we'd also really, REALLY want to stuff our faces with chocolate, candy, and cake! You know, since she's a pony version of me, and all."

"Speakin' o' pony stuff, does Equestria have like its' own currency, or do ya just assume everything there is free?" Applejack decided to ask, interested to know all about Twilight's homeland.

"Well actually, Applejack, we in Equestria do have a currency. Little golden coins called Bits are what's used to make transactions for goods across my home," Twilight began shedding some light on Applejack as she began explaining about Equestria's monetary system. "Usually, one Bit can buy you many things, even just a cherry. Even though you have to haggle sometimes to get a cheap offer, as I've seen Equestria Pinkie do a few times..."

"So, what else are Bits used for, Twilight?" Rarity decided to ask, hoping that she'd be able to learn even more on Equestria and its' monetary workings.

"Well, Bits are also used to bet over things, such as Pegasus races and Earth Pony wrestling matches. We did also have a Unicorn magic-duel sport once, but that quickly went south when somepony accidentally fired a corrosive blast instead of a concussive blast..." Twilight said, remembering a tragedy that befell a poor Unicorn one time. "The poor mare wound in in a coffin, while the winner was thrown into Tartarus for a minimum of forty years..."

"Well... That was... Rather interesting..." Rarity said, through a rather stunned expression upon hearing the last part of that explanation. She was unaware that Unicorns were able to fire spells that melted someone's flesh completely.

"But while that was a one-time thing, you shouldn't let it distract from the fact that Bits have a wide variety of monetary purposes back in Equestria." Twilight finished.

"Alright, girls. We're all checked in now," Sunset handed the girls little keycards for the rooms they were staying in. Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity had Room 2576. Pinkie Pie and Applejack had 2578. And finally, Sunset and The Dazzlings had Room 2577. "We're staying on the twenty-fifth floor of the hotel, which I've heard has some beautiful views at night..."

Without question, the girls all got up and made their way towards a nearby elevator that lead towards the rooms. They walked down a beautiful red carped with tiny golden dots lining it. Then, they arrived in a smaller part of the room which housed six golden metallic double-doors. Adagio pushed a nearby button on a console and waited patiently with the other girls.

Suddenly, a ding noise was heard, opening up one of the metallic doors in front of the girls. They all filed into what looked like a small room with metallic walls and a carpet floor. When they were all inside, they noticed a bigger console on the side, which had numbered buttons that counted all the way up to 49 before stopping. The last button read "Penthouse", but it had a lock that was preventing anyone else but the holder of the key to make it up to that last floor.

"Mommy, what does this penthouse button mean?" Sonata asked, looking at the penthouse button with a rather curious look on her face. As she was talking, she failed to notice that Aria had push the button for Floor 25, and that the metallic door had closed in front of them.

"Oh, well there's a special extra floor called the Penthouse. It's the most upgraded room in the whole house, complete with a variety of first class features to impress anyone who stays in it," Sunset began explaining to Sonata as the lift suddenly began moving upwards towards Floor 25. "But the Penthouse is only for those who really want to stay here in style, and costs roughly around fifty-thousand dollars for one night. Don't even get me started if you'd want to live there for twenty days..."

"Even I'm not good with money, but I know that from experience, that's a LOT of it. That'd take me forever to earn with the wages I earn!" Pinkie said, quirky as always.

"Actually, it'd only take you around a year and a half, Pinkie," Sunset said as they got closer and closer to the floor where they'd be staying in. "Didn't you hear about the wage increase recently? Now, minimum wage is only fifty dollars an hour. Since you work on a seventy-five dollar wage for each hour, that'd take you roughly five hundred and forty three working days before you'd get here."

"I know that, but in Pinkie Pie Years, that counts as forever!" Pinkie said as the lift finally stopped with a ding, revealing what looked like the exact same room as the foyer.

The group walked out of the lift and saw that instead of a foyer, there was a corridor of hotel doors, each with numbers carved into golden plates. The girls walked down the corridor and used the signs on the walls to find their ways towards their rooms for the night.

"Sonata, I have to ask. Why did you still call me Mommy, even after you finally remembered everything that happened?" Sunset asked Sonata, who was rather focused on trying to stay awake past her bedtime.

"Well, truth be told, I never really had a mother..." Sonata explained as the group continued to walk down the corridor. "King Allure created us with his singing, so we were technically never even born to begin with. But after we sang the Second Life Song, it felt like we'd truly been born..."

"Since we sang the Second Life Song, we found you to be more of a mother than anything else could ever have hoped to have been," Aria spoke, in a rather glad voice when she too looked at Sunset. "For over ten years, you've raised the three of us like your own flesh and blood, and we're quite happy to be your children, Mommy..."

"They're both right, Mommy. You've truly acted like the most generous, loyal, kind, hilarious, and honest mother we could have ever hoped for..." Adagio finally added on, rubbing her eyes and letting out a yawn. "Even now, when we've finally remembered what we truly are, that still won't deny the fact that you are our TRUE mother, Sunset Shimmer..."

"Thanks, girls. It's been an absolute wonder for me to look after you all..." Sunset let out little smiles before noticing they were almost about to fall asleep. "But I think you've done enough walking... Just sleep, my little Dazzlings. Close your eyes and let your dreams take hold..."

Almost instantly, The Dazzlings' eyelids drooped down and closed up tightly, a sign that all three of them fell asleep. They fell backwards and almost landed on the soft carpet, but Twilight, Fluttershy, and Sunset picked the three of them up and gently carried them to their room.

"Are they always this cute when they sleep?" Fluttershy asked as they finally arrived at the rooms where they'd be staying for the week.

"Yeah, they are..." Twilight whispered, so as not to wake The Dazzlings from their rather calm slumber.

The girls quickly opened up Room 2577 and helped Sunset with The Dazzlings. It wasn't long before the six of them undressed the sleeping Furens and dressed them up in rather soft pajamas. Within seconds, Adagio, Aria and Sonata were dressed up in pajama versions of their outfits for the Final Battle Of The Bands which had cleansed their souls of darkness ten years ago.

When they were finally dressed up in their new clothes, The Dazzlings were quickly tucked into one of the two hotel beds. The three of them were put together, with Adagio in the middle of Aria and Sonata. Then, once they were quietly tucked in for the night, Sunset leaned down and kissed their foreheads whilst they slumbered.

"Sleep tight, you three. Tomorrow, we've got a big day here in Coltimore..." Sunset said as the girls quickly gave The Dazzlings' room keys to her. Then, they quietly walked out of the room and began to head back to the car so that they could unpack their things.