• Published 8th Dec 2014
  • 3,001 Views, 145 Comments

The Siren Song: Razzle Dazzle - Shadowmane PX-41



As the trilogy of The Dazzlings and The Blasters continues, we find Adagio, Aria and Sonata take on their toughest challenge yet... Fitting in at Elementary School...

  • ...
9
 145
 3,001

Courageour's Arrival

Once the battle was over, the light had returned to a more suitable state. As for the humans that were seen on the streets, they merely shrugged what had happened off and went back to what they were doing before that.

After The Dazzlings, Twilight and Sunset had made sure that there were no more monsters from Euphoria, the three swords that Adagio, Aria and Sonata held vanished in a red light. They all looked surprised once the swords had vanished, but were even more surprised that the humans weren't really bothered by what had just happened.

"Why would Blissen monsters want to attack?" Sunset asked, questioning why Blissen creatures were after The Dazzlings, besides the fact that they were allied with The Blasters. "I thought that Blissen monsters were supposed to govern peace, not violence..."

"Maybe The Blasters promised them a stake in the status quo if they were successful in reviving the Siren species..." Twilight said, making a plausible explanation for what had just happened back there. She knew that it was far-fetched, but it was the only one she had at this point. "Maybe, The Blasters promised that they'd be able to fight alongside other Blissens once their plan came to fruition..."

"Are you sure, Twilight?" Sunset asked, concerned whether or not Twilight was starting to just make stuff us as she went along.

"It's not much, I'll admit. But it's all we have at this moment," Twilight said, walking back inside the house. "For the time being, we still need to keep The Dazzlings safe. But for future reference, I'm taking the books on Furen and Blissen with us, in case any more of those monsters decide to ambush the five of us..."

Sunset watched as Twilight ran up the stairs to go and grab the books. Later, Sunset saw Twilight rushing back down the stairs with the books of Furen and Blissen in her hands.

"If we can keep the books with us, we'll be able to look up whatever The Dazzlings fight, and try to find some weaknesses in their technique or armour." Twilight said, explaining to Sunset why the two books were more valuable to the five of them even more than before.

"Twilight, have I ever told you that you are the smartest person in the entire world?" Sunset smiled, seeing that Twilight once more had an ace in the hole. She showed much more enthusiasm than before once Twilight had finished explaining. It truly was a relief that Twilight had a plan of action for such an occurrence like this.

"So, what do we do now, Mommy?" Sonata asked, gently pulling on Sunset's skirt to grab her attention. She looked up at Sunset with desperate eyes once more. She knew that it wouldn't be over for her, Aria and Adagio. Not by a long shot...

"I'm not sure, Sonata..." Sunset said, turning to Twilight for another answer. Even though she had the answer for fighting back against the forces of Lyrica, she still didn't know what the plan of action was now. "What about you, Twilight? What do you think we should do now?"

"Well, first we need to make sure that our friends are alright..." Twilight said, remembering that her Human World friends would be in just as much danger as well, since they were allied with her, Sunset and The Dazzlings. "If the forces of Lyrica find out that our friends are allied with us in this fight, they might just try and attack them as well. If we don't hurry, Fortissimo might be trying to convert the five of them into Sirens as well..."

"Well, what are we waiting for?!" Sunset said, showing some encouragement as she began running down the streets in an attempt to find their friends before something grave befell them. "We need to save the world! Come on!"

Twilight and The Dazzlings immediately chased after Sunset, who was rather far from their original point at this moment. The five of their frenzied faces were a sure sign that they were determined to rescue their friends from whatever was befalling them. They sprinted down the streets and hurried past a number of houses on their way to get to Twilight's friends.


"What are these things?" Fluttershy asked, shivering in fear as she and the rest of the Humane 5 were surrounded by more slender humanoids from Euphoria. However, unlike the Smiles that The Dazzlings had fought, these new monsters had crystals poking out of their limbs and had crystalline faces. Their swords were purely made out of fragments of one big diamond, and their armour was no different to the rest of their body.

"I don't really know, Fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash said, showing her own sign of fear as the crystal-coated monsters outstretched their limbs and strode around the Humane 5 as a sign of victory. Rainbow Dash felt her cuts and bruises as the creatures danced around her and her friends.

"Well there's only one thing we can do now, Rainbow Dash..." Rarity said, taking in a massive gasp of breath. She filled her lungs with a large portion of air and puffed out her cheeks. Once she did, Rarity put on the part of damsel-in-distress as she let out a scream for help "HELP ME!"

"What are you doing, Rarity?!" Rainbow Dash asked, with a little look of frustration showing on her face. "You know that there's no-one coming to help us!"

"Harumph! Honestly, Rainbow Dash. Have you not heard of the term 'damsel-in-distress'?" Rarity said, shooting a rather bemused look at the rainbow-haired girl. "It's been proven in every tale with a damsel-in-distress, that having the damsel call out for help usually gets her help at a rather rapid pace."

"But let's be honest here, Rarity," Applejack said, adding some practicality to this dilemma that the Humane 5 found themselves in. "Who in the heck is gonna save us from these things?"

Suddenly, the creatures were struck with three swords, causing them to stop their erratic dance and look at who had attacked them. They looked and saw their targets, Adagio, Aria and Sonata. The creatures broke away from the Humane 5 and turned towards The Dazzlings.

"You're not gonna like what you're up against here, girls..." Twilight said, looking at the page that perfectly matched what these figures looked like. She was holding up the Blissen book, since these humanoid figures had blue Blissen pendants around their necks. "According to the book, you're up against Generosities...

Each of the Generosities swung their swords, creating small crystal pillars with each swing. They slashed the pillars, breaking them up and sending the remnants of the fractured gems at Twilight, Sunset and The Dazzlings, who sidestepped out of the way to avoid being struck by the glass shards.

Second Joyzeren

GENEROSITY

Gifts

"Now, I want the three of you to take caution when fighting them. Who knows what-" Before Twilight could finish, The Dazzlings charged towards the Generosities, their swords ready to slice their opposition up. "W-Wait! You haven't read all about them yet!"

"We'll wing it, Auntie Twilight!" Aria called back before locking swords with one of the Generosities. She looked the beast in the eyes and tried to push the sword back and knock the Generosity off guard.

Meanwhile, Adagio and Sonata were performing a series of flexible dodges, evading all the crystals that the Generosities spawned and destroyed with their swords. Every time the two of them saw an opening, they seized it and charged towards the Generosities. They charged towards the beasts and dealt powerful downward slashes, causing the beasts to reel backwards.

"Sonny, you handle those two!" Adagio said, directing Sonata's attention to two more Generosities which were closing in on Aria. Adagio watched as Sonata went off to deal with the two of then before returning her attention to the Generosity that she'd been duelling.

The three Furens were rather capable fighters, even as children. They quickly dodged whenever a Generosity brought up a crystal pillar to strike and then counterattacked when they had the opening.

Once Adagio was about to deal the finishing blow to a Generosity, she quickly remembered another memory where she called up special devices to destroy denizens of Euphoria. Once the memory had finished, she kicked the Generosity back and readied her sword once more.

"Arnzel!" Adagio said, trapping the Generosity in what looked like a giant pressing device. She walked over to a lever once she saw the Generosity try to push the press up and keep itself from being flattened. With the Generosity struggling, Adagio put her hands on the nearby lever and pushed with all of her might.

As Adagio pushed the lever, the beast began to get down into a squatting position as the press began to move down. Seeing the beast struggle, Adagio added more force, forcing the Generosity down even further. With one final burst of strength, Adagio pushed the lever all the way and completely flattened the Generosity into a pancake. She watched as it flew out like paper caught in the wind before it disappeared in the light, as well as the giant pressing device.

Twilight and Sunset watched in awe as soon as the device had vanished. They weren't aware that Sirens were capable of performing such feats like that. It seemed that summoning monsters wasn't the only trick that Lyricans had after all. The two of them then wondered why such power wasn't used ten years ago, before the Second Life Song had been sung.

They then turned their attention back to Aria and Sonata, who were mopping up the last of the beings of Euphoria. They watched as the last two beings were cut into little pieces of gemstone, all of which tinkled as they touched the floor. They watched as Aria and Sonata knocked the beasts onto their backs, the light suddenly enveloping the Generosities.

With one final move, The Dazzlings charged towards the last Generosity that stood in their way. They were about to raise their swords to strike, when the being pulled up another pillar. The three of them thought fast and charged forward with their blades pointing towards the beast. With a triumphant yell, they dashed straight through the pillar, causing the remnants to engulf and cut the last Generosity up rather badly.

If that wasn't enough, the three of them stuck their swords straight through the creature's Blissen pendant and pulled it out once it had hit the floor. They watched as the last Generosity disappeared in a flash of blue light, as all its' comrades had before it. After it had vanished, The Dazzlings let their swords vanish away as well.

Once all that had been done, the Humane 5 got to their feet and walked over to Twilight and Sunset with their mouths agape. They'd never seen such an incredible feat, performed by The Dazzlings, no less. They closed up their mouths and quickly waved hello to the two of them before looking back at Adagio, Aria and Sonata.

"What was that all about?" Rainbow Dash asked, still curious to know what had happened and why those creatures had attacked them.

"Ooh! Let me guess!" Pinkie said, still as quirky as ever, even after she and the other girls had diced with death back there. "Uhh... Does it involve cake?"

"No, Pinkie." Sunset said, not even wishing that that scenario was true.

"Or maybe it involves a party of some description!" Pinkie said as she pulled out a clipboard from out of nowhere and plucked a pen from her hair. "My regular fee is 15 dollars an hour, and I'm free on every day except spring cleaning day. Honestly, why does that even exist anyways?"

"Pinkie! This is nothing to do with any food or parties of any description!" Twilight said, a little frazzled that Pinkie Pie was that blindsighted to the truth. She knew that it was just Pinkie being Pinkie, but it was getting on her nerves that even she didn't know what had just happened. "This is to do with Adagio, Aria and Sonata here."

"So? What's the story, sugarcube?" Applejack asked, wondering if Twilight had the answers for what she and the other girls had gone through.

"It seems like The Blasters are finally starting to test out The Dazzlings, wondering how many of those things they can send before they drop down in exhaustion," Twilight decided to explain to the girls, hoping that they'd be following on with her story. "They must have seen that The Dazzlings are getting their powers back, and as such, they're calling the cavalry to fight their battles for them..."


Back in Lyrica, Fortissimo and The Blasters were watching the clock counting down on what looked like its' last minute. They were lounging on sunbeds which had been made purely by their power alone. They then watched as the Siren 5 were swinging their swords, trying to get some practice in for future battles that they'd be facing.

Once they were satisfied with how their puppets were coming along with their training, they looked at the clock once more, seeing that it now read thirty seconds. Courageour was about to arrive in the Human World, and The Blasters' insidious smiles grew once the clock ticked down further and further.

It went down from fifteen seconds, then ten seconds, and finally five seconds. Once the clock had finally run out of time, the rectangle vanished, causing a rather otherworldly chime to ring through the sanctum for the eight Sirens to hear. Once this noise could be heard, The Siren 5 returned to The Blasters, who turned their attention to the orb once again.

"Get ready, Dazzlings... Your time's run out..." Fortissimo said, his sinister smile growing once he watched the eight girls rapidly turn to look in one direction where Courageour landed in the Human World. He watched as the ten of them then ran off towards Courageour, a date with destiny travelling with them. "I hope you've got some of your courage back. But if not, Courageour will be happy to oblige...


A loud noise was heard in the sky, causing the ten girls to stop their little talk and look upwards. They all saw a massive flash of light, with a giant entity whooshing out of it and flying downwards towards the world. They watched as the giant being crashed into another part of the city, the buildings obscuring its' precise location on where it crashed.

"What was that?!" Twilight and Rainbow Dash said together. They were both as surprised as each other. After all these years of being in the Human World, they'd never seen such an occurrence such as that, even with all the other things that had happened to the two of them over the years.

"I don't really know... But I think it landed straight in the middle of the baseball stadium!" Rarity said, remembering what those buildings covered up. She looked shocked, seeing that such a giant being would appear at such a colossal place.

"We have a baseball stadium?" Pinkie asked, clearly unaware of the news that had been passed down to her. She watched as the other girls ran forward a few feet, only to feel the wind blowing in their faces with the impact of that giant being.

"What's baseball, Auntie Rarity?" Adagio asked, wondering what the concept meant. Even though she was capable of handling herself in combat, Adagio still had a lot to learn about this world and its' cultures.

"It's an awesome sport, Adagio. One that those monsters are gonna try and mess up!" Rainbow Dash said, a look of determination showing on her face as she pushed a button on a special trinket shaped like her Cutie Mark. "Well, I'm not gonna let that happen! No game of baseball should be called off, not by rain, not by players giving up, not even by massive freak from another world!"

Within seconds of the button being pressed, a car with rainbow decals pulled up in front of the ten girls. There was no-one driving it, much to the surprised of everyone besides Rainbow Dash. Once it had stopped, Rainbow Dash hopped over the doors and sat down in the driver's seat, pushing a button to unlock the doors for her friends.

"Get in, girls! We've got a game to save!" she said as she watched the girls quickly file into the car, taking their seats at the end so that they could let their friends slide in.

Once everyone was seated and buckled up, Rainbow Dash floored it, getting the car to speed of at a rather rapid pace. This got the other girls to jump in surprise as she quickly made a sharp turn towards another road. The wind roared in their faces as the car sped down street after street after street.

"Why do you have to go this fast, Rainbow Dash?" Rarity asked in between roars of air as the car drew closer and closer to the ever-growing baseball stadium.

"Chillax, Rares. Once we get there, we'll be ready to handle anything!" she said as she quickly looked back at her friends in the mirror, seeing that they were all frazzled by the air that was rushing through their hair. "And besides, it's not like we can't handle ourselves after what we've all been through, right?"

"I guess you're right about that, Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy said, her usual timidity showing as the car made another sharp turn towards the stadium, where that being had landed with such a furious velocity. She held onto her hair with every turn, so that it wasn't blown into another style with the intense speeds that Rainbow Dash was driving at.

"I just hope we're not too late..." Rainbow Dash said as the group finally arrived at the stadium. She parked the car, unlocked it and leapt out, leaving the other girls to climb out of it normally.


Meanwhile, inside the stadium, there was a large crater where Courageour had landed. The rest of stadium seemed unharmed as he finally climbed out. Once he was out, he picked up his sword and opened his eyes. His eyes were balls of blue energy, seeing as he was an envoy from Euphoria.

"At long last..." he felt his Hippocampi scarf flutter in the wind of the impact, seeing that a challenge would finally come his way in a moment. Feeling The Dazzlings' presence, he merely rubbed his pendant and sighed in pure satisfaction. "They're here..."

Author's Note:

Now then, this is probably the only chapter that I'll be releasing before I finally get my computer back from the guys at HP. But I suppose you're all wondering how I could write without my computer? Simple. Dad leant me his computer to use whilst mine's being repaired.

So yeah, you have him to thank for all this. Oh, and speaking of people you'll have to thank. You'll have to give a huge thank you to Ryuku the Creative for supplying me with the new cover art for the story. Give her a massive thanks for all his/her work. He/She deserves it, after all. Cheers, Ryuku! You rock!

Lauren: Alright, little one. Time for bed...

Me: Aww, but I'm not tiwed yet...

Sonata: That's not what you're eyes are saying, Shadowmane.

Me: Stay up, eyes! Yoo wanna pway some mowe dun- Zzzzzz....

Adagio: Gotta love how that happens.

Aria: Makes our job much easier, don't you think?