• Published 8th Dec 2014
  • 3,001 Views, 145 Comments

The Siren Song: Razzle Dazzle - Shadowmane PX-41



As the trilogy of The Dazzlings and The Blasters continues, we find Adagio, Aria and Sonata take on their toughest challenge yet... Fitting in at Elementary School...

  • ...
9
 145
 3,001

Return To Equestria (Part 2)

"Have you found it yet, Twilight?" Sunset asked as she tossed more pieces of The Dazzlings' past lives around the room, desperate to find the Second Life Song that had been used so long ago. To her dismay, it looked like their search was proving fruitless.

"Nothing..." Twilight said as she finally gave up searching and sat down to recollect herself. They'd been ransacking this room for a good ten minutes now and were finding nothing but old clothes and hair accessories. "What if they already took it down with them?"

"Then there's a good chance that someone might have stolen it already." Sunset said, bluntly answering Twilight's question as she finally gave up herself. If the Second Life Song truly had been stolen, then there was a good chance that it was lost forever.

"Well, it doesn't hurt to look, does it?" Twilight explained, slumping herself against the wall near the door. She had another hunch as to where the Second Life Song could have been. "Think about it, Sunset. The Dazzlings might have needed to hold on to the song itself, in case they forgot the lyrics mid-verse."

"Well, that's one alternative..." Sunset had had time to process that alternate scenario of events and finally got up to her feet again. As Twilight had said, there was no penalty for checking it out themselves. "Well, we might as well try looking there. We've already spent at least ten to fifteen minutes in here, after all."

"Now, Sunset. If we can't find the Second Life Song down there, we might have to search for the Pit Of Lyrics ourselves." Twilight reminded Sunset of the outcome if they couldn't find the song elsewhere. She knew she didn't have to remind Sunset, but it was good to remind her nonetheless.

"I understand." she responded, knowing that Twilight's words might well come into play if they couldn't find the piece of sheet music anywhere.


Twilight and Sunset returned to the garage where The Dazzlings had sang their last song. They decided to check everything that hadn't already been stolen from the house, in case the Second Life Song fell to a much safer place. Boxes were opened, shelves were cleared out and even old pieces of unused junk were tossed aside to find that one piece of sheet music.

They had checked at least every nook and cranny to find the piece, but were finding no luck here as well. Twilight and Sunset were about to give up as well, until they discovered a faint glow coming from underneath the box that they were sitting on.

"Do you think it's here?" Twilight asked as she examined the glowing floor which shone a little brighter as she put her hands on the box. It felt a little redundant, asking something which was fairly obvious to the two of them.

"There's a good chance that it might be..." Sunset said back as they both held onto the box pretty tightly. They both knew it just from glancing at each other that this was where the Second Life Song would be found. "Alright. On three, we lift this thing up."

"Okay then." Twilight said, tightening her grip on the box, ready to expect the unexpected.

"One... Two... Three!" the two of them said together, getting a good grasp on the box before hurling upwards, revealing the contents inside.

There it lay, the Second Life Song. Even after 6 years, it was still as pristine and new as the grass that grows. There were some scribbled notes on the Second Life Song which indicated that The Dazzlings wrote about Sunset before they sang this song, but Sunset paid no mind to them and picked the sheet music up.

Once she did, the scribbled notes instantly disappeared in a blindingly bright flash of light. They both marvelled at such a powerful piece of paper, knowing that it had the power to erase memories and age as well as the notes of the parent the singer or singers wished to have once it had come to its' conclusion.

"This is it... The Second Life Song..." Twilight said, feeling the magic for a brief moment before it faded away into nothingness. She knew that the song had ran out of power in the Human World and needed to be recharged back in Equestria. She was more immersed in the secrets that this song held.

"So, this is the song that transformed The Dazzlings into my new children..." Sunset said, gazing at the golden piece of paper with looks of awe starting to show. She'd never in her life seen a song with such incredible power and the thought of replenishing the magic it brandished intrigued her.

"So, now that we've got the song, we need to get back to the portal," Twilight said, furthering the plan to Sunset as she took the Second Life Song. "If I can use my Alicorn Magic to back-trace the origin of the song, it'll lead me and my Equestria friends straight to the long-lost Pit Of Lyrics."

"Are you sure that you'll be able to handle yourself back there, Twilight?" Sunset wanted to know as the two of them finally got out of the garage and made their way back to the car. "What if The Blasters have the ability to travel to Equestria as well? You might not be able to stand up to them, even with the Magic of Friendship..."

"Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it..." Twilight said back, putting that thought off for a while as she got back into the car and sat down on her seat. She buckled herself in and waited for Sunset to get in as well. "And if The Blasters do try anything funny, our new power might be able to fend them off. Maybe not defeat them, but cripple them for a while..."

"So when you say new power, what do you mean by that?" Sunset looked curious as the two of them began the trip to the portal. If Twilight and her friends had even more power than before, then she wanted to know exactly how much.

"Well, when me and my Equestria friends earned the keys from all the ponies, breezies and even from the draconequus we helped, we used them to open up a chest we received from the Tree of Harmony," Twilight began explaining. "When it was opened up, we were enveloped in rainbow-energy and had a massive surge of power surging throughout us during our final assault on Tirek. It was just enough to overcome all the magic he'd taken from everyone in Equestria and send him right back to Tartarus, to spend another eternity rotting for his crimes."

"Wow..." Sunset looked awestruck at this new information. She knew that Twilight was powerful before, but the news of her brand new-and-improved Magic of Friendship had given her a sense of relief. "So, you think you can use this new power to fend off The Blasters?"

"I hope so..." Twilight said as they finally saw CHS in the distance and knew what needed to be done.

It was a rather bittersweet feeling, seeing the walls of Canterlot High School after all these years had passed. They remembered all the time they had spent here, albeit rather short and always to eliminate a force of darkness. Despite all those memories, hey also remembered all the good things as well. Feelings of getting the school back together with another when something tried to drive them farther and farther away from each other.

"It's been so long since I last came here..." Sunset sighed as she admired the high school's walls after so much time away from them. She never thought she'd have missed the school that much since she graduated a few years back. All the memories continued to flow back as she got out of the car and made her way over to the statue where the portal stood.

"Well, here we are, Twilight. I believe this is your stop?" she said as she escorted Twilight out of the car and over to the mirror back to Equestria.

Twilight looked at the majestic statue-portal combo for the first time in what seemed like years. She was quite glad to see that it was still standing even after the many years she'd spent away from Canterlot High School. Upon arriving at the portal itself, she pressed her hand against the glass and smiled when it fazed right through it.

"Here it is, Twilight, the portal back to Equestria. Last chance to back out, huh?" Sunset looked pretty confident as she looked at Twilight putting the rest of her arm through the portal.

"Don't worry about me. I'm sure me and my friends will be able to fend off The Blasters if they try pursuing us here," Twilight smiled as she held up the Second Life Song in her free hand and looked closely at it. "You just need to make sure The Dazzlings are safe and sound here in the Human World."

"I'll do my best, Twilight." Sunset responded at Twilight put her front leg through the portal. "Good luck in finding the Pit of Lyrics."

"I'll see you soon, Sunset..." Twilight said as she vanished through the portal, out of Sunset's sight.


Twilight's Equestria friends were all lounging around her throne room for what seemed like the 1,678th day since she'd left for the Human World. They'd all been counting the days in hope that she would return home soon. However, it seemed like their hopes were starting to wear thin.

"Ooh... Where is she?!" Pinkie said, repeatedly jogging in place. She couldn't bear the suspense anymore, the sweat that streamed down her face showed her signs of worry. "I hope they didn't con her into staying in that other world... Who knows what sort of sorcery those meanies on the other side use?"

"Pinkie, ya need ta stop yer fussin' over Twilight's extended stay in this other world," Applejack said, trying to talk some sense into the panicking pink mare. "Ah'm sure that whatever reason Twilight has ta stay in this other world longer than ya think is a perfectly valid one."

"I agree with Applejack here," Fluttershy stepped in, her voice as timid as usual. "After all, Twilight did mention that The Dazzlings had been transformed into infants with the Second Life Song. So maybe she decided to take a longer stay to help Sunset with being a good mother figure."

"Even so, we can't let Twilight's extended leave of absence keep us from defending Equestria," Rarity added to the conversation. "With Twilight gone, this world is like an unfinished dress. You have to make do with what you have."

"Normally, I'd agree with ya on that, Rares. But it's been over four years since Twilight left to help Sunset out with the Sirens." Rainbow Dash stated the obvious. "Normally, I'd say that there's nothing to worry about, but now I'm starting to get a little worried myself..."

Suddenly, the portal began to glow violently. This caught the attention of all five of the mares as they now got up to their hooves and examined the portal's illuminating flash. It shot out a purple alicorn that they all knew too well before returning to a more neutral state of power.

"Twilight!" the mares all said together, happy to see their friend return after all these years. They all ran up to her and gave her a big group hug once she finally got back onto four pony legs.

"Hello, girls." Twilight said as she finally got back into being a pony again after all the time she'd spent away from Equestria. Her stance was a little bit wobbly, but she was glad to be back with her real friends.

"So, how'd it go?" Applejack asked as the hug finally came to an end.

"Good. In fact, it's going rather great!" Twilight said, sharing all the happy times that she and Sunset spent with The Dazzlings back in the Human World. "Adagio, Aria and Sonata are coming up wonderfully."

"Oh, are those the names of those Sirens?" Pinkie asked, jumping into the conversation with merely a thought or warning. "Pretty ironic for three girls who affiliate themselves with music all the time, don't ya think?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Twilight cracked a smile upon hearing Pinkie's joke. While she did find the Human World Pinkie to be enjoyable as well, it was Equestria Pinkie that truly had more of a humorous impact on her.

"Well, it's good ta have ya back, Twilight," Applejack said, putting a hoof on her shoulder after what seemed like years. "We've all been missin' ya. Heck, even Spike's been worried sick."

"Where is he now?" Twilight asked, wondering where her most trusty assistant could have possibly been over the past few years.

"Since we were able ta tell him that ya'd gone off ta help Sunset, he found comfort with the Crystal Ponies back in the Crystal Empire. Ah'm sure he'd be happy ta see ya after all this time." Applejack responded, giving Twilight as honest an answer as possible.

"Well, I'm glad to know that he's alright..." Twilight said, feeling not only grateful for Spike's current condition, but also worried whether or not he knew that she'd returned to Equestria.

"So, what are you back here for, Twilight?" Rarity decided to ask, wondering if she could offer her assistance once more to the almighty purple alicorn.

"Well, I need to do a little travelling," Twilight began as she levitated the Second Life Song away from the portal and brought it up so that the rest of the group could see it clearly. "I found the song that The Dazzlings used to start a new life, but I'm wondering if the place of origin has any clues that can help us out against a new threat to possibly both our worlds if left unchecked."

"Uhh... English, Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked, wanting a more clearer answer after hearing Twilight's more logical take on the situation at hand.

"I'm taking this song back to the Pit Of Lyrics so that we can find something to defeat The Dazzlings' brothers." she responded, aggravated that Rainbow Dash didn't catch on with what she'd explained.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa! You never told us those meanie Sirens had BROTHERS!" Pinkie said, shaking Twilight like a lifeless ragdoll. She then rapidly calmed down as she got a crazy thought in her head. "What do you think? Should I use streamers or balloons to decorate for their reunion party?"

"Pinkie, now's not the time to-"

"Oh! Or maybe I should just use both! That way, they'll be able to appreciate either of the choices I've made for them!" Pinkie said, making another party idea for her fantasized Siren reunion.

"Pinkie, this really isn't the best time to discuss a possi-"

"And while we're at it, why not go all out and add automatic Party Cannons and spotlights to the party venue!" Pinkie said, completely ignoring Twilight altogether. "I can just see it now... The Dazzlings and The Blasters, back together after all these years of-"

"Pinkie! The Blasters are unlike The Dazzlings! They're cold-hearted heathens who plan on reviving the entire Siren SPECIES!" Twilight grabbed Pinkie's mouth, finally breaking her out of her fantasies and getting the whole group to stop in complete shock and awe.

"SPECIES?!" all the mares said together, completely shocked at what they'd just heard. Twilight had told them of The Dazzlings, but that only seemed like the tip of the iceberg once they'd finally processed what she'd just outburst to them all. Now they all looked panicked and worried.

"Sorry for putting you all on edge there, but I needed to explain why The Blasters are such malicious Sirens before SOMEPONY distracts us all with a party fantasy!" she shot a death-glare at Pinkie, causing her to zip up her mouth in silence.

"Now then, if you'd let me finish..." Twilight made absolutely sure that there were no more distractions from the silent, yet quivering mares that were her Equestria friends. "I'm going to cast a spell on this sheet of music, which will shoot a stream of light, leading us to the long-lost Pit Of Lyrics. Once we get there, we're going to find clues on The Blasters and Lyrica, systematically increasing our knowledge and giving us a chance to find their weaknesses."

"So, what are you waiting for? Cast it already!" Rainbow Dash said, shooting off one of her usually cocky smiles as she let Twilight do her work.

Twilight illuminated her horn, hearing the magic form itself after what seemed like years. Once it was lit, she fired a stream of magenta energy onto the Second Life Song, causing it to glow an even brighter colour. After a few seconds of glowing, a full circle of light came from the front of the Second Life Song. Once it had done this, it shot a beam of light out the window towards the more southern reaches of Equestria, flying over the town and going past the mountains into the distance.

"Looks like we're heading south." Twilight said, stating the obvious as she saw where the beam of light was pointing.

"Come on, girls. We need to hurry," she got the group to start walking out of the castle, towards the point where the light went off into the farther reaches of Equestria. Before she went, she picked up the Second Life Song and put it into her nearby saddlebags. Then she levitated them onto her back and gave the other girls their saddlebags before they went off towards the Pit Of Lyrics. "Who knows how much time we have..."


Meanwhile, back in The Blasters' throne room in the ruined castle, they were all gazing at a massive magical sphere with a red and blue glow. It was using this, that they were able to monitor Twilight and all her friends back in Equestria.

"Come on, girls. We need to hurry. Who knows how much time we have..." Twilight's voice came from the sphere as well, so that they knew exactly what she was saying.

"These are the legendary Spirits of Harmony?" Allegro said as he eyed up all six of the ponies that made their way out of the castle. He looked at how weak and feeble the ponies looked, in comparison to their human counterparts. "How pathetic..."

"It truly is a wonder how these mere infants of the magical arts managed to defeat Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek," Fortissimo said, gloating as he watched the Mane 6 leaving Ponyville and heading towards the beam of light. "Hell, Adagio would have taken Aria and Sonata and mopped up all three of those crooks with little to no effort. If only she hadn't been sent to the Human World, then she could have utilized her Furen energy to kick those villains into next millennium..."

"Which almost makes me wonder why they shapeshifted into Hippocampi in the first place..." Orchestral said, remembering that The Dazzlings dared not to show their true forms to Equestria. "I mean, I know it's to conceal their true forms, but why? Why would they disguise themselves as a Furen Summon for BEGINNERS? With all their power, you'd expect them to transform into freaking Deceptions for crying out loud!"

"Even so, that would cast even more suspicion on Deceptions from Dystopia," Allegro said, showing Orchestral an image of a ghastly figure with a snake's head, but a more humanoid body with a cloak and armed with poisoned longswords. "And we need all the Dystopia monsters we can get, should the balance become more of a case of pearls before swine."

"Enough bickering, boys!" Fortissimo said, getting the two of them to stop their little discussion. "Even so, if the Spirits of Harmony find the hidden portal back to Lyrica and find our true home, then it'll pique their curiosity on a number of levels. And once they arrive in Lyrica, all immunities they have to Siren Magic will become null and void. I noticed that the Spirits of Harmony aren't easily swayed with Siren Magic, but them arriving in Lyrica will enable them to be brainwashed into our puppets, or toys if you will."

"Just think of how juicy that would be..." Orchestral made another one of his devilish smiles, finally catching on with Fortissimo's plan to erase the Mane 6 from the equation and secure a reunion with Sonata. "Have the Spirits of Harmony from the Human World fight with the Spirits of Harmony from Equestria, minus the Human Twilight after all..."

"Even with the Equestrian Magic that rubbed off of them during their time with Princess Twilight at Canterlot High School, that still won't be enough to break our spell over the Equestria Spirits of Harmony," Allegro said, making his own evil smile as he could see the events already happening before they even begin. "They'll all be quivering with fear, at the fact that the only pony to complete their little musical counter-spell again, will be on OUR side this time!"

"So why bother chasing after the Spirits? Let them come to us..." Fortissimo smiled as he reclined on his custom-made throne once again. "We'll make sure to put on a really good show for the six of them..."

The other Blasters sat down once again and shared in another evil laugh with Fortissimo, as they watched Twilight and her Equestria friends heading towards the Pit Of Lyrics, blissfully unaware that the six of them were trotting straight towards their doom...

Author's Note:

Now then, in answer to Pinkie Pie's question about the number of stars in the night sky, I say there are precisely 29,998,559,671,349 stars in the sky tonight. For those of you who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, check the video on the screen now:

And if you want to see more of my amazing work, you should follow me, favourite my stories and make sure to leave tons and tons of comments. I've probably never told you this before, but I'm heavily fuelled by feedback on my work. Without such wonderful comments saying how good this story is, I might just end up dying...

Alright, that was a bit too much, wasn't it?

Lauren: Definitely too much...

Me: Agh! Wat awe yoo doing hewe, Gwandma?

Lauren: I came to see if you wanted to go swimming with Nighty, Sky Hooves, Autumn, Tia and Lulu.

Me: Weww, since I have been wanting ta swim fow an awfuwwy wong time now, I guess I couwd go wid yoo... (Uses magic to nuzzle into Lauren's coat)

Lauren: Aww... How sweet of you, Shadowmane.

Me: (Looks up with puppy dog eyes) Can we swim now, Gwandma?

Lauren: Of course we can, Shadowmane. (Begins to levitate me out of the room and walk with me over to the hotel pool)

Me: Yay! (Turns to reader) Oh, befowe I go, make suwe dat yoo weave as many comments as possibwe. It hewps me make mowe chaptews fow yoo aww...

Lauren: And make sure that you tell all your friends and followers to help him out with his feedback problem. My grandson needs all the support he can get at this time, what with his mother and auntie turned back into foals, after all... (Walks into lift, levitating me inside)

Me and Lauren: See you soon! (Waves goodbye to the reader before the lift doors close)