• Published 3rd Oct 2014
  • 2,001 Views, 48 Comments

A Boy and his Box - Jake Witt



Minecraft boy and pony arrive in Equestria instead of Minecraftia. Request anything you want and it might be added to the story!

  • ...
60
 48
 2,001

Meeting the 'stache! (Edited 8-24-2015)

I woke up at Canterlot Castle, in a free room set up for me in the castle since my return is still too much for Box so... yeah. I heard rustling and turn my head to see someone or something in the room, but my vision is blurred. All I see is blue, a few whites, and it looks like a three headed pony. FLASH! The blinds shot open as Box shakes me fully awake with shock in his eyes. "We're in big, big trouble!" he cried.

I rubbed my eyes to see the three stunned faces of the critic trio from yesterday. After popping my spine and yawning, I looked to Box with a face that looked like I got high in Cloudsland near a pub with an owner who claimed that he could own a whole country in the sky. Then again I heard something about a flying town governed by pegasi.

"I think I turned them to stone! Oh, Celestia! I don't want the guards getting me!" he panics pacing the room more than what I normally do through habit, oh yeah the critics problem...

"Box. Box. BOOOX! Calm yourself!" I said waving both hands at him. I got out of bed, walked passed Box (who stilled paced in worry... prancing like a pretty little pony...), and slapped the frozen blue stallion. What I didn't expect was his face to feel as hard as a brick wall block and the pain from it flowed into my hand and up my arm leading to me falling to the ground, gripping my hand.

"GAHHH!! Wow! They don't look stoned, but still! Hard as rock, what did you tell them?!" I said through my teeth, catching myself from screaming. Box explained that he told them he could live forever, what his MOD powers could do, and the fact he is best friends with the princesses including a weird thing about also being Celestia's son-brother-champion thing.

"...and so they went from doubting me until I showed the evidence I owned and confirmation from Celestia herself resulting in... THIS!" he said pointing to the ponies, "And they were on a tight schedule! I probably ruined somepony's LIFE!"

If this was a wooden tree library, he would've paced a hole through the ground... wait... Random thought: that would actually be more interesting to see a unicorn- no- NERDY ALICORN in a tree house library made from an actual tree filled with books! That could be an interesting show- wait...

"LEGO BUCKIN' CRAFT!" Box screamed. 5 imaginary bits for my imaginary pony swear jar...

"Idea, what's the most valuable jewel?" I asked, back in... serious mode. Or whatever serious looked like on me.

"Who cares! What do we do?!" he asked in a desperate tone.

"Fine, don't listen to my idea. I'll just take out a diamond or an emerald! That might-" I was suddenly cut off by a hesitant male voice from my left.

"Did... somepony say... EMERALD?!"

We looked back to see the blue stallion's mouth move, then poise back in the "OMG that's amazing" face. I turned to Box, "I'm going to kill him. I hope he likes being stabbed with gold, no stopping me. Imma gonna shank 'im."

Box tackles me, "Don't do it! Whose going to pay me?!"

"Wait! Aren't you a billionaire?!" I ask holding him up with one weak arm.

"I am. I just have a system where I gain money and when pay day comes I chose whether to give them twice or triple the money they give me!" Box says swiping away every sword I conjure up with a swipe of his hooves.

"What?! That's a dumb idea. You could fund other things, ya know!" I said, trying to grab his tail with my box feet.

"When they fail to give me a reason to pay them, I go grocery shopping or just shopping in general! I'm the reason Equestria is the only country who still has valuable gold in the first place. #humblebrag"

"Wait, what about charities? Or the fact you can spawn your own food!" I asked, We stopped the ground struggle, talking like "civilized" ponies.

"I reserve three quarters of a year for my money to go to them. Economy stuff, you won't understand." Box said with a calm tone, "For the other-"

We heard the door slam as our statues left in a hurry with some of the swords gone except for the wooden and stone swords. Box walks to the window as I sit on the ground with me fuming. Gaining rewards from fighting brothers, how foolish.

"What is up with them? Pushing their way into your house, wasting your time-"

"I'm immortal remember? I am made of time."

"That's no reason for such rude behavior from nobles. Nobles! Well, at least I didn't need to scare them long. Lets clean up the swoooords?"

"Done." Box said, proudly.

"How did-?" I began to ask, following Box out of the door.

"Future me came by." Smirking he added, "I'll be right back, I need to spawn a TARDIS! Geronimo!" he said leaping inside a blue box that despawned in a VROOP sound.

And then it hit me, "Hey, he still has my axe!"

"OK. How about this, I keep the axe and splice your DNA with mine later. You should get basic MOD abilities, nothing more." A voice came from behind.

I jump and turned (more like twirl) to see Box behind me. He holds up a hoof before saying, "Time travel. I just relived a boring conversation. No scratch that, stupid. Though I am serious about the DNA splice, hope needles don't scare you."

Wait, did he just say 'needles'?

"Follow me. I also left a note of resignation for them, so I'm going to kill time at Arcade Buzz's shop. He should have some games for a Joyboy and an XBON 360, and trust me you DO NOT want the 'XBONE' it just doesn't feel like a console. 360 forever." he said marching towards town. I decided to follow because 'arcade' sounds promising.


I follow Box (after switching my two-tone green striped PJs with my usual look instantly) into a store that resembles a Game Stop and a movie rental store with extra space to spare. In the demo area a brown colt with an awesome propeller beanie hat can be seen tapping his hoofs on a controller. Piano, guitar, keyboards, and now game controllers, how are these ponies hooves so dexterous? Box follows my gaze before saying, "Oh, that's Arcade's son. Um... Button Smash?"

In reply the colt said, "There's no S. You're getting close."

"Button Mah?" Box asks with a head tilt and a smirk, "Weird name."

"OK. I'm getting. tired." Button walks over a grabs his saddlebag taking out Game Boy Advance-like devise, "Let's get this over with. Are you here to buy or challenge me?"

"Little bit of both, you game, Mash?" Box smirks as Button turns on his Joyboy.

"Just give up. It's what now? 1000 - 1? I want to play someone better, no offense."

"Non taken, but I'm not challenging you." he points to me and the little guy has to stand back in order to look up at my face.

"Wait, me? I haven't played games in... centuries! How do I even beat this kid with my lack of skill?" I asked with hands raised for emphasis.

"Centuries? I'm going to say you're not from this world... I hope your not punishing him. He doesn't look up to it."

"Aw, come on! Here let's try this game!" he points to a game that looks like Sonic the Hedgehog.

"Hmm. Never actually played that one... It seems fair. If he wins, the real challenge starts. And let me tell you, 'Fighting is Magic' is more than just a game to me." he said in a uncertain voice that grew confident and boasting.

I gave it though until, "Wait, a fighting game?" Their ears perked up at my voice, "Can we do that instead? I think I can beat you."

"meh. Your funeral."

Box hands me a Joyboy DS with the game in it, "Good thing we're immortal. Lego, if I was on par with him, it would be cheating. But, since I'm not he lets me use it."

"Why do you want me to play him?" I whisper.

"Gives me time to shop," Box replied.

"Press START already!" I said, and the tall n00b does what I instructed him and we connect our Joyboys while sitting on the ground. What always confuses me is why in Equestria are all the fighters based on Ponyville citizens and few other ponies. He picks Bulk Biceps with a audible "YEEAAHHHH!!!" following it. I pick my first two ponies and working on my third. My custom character, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity looked to be a good team. He picks Celestia and Fluttershy next. Suddenly a P3 shows up, we look around to see noponyelse with a Joyboy, then shrugged. P3 chose [CUSTOM CHARACTER: DOCTOR], Derpy, and Roseluck. Then, the game begins. I get to pick the stage: Apple Jack's Farm.

The stage looks like an apple orchard with apple bloom petals falling in the wind. There is a beautiful sunrise beside the barn in the back ground. There are two apple trees providing the platforms we can stand on.

"Howdy everypony! Ah'm Apple Jack, go git 'em! 3..2..1... FIGHT!" P1, P2, and P3 enter the stage. Their tags pop up as they start moving. "Box01 is running around the field as Fluttershy. If he had a plan, I'd like to know what that- P3 and Game Colt face off with their characters! Doctor makes a right jab as Button ducks and bucks! But wait! The Doctor recovers and let's out the partner Power Up "Lost Muffin" startin' to git mad 'ere!" Derpy and Doctor stampedes towards Button.

"Oh, yeah? Diamond barrage!!! And 20% cooler!" I said increasing the speed of my crystal projectiles and mini-me.

"The Doctor is projectile resistant thanks to "Rose Shield"! But, wait- Button is dashing around and... a few good jabs to the Doctor, great comeback partner!"

"Wait, a narrator is programmed into this game?!"

"Box01 switches to Celestia, but is almost knocked off stage by Button's propelled punch!"

I just decide to keep moving until I figure out what to... wait there's a meter! Odd game, odd rules, and a game to plan out. If I can bring a few punches without gaining damage points up, I think I can beat P3! I rush up to Doctor, a brown stallion, with a solar flare head butt. Wait... I think I recognize him! He was with me in my cell yesterday! An item falls near me and I pick it up.

"Looks like Box01 grabbed that there 'My Little Human Morpher'! That lucky son of a gun!" I press A for an armored anthro Celestia with a broad sword to replace the Celestia I was using. More items fall as Button dual wields two guns and the Doctor holds a fan.

"HA! Like that's going to work!" I said.

From the game, a noble voice replies, "Oi, at least I'm taking the moral high ground! If there were less guns in the world, we would have to focus on real hoof to hoof combat and avoiding knives!"

I lost focus, enough for mini-me to gain some hit points from Box 01. "Focus," the voice said, "Its more fun that way!" I make a mad dash to avoid an overly muscular human version of our princess.

"Box01 actvated the partner Power Up 'Not a Snowflake'! Ya'll better git 'im before he gits ya!"

No joke! The Doctor switched to Roseluck with "Auto Rose Shield" in time to lose one life in a x6 punch-jab combo from a muscular princess! When he came back I swear I heard him whisper "Good bye, Bad Wolf." or something. Suddenly, my meter finally reached level 3! If I can keep my team long enough... Celestia cornered the Doctor until she stopped. Her bulging veined head turned to me.

"MAULING MANTICORE!!" I said as my Fluttershy summoned a crazed manticore.

"I reckon that'll hurt, a lot! Box01 summons a manticore that interrupts Button's team attack! Button fires a few shots from his guns, only slowing the beast until he runs out of ammo and chunks his guns at the animal. Poor, sugarcube is in trouble."

I figured Celestia had better support abilities so I switched to Fluttershy with the "My Little Human" and "Not a Snowflake" ability staying. Fluttershy had a green dress on with pink butterflies on it, looked like something she'd wear at the Gala or a formal gathering. She would've been cute, but Bulk's ability made her look like a butter hulk at a high school dance... My high school at least. Suddenly her costume changes to green spandex and a purple eye mask with bracelets to match. "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!" she shouted.

"Fluttershy Level 2! Equipped with her is the 'Power Pony' Power Up! Now that's just unfair! Oh, speaking of Power Ups... The Doctor got Rainbowfied! Rainbowfied is a new Power Up that allows quick level rising and all stats increase by 5 points!"

"There's stats in this game?!" I asked a loud.

"What?! How'd he get that? It isn't even out, yet!!!" I cry out. Box's friend looks up at me and comments "I still have NO IDEA what is going on!" as I searched for an explanation.

Author's Note:

btw I'm only using "Fighting is Magic" as a name reference. I never actually played it.