• Published 3rd Oct 2014
  • 1,996 Views, 48 Comments

A Boy and his Box - Jake Witt



Minecraft boy and pony arrive in Equestria instead of Minecraftia. Request anything you want and it might be added to the story!

  • ...
60
 48
 1,996

Lyra

Author's Note:

The blue cube is a token from "Applegate" by Flutters Is Shy

I did a quick sweep. I edited the end so people could see what I said.

I stared at the blue box in my hands. Every time I poked it the same call would fill my head. This guy Wade is an Animorph from another Equestria. Yesterday morning upon receiving the token (I started calling it the Teseract because its a glowing blue cube that reminds me more of Avengers than Animorphs) I made a sound that I've tried to make, but soon avoided it. Did I really squee?

What made matters worse, Box was in the room nudging my body. I jumped fully awake as he nudged my body, "Did you just squee? Wooow. What the hay is that?"

"Its a token from another world..." I said. He left me alone for the rest of the day and today. I never ate this morning and decided either I should either call him or brag to everyone and everything. I mean c'mon? The multiverse just gave me a sign to be a neighbor! Besides I owned nearly all of the Animorph books including the big Visor III book and tiny TV show summary books... Have I mentioned what Animorphs are? The last TV show I saw on Earth Netflix, five kids and a blue centaur-like alien gain the ability to become animals to save Earth from tiny slug aliens called "the yerks?" I digress.

They have a two hour limit until they have to get out of their animal/bug/alien forms or else their stuck in those bodies, one of them became stuck and made a whole arc about him running away from home. In reality he was stuck in the form of a hawk, a bird that is common near Fluttershy's cottage. (I could go on, but this is my story.)

Anyway! If I'm going to call a human from an alternate reality I should get this place ready, but first a letter to Swamp Fire. I mean he should know how this works being displaced and all... Or he could care less, who knows? Or the paper might offend him, being a plant and all.

I decided to travel to Twilight's tree on foot (by request of everybody especially Box), opening my map as I left to make sure I was on the safe trail. I passed Fluttershy's- she lives near by? I should visit more often. Back on topic, I arrived in Ponyville... What?!

"Oh, you actually took a walk. Good... and you still have the cube in your hand." Box said in his human form. That wasn't the weird part of it all. All the citizens of Ponyville were wearing their togas and 80s wear from the few day "anthro smoke" dilemma and again, the ponies who refused to wear something had jump suits on. Even when they're ponies?

"Should I even ask what's going on?" I said, pocketing my map.

"Remember Lyra Heartstrings?"

"Never heard of her... Then again, didn't you call it 'Lyra's Dream' or something like that?" I asked, eating a gold apple. Why? I had a low food bar, duh.

"May be you've seen her around. Mint green unicorn with gold magic and a harp cutie mark. She is the pony that started the trend of sitting on your butt while in a chair. She has-"

"Trend? Seriously? ..... Wait, there's chairs in Equestria?" I said looking around.

"We have a sofa and quills store near by as well as park benches, pretty much, everywhere." Box said as he led me to Twilight's tree. We passed multiple ponies while talking about chairs until Box realized the topic change, "Focus! The 'Lyra's dream' has been discovered to be a poison. The Minotaurs sent the smoke back and apparently Lyra somehow gain access to all of the smoke."

"Why would she want the stuff?!" I asked louder than realized. All around ponies gave me a look. It was hard to tell, but from the facehooves I can assume they were thinking, OMC! Does this guy live under a rock?!

Box leaned close to me and whispered, "As your friend and 'still new to this' mentor and rarely adviser of Celestia: Socialize more for everypony's sake."

"Ok. How did she get it?"
"Plot holes has been dug!" replied Pinkie trotting by wearing a suit of pie tins... again.


Finally! I braved the Everfree forest and now I'm feeling more alive by the hour! From atop the biggest tree I've ever seen I found my target: The Castle of the Two Sisters in all it's slightly repaired and blocky glory. Thanks to my new limbs I could scale this tree like nopony's business! With my smoke transferred into magic plus the saved magic in my horn's reserves I could easily teleport most of the way there and still be in my current form. "I'm coming for you, bae, and I will never give up until our hands meet! Or my name isn't Lyra~. Wait, may be I should go with a human name? Or my name isn't Linda!" Goddesses no! That won't work! May be something else...


"Princess Twilight told me you might have an idea as to where Lyra is, Ms. Bon." I informed in the pony filled candy shop of 'BonBon's Bonbons'.

"Vell I cood care lez!" the owner said. She was a cream colored mare with a curly blue-pink mane and tail. Her booty mark had three candies in wrappers, aparently bonbons.

"Why are ya starin' at mah flank?" she said in completely different voice from a moment ago... or it was in my imagination returning to me.

"Are they Bonbons like your name?" I inquired as I bounced Wades token up and down, ignoring his voice.

"No dawg. Zay Ur Caramals, got problem?" she said with a mid talk voice change and an angry look.

"Yes, just one. Lyra could poison everyone by just standing next to them. Well, that's what the magic/science princess told me." I explained, trying to dodge a butt conversation. Chairs are one thing, butts are another.

Silence filled the building. Not even Pinkie or Diamond Tiara- Did I just start a pandemic? Two pinks in one place. If its a farmer you run, if its pink they run. Simple? I had to diffuse the situation: brag about the token!
"Hey everybody! Do you know what this glowing, blue box is? This is a call sign for another universe!"

"WE'RE GONNA DIE! RUN FOR YOU LIVES!!" screamed Pinkie as every pony and one bug-pony caused a panic out the door.

"She is, like, cra cra about humans. She even has a, like, shine to you and, like, knows where you, like, live." Bonbon said. Though seriously, who needs Tara Strong and Q around when this mare exists? She can voice act everything for all we know!

I left a message for Twilight as soon as I left (make a letter and command block it to Book HQ), I'm gonna need a rain check on that pegacorn magic! By request of everybody I must run home, good thing I have more cakes than Celestia's kitchen in my inventory.


Meanwhile at Canterlot Castle, Luna is rolling in her sleep and a great disturbance fills the air.

"Why does the princess want the Lunar guard? Cakemaggedon? THAT was a real story? Oh my godesses..." came from a guard on the other side of the door, not even a minute later smoke filled the air.

"SHINING?! Are you hurt?"
"Cadie, we left the empire for this?!"
"No. The empire is being guarded by the mares and children."

Luna opened her window, below were crystal ponies and a lot of baking ingredients. As the peasants say, "What the buck is going on?!"


Almost home. Wow. I must have some serious cake breath... Wait. I can't smell the forest! I ignore the though and cross my obsidian and cobblestone bridge I made. There in front of my huge doors was a sleeping girl, the only thing that set warning signals (besides OMG a human girl that isn't Sam) was her green horn on her head and her mint and white hair and tail.

She wore something odd yet updated. A pink tank top with blue jean shorts. Now what goes well with pink? Long yellow socks and long, brown boots. Then again, I'm no expert on style. Around her neck is a small gold harp on a thin gold chain. On her head is a pink hair band with yellow hearts on the sides. Her skin is a green tint rather than a full green like her horn.

I was about to take a knee and wake her but stopped. "Hands~..." Well that was unexpected... I proceeded to poke at her shoulder until she slowly woke up while thinking, I've dealt with poisons and toxins, countless times. If memory and trekking through this forest taught me: if you focus yourself on yourself enough, you can feel slow death. And poison joke can flip which half of me is human. I still miss those legs... Though I thought I wore Nikes. Meh.

I felt my hand poke something else soft. "hehe" I finished counting to nine and looked down on ten. She was laughing her butt off as I poked her side, kicking and squealing. I got up as she stared back at me with golden eyes.

"OK. Are you Lyra?"

"I was thinking of Laura. But yes, I was Lyra. Were you searching for me~?" she said with a grin and sitting up.

"You do know that 'Anthro Smoke' stuff is poisonous, right? I'm just here to make sure nobody dies." Lyra (or Laura. I could care less.) tilts her head then smacks her head.

"Oh yeah, the human gas! No worries! It's a lethal gas, but a harmless form of energy."

"I don't understand." I said sitting Indian style following her doing the same.

"There's a machine that turns the air around us into water and magic that absorbs energy. All I did was use magic and science to absorb the gas in a pure, not deadly form by plugging my lit horn in the gas converter-thing and used a transformation spell guided by the energy. Sort of like those things doctors have when they're taking your blood." her horn had a gold glow that displayed what she did with a mid air magic screen, and her horn glowed pink to show the transformation between human to pony back to human, her clothes changing shape to fit her as she transformed.

From behind us, across the bridge came Box with a butterfly net... that only caught Lyra/Laura's head. We are not amused,"What? I wasn't going to use a bear trap on her or anything."


The rest of the day was simple: calm the town, talk to Twilight, and confirm Lyra was not the "plague pony" so we could all go home... except Lyra made other plans on that last part. "Please! Pleasepleasepleaseplease! Take me with you!" she begged as I limped back home with Lyra hugging my leg.

"Just say 'yes' already. I mean, you're half way home." Box said in his pegasus form, circling us.

"The Castle with her? If I say 'yes' then what's next? 'Can I have room next to yours?' or worse, 'Can we share rooms?'"

Lyra perked up a bit at that and looked up at me with big eyes, "Can we?!"

"Friendship is Magic, kid. By the way, did you hear what happened at Canterlot?"


As soon as we got home I custom made a room for Lyra in the second story. Plumbing, bed, and so on. I think it used to be Celestia's room?
"Are you sure you don't like her?" Box asked with a smirk on his face.

"Besides bursting my bubble, I don't have a problem with her. Besides we just met." I said in my portal room. I have a portal room because Box's weird laptop told him to tell me to make one for my summons and plus, I have nothing better to do.

On the ceiling is a Nether portal (because Equestria doesn't have a Nether world) and the floor is covered in beds for a safe landing. I went to sleep in the room and woke up not feeling any time pass then replaced the bed.

I got up and lifted the cube above my head, "I call upon Wade the Animorph! Master of transformation and... um... Can you also bring your Teseract or whatever this blue box is? I-If you don't mind I mean!"