• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 4,698 Views, 79 Comments

Spikes 'a Plenty - beirirangu



One of twilight's spells goes wrong, causing Spike to multiply

  • ...
2
 79
 4,698

Twilight

It had only been a few minutes since Twilight Sparkle and her Spike made their way back to her house, where she quickly gathered quills and parchment. "Spike! Can you come here, I need to..."

"Run a few tests? I'm already working on one." He replied from the other room.

This caused Twilight to ponder what was happening, so she made her way over to Spike. "Wh...What are you testing?"

"I'm running a few tests on my physical form." He said while looking through Twilights microscope. "I'm seeing if there is any tangible differences between the orginal me and me, I can't very well test my psychological state."

"Well...yes...that is true..." she replied after a pause. "So what have you found out?"

"Actually, based on the scales I found in my bed I have found that my color has indeed altered slightly, aproximately 2% closer in color to your own coat Twilight, but other than that there appears to be no discernable difference."

"Did you take into account the natural color alteration in scale decay?"

"Yes, I have. So what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Have you found anything? Or are you still preparing your tests?"

"I was preparing to preform a psychological test on you...not neccessarily your memory but your..."

"Attitude and personality? Good idea!"

"Well first, if you don't mind me saying, you seem to be a lot more intellegent than you used to be."

"Everyone is a genious but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid." Spike quoted, giving a playful chuckle towards her.

"Th-That is very true Spike, who said that?"

"A pony by the name of Albert Equinstien"

"Isn't that one of the ponies responsible for the Manehatten project?"

"That's not the only thing he did... but we're getting off focus."

"You're right." Twilight coughed, "shall we begin the personality test?"

"I'm ready when you are."

"Alright! Question one: Where do you feel you would want to spend your leasure time?"

"In a library, if we didn't already live in one."

"That's...What I would answer..." Twilight replied, thinking back to all the times Spike specifically mentioned he'd want to be anywhere but in a library when he wanted to relax. "Okay... Question 2: What do you find interesting?"

"Hmm..." he paused, scratching his chin as he looked up and towards the left. "If you think about it, everything is interesting. Even the mundane can be fascinating if you look at it in a different manner."

Again Twilight remembered contradictory events between his past and current self as well as shocking similiarities between he and herself. "Okay, question three:..." She went on asking question after question, realizing that they had nearly everything in common as she felt something inside of her, slowly growing. "Good...Last question... What do you, think about me..?"

"Well you know I've always appreciated you, but now I feel like I know you better, like I'm closer to you."

She blushed lightly, looking at her raised parchment to try and hide it. "But...Do you think I'm...pretty?"

"Twi...I've always thought you were beautiful..."

"...But not like Rarity..."

"No... You have a different kind of beauty, a more...natural one..." Spike replied, causing Twilight to blush harder as he drooped his head. "I just... I never told you because I thought it would ruin our friendship..."

"Aww Spike..." Twilight said and rushed to him with a big hug, embracing him tightly and whispering into his ear. "Actually... I've always though you were, cute too..."

Spike just stood there in shock. Not from the hug but what she said as she embraced him, causing his mind to race. 'Did she just say what I think she did...? Were all those times she said I was cute more than just a "Little brother" cute? Does she care about me that same way I have her for who-knows-how-long?' And after comming back from his thoughts he hugged her back, tightening his grip as much as he could muster while putting his chin into her shoulder. "T-Twilight..."

"Yes Spike?"

"Is that the end of the test?"

Twilight snapped back into reality, realizing that she was enjoying the embrace more than she intended and replied shortly after clearing he throat. "Yes, yes, that was... that was the end of the test."

"So...um...what test are we going to run now?" He asked, slightly dissapointed because he'd wanted to keep hugging her for much longer but, the thought that she might not have had the same intentions had caused him to end it.


*Author's note* Yes, I had originally intended this to be a romance (Preferably clopfic) fiction without much real plot other than the relationships of Spike with the characters of MLP;FiM... So if anyone was dissapointed by the lack of plot, I'm sorry. And if anyone wishes to make a story with an actual plot that uses this idea, please, by all means.

*Editors note* If you write your own version - I (Starkie) want to read it.