• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 4,697 Views, 79 Comments

Spikes 'a Plenty - beirirangu



One of twilight's spells goes wrong, causing Spike to multiply

  • ...
2
 79
 4,697

Rarity

Author's Note:

Long story short, I was looking over some old files I salvaged from my old computer, and I stumbled across this.

I hope you enjoy it.

Walking home from the gathering with her friends, Rarity sighed while thinking to herself, 'I know it isn't Spike's fault, and I know he needs to be around me. But I can't stand him constantly gawking over me... every once and a while is fine, but every waking second...' she shivered. 'I'll just make him do more work... maybe teach him how to sew and ask him to design dress for dragons... yeah, that might keep him occupied,' she looked at him, but strangely he wasn't looking at her, he didn't have a blush in his cheeks, he didn't suddenly turn away pretending he wasn't looking at her, he was just watching where they were walking. She felt slightly uneasy, not really sure why when she saw he wasn't looking at her, 'well I did rush over here, so I'm not really at my best. what if... no it couldn't be... but... what if he doesn't like me anymore?'

Spike on the other hand was racing like a dragster in his mind, 'OH MY GOD I GET TO SPEND ALL MY TIME WITH RARITY!!! THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY IN MY LIFE!' 'But I have to be a proper gentledrake and treat her with as much respect and poise as I can muster. No matter how much it excites me to even be near her. One must not jump to conclusions after all.' 'But what if she does? Oh, I want to look at her, but i know I shouldn't... I'll have plenty of time when she's concentrating on her dresses.' Reaching the boutique in record time, opening the door for her and in a most sophisticated tone, "after you."

"Why thank you," Rarity gestures, entering her home and pausing for Spike to close the door behind them and tossing the basket to the side of the door for now. "Shall I give you the grant tour?"

"I would be delighted," he agreed, already knowing the layout backwards and forwards, probably able to navigate it perfectly while blindfolded.

"Well as you may already be aware of, this is the showroom, where most of the magic happens!" She happily described as she went from room to room, informing her new temporary housemate everything he needs to know, ending with the only two rooms on the second floor, "this is my study, I will ask you never to go in there unless it's an emergency or I invite you." Spike nodded his head in understanding as she opened the door to the last room in the house, "And this is my room, and your room for the time being. Which reminds me, I forgot to bring your basket with me... But it would be rude to have a guest waiting like that," she chuckled.

"oh it's no problem at all. And if I may, I shall get the bed in question and relieve you of that duty."

She was a bit shocked at his manors and tone, but agreeing none the less to his suggestion, waiting a good portion of five minutes for him to finally bring it into her bedroom. "Oh, could you put it over there darling?" Pointing with her hoof next to one of her dressers, "I think it could look smashing there."

"We'll see..." He replied passively as he placed the bed down, adjusting it, and stepping back to see it better. "I think it yould look a lot better if the sheets better matched the setting of the room. Do you think you have any bed sheets?"

She was thinking the same thing, trying to place where she had any extra ones, "check that closet there. I will see if I have any in my study." The second she closed the door behind her, she had to take a double look at the door, mentioning to herself, "There's no way this can be the real Spike... He's so sophisticated and... I hate to say it, but i miss his constant gawking." So she went to her study in search of fabric, finding only raw materials she could very well make sheets out of, but rather use some already made, she returns towards her room after a brief five minutes.

Upon arriving to her door she hears Spike, barely audibly. She leans in slowly, cracking the door as quietly as she could, listening to Spike, "pull it together Spike! It's not like you're asking her to a date. You're just staying at her place for a while... So be on your BEST behavior. She likes that kind of stallion... dragon... oh listen to me..."

She breathed a sigh of relief, 'so it isn't that he doesn't like me anymore.' pausing at her own words, 'did I just... Do I want him to like me?... No, it's just reassuring to hear that I look good.' She paused for a good few moments before knocking on the door, "they weren't where I thought they would've been. I hope you've had more luck."

Comments ( 18 )

please continue this :pinkiehappy:

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! More one chapter!:pinkiehappy::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::raritystarry:

This is just a fun idea no matter what you do with it.:moustache:

yay update! cant wait for either the pinkie or RD chapter!

Yea I have to say this is a interesting story that could have alot of twist and turns to keep it interesting. Can't wait for your next update.:moustache::moustache:

Updating after almost 2 years, you saucy bitch!

Riz

This story seems familiar.... I feel like I've read it somewhere before

There's supposed to be a Rainbow Dash chap.....

4059308 if you're refering to the origin of the idea, it's by a guy called 'Starkie' called "The Seven Spikes"

Riz

4059364 Ohhh...thanks for the answeer

I'm looking toward to rainbow dash and Apple Jack

10279745
I don't understand the question?..
Are you asking me about updates about the story?..
If so, than i should say didn't wright it, nor do i have anything to do with it.

10279759
:facehoof:I just realized that I had the message accidentally directed to you instead of the person that created this story.

9034879
It just depends on your own personal head cannon view on their relationship... some people see them as being siblings, some see Twilight as his mother, some see them as just best friends, while others think they are a cute couple.

Any interpretation can work if done right.

Login or register to comment