• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 3,704 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Split - Ark125



When a teen is transported to Equestria, he will discover that he is altered when ever he feels extreme emotions. Can he and Luna figure out

  • ...
14
 104
 3,704

The Luckiest

Pony Split

Chapter 21 – The Luckiest

Pure Heart's POV

It was beautiful! I walked into a large room that could only be the banquet hall, although it was hard to tell. It was as if a certain pink pony had unleashed a large blast of cannon fire.

As I walked into, I noticed Pinkie, Rarity, AJ, Rainbow, Fluttershy all huddled into a group; shooting the breeze with Luna as well as Marcus. "Hey everypony, what's up?"

Rainbow retorted, "The ceiling." I chuckled at her remark. She gave a smug grin.

"Oh Pure Heart! Wherever did you get such an amazing outfit?" Rarity swooned.

I grinned, "Oh, this thing? It's just something I through together at the last minute." It really wasn't. I was wearing a white vest with a blue over-coat, and a red sash going across my chest. I felt like a foreign dignitary or something.

Everypony was giving me the once over and they ended up with their eyes on the same spot. "Uh, sugarcube? Ain't that the weapon that the Princess found ya with?" Applejack asked indignantly.

Luna concurred, "Yes Pure, I thought you were going to get rid of that horrid thing." She glared at me.

"Well I was going to, but then decided not to destroy the very tool that saved my life many a time. Besides, I did dispel of the most offending part. See? I replaced the bone with diamond. Much better if you ask me."

"Okay, but why in the world did you bring it with you?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Something just makes me feel like I should be ready for anything."

"What would that be, acute paranoia?" Luna rolled her eyes.

"Yes in fac... Hey wait a second!"

Everyone laughed at my blunder.

After everypony settled down, Luna turned back to the girls and asked, "So, where is Ms. Sparkle tonight?"

I had actually wondered the same thing.

"Oh! She said she would be a little late!"

Everypony gasped, except for Luna. "What is the problem?"

"Twilight is never late for anything," Fluttershy explained.

"Yeah. It is one of her big time turn offs," Rainbow said.

"So why is she going to be late?" Marcus inquired.

"Oh, she said something about bringing somepony with her," Pinkie Pie said.

"Wait, we're aloud to bring dates to these?" Rainbow huffed.

"Eeyup." Big Mac said as he walked towards us, holding two glasses of punch.

"Oh, thank you Big Mac," Fluttershy whispered.

"Eeyup."

Marcus leaned over to Applejack and asked, "Is that all he ever says?"

Big Mac leaned over towards them and said, "Nope."

We all burst out laughing.

"Still, Twilight has a date, this I have got to see. Who is it, her brother?" I chuckled.

"Twilight has a brother?" Everypony asked in surprise.

I quickly looked around, sweat dripping from my brow, "Uh, what? I didn't say anything. Said what? Who said what? Who are you?" I coughed and looked around, "Oh look, there she is!" I said to distract everypony while I regained my composure. But it really was Twilight walking through the door, a light blue unicorn escorting her.

She walked over to us as soon as she saw Pinkie Pie jumping up and down screaming, "TWILIGHT OVER HERE!" She also caught the attention of everypony else in the banquet hall.

"Hey everypony, I would like you to meet Arktic Blast."

He stepped forward and bowed, "Good to me you all." He then noticed me and walked over. "Ah, Pure Heart! Twilight has told me much about you!"

"I did?"

He quickly shot her a glare, which I guess I was the only one who noticed. "Oh, yeah, of course I did!"

He took me by the hoof and started shaking it, as he did so I noticed that his hoofs were unnaturally cold, like a doctor when they are about to give you a physical. Either way, it made me shiver. He grinned at my discomfort.

What is wrong, you are shivering? Luna said to me in my mind.

It's nothing. Don't worry about it. I turned to Pinkie and said, "So, should we get this rave started?"

She grinned so big, it almost seemed as if she would explode from the sheer joy you could see on her face. It kinda scared me. "Okie dokie loki!" She then bounced off to the stage.

"What are you doing Pure Heart?" Luna asked suspiciously.

"I'm just spicing up this dull party a little bit." I gave her a grin.

"She rolled her eyes and said, "Don't do anything inappropraite, okay?"

I put on a my best 'I can't believe you would think I would ever do such a thing' face and uttered, "Moi?"

Just then Vinyl Scratch came up to the mic on stage and said, "Kay everypony! Are you ready to dance?"

"YEAH!"

"Then let's get this party started! But first, let's give a warm welcome to our very special guest, Pure Heart!"

Luna was about to say something to me, but she turned to find I wasn't there.

Looking for me?

She looked up and saw me on stage. How did you get up there so fast?

I grinned, Pinkie Pie physics.

"Thank you DJ-PON3! Hey everypony, how you all doing?"

The crowd screamed in excitement.

"Good! Now here is what is going to happen tonight. I will be your host and will show a couple of dances from my homeland. Some of them are pretty self explanatory and others just do what I do. Or just free style, remember, it is all for fun. NOW, are you ready to party!"

"YEAH!"

"Good, hit it!"

Vinyl Scratch started mixing the playlist I had given her earlier. We started with the Electric Slide. Of course I altered it a little to suit the populace.


After 3 hours of dancing, I noticed that everypony was getting a little sluggish. I decided it was time for the finale. I took a quick glance at Luna and the rest of the group, smiling at them. I then noticed that Arktic Blast wasn't there, but I just thought he had gone to the restroom or something, so I shrugged it off.

"Alright everypony, it getting to be that time of night. The time when I slow things down a bit and sing you a little diddy. Afterwards, I will take a quick break followed by a very special announcement. " I walked over to the other side of the stage where Octavia and her group had been since we stole the show from them. I gave them each some sheet music and gave them instructions real quick.

After I informed them of what to do, I walked back over to the mic and said, "So without further ado, here is how I've felt everyday since I came here. This is for you Luna." I queued them to begin and they went into the intro.

"I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns
The stumbles and falls brought me here

"And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am the luckiest

"What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on the street where you live?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

"And in a wide sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know that I am
I am, I am the luckiest

"I love you more than I have
Ever found a way to say to you

"Next door, there's an old man who lived to his 90's
And one day, passed away in his sleep
And his wife, she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

"I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way
To tell you that I know we belong
That I know that I am
I am, I am the luckiest."

After the song ended, there was dead silence.

Suddenly the crowd exploded in to applause. I grinned and gave them a bow and then directed to Octavia's group who then bowed as well.

"Thank you, thank you. I'll be right back, don't go anywhere." I walked off stage followed by the thunderous roar of hooves stomping on the ground.


Once I got back stage, I got a phone call. "Hello, this is Pure Heart. What is your favorite color?"

"Well that is kind of strange question, but I would have to say blue. Anyways, would you like me to do it now?"

"Yep."

"Alright, be there in a second."

Right as I hung up, the Tardis appeared right in front of me.

"Okay folks, here we are." Dr. Whooves led out two very bewildered looking adult humans.

"It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside!"

"Yes, you have said that ten times already."

"Hello!"

"Holy crap! A talking horse!" The woman screamed.

I sighed, "Man, not again."

The man looked at me in shock. "That voice, it can't be."

"Hi Mom, hi Dad."

"Zach?"

"Where?" I turned around quickly in fake shock.

"Yep, that is definetly Zach."

"Oh Zach! I thought you were gone forever!" My mom began to cry as she grabbed me and hugged me tight.

"Losing... feeling... in my... toes." I looked down, "I don't have any toes!" I chuckled as she let me go.

"So Zach, why are you a horse?" My dad asked.

"Okay, first of all, I'm a pony, not a horse. Second, this is how I was when I woke up here months ago. And third, you guys are taking this very well. I'm kind of surprised."

"Oh, you can be sure that I will definitely be needing to see a therapist after this." My dad said.

"Oh, well I know somepony that is fully qualified for that." I looked at the doctor and he waved at me.

"Pure Heart?"

"Holy fug nuggit!" I jumped around and found Celestia standing behind me. "Frick! Warn me next time before you pop out of nowhere like that."

She laughed, "Sorry. Anyways, who are these people?"

"Princess Celestia, please meet my parents, Dan and Katie."

I motioned them to bow, which they did. "Hello, Princess, nice to meet you."

"Very nice to meet you." My mother said.

"Quite. Pure Heart, next time can you warn me before you bring someone from another dimension here?"

"Oh sure. Anyways, they are here to witness my announcement, so I was wondering if you could take them with you back to your private booth."

"Of course."

"Thanks." I turned back to my parents. "We will catch up later. Right now I have to get back on stage." I hugged them real quick. "Love you guys."

"Now if you would please follow me." Celestia walked out of the area with my parents in tow, still looking really confused. I chuckled and walked back out to the stage.


"Hey everypony! Hope you didn't miss me too much." The crowd chuckled. "I will now give my announcement, but first..." I turned back to the group, kind of shocked that Arktic Blast still wasn't back yet. I got over it and finished my sentence, "Princess Luna, will you please report to the stage? Once again, Princess Luna, will you please report to the stage?" I used my best grocery store speaker voice.

She walked up to the stage, the crowd dividing so she could get through. She trotted up the steps, her black dress flowing right behind, sparkling stars all glowing like her beautiful night. Once she got up to to the mic, I leaned over to her and whispered, "By the way, you look stunning tonight."

She blushed and I chuckled.

I then knelt down in front of her, which was kind of hard considering I was a pony, but I managed to do it without falling flat on my face. I levitated the mic down to my mouth, then recited what I had been going over in my head all day long. "Princess Luna, I have known you for a little over 4 months now. But I never want to be apart from you. You are my very reason for existence. So here is my question for you..."

I took a long dramatic pause for effect. The audience all leaned in expectantly. I then proceeded to pull out a little black box. "Will you, Princess Luna, Goddess of the Moon, Bringer of the Night, and love of my life..." I opened the box and revealed a bracelet made of white gold with onyx inlay and specks of sapphire to look like the night sky, finally adorned with a platinum crescent moon. "Marry me?"

The crowd gasped simultaneously.

She looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes. They welled up with tears of joy, even though she knew this was coming.

"Yes... Yes I will marry you Pure Heart."

The crowd cheered as I placed the engagement bracelet on her fetlock. I then turned to face them with my knew fiance. I placed the microphone back into the stand and said, "May I present the future Princess 'Luna Heart'!" The crowd went wild. They were cheering and whistling and clopping their hooves. I smiled and then turned to give my beloved a passionate kiss on the lips.

As we broke the kiss, I looked into her eyes and told her mentally, I love you.

I love you, too.

We turned back to the crowd, who were still ecstatic. I said, "So, Luna and I will retire for the evening, but just because we're leaving doesn't mean you have to stop the party. So rock on! Have fun!" I looked at Luna and said to her, "I know I will." She giggled and we turned to leave.

Right as we were about to walk off stage, the lights went out. There was a crash and a scream. "Luna? LUNA!"

"Hah! You foals! You really thought I wouldn't attend this little soiree?"

That voice!

When the lights came back on, I turned wildly looking for my beloved. My eyes fell upon a single unicorn that was standing at the front of the stage. My fiance levitating next to his side, unconscious, as well as a statue to his other.

Twilight ran up and said, "Arktic Blast! What are you doing with Princess Luna and Discord?"

He looked at her and scoffed, "Oh, I'm sorry my dear Twilight. But I am not Arktic Blast."

His coat, mane, and cutie mark all seemed to disolve, revealing his true colors.

"ARK! Put down my future wife!" I screamed as I ripped off my sash and jacket and drew Divinus.

"Let me think about it, umm, NO!" He let out an evil cackle. "You see, I need her to resurrect her alter ego."

"You will not touch a hair on her head! You are going to die, right here, right now!" I charged at him with my sword raised.

He smirked and opened a portal from which a pack of timber wolves emerged. They blocked my path and started to attack me.

"I must agree with my future brother-in-law. Put down my sister now and perish! Guards!" Celestia came down with her most elite guards and began trying to assault Ark.

He shook his head, "Pitiful, just pitiful." Once again a portal opened, but this time, something I had never imagined possible came out of it. A huge dragon! But not just an ordinary dragon; no, this dragon had three heads and was nothing but bones!

They blocked the path of the guards and began to swat them away as well as keep Celestia at bay.

"Now, as I was saying. I will be your new ruler along side my new allies." His eyes began to glow and he yelled, "SPLIT!"

Suddenly, cracks started to appear on Discord's statue, and then it shattered, revealing the God of Chaos and Disharmony. "Free once again! Thank you Ark."

At the same time, a dark mist of energy began to extract itself from Luna. It formed itself into the shape of an alicorn. "Nightmare Moon has come again!"

Ark grinned, "Ladies and gentlecolts, let me have the honor of introducing the new heralds of chaos, eternal night, and destruction. We are the Task-force Of Misery. Watch out, because here comes T.O.M." He laughed at his pun and threw Luna's limp body into the air.

"LUNA!" I jumped over the timber wolves, earning myself many slivers and scrapes, as I reached out and caught Luna. We fell into a roll across the floor and slid into a wall.

"Well, let us be off my associates." Ark opened another 3 rifts, into which he and his accomplices entered into one. After it closed, the timber wolves and skeletal version of King Gidorah also exited.

I sat there at the wall, holding the unmoving body of my beautiful princess. She opened her eyes and said, "Wow, I feel all tingly. What happened?"

I looked at her and smiled, "Don't worry about it, for now you just rest." I lifted her onto to my back and walked out the door, leaving behind the scene of chaos.