• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 3,704 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Split - Ark125



When a teen is transported to Equestria, he will discover that he is altered when ever he feels extreme emotions. Can he and Luna figure out

  • ...
14
 104
 3,704

One Step Closer

Pony Split

Chapter 9 - One Step Closer

Ark's POV

It is nearing the end of our one month training session. Darkly was doing great with all that I told him to do. He had also gained three more steps on the way: gluttony, envy, and slothfulness. One more and I would have his body for my own.

Yes, everything was going according to plan. He grew stronger every day with the dark magic I taught him. He was using it to slowly decrease the creature population of the forest. This will certainly get the attention of those foalish rulers, as well as to get Darkly to take the last step… over the edge.

I laughed evilly.

"What is so funny, Ark?"

Hmm? Oh, nothing.

"Okay... so what is next?" He had killed manticores, just to practice with his energy sword he had made a week ago. I had told him that he needed a good weapon to defend himself with so he could reserve his magic for when he really needed.

The sword itself was truly spectacular, being made from a mix of: obsidian, for holding some of his magic in reserve as well as magnifying his magic into an aura that could cut through most anything; cobalt, to make it extra sturdy and to give a nice blue tint; and hydra bone, for the skeleton of the sword. The obsidian-cobalt mix was applied to the sides of the rod of bone so as to be able to split off for other uses. The shape of the blade was overall a double-edged broadsword. It was very neatly crafted.

Any ways, I had him practicing with it to harden his heart so much to that he would be completely stoic when we confronted the princesses. Although, thinking about it now, the only reason he needed to be emotionless was so he would not interfere when I did away with the princesses.

Next, you will practice on a dragon. This will be, by far, the hardest task you will have had yet.

"Sounds like fun. Where I can find one?" He grinned with morbid amusement.

See that mountain over there, the one that is smoking?

"Oh, yeah."

That is where you can find a dragon, a large one at that.

"Alright, let's go!"


After a couple of hours of walking, we finally reached the mountain top. We neared the cave entrance, then Darkly yelled out, "Dragon, I am Darkly Facade, I have come here to kill you. I have nothing against you at all, but I feel the need for a challenge to fight. But if you come out now and surrender, I promise yours will be a swift, painless death. So what do you think, do we have a deal?"

We heard a loud, bellowing laugh come from within the cave's depths. "You think you can kill me! I will slow roast you for even having the nerve to come here and threaten me!" We heard loud booming footsteps as the dragon came out of his den.

"Okay, I asked nicely, but you leave me no choice. Prepare yourself for a slow, agonizing, pain-filled death. Expect no mercy," Darkly said with an evil smile and a tone full of blood-lust. I was so proud!

When the dragon emerged, he began to unleash a torrent of flame that quickly consumed Darkly. After he let up, he grinned, thinking that he had already killed this pony. But it quickly turned to a frown as he saw Darkly emerge with out a burn or anything.

Darkly pulled out his broadsword and said, "Wow, bad breath and super ugly, what a combo. I guess that is why you live alone, huh? Did your mother hate you or what?"

The dragon became extremely pissed off at this comment. "How dare you insult me and bring my mother into this. For that, I will eat you and make sure to chew slowly, savoring every one of your blood-curdling screams of pain."

Darkly grinned and charged at the dragon with his blade held high. The dragon tried to swipe at him with his razor-sharp talons, but Darkly nimbly dodged the paw and sliced it off with his energy-surging weapon.

The dragon howled in pain, as blood quickly flowed from the stump. The dragon, in response, whipped him his tail, but narrowly missed him. Darkly grinned, only to be hit by a gale being buffeted from the dragon's wings.

Darkly flew back into the cave, straight into a wall. He quickly fell to the ground, slumping against the wall. He coughed up some blood, but then slowly got up with a large grin on his face. He then spoke, saying, "So you want to play rough, I can do that." He brought forth his sword and yelled, "Split!" In a bright flash of light, the sword's obsidian-cobalt edges separated from the hydra-bone rod. Thus becoming three large spikes.

After they had separated, he began lunging the spikes at the dragon. He started first by tearing the dragon's wings. The dragon cried out in pain as the membranes in his wings were quickly shredded to pieces, making them bleed profusely. Darkly laughed at the suffering of the now wingless reptile. The dragon inhaled and began breathing fireballs at Darkly. He slashed each one that came directly at him in twain.

While Darkly was distracted, though, the dragon had whipped his tail behind Darkly and knocked him off his feet. Then the dragon took the opportunity to pin Darkly down on the ground with his one good paw.

"Get ready to die, you stupid unicorn." The dragon was about to grasp him in his jaws when Darkly flashed out of sight. "Where did he go?" The dragon roared in confusion.

"Back here ugly!" The dragon turned around in time to see Darkly about to plunge his spikes in the dragon's back. The dragon quickly retaliated and smacked him into the ground with his tail. He then came at him with his claws and sliced his body, leaving several gaping wounds all over his body.

Darkly yelped in pain then slumped to the floor, blood pooling in large amounts on the ground. "Hah, thought you could sneak up behind me, huh! Now I will rip out your throat, you demon!"

"Heh, thanks for noticing. Now watch, as I finish you." He slowly got up and brought his weapons forward. With the remnants of his strength, he yelled, "SPLIT!"

His spikes then shattered into several thousand toothpick-sized shards, which then fell to the ground, scattered everywhere. "Hah! You are now defenseless, you pitiful excuse for a pony!"

"Oh, am I?" Darkly grinned so wide, that it kinda freaked me out.

Then, all of the shards began to glow with a red eminence about them. They then started to levitate in the air, all pointing towards the dragon. Then, with a tone of great omnipotence, he screamed, "TEN THOUSAND NEEDLES!"

After he had shouted these words, the shards of obsidian and bone began to shoot at the dragon, impaling him all along the edges of his body, pinning him to the wall, which in turn, left a silhouette of red stained on the wall. Darkly then commanded the needles to come out and let the dragon slump to the floor.

Then the needles all combined back into the three spikes, which Darkly then immediately willed two of them into the dragon's stomach and tail, pinning him once again.

Darkly slowly approached the dragon, and chuckled at the fear in its eyes. The dragon began to whimper, "Please! Have mercy upon me!"

Darkly smiled with the most cruel demeanor possible. He then knelt down to whisper in the dragon's ear, "You pathetic excuse for a life form! Don't you remember what I had said at the beginning..." He slowly stood up and then screamed, "NO MERCY!" With that the third and final spike came raining straight down towards the dragon's head.

Right as the spike was about to drive through the dragon's skull, it froze. The dragon, who had closed his eyes, waiting for his death to come, opened them and looked at Darkly. He seemed to have frozen in place.

Being just as confused, I screamed, What are you doing? Finish him!

"I can't move. Why can't I move?"

"I can answer that!" Darkly looked back to see a figure in the shadows of the cavern.

I shrieked in horror, LUNA!