• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 3,704 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Split - Ark125



When a teen is transported to Equestria, he will discover that he is altered when ever he feels extreme emotions. Can he and Luna figure out

  • ...
14
 104
 3,704

Down with the Sickness

Pony Split

Chapter 10 – Down with the Sickness

Luna's POV

I was flying towards Everfree Forest at full speed. I was almost to the location of the message, but I heard a commotion coming from a nearby mountain and decided to investigate. I quickly changed course to the mountain, hoping I could help in some way.

As I approached the mountain, I heard the sound of a battle going on. I came upon the top of the mountain and saw a cave, which I determined that it was the location of the conflict. I landed near the cave entrance and was about to poke my head around the corner when I heard a very familiar voice, although there was a hint of overwhelming hatred in it.

"TEN THOUSAND NEEDLES!"

The next thing I heard was huge roar of anguish, and then a large thud. I quickly ran in and saw Pure Heart! I heart skipped a beat at seeing him alive, although he did not look well. Actually, he did not even look like the Pure Heart I knew at all.

I watched this Pure Heart look-alike walk slowly towards a large form on the ground that I then discovered was a dragon. It did not look to be in such great condition either. They were both bleeding profusely.

Pure Heart finally reached the dragon who whimpered, "Please! Have mercy upon me!" Who was this imposter that seemed to have blood-lust in his very eyes.

He knelt down to get to the dragon's ear, then whispered something that I couldn't comprehend. Then he stood up and shrieked, "NO MERCY!" I instantly noticed a large spike about to run through the dragon's very skull.

I reacted immediately by grabbing hold of the spike with my magic right as it was about to impale the dragon's cranial cavity as well as froze Pure Heart in place.

The dragon and Pure both began shifting their eyes, as they both were unable to shift their heads, looking to find the one who stopped Pure Heart.

"I can't move. Why can't I move?"

I retorted, "I can answer that!"

He looked back as I let his head shift from my magic to see me as I walked into the light.

I then gasped, realizing that it wasn't just hatred in his eyes, but that his eyes were both purple! They grew big as he saw me walk into sight. "Hey, who is she?"

I looked at him, thinking he was talking to the dragon, but when I looked to the dragon, he seemed just as confused as I was.

"What are you doing, Pure Heat?" I screamed at him.

He looked around, as if searching for someone, then turned to look at the dragon and said, "Hey, buddy, I think she is talking to you."

Now I was really confused, "No, I am talking to you, Pure Heart."

"ME?" he asked.

"Yes, what are you doing Pure Heart?" I asked him again.

"Look lady. I don't know who you think you are, but I am most certainly not this 'Pure Heart' guy of which you speak."

"You mean... you do not recognize me?" I furrowed me brow in sadness.

"No, I... wait! That's her! Your kidding me right?" He started talking, seemingly to no one. "Look, I know you said that I was never to doubt you, but really, she is the Princess of Darkness you spoke of? She is so small, though."

"What is going on Pure Heart, who are you talking to?"

"Hey, I just told you I am not this 'Pure Heart' guy. I am Darkly Facade! The apprentice of Ark!"

I gasped once again, "ARK?"

Pure Heart then began to shudder as his demeanor seemed to change completely, growing more... sinister. "You rang, my dear?" Said a voice that definitely was not Pure Heart's. He then began to laugh in a maniacal tone.

"Ark, what did you do to Pure Heart," I cried.

"Your beloved Pure Heart is no more, there is only my servant, Darkly Facade, and I."

"NO! You demon! You brainwashed my love!"

"Hey, I take offense to that remark," he said with an incredulous grin. "He came to me of his own free will. Sure he lost his memory, but I was kind enough to fill in the blanks."

"With lies!"

"Call them what you will, but now if you will please excuse me. I was about to take possession of this body, permanently."

He once again shuddered, but only slightly, as I began to notice the voice coming out of the red unicorn's mouth seemed to be a mix of both voices I had heard before. "What do you mean 'Take control of this body permanently'? I thought we were a team, Ark! We were going to rule together!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, but it appears you have been lied to. Now, please finish the deed."

"NO! YOU FREAKIN' LIED TO ME! I AM DONE WITH YOU!"

"YOU ARE NOT DONE UNTIL I SAY YOU ARE DONE! But if you will not finish him, then I will."

I felt a force pulse from Ark as he relinquished the control I had over him and them forced the spike into the dragon's head. The dragon squirmed and screamed for a couple of minutes and then fell silent, blood pouring out into more of an ocean than a pool.

Ark screamed in delight, saying, "YES! I have finally completed the final step, wrath! Now, I will take complete control of this body and seize the world in darkness! And there is nothing anypony can do to stop me!"

"I beg to differ!" Darkly Facade then said. He began to control the three spikes that were in the dead dragon body and combined them. Then brought it flying straight at himself. As it was about to impale him, he screamed, "SPLIT!"

A rift began to open and then a bright light flashed. As it subsided, I turned to look at the spot where they had been, thinking that there would be a pony split in half on the floor. But as I looked I saw no bloody halves of my beloved, but two separate ponies!

One of them looked exactly like Pure Heart, which made me squeal in joy. The other, though, was a purple unicorn with a green mane.

The purple one stood up and said, "Wow, what a rush! I was not expecting that at all." He turned to look at Luna and said, "Hey, when he wakes up, tell him thanks for unleashing the most evil entity that ever existed. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to go ahead and drain all of his remaining energy, just so I can get out of here and replenish the rest of my own. Oh, and by the way, just so we are clear, your feelings for him were not normal at all. They were influenced by non other than me! I am the one who made you think you were in love with this pathetic whelp this whole time. I really don't care, so that it why I'm telling you that." A large surge of energy began to ebb out of the unconscious form on the ground and flow into Ark. "With that, I bid you adieu." He then jumped into the rift that had opened and once he was inside, it closed.

I stood there the whole time, being completely shocked at what had just happened. I realized, though, that my love was slowly losing blood by every passing second. I ran over to him and picked him up gently with my magic. Surveying his wounds, I could tell that I was not qualified to treat them. I decided that it was best to get him to the hospital as quickly as possible. Before I left, though, I decided I should probably bring his sword, just in case. I looked for it and found it embedded in the cave wall, glistening with blood.

I carefully laid Pure Heart on my back, and then proceeded to remove the blade from the wall, which came out quite easily. After attaching it to my side I quickly teleported out of the cavern, not ever wanting to see the gruesome scene again.